• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pax Prime: Xenoblade Chronicles X panel freaturing the Nintendo Treehouse & 8-4 Play!

moolamb

Thanks!

There's quite a few spoilers in there so I suggest not watching if you wanna explore the world yourself.

Effect

Nice. Here's hoping we get some decent information out of this.

Edit: This explains why 8-4 suddenly stopped talking about Xenoblade X when it was clear John and Justin were looking forward to it and enjoying it.

Lumyst

While there wasn't any voicework shown, that was an informative discussion about some of the thinking and iteration that goes into design of props and characters, symbolism, etc. Some characters are dramatically different in appearance compared to initial concepts.
(I liked the first iteration of Celica better :p)

Ridley327

It sounds like John has been working on the voice recordings?

8-4 can do the whole enchilada for a localization if the situation calls for it, especially if they get carte blanche on a project, like they did for Baten Kaitos Origins, Nier and Shadows of the Damned.

8-4 can do the whole enchilada for a localization if the situation calls for it, especially if they get carte blanche on a project, like they did for Baten Kaitos Origins, Nier and Shadows of the Damned.

I can't remember the exact interview, but I want to say Takhahashi mentioned at E3 that he's been contributing to the localization a bit. I could be mistaking it for his involvement in the first game's localization, though.

Porcile

I love that this and Star Fox come out within a few weeks of each other. The Gundam-loving, 1970s anime/sci-fi in me is pretty happy right now. It's a shame Galak-Z isn't coming out for Wii U.

Codeblue

8-4 handling the localization is super exciting. Still find it hilarious that Nintendo credited MarcMacD on twitter.

Ridley327

Are they keeping the japanese voices for battles or those not done yet? I'm hearing it in japanese.

I imagine those are being recorded last, given the sheer volume of lines that they have for the battles (over 11k!). I bet that's what johntv is working on right now.

Ok, hope they do those. It would be weird for battle voices to be japanese and then cutscenes in english.

I can't think of any game that's released like that.

The E3 build had English text and subtitles with Japanese voices while the PAX build has English text and voices during cutscenes with Japanese voices in battles.

Neifirst

I've been on media blackout for awhile but had to watch the first few minutes of that twitch stream - game looks soooooo good.

But surely 8-4 can come up with a better party character name than Doug, right?

Phu

Banned
That was really interesting.

I really enjoy these kinds of panels/talks and wish they'd happen more often.

KingBroly

Banned
8-4 means good dialogue and jokes. happy they're doing the localization.

I doubt they're doing all of it if the game's coming out so soon from the Japanese release. I don't know how the process here was versus the original one.

Codeblue

I doubt they're doing all of it if the game's coming out so soon from the Japanese release. I don't know how the process here was versus the original one.

At the least, they're involved with the VAs. Nier had superb voice acting, so I'm really optimistic.

Top Bottom