• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Likebutter buys a new mobo for his gaming PC (Day 3)

incredulous.gif

Dwalls

Neo Member
He actually got it to post and display. He simply fucked up his first PCI-E slot, so I have full faith in him actually completing the build today.

LogicStep

First pc i built i didn't know what I was doing. I just plugged things where they would fit. Was up and running in a few hours. :/

Dwalls

Neo Member
He really isn't fishing for donations guys. He was honestly that inept his first build, and the second day of building was a lot more successful but his motherboard was broken (he probably broke it). Also despite what people think he really didn't make that much in donations.

I watched part of the last stream and he talked about how he has ADD and finds it very hard to focus and follow manuals and just wanted to do it with the stream. Seems like an honest and nice guy. I don't think he's trolling or fishing for donations.

I mean he's probably happy about the money, but he doesn't even run ads

Chat is really boring now that it's being modded. "Give him a break everyone needs 20 hours to build their first PC... haters..."

Klyka

Banned
Man is putting on a pretty damn good Show to get his Name and face out there.
Working really well for him and I'm sure he'll capitalize on it in the future.

I mean, everyone knows he is faking it,right?

Dwalls

Neo Member
Wait, did he make money off donations or not? Some guy was raging through the last thread that he didn't really make much if any money from this, while other people were stating it as fact.

Either way, I feel for him if he has ADD but he and his friends came off as pricks on the first night.

He made some money but I doubt it was much more than he normally makes off of donations.

Dragon

Banned
The first time I built my own PC I mounted the CPU wrong and bent the pins. It took me hours upon hours to unbend those pins with tweezers. Other than that it was great!

Man is putting on a pretty damn good Show to get his Name and face out there.
Working really well for him and I'm sure he'll capitalize on it in the future.

I mean, everyone knows he is faking it,right?

His first stream had over 1k viewers, his second one had 500 and now he's at 150

I don't think it's working

Knurek

I remember putting the 12V CPU cable the wrong way and trying to figure out why the computer wasn't waking up the first time I built my system.

I have no idea why I haven't fried the mobo then...

keezy

What video is that GIF from? This is incredible.

Edit: My bad. Its towards the end of that saved stream. 12:39:00.

Nimajneb

I remember putting the 12V CPU cable the wrong way and trying to figure out why the computer wasn't waking up the first time I built my system.

I have no idea why I haven't fried the mobo then...

How? Isn't that impossible do to the shape of the connector?

daveo42

Banned
Glad he's got the money to buy another board.

Reason for new motherboard:

i74JdU8.gif

That really sucks, but LOL. Come on dude.

His first stream had over 1k viewers, his second one had 500 and now he's at 150

I don't think it's working

He should have just finished it while he was ahead. Now it just seems like adverts for all these PC components instead of a dude putting together a PC.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Must be nice to have so much disposable income/little responsibility that you can just afford to piss away expensive PC parts because you're just too goddamn stubborn to look at a manual

Sanctuary

He actually got it to post and display. He simply fucked up his first PCI-E slot, so I have full faith in him actually completing the build today.

I've never done that myself, so I have no idea; but does breaking one PCI-E slot somehow prevent the others from working? That board had at least two more didn't it?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
He made some money but I doubt it was much more than he normally makes off of donations.

I saw on the one topic that he made a few thousand... Assuming none were trolls, that's still a lot of money in one day, as far as I'm concerned. $2500 is not really "play money" to a lot of people, to begin with :x

Clydefrog

What's the fail of that gif? It looks like he is just pulling a GPU card out (albeit with the power cords still plugged into it)

First pc i built i didn't know what I was doing. I just plugged things where they would fit. Was up and running in a few hours. :/

This... I was 10 when I built my first PC, and that was back when you had to manually adjust jumpers on the motherboard itself and all I had to guide me was a very engrish motherboard manual.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I don't get it. Why doesn't this dude just pay some local PC shop to assemble the PC for him? We have such shops here. Paid the guy $5 equivalent, and it was all ready. Does he even have all the parts bought though?

sirap

It's impossible to be that dumb. I built my own PC before there was youtube and motherboards manufacturers labeled their pins. It's not that hard :/

Dwalls

Neo Member
I saw on the one topic that he made a few thousand... Assuming none were trolls, that's still a lot of money in one day, as far as I'm concerned. $2500 is not really "play money" to a lot of people, to begin with :x

Having seen all 3 of his streams he most definitely did not make a few thousand. At best it's a hundred and change. Which isn't bad but probably isn't worth fucking up a 400$ mobo for, and it's taken him like 16 hours+ to make that, so you'd probably make more money working a minimum wage job at McD's.

Syf

Banned
I don't get it. Why doesn't this dude just pay some local PC shop to assemble the PC for him? We have such shops here. Paid the guy $5 equivalent, and it was all ready. Does he even have all the parts bought though?
Because attention seeking.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Having seen all 3 of his streams he most definitely did not make a few thousand. At best it's a hundred and change. Which isn't bad but probably isn't worth fucking up a 400$ mobo for, and it's taken him like 16 hours+ to make that, so you'd probably make more money working a minimum wage job at McD's.

http://i.imgur.com/LoKQqT3.png was the pic I was thinking of, and looks like it's outdated too. Not sure what yhe time frame is, but it's quite a bit! I guess this particular stream didn't make him a lot though.

Dwalls

Neo Member
http://i.imgur.com/LoKQqT3.png was the pic I was thinking of, and looks like it's outdated too. Not sure what yhe time frame is, but it's quite a bit! I guess this particular stream didn't make him a lot though.

Those donations are from before this terrible saga of failure. I do agree that it's a lot of money but I guess some people with a lot of disposable income really like his streams?

It's impossible to be that dumb. I built my own PC before there was youtube and motherboards manufacturers labeled their pins. It's not that hard :/

He didn't read the manuals. He just flipped through them when people told him to look it up in the manual. If he didn't find the picture, he would just ask chat for 30 minutes.

Rinse repeat for 3 days.

Steel

Banned
Hasn't the guy already made thousands of dollars in donations for his stream? I mean, I can't feel bad. I'd pretty much guess he's doing it on purpose.

Top Bottom