• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceatcs

DuckRacer said:
August 18, held in Cologne in Germany from "gamescom" at the Gran Turismo 5 has been announced for the latest information on game design.

以下に発表内容をご紹介します。 Here are the following announcement.

■収録車種・1,000車種・170種類のプレミアムモデル(内装、ダメージに対応) ■ Model 170 Model 1000 recording of premium models (interior, corresponding to the damage)
・830種類のスタンダードモデル(『グランツーリスモ 4』から引き継がれたモデルに互換性を持たせたもの) 830 kinds of standard model (the Gran Turismo 4 are compatible with models that have carried over from)

■収録コース・20コース以上・60以上のレイアウト ■ Course layout included 60 or more 20 or more courses

■車両の物理シミュレーション・一新された物理シミュレーション・車両の転倒を表現・ダメージ表現(衝突による変形を完全に再現) ■ expression represented a fall in vehicle damage physical simulation of the vehicle is new physics simulation (reproduced in full by the collision deformation)
・プリウス、インサイト、テスラといった最新のハイブリッドカー、電気自動車の挙動も忠実に再現 Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla, to faithfully reproduce the behavior of electric cars

■アーケードモード・シングルレース・2プレイヤーバトル Race 2: Battle ■ Single player Arcade mode

■GTモード・ワールドマップ・マイガレージ・カーディーラー・チューニングショップ(パーツ、タイヤ) My garage car dealer CHUNINGUSHOPPU ■ GT World Map mode (parts, tires)
・洗車・チャンピオンシップレース(シリーズ制、ポイントシステム) Championship race car wash (Series system, point system)
・ライセンステスト License Test

■オンライン・オープンロビー・テキスト/ボイスチャット・プライベートルーム・オンラインフォトアルバム・オンラインリプレイアルバム・YouTubeへのリプレイ出力 ■ Lobby Open Text Online / ONRAINFOTOARUBAMU ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU private voice chat room to YouTube replay output

■フォトモード・フォトドライブ(サーキット) ■ Photo Mode photo drive (circuit)
・フォトステージ(フォトモード専用ステージ) Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■グランツーリスモTV ■ Gran Turismo TV
・PSP®へのビデオ出力・プログレッシブダウンロード・ユーザーインタフェースの改良・連続再生 PSP ® playback PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO improved user interface for video output

■ミュージアム・『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』版から更なる情報の追加 ■ Museum of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, add more information

■サウンド・カスタムサウンドトラック(PS3に保存された楽曲の使用) ■ Sound Custom Soundtrack (PS3 save the use of the song)

■ユーザーインタフェース・『グランツーリスモ5プロローグ』とデザインコンセプトは同一。 ■ User interface design for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same concept. アイコンはカラーに変更・フェイストラッキングによりコクピットカメラの移動が可能に(内装を立体的に確認可能) The icons can be moved by KOKUPITTOKAMERA face tracking changes in color (the interior in three dimensions can be confirmed)
TRANSLATOR-GUY_1140397d.jpg

Angst

BeeDog said:
Awesome. Anyone up for a proper translation?

EDIT: so only 170 cars will have damage? Hmpf.
I think it means that 170 cars while have modeled cockpit views, while the other will have the "cockpit view" from GT4.

agm2502

I'm reading it as all cars have damage but 170 of them also include interior damage, which would be really impressive. Hope I'm reading it right.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
But.... is it gonna be fun to play like Gt1, GT2, and GT4 or is it gonna be a boring mish-mash of realistic visuals and super-realistic handling like GT3 and Prologue?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Angst said:
I think it means that 170 cars while have modeled cockpit views, while the other will have the "cockpit view" from GT4.
I'm thinking this is probably true. I mean, a thousand cockpit views is like, a lot.

mr_nothin

Banned
BeeDog said:
Awesome. Anyone up for a proper translation?

EDIT: so only 170 cars will have damage? Hmpf.
ONLY!?!?
That's TONS more than I expected.

