• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Blues1990

Quick Question: Exactly how flexible is the character creator in this game? I want to create an Ellen Ripley, Anastasia Dualla, or Zoe Washburne lookalike in this game, but I'm worried that there will be some limitations to what I can do.

wrowa

Has anyone made a comparison between the DL version and the disc version with loading packs installed already? Would love to know if the disc version is as good as the DL version with the packs installed or if the digital release still performs slightly better.

SoLongSoStrong

Neo Member
zlCfzTS1s6cuoBZOGx

Welcome to NLA.

TheMoon

Has anyone made a comparison between the DL version and the disc version with loading packs installed already? Would love to know if the disc version is as good as the DL version with the packs installed or if the digital release still performs slightly better.

Give it a few days. The game has barely been out for an hour officially. :p

Hiltz

Anyone else hope we get a release date before E3? And at E3 have a playable English demo on the show floor, then release it by August. That would be best.

I think we'll just get a fall/holiday confirmation. Nintendo can always announce a more specific release date in a future Direct video when it can more easily gauge the debugging and localization's progress for such a large title. I don't expect to see a playable E3 English demo, but maybe a trailer instead. I mean, Nintendo needs to get this game out this year overseas, so taking time away from its localization and debugging could pose a problem. Perhaps we'll see the Treehouse just do another live stream of the Japanese version with translated text. The last playable build we saw them do earlier this month was still of the Japanese version, and they have about 51 days left until E3, but obviously less to prepare something for E3.

Zyrox

This thread is going to taunt me on the front page for quite a while, isn't it?
Have fun guys, I'll just sit here in the corner and play Smash Bros....yea thats fun...I'm really feeling it...hehe
T_T

rjc571

Banned
They removed the Wiimote + Nunchuk controls? Guess I'm not buying this, then. The Wiimote + Nunchuk control setup is the only one that lets you move your character and navigate the combat menu at the same time, which is pretty vital as the effectiveness of your skill attacks relies on your position relative to the enemy. I'll only buy the game if they patch them back in.

Neiteio

What is up with those faces?

What kind of word is Skell?

What is up with that music?

I love you TheMoon

Zero²

Cant wait for this game to come to west.
Treehouse, I know you guys and gals must be shocked by the amount of text/voices (over 11000 samples just for the battle cries WTF), but hurry up! T_T
Damn I cant wait to form a Guild with you guys and go hunt some monsters!

Chaos17

The digital version is live!
For people playing the Japanese version, add my NNID for some squad action: Keiician

My character:

And now back to the game.

Glad to see that we will be able to make decent/cool MC with character creator :)

Zero²

Has it been stated why there is no fall damage? And why can you jump so high?

Less gravity on planet Mira?

I really wish there is some in-game explanation to this. I know fall damage would limit exploration but.. I kind of like it being there.
Actually the gravity is almost the same as Earth's, 0.94G, weirdly enough ...
About all those questions, be sure there is a very good reason for all of them :)

Neiteio

IWATA: "Takahashi-san, tell us the 'Riki potato' story you told me at the water cooler the other day."

TAKAHASHI: "Water cooler? We work in separate buildings."

IWATA: "Shush, Takahashi-san." (laughs nervously)

TAKAHASHI: "Do you even have a water cooler here? Do you even drink water? Come to think of it, I've never seen you eat or drink, or use the facilities." 1

1 Takahashi is insinuating Iwata is an android. 2

2 Androids are synthetic constructs meant to resemble humans.

IWATA: (nervous laughter intensifies)

TAKAHASHI: "At any rate, during the development of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, for Wii, I found myself lusting over the character Riki."

IWATA: "Riki?! The Nopon?! How strangely erotic."

TAKAHASHI: "Wait, I don't mean it in a DeviantArt sort of way. 3 I mean I hungered for Riki. I wanted to eat him!"

3 DeviantArt is a collection of crudely-drawn Sonic fan art

IWATA: "Eat Riki?! What would he taste like?!"

TAKAHASHI: "His ovular shape makes me think he might taste like potatoes."

IWATA: "Aonuma-san and I were discussing this the other day. He thinks Riki would taste more like a mango."

TAKAHASHI: "I don't very much care for mangos. At any rate, the concept of Riki tasting like potatoes was intriguing to me. Unfortunately, as this revelation occurred to me as the first Xenoblade was about finished, we were unable to properly express this concept in the narrative of the game."

IWATA: "I see. Every game has a schedule, and sometimes the conclusion of a game's development means that certain concepts such as potato-tasting characters go unexpressed."

TAKAHASHI: "Exactly. I felt like an abandoned lover, reaching out helplessly from the platform as the train carrying my soulmate disappeared down the bend."

IWATA: "That feeling, the feeling of one's lover disappearing from sight as their train leaves the station, is a rough feeling indeed."

TAKAHASHI: "That's right. So I knew I would need to create another game to express the concept of Riki as a potato. That led to the character of Tatsu, and was the starting point of Xenoblade Chronicles X."

IWATA: "Incredible!" (laughs)

TAKAHASHI: "I hope players look forward to meeting this potato-like Nopon. I will shed tears of joy if I hear them saying how much they wanted to eat him."

RPGCrazied

I also hope you can get a Monado replica in the game, be it for your Doll or character as a weapon. That would be awesome.

Top Bottom