• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Likebutter buys a new mobo for his gaming PC (Day 3)

WEGGLES

I can't fathom it taking this long. I'm watching it and just don't know what to say. Bare ass CPU on cardboard as he assaults it with a kleenex and alcohol. What?!

Veldin

This guy has probably made a couple hundred dollars in donations since he started streaming this PC build nonsense. He's definitely spent far more money than he's made in the past week.

He streamed Halo yesterday and said that people were emailing Asus about his stream, so they wouldn't take his busted board back. Poor guy!

Anyway, of all things I don't get how he broke a slot in the motherboard. Even when ripping the card out like he did, should that really break the slot?

WEGGLES

He streamed Halo yesterday and said that people were emailing Asus about his stream, so they wouldn't take his busted board back. Poor guy!

Anyway, of all things I don't get how he broke a slot in the motherboard. Even when ripping the card out like he did, should that really break the slot?

No sympathy. He broke it. Why should they eat his dumb ass cost, ESPECIALLY when he's raking in donations anyhow. Not like he's losing money either.

Foffy

Banned
I built my first computer in under two hours.

At least I know something where I am a 1%er compared to this guy. :p

verdures

He put pressure on one side and did the ol' tilt and yank, at least that's what it looks like... it's a perfectly reasonable thing to have happen if you're an idiot, purposefully or otherwise.

And people say there's no money in performance art.

Motherboards have locking clips to hold the graphics card in, and he didn't open that clip up before pulling it out. I thought he had just broke the clip, but I guess there was damage to the slot too. If he had actually opened that clip then pulling it out like that shouldn't have done any damage and wouldn't require that much force either.

He put pressure on one side and did the ol' tilt and yank, at least that's what it looks like... it's a perfectly reasonable thing to have happen if you're an idiot, purposefully or otherwise.

And people say there's no money in performance art.

Motherboards have locking clips to hold the graphics card in, and he didn't open that clip up before pulling it out. I thought he had just broke the clip, but I guess there was damage to the slot too. If he had actually opened that clip then pulling it out like that shouldn't have done any damage and wouldn't require that much force either.

Yeah, it's certainly feasible if he did it in a really stupid way. Oh, of course he did...
But I think he gets it exchanged from amazon now. Anyway, despite his impossible lack of PC building skills, he seems like a good guy.

Dr.Acula

Banned
vX2S2Jq.png

Gotta wipe down that CPU!

(thanks for the new thread, I felt bad about talking about this side-show in Steam-GAF)

Nimajneb

did he learn from his mistakes? Did he learn ANYTHING since the last time we saw him?

Well, he said that going in blind was stupid, and he would always look at the manual in the future.

I haven't been watching most of the stream, but he does seem slightly more competent today. It's probably because his asshole Skype friend isn't distracting him.

Wait. Guy just said his last mobo actually didn't work when it got there. I'll just assume he says that in hope of getting it RMA'ed despite the video evidence of him ripping it apart.

The salt in this thread is hilarious lol. You guys.

It took God 7 days to construct the earth. 3 days for a pc is about the same relatively speaking.

I cant believe this is still going on.
I was watching Saturday night during the thermal paste on the CPU saga. Some guy from the twitch chat, eternalgamer, called him on teamspeak and started talking him through what to do. It got really boring at that point.

His first stream had over 1k viewers, his second one had 500 and now he's at 150

I don't think it's working

He had a huge front page GAF thread the first time around too. That got locked. Didn't care to see anything else personally.

He's foolish for spending money and making up excuses as to why he couldn't read his manuals to learn where to put everything. Or watch tutorials all over the Internet to look what to do.

The ADD excuse is pure nonsense. I've been diagnoses ADHD since I was 12. You can focus fine on something you are interested in. And that goes for manuals and tutorials. While boring. The thought of screwing up and wasting hundreds of dollars is plenty of motivation for any semi normal human. Perhaps this was gifted money and he could care less. Which is my end guess

M52B28

Banned
I don't really see the big deal about this anymore.

He got the computer together and is just replacing the motherboard because of the PCI slot he unknowingly broke.

I guess this is here to further insult him.

Never thought I'd ever see another topic made about him, or in general. I guess there could be an obsession with watching and wanting people to fail only to insult them when they do.

That's the sole reason as to why I requested for my last thread to be locked. Thought it'd be interesting to observe and try to help him as a "Twitch builds a PC", but it turned into something that I didn't really want.

MUnited83

For you.
I saw on the one topic that he made a few thousand... Assuming none were trolls, that's still a lot of money in one day, as far as I'm concerned. $2500 is not really "play money" to a lot of people, to begin with :x
He didn't make a few thousand. At best, maybe he did around 100$, which is in-line with what he usually gets in the same ammount of time. I guarantee you he didn't make enough money to make up for the part he broke.

Please, someone make a highlights video of this when he finishes the build. I just don't have the patience to go through the whole thing.

hlhbk

Man is putting on a pretty damn good Show to get his Name and face out there.
Working really well for him and I'm sure he'll capitalize on it in the future.

I mean, everyone knows he is faking it,right?

I watched his stream entirely to long over the weekend. I thought it was fake when I started. It's not fake bro.

Iorv3th

Why doesn't he just pay someone 100$ to put it together for him? I mean he spent 2500 already before he broke the motherboard and had to buy a new one.

Dwalls

Neo Member
He's doing it on purpose right?

Holy shit dudes, no he isn't, it's been repeated over and over again by people that have actually watched the streams. If this guy is faking it he's a goddamn wordclass actor and should probably stop streaming and start acting in movies.

I watched his stream entirely to long over the weekend. I thought it was fake when I started. It's not fake bro.

So.....he's a moron?

Even on my first build, I had it up and running in a few hours. And I know I must have looked like a damn fool putting it together.

Calabi

Yeah looks like he's done it now. Though he's still to install windows many potential problems ahead.

Would be interesting to see his temps.

Dwalls

Neo Member
Success guys! It only took him close to 24 hours spread over 3 days but he did it. I'm happy for him, and this build went by really quickly (by his standard) so I feel like he's learned a lot over the past few days.

Top Bottom