• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feminist Frequency condemns E3 Badge (Persona)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Ryo_

CHyQ1LHWcAArw2G.jpg:large

There's no need for this, even if you disagree with her.

The actual implication is that she is 'jewish' (it's based on a meme) - with the stereotype that the jews just care about money, and that Anita will find faults with anything to make some clicks (and thus, money). It's not really supposed to be attacking her looks.

Thank you. I'm glad someone else already beat me to saying this.

SerTapTap

I strongly agree with inclusion in games (and this E3 was at least slightly better than usual in that regard) but it really seems like she's going a bit out of her way to find examples like this lately. I can't agree here at all. She's a pop star in a dancing game. And dressing sexy isn't inherently bad either...also ironic is this game allows crossdressing (at least for the boys, wasn't sure for the girls) so it's hardly only sexualizing women. Sexy games != Sexist games.

marrec

Banned
Fucking LOL. For a minute I thought this was the actual badge they gave her – she'd have a point then if that was the case lol. Otherwise, this so trivial and not even sexist.

It's about as trivial as a single tweet expressing disappointment.

Like what... she... did.

I mean, seriously.

Coxswain

"Condemns" is the most hilariously sensationalist way you could possibly choose to describe what is really the Twitter equivalent of maybe going "Hmm." with a frown on your face for half a second and then getting on with the rest of your day.

(Also, you guys know that's an edit/recreation of an incredibly racist "cartoon", right?)

Gilgamesh

I'm usually for Anita, but between this and her Dishonored comment, she's been off-putting recently. Rise on the E3 badge is a non-issue. She's a pop star, that's what pop stars wear. Ariana Grande wears shit like that all the time.

I'm predicting dozens of pages with senseless discussion, like most of Anita's complaints.

She started with some valid points in the past, now she does it just because people expect her to do so.

She needs to to keep doing the long form stuff instead of sniping low hanging fruit

Without context its hard to not see every thing like this as petty and easy

Twitter is not the right platform for expression when we have a complicated issue that she typically tackles in depth

How is it anti-semetic? I think you're reading into some dumb little cartoon someone did a bit too far there.

Nope, sorry - it's a cartoon that was clearly based on old caricatures of the "grasping Jew", right down to the hooknose and rubbing hands. In fact, I'm pretty sure the original image it was based on turned up in one of the old Gamergate threads.

EDIT: And Coxswain delivers above.

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
What is wrong with the badge. It's an anime girl with a skirt. Pretty tame and nothing in poor taste. Nothing overly sexual or risque either at all :/

People are way too sensitive. Sheesh

Seems more like a "greedy jew" caricature than a "ugly" caricature to me.

I don't get it either way though.

Also, I'm inclined to agree with Anita on this one, even though that usually isn't the case.

Yeah...the reply seems super crass and borderline racist.

I don't totally agree with Anita but...Rise is the japanese idol in P4. So in a spin off about dancing and jpop...i guess you could complain about the outfit but it's not like the intro to P4 where, iirc, Rise is in a swimsuit + shower or something.

This may be flogging a dead horse because it's called Feminist Frequency but have they/Anita ever complained about over-sexualization of males or do they think the female portrayal problem needs to be dealt with first?

I was always passive and took a back seat when it came to her but now she's after Persona. AWW HELL NO...AWWW HELL NAAAAAWWW. Hold my man bag, someone hold my man bag.

Well, I don't agree with her here (or with most of what I've seen her tweet during E3), but holy shit you guys, how the fuck is resorting to Jewish caricature an appropriate response to this at all?

Is it really so hard to just say "I disagree" and move the fuck on?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Surprised "Jewish Anita" has its fans up in here

I think the badge is not really an issue, and Anita is reaching. She isn't making a huge deal out of it, though. It's just a tweet that misses the mark

If it had been a man on the E3 badge, we'd probably be having a discussion of how women are never equally represented in the industry.

But it was a woman on the badge, so now we're taking about how it wasn't an ideal representation.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom