• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
BeeDog said:
Are the translations often put on the site close to the original articles, or...? WHERE ARE ALL THE JAPANESE WHEN YOU NEED THEM

Whenever Polyphony updates their site with info that's relevant toward English speakers they also update their English site with that info. I guess what's taking so long is that they also posted a massive GT PSP update. So that's probably going to take some time.

Niks

ExtraKr1spy said:
could the 170 cars(speculation) that have damage be the race cars? and the regular production/road cars not have damage?

Im going with this. But the other question is will all have cockpit view or not??

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I have translated the info to English, then back to Japanese, then to Spanish, then back to English again:

From the 18 of August as far as that, in means of the grasping of the German grain that is similar, ' “gamescom” is;
[gurantsurisumo] 5' The information to date with respect to the appointment of the game; It was announced. The content of the warning is engaged in the following one.
* Type of model 830 of the remuneration of 170 of type model (inner and agreement to damage) of model 1,000 (' of the recording of sounds; Standard model;
[gurantsurisumo] 4' The sky those that can give the post of the model that is)
* disposition of course 20 of the recording of sounds to be many 60 or the course to be many
* physical simulation assumed the control of the car with the expression (deformation of the reappearance of the collision of the perfection) of the damage of the expression of the revocation of the physical car of the simulation reform that [puriusu] and vision, conduct of to date mix-raises the car and the electrical automobile as Tesla gambles behind and faithfully
* washing [chiyanpionshitsupuresu] of the way of ■GT of the fight (piece and tire) [of warudomatsupu] [maigareji] [kadeira] [chiyuningushiyotsupu] car of the way of the arches [shingururesu] two that requests (the serial system and the system of point) [raisensutesuto]
* [opunrobi] makes leave to kyat [puraibetorumu] [onrainhuotoarubamu] [onrainripureiarubamu] YouTube of the text or it express [in line ripurei]
* photographs the way [huotodoraibu] (circuit) [huotosuteji] (deprived stage of the use of the way of the photography)
* [gurantsurisumo] [yuzaintahuesu] of the improvement of the exit video [puroguretsushibudaunrodo] of TV PSP® to arrive a to be extinct, outside in the middle, & of the game behind; the museum ' [gurantsurisumo] 5 prologue' Emptiness; & of the addition of the edition; ] sounds [kasutamusaundotoratsuku (use of music that stays with PS3) & the using interface ' of one more a more detailed information; [gurantsurisumo] 5 prologue' And the design philosophy is identical. In view of the correction of the competition of the thought to color the camera of the cockpit (] with the possibility of the test of the movement of three dimensions perhaps [hueisutoratsukingu inside)

GAH NOTHING IS WORKING

LOL WTF??:lol :lol

in view of the correction of the competition of the thought to color the camera of the cockpit (] with the possibility of the test of the movement of three dimensions perhaps [hueisutoratsukingu inside)

-Amon-

I don't think that it means 170 cars with interiors. All cars in GT5p have interiors.. how many cars are in GT5p ? 70 ?

offshore said:
How can only 170 cars have cockpit view when they've been working on it for 5 years? How?

That has to be wrong.
Takes some effort and time to model it correctly to the scale of GT5, I don't blame them.

chubigans said:
* Type of model 830 of the remuneration of 170 of type model (inner and agreement to damage) of model 1,000 (' of the recording of sounds; Standard model;
[gurantsurisumo] 4' The sky those that can give the post of the model that is)

Well that sucks.

Ranger X

Nah it might be that only 170 cars have deformable cockpit views. Otherwise nothing makes sense.

Also, there will more than 170 race cars i'm sure.

offshore said:
How can only 170 cars have cockpit view when they've been working on it for 5 years? How?

That has to be wrong.

Whether it's right or wrong, they've been working on a lot more than car models in that time period.

The only 170 cars will have cockpit view makes no sense.

GT5P has 80-ish cars, all with cockpit view. So youre telling me only 90 more cars beyond that get cockpit views? Also, the variety of cars in GT5P is a bit of wtf so having only those cars and a few more doesnt make sense.