I told you guys to just wait it out! OMGz GT5 is herez!
Gameplay of damage PLEASEE11!#@2

agm2502 said:
I'm reading it as all cars have damage but 170 of them also include interior damage, which would be really impressive. Hope I'm reading it right.

Good God I hope you're right. The whole '170 have damage' and '170 have interiors' theories seem too low for a game with this development time.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Shapingo said:
Custom soundtracks is great, especially for those endurance races!

That was the best thing I read in that list. If ever a game needed custom soundtracks, GT is it. I can't wait to throw on whatever album I'm listening to when this game finally comes out and space out in a Gran Turismo trance.:D

offshore

No way can only 170 cars have cockpit cam....I think it means that damage affects the cockpit instead of just the exterior.

Where the hell is translator guy!

Naughtboy

Banned
agm2502 said:

WHAT?? but with something like 1000 cars i guess it's to be expected, seriously mind blowing

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
footage please!
Also wow at Youtube uploads.

offshore said:
"170 Premium model of the type (interior, corresponding to the damage) "

Does that mean damage is on all the cars, but damage in the 170 can be witnessed in the cockpit cam as well?
Only 170 cars will have full interior and any sort of visual damage, the rest are standard cars like before with bumper cams and regular gt invisible damage.

That's how i'm reading it.

Issun23

What I'm reading is, 830 (standard) cars that have been carried over from GT4 and 170 (premium) new ones that will appear for the first time in GT5. These last 170 all present damage. That's a total of 1000 cars.

I could be wrong though, my Japanese is not perfect.

I guess the standard and premium properties rely on whether that have damage or not.

wouwie

Still hoping for weather and/or day/night though. I'd rather have less cars (wtf is going to drive 1000 cars anyway). Also, the damage thingie isn't clear from translation so far.

I'm new to the gran turismo series but i'm really getting into Prologue now so my anticipation for this game has changed from "what is gran turismo?" to "one of my most anticipated games".

offshore

"(interior, corresponding to the damage)"

That's the key. It must mean damage affects the interior.

There's no way after 5 years only 170 cars will have cockpit cam, yet Forza after 2 years will have 400 cockpit enabled cars. I can't believe that...

S. L.

infoseek translation which usually makes a bit more sense than google translation
The latest information about the game specifications of "Gran Turismo 5" was announced in "gamescom" held with Germany cairn from August 18.

I introduce below announcement contents.

■ A collecting car model
* 1,000 car models
* 170 kinds of premium models(It supports interior decoration, damage)
* 830 kinds of standard models(The thing which gave a model succeeded from "Gran Turismo 4" compatibility)

■ A collecting course
* The layout that is more than .60 more than 20 courses

■ The physics simulation of the vehicle
* The physics simulation that was renovated
* I express the fall of the vehicle
* Damage expression(It is reproduced transformation by the collision by perfection)
* Prius, an in site, the latest hybrid car such as the T, the behavior of the battery car reappear faithfully

■ An arcade mode
* A single race
* Two player battles

■ A GT mode
* A world map
* My garage
* A car dealer
* A tuning shop(A part, a tire)
* Car washing
* A championship race(The series system, point system)
* A license test

■ Online
* An open lobby
* Text / voice chat
* A private room
* An online photo album
* An online replay album
* The replay output to YouTube

■ A photo mode
* A photo drive(A circuit)
* A photo stage(A stage for exclusive use of the photo mode)

■ Gran Turismo TV
* The video output to PSP
* A progressive download
* The improvement of the user interface
* Consecutive reproduction

■ A museum
* It is added the further information by "five Gran Turismo prologues" version

■ Sound
* A custom sound track(The use of a musical piece saved in PS3)

■ User interface
* The design concept is same as "five Gran Turismo prologues". The icon is changed in a color
* The movement of the body pit camera is enabled by face tracking(I can confirm interior decoration three-dimensionally)

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
This is really confusing. Polyphony needs to hurry up and update their English site.

Are the translations often put on the site close to the original articles, or...? WHERE ARE ALL THE JAPANESE WHEN YOU NEED THEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom