• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Actos Games Announces Wii U eShop Exclusive psyscrolr (GAFFER made)

GulAtiCa

630x.jpg

h8Pg00O.gif

Article: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/09/actos_games_announces_wii_u_eshop_exclusive_psyscrolr
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e5BSNDcHXQ

Tutorial Videos
Part 1: Controls
Part 2: Enemies

Our own Ashodin has put together a trailer of their newest Wii U exclusive game, psyscrolr. Take a look! This is a Nintendo Web Framework (HTML5) game btw!

#yearofthescarf

"Will there be any support for us lefties?"
"YES! I'm a lefty myself, so reverse controls will be in. Use your left hand to shoot and slash!"

GIFs!

Wow, this looks awesome! So I guess you use the gamepad touchscreen to do all your psychic tomfoolery while you use the d-pad to move? That's pretty neat. Smart use of the gamepad. I'll be checking this out for sure.

GulAtiCa

See folks, this is why we shouldn't instantly dismiss Nintendo Web Framework, :)

This is why I'm excited for this game (as well as to play it anyways!). This game shows what potential great games can be made with the Wii U HTML5 engine: Nintendo Web Framework.

69wpm

Just saw the trailer, looks interesting, the music especially. Will the game be released worldwide or just NA for now?

Oregano

Will buy if it's released in Europe!

It's a travesty that this will get less attention than crap like Meme Run and Spikey Walls.

GulAtiCa

It's a travesty that this will get less attention than crap like Meme Run and Spikey Walls.

I'm doing my best to spread this around. :)

We all should do our best to get the word out about great potential games like this and stop giving attention to crap like Meme Run.

Ashodin

Hey guys thanks for the love! I'll answer any questions here.

Wow, this looks awesome! So I guess you use the gamepad touchscreen to do all your psychic tomfoolery while you use the d-pad to move? That's pretty neat. Smart use of the gamepad. I'll be checking this out for sure.

Yep, the "other buttons" you use in your right hand is the GamePad screen itself. I play with my finger above the GamePad and the stick in my left. Feels very natural.

Just saw the trailer, looks interesting, the music especially. Will the game be released worldwide or just NA for now?

I'll be trying to get it released everywhere for sure!

Will buy if it's released in Europe!

Will try to release there as well!

Please put in Wiimote + Nunchuk support. I'd much rather play this with pointer controls than touchscreen.

I'll be looking into this, but for now the GamePad is all I'm programming for atm.

Looks interesting, and I like that you use the Gamepad.

I think more indie games (and games in general) on the Wii U need to use the GamePad to really sell the thing.

Coming this Fall...so in a couple months? Quick turnaround!

We've been working on the game for a while, and it's just me doing all the scripting, programming, etc. I am lucky to work with some talented artists and composers!

DooD1234

Nintendo what are you doing letting Indies release garbage like this game? I know you're desperate for games but geez have some dignity
/joking lol

Ashodin

Also a heads up, I'll be throwing out a video next week overviewing the first Stage. I'm planning on doing these every week.

Until then, have more GIIIIIIIFS

p7G2kg6.gif

r1mIr6I.gif

vNfP2eu.gif

89TWPvU.gif

Ashodin

art reminds me of Super Time Force

I'm in btw.
Hey thanks!
Will there be any support for us lefties?
YES! I'm a lefty myself, so reverse controls will be in. Use your left hand to shoot and slash!
Just wanted to say that your work is appreciated, and this game looks awesome!
Thanks! I'm working hard to create unique experiences with the game.
So cute. :3 Subscribed and... I'm in.
Thanks!

Roo

Please put in Wiimote + Nunchuk support. I'd much rather play this with pointer controls than touchscreen.

Yeah, same here.
Gameplay looks easy enough to make it work with Wii Remote + Nunchuk.
Hopefully Ashodin can get it done before launch.

Ashodin

Last week I showed off some unique dragging and double-tapping block mechanics!

iU0eL41.gif

XoGSXf1.gif

I have made the blocks smaller and added ZOOM effects to the blocks!

9i0KcQY.gif

Ashodin

Theres gotta be a better name for this, it looks great tho.

Hahaha well I love puns, and psyscrolr is a pun on "side scroller" using the norse method of naming things "olr" with the umlaut.

it's very easy to say as well. Sai - Scroller.

And thanks! More to come as I lead up to launch.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Looks cool, I also like it that you gave the guy a red scarf, scarves are cool and heroic. I also get a Doctor Who vibe from this, mostly the 11th Doctor.

But either way I can't wait to play this when it gets a European release. :D

Looks cool, I also like it that you gave the guy a red scarf, scarves are cool and heroic. I also get a Doctor Who vibe from this, mostly the 11th Doctor.

But either way I can't wait to play this when it gets a European release. :D

I was gonna say the same! The character reminds me of Matt Smith. Definitely interested.

Top Bottom