• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Bought Dragon Age: Inquisition from the Ukrainian store! Thanks for posting that!

Hope EA doesn't get mad at me ;p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Act of War: Direct Action was pulled. Not sure if its due to the compatibility issues or if Atari sold the rights back to Eugen or someone else.

I'd guess the former. If it were due to the rights changing hands High Treason would have been yanked also, although maybe it's supposed to be gone as well and someone just didn't do their job properly. ;)

Hmmm. Maybe I should just wait for dragon age instead... I recently installed the original and I still haven't staeted bayo 2(nearly done with the 1st) and just got smash for Wii u.

Annubis

I'm calling Nabs and any other fighting game fan out

I just found out about Pocket Rumble and this my friends is the next Lethal League. This has to see release. It has neo geo pocket style and ggpo online. Not only that it has some fucking awesome training modes like Skullgirls to help people that are new to fighting games.

Do the right thing and vote for this on greenlight.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167646774&searchtext=pocket+rumble

This looks like the perfect introduction to fighting games.

denx

Bit of a noob question: what program do you recommend to get FPS displayed on the screen while playing a game?

Is Lone Survivor cheap anywhere or on a bundle? I've seen a few giveaways on steamgifts and I missed the game when it was bundled previously.

This reminds me I haven't yet tried the Director's Cut. I loved the game when I played it yonks ago, so I should give it a try.

JaseC

But since you are buying games all the time no matter what, what's the problem to buy Inqusition?

I don't use/care enough about Origin (or B.net or GOG or Uplay*) to buy a game just to have it. I'll buy Inquisition when I'm ready to play it.

* Well, Tintin is something of an exception because, being a licensed game, it's a ticking time bomb. It was better to buy the game sooner and get to it later than wait and miss out entirely.

JaseC

Btw, iif I use steam faimly sharing. Can both be logged into the account on the same time, but not play the same game?

You can't be both playing a game from the one library full-stop. Concurrent logins are fine, though.

Edit: The only way around the lack of concurrent game access is for the library owner to go offline when playing something. Obviously this is only practical when it comes to single-player titles or games that use a third-party MP solution, though (e.g. playing CS:GO online isn't possible when using Offline Mode).

Also Veggie. I'll hold you to that. A GTX970 6/8GB VRAM better be announced in 6 months :p
I'm game. See me the end of May.
-
Late to the party, but I finally got Bayonetta 1 and 2 for my birthday.
(Also got Legend of Korra blu-ray's since I really enjoyed the game and want to watch it again)
Happy Birthday?
Happy Birthday!
-
It's not that I hate Origin, it's that I haven't played the preceding entries in the series. Contrary to what my Steam purchasing habits may suggest, I'm not averse to using other DD services if need be.
Steam is really good and has the most games I want but man those few titles they are missing... they stick like a needle.
What I would give to get Mercenaries 2 on Steam. And I have at least 30 games wishlisted on GOG. And no matter how stupid it may sound, I'd like to have everything at one place :/
I'd buy much more from GOG if purchases there would have Steam-keys as well.

JaseC

Splunk users at Valve are charged with ensuring that Steam and all Valve game servers are always available and secure for customers to enjoy its award-winning games.

RIP Maintenance Tuesdays.

9dioBSu.jpg

We interrupt your mourning of Maintencance Tuesdays to present to you me dumping a couple of Risk of Rain codes that's expiring on the 25th via the magic of a Modbot Raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Delusibeta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of Rain -- MB-9D84169439885147
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-C7DB98DA088F6067

t1416684361z1.png

Modbot himself will show up to post a reminder in about two hours' time, so look forward to that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve's using Splunk now? Awesome.

Splunk Certified Admin, checking in.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So in a way, you now work for Valve? Your dream is complete.

Nope, it just means that I have a certification that would be one more way I could be useful to Valve.

so....what kind of CPU is needed to see benefits from AMD's Mantle? I enabled it for Dragon Age and it crushed my FPS even on the menus. Didn't change any settings (everything High).

I have a 2500k, not powerful enough?

JaseC

so....what kind of CPU is needed to see benefits from AMD's Mantle? I enabled it for Dragon Age and it crushed my FPS even on the menus. Didn't change any settings (everything High).

Mantle is all about reducing CPU overheads. Basically, the better your CPU = the less CPU-limited you are = the less useful Mantle is.

Ruruja

Mantle uses AMD GPUs, I don't think the CPU matters much and 2500k should be fine.

onionfrog

I did a scheme on how FFXIII works:

7iKRuil.jpg
This is pretty accurate.

I find all the game boring :D
But I hope it will be better after I'll reach the open world. I NEED to play this because I never played FFXIII-2 and XIII-3, and it seems they are good games, or at least better then this one :D
How far are you now?
I'm playing the game for the first time as well. I'm at chapter 10 right now and it's getting better. The battle system is actually pretty interesting once you get some freedom in choosing your party.

This chapter 10 boss is hard though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom