• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

chadboban

IWATA: "Takahashi-san, tell us the 'Riki potato' story you told me at the water cooler the other day."

TAKAHASHI: "Water cooler? We work in separate buildings."

IWATA: "Shush, Takahashi-san." (laughs nervously)

TAKAHASHI: "Do you even have a water cooler here? Do you even drink water? Come to think of it, I've never seen you eat or drink, or use the facilities." 1

1 Takahashi is insinuating Iwata is an android. 2

2 Androids are synthetic constructs meant to resemble humans.

IWATA: (nervous laughter intensifies)

TAKAHASHI: "At any rate, during the development of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, for Wii, I found myself lusting over the character Riki."

IWATA: "Riki?! The Nopon?! How strangely erotic."

TAKAHASHI: "Wait, I don't mean it in a DeviantArt sort of way. 3 I mean I hungered for Riki. I wanted to eat him!"

3 DeviantArt is a collection of crudely-drawn Sonic fan art

IWATA: "Eat Riki?! What would he taste like?!"

TAKAHASHI: "His ovular shape makes me think he might taste like potatoes."

IWATA: "Aonuma-san and I were discussing this the other day. He thinks Riki would taste more like a mango."

TAKAHASHI: "I don't very much care for mangos. At any rate, the concept of Riki tasting like potatoes was intriguing to me. Unfortunately, as this revelation occurred to me as the first Xenoblade was about finished, we were unable to properly express this concept in the narrative of the game."

IWATA: "I see. Every game has a schedule, and sometimes the conclusion of a game's development means that certain concepts such as potato-tasting characters go unexpressed."

TAKAHASHI: "Exactly. I felt like an abandoned lover, reaching out helplessly from the platform as the train carrying my soulmate disappeared down the bend."

IWATA: "That feeling, the feeling of one's lover disappearing from sight as their train leaves the station, is a rough feeling indeed."

TAKAHASHI: "That's right. So I knew I would need to create another game to express the concept of Riki as a potato. That led to the character of Tatsu, and was the starting point of Xenoblade Chronicles X."

IWATA: "Incredible!" (laughs)

TAKAHASHI: "I hope players look forward to meeting this potato-like Nopon. I will shed tears of joy if I hear them saying how much they wanted to eat him."

You're gonna get me in trouble for giggling like an idiot at work.

boxter432

random question:
since we have to buy our squad's Skells....if a teammate's skell dies/explodes do we have to use insurance/rebuy it? Or will they automatically jump out at a certain percentage? or are they exempt etc..? would stink if teammates constantly die and you have to waste time/money to get their skells back.

well this question is going to get ignored with the the pic below me being posted...

zlCfzTS3SsAkZxV-hz

welp, I know what I am making when I get this game home

Did you reach the point where you can change the looks/voice of the MC? I don't like the one that I chose (the jumping yell is terrible), but I don't want to reroll just for that.

Nope, I think it may be one of the normal quest. I'm at the point that I can start chapter 8.

TheMoon

I love you TheMoon

But am I tits
?

Zero²;161917789 said:
10/10 Moon,
Potato
Tatsu motion blurred was a great touch ~

:p Thanks. Their website banner killed me on April 1st. So glad I saved two of the pics (sadly the others seem to be lost forever :/)

IWATA: "Aonuma-san and I were discussing this the other day. He thinks Riki would taste more like a mango."

tumblr_inline_mjtx2dX8SQ1qz4rgp.gif

Well, Gamexplain uploaded a video showing off the character creator. Despite having a good amount of options to create a unique face, the rest of the body besides height and (for girls) boobs isn't customizable. Not that many hair options either. But still, I do like the options for the face.

The only thing that makes the wait easier for Xenoblade X is the wait for Witcher 3...god i hope we hear a release date soon >.<

kubus

Wow Amazon had it for cheap, I feel bad for ordering the bundle marked up at Nin-Nin Games. Oh well.
Yeah I was lucky though, managed to catch it when it was made available to pre-order again. Nin-Nin Game has gotten pretty terrible with their pricing :(. Hope it wasn't too bad!
Amazon hasn't shipped your bundle yet? Mine got sent out yesterday. When did you order?
Aww so jealous! I ordered yesterday, so I was mentally prepared I wouldn't get it on release :p. My order just changed to "Preparing for shipment" so I might just have it on Thursday or Friday :D.

Oni3298

Well, Gamexplain uploaded a video showing off the character creator. Despite having a good amount of options to create a unique face, the rest of the body besides height and (for girls) boobs isn't customizable. Not that many hair options either. But still, I do like the options for the face.

Did you notice how all the face options had unique hairstyles attached, but then when you pick a face and try to change the hair, you don't get all the options you can clearly see when choosing face options.... kind of a weird design decision. Why not give use the full suite of hair options to choose from?

TheMoon

I have a feeling this has to do with the insane amount of different armors in the game. Not sure how that theory fits in with the boob slider, though.

Neiteio

I have a feeling this has to do with the insane amount of different armors in the game. Not sure how that theory fits in with the boob slider, though.
For moments like this, I wish I had a variant of lifefindsaway.gif that says "Japan finds a way"

AdanVC

Oh my god I have this crazy idea going of just import a Japanese Xenoblade X Wii U bundle just to play this damn game. Even though it would be a pain to configure and play since I don't understand Japanese at all...

Looking forward to read impressions and screenshots and sutfffff

Chaos17

Someone know how to change the camera with the gamepad and use the camera hopper ?
French streamers don't know so I wanna help.

Did you notice how all the face options had unique hairstyles attached, but then when you pick a face and try to change the hair, you don't get all the options you can clearly see when choosing face options.... kind of a weird design decision. Why not give use the full suite of hair potions to choose from?
Ohh you're right! That's weird indeed, doesn't seem like the shape of the head changes that much. Wonder what the factor is that decides what options you get shown. Seems like this person only got the 'pretty boy' hairstyles and not some of the edgier ones like the mohawk or even buzz cut.

Right, that makes sense. I was thinking the male side would have options for some abs/pecs, alongside the boobies on the female side. Or a bulge/booty slider. It wouldn't impact the armor more than the outfits do with the boobs. Oh well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Oh God, Etika joined the Gamexplain stream's chatroom. My dick.

Jiraiza

Yeah I was lucky though, managed to catch it when it was made available to pre-order again. Nin-Nin Game has gotten pretty terrible with their pricing :(. Hope it wasn't too bad!

Aww so jealous! I ordered yesterday, so I was mentally prepared I wouldn't get it on release :p. My order just changed to "Preparing for shipment" so I might just have it on Thursday or Friday :D.

Almost nearly double the price with shipping included. Maybe I'll just cancel and pray for Amazon to stock up. B-But the wait...

Boob slider? can I make a flat girl? (serious question)

Kinda disappointed to hear that I can't change much of their bodies, but I guess it's because of the armor designs. My character will hopefully end up fully covered in epic armor.

Top Bottom