The way I see it(as with some users), those 170 cars are racing vehicles that has damage beyond the exterior. So if you crash the front end at high speeds, chances are the cockpit will be all bent and screwed up :lol

The 830 cars from what it sounds like, wont have damage. I seriously doubt it wont have cockpit views given all current racing games now have them and this game being on development far longer than any racing games out/coming out anytime soon.

Anywho, im just as clueless as the rest of GAF. Come on Proper Translation =/

Esch

Banned
Keep trying guys, don't get

2mhtxlt.jpg

-Amon-

Diablohead said:
Takes some effort and time to model it correctly to the scale of GT5, I don't blame them.

I'm not saying it's easy at all. But i'm sure we'd all prefer to have more cars driveable from cockpit view... and considering that all cars in GT5p have interiors and cockpit view.. i find the number a little low.

vanqu1sh

Banned
All 1000 cars have to have damage or online competitive racing wont work.

Weather and day/night cycle are left out now? Those were rumors only?

.nimrod

* The movement of the body pit camera is enabled by face tracking(I can confirm interior decoration three-dimensionally)

:O

if that's what i think it is, then i'm buying a pseye as soon as possible

spwolf

Galvanise_ said:
Thank fuck. THANK FUUUUCCCCKKKK.

Right, now its a waiting game for a nice translation.

right now i would filter out all .jp users and not let them access the site until they submit the translation :D

offshore

You know, they only showed cockpit view in Sept 2007....so I bet it is 170 cockpit cam cars....and not to be a dick, but that kinda sucks when FM3 will have 400 and only taken 2 years :|

We need a proper translation.

I have a question and I apologize if this seems like a noobish thing to ask but I don't follow the GT series.

Is there a site or way to check the car list? I drive a Toyota Scion XB and it would really intice me to get into this if I could drive the same car I do in real life.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
.nimrod said:
:O

if that's what i think it is, then i'm buying a pseye as soon as possible
Oh crap you're right! And Sony confirmed the software for face recognition was in the OS as early as a year back.

OH MAN CMON SOMEONE TRANSLATE

Epic_Dave

Neo Member
offshore said:

That has to be wrong.

Again, I think it means 170 cars will feature damage when viewed from the cockpit, all other cars will have external damage but wont show damage in the cockpit view. Could be totally wrong though.

spwolf

RuneFactoryFanboy said:
I have a question and I apologize if this seems like a noobish thing to ask but I don't follow the GT series.

Is there a site or way to check the car list? I drive a Toyota Scion XB and it would really intice me to get into this if I could drive the same car I do in real life.

you car will probably be there...

jett

D-Member
I demand a proper translation goddamnit, altough I don't like the sound that only 170 cars will have "full" damage or whatever.

Angst

RuneFactoryFanboy said:

Yes, there's a a really good site detailing all of GT5's features. But I won't tell you the URL. Google is your friend.

sorry for being rude, but everybody's trying to get some info about GT5 here and you ask about a website listing all cars in GT5? Seriously? :lol

Your car will most likely be in there though, but nobody knows the car list now.

Not showing full damage from the first person would make sense since no manufacturer wants you to experience a car accident in their vehicle from the first person, especially if the engine flies through the dashboard and kills you :lol

S. L.

agaru said:
It's on gtplanet, but still the rough translation it seems:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-game-features-announced/
that's a google tl

the text below the pics on the left trough infoseek:

nws12506063473568327.jpg

The "Gran Turismo 5" top screen of the "gamescom" special version
*pic*
Including a race machine fighting in super GT, I collect the car which amounts to 1,000 in total. I cope with interior decoration and expression of the damage in the premium model
*pic*
The colorization of the icon user interface is going to evolve, too
*pic*
Exciting course many are going to be collected beautifully
*pic*
I introduce the followup about "Gran Turismo 5" in "Gran Turismo・ドットコム". Please expect it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom