• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feminist Frequency condemns E3 Badge (Persona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HGH

Banned
LEgDQ1K.png

https://twitter.com/femfreq/status/611229178596233218

You know,the more she condemns the little,almost harmless things, the more people are going to stop taking her seriously when she's condemning actual issues.

leeh

Sigh....

Hows that in any way sexist?

If it was a bloke on that in the same pose, no one would look twice.

Zakalwe

Banned
She needs to pick her battles, gaming industry does need more balance but it doesn't need to remove these things altogether.

That character on the badge really isn't that problematic in itself.

That retaliation tweet is pretty idiotic.

DrArchon

Rise's outfit isn't even all that scandalous. She shows some skin, yes, but it's not nearly as bad as the idol outfits in #FE. I wouldn't call it exploitative or demeaning in the least.

Seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

Edit: Also, showing Sarkeesian as the cliche evil Jew direct from Nazi propaganda isn't helping anyone. It's disgusting.

Allforce

Holy shit that response tweet, I'm dying.

Kotaku is licking their chops right now, this story will blow up all day.

painey

"Anita Sarkeesian is ugly!"

Wow, certainly showed her!

The actual implication is that she is 'jewish' (it's based on a meme) - with the stereotype that the jews just care about money, and that Anita will find faults with anything to make some clicks (and thus, money). It's not really supposed to be attacking her looks.

Nheco

I'm predicting dozens of pages with senseless discussion, like most of Anita's complaints.

She started with some valid points in the past, now she does it just because people expect her to do so.

The actual implication is that she is 'jewish' (it's based on a meme) - with the stereotype that the jews just care about money, and that Anita will find faults with anything to make some clicks (and thus, money). It's not really supposed to be attacking her looks.
Well that's even fucking worse. Jesus.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Whats wrong with Rise ? I ignored all the GamerGate stuff of the past so maybe im missing something here.

As someone who dont know her much this seems like a scream for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom