• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Palmer_v1

This is where I steal top post of a new page to advertise for my game instead. Suck it potter.

Here's my favorite Werewolf related gif.

tumblr_nkwbn6WUpl1qc8jh0o9_500.gif

Edit: Oh it started for real. No more shitposting from me. Good luck everyone!

SalvaPot

Game Start!
Cold.

The floor was cold.

amanecer-primera-sardinero-1-enero-2014.jpg

Harry felt a slight breeze flowing between his messy hair. He opened his eyes and before him all he could see was shadows of unknown form. For a moment his heart skipped a beat, but quickly realized his glasses where not on his eyes, but right next to him. He quickly put them on and the world got cleaner. And brighter.

"Where am I...?" Harry thought to himself. The place looked unfamiliar to him, as he was in the middle of an empty field, only dirt and pebbles as far as the eye could see.

His mind wandered to Ron and Hermione. Where could they be now? When did they got separated? What if they got captured? With every question his chest grew heavier and heavier, until it got too unbearable to even think about it anymore. With a jump and his wand in hand, Harry decided he would not stay put and go look for them.

They have to be somewhere. They have to be safe. He would keep on going forward and defend what he believed in. The faded blue hue of the horizon was turning brighter by the second and, soon enough, it a gave way to a brand new color.

It was the morning light.
You have 98 hours to chat and decide who you want to send through the veil, that is lynch. Remember that all you have to do to vote is use the command VOTE:pLAYERNAME. Also if we get a majority on the votes the day ends immediately. If you don´t want to lynch anyone, you can just vote VOTE: No Lynch. Vote wisely!

Votes required to reach majority: 15.

Day 1 begins

Burbeting

Banned
Morning for everyone in this game, I’m waiting for an interesting game, 28 players with tons and tons of different roles is bound to create chaos to some extenct. I’m especially looking foward to playing with Crab. And with Blarg too, I have to admit I had lot of fun playing with you in NX.

But… I’m sorry for everyone who hates role claiming, I myself am usually agaist roleclaims early in the game, unless necessary. But this one time, I have to make an exception. Yes, I’m going to roleclaim in my very first legitimate post in this game. But please bear with me on this.

As you see, my role in this game is Severus Snape, the potions master of Hogwarts. At first, my reaction was this:

”I get to brew some awesome potions? Maybe switching role by brewing polyjuice potion? Awesome!”

But reality was much bleaker than what my first expectations were. The thing is, for some ungodly reason, Salva and Nin both decided to completely disregard Snape’s role as the potions master… and just looked at the part, where almost everyone in Potterverse suspects that he is the bad guy. So yeah… my role is The Miller, a Hogwarts aligned role, but if I’m investigated, I will show up as a Death Eater.

This was my new reaction:

Life_isn't_fair.gif

So yeah… I decided to immediately come foward with my role for several reasons. Most importabtly, the Miller role is something, that should claim early on, so that we can evade severe confusion later on in the game. In the worst case scenario an investigative role would have searched me, seen me as a Scum, and then come foward with the results, which would then lead to my lynch, and NK of the investigator, aka the death of two Town-aligned roles. I wanted to evade this outcome no matter what, especially with 28 players and seemingly lot of chaos incoming.

Now obviously, The Miller’s role is something that would be something a scum might want to claim, since it would give them an alibi for why the investigative roles get Scum results from them. So, I won’t judge you if you are suspicious about my claim, but let me say this: My role name is Severus Snape, a character who is a good guy in the Harry Potter series, although, as I noted earlier, was suspected of being a bad guy multiple times. He also has a pretty big role in the series, so it is pretty much given that there is a role called ”Severus Snape” in this game. So, if I was lying about my role, it would most likely also mean I would be lying about being Snape, and that there was another Snape most likely in the game. This would also mean that my Cover would be blown at some point, which would make this role claim really stupid for me to do.

Someone could say that the Severus Snape’s name might be a fake role given for Scums to use by Salva and Nin. And well, this is something I can’t really fight against, other than saying again: Snape has a pretty big role in the series, which makes it less likely that he would be only a fake rolename.

But TL;DR about all of above is this: I am Severus Snape, the Miller, and I decided to claim immediately, because it might lead into the unnecessary chaos, if I did not. But I am Hogwarts aligned, and if you ask if I will always work for the Town in this game, I will answer:

So yeah… I’m hoping for a good game!

Gorlak

Banned
Now this is my first proper main season day 1. Can we please walk the thought of not lynching anybody? I'm entirely open-minded to any position. Throwing out random votes will achieve what exactly? I don't want to throw somebody out of this game because of previous behaviour, meta gaming is no fun.
In my heavy mafia research it was said that most online games tend to a no lynch on day 1 because of the lack of real information. Gafia history has shown we have found a way to surely lynch a doctor day 1 almost everytime :eek: The pure lack of any evidence leads me to my position right now.

Kawl_USC

I was very close to saying I suspected a Snape role would be included as an obvious miller in the preparty. I'll say I'll accept your claim for the moment but you are on watch buddy.

It is your first day in Pointy Robe Scholars and a town is nearby. There are people to learn and to love. But who is magic and who is not?
NOTE: Type "help" for commands list.

>> help

This computer game is magic

>> char

CHAR STATS
(average) || Fire Game | Water Game | Wind Game | Earth Game

Openness (58.75%) || 51% | 53% | 72% | 59%
Adventurousness (44.50%) || 30% | 40% | 62% | 46%
Artistic Interests (0.50%) || 0% | 1% | 1% | 0%
Emotionality (38.50%) || 56% | 45% | 21% | 32%
Imagination (65%) || 57% | 64% | 76% | 63%
Intellect (54.25%) || 46% | 49% | 68% | 54%
Authority-challenging (73.75%) || 65% | 64% | 84% | 82%

Conscientiousness (37.75%) || 30% | 33% | 52% | 36%
Achievement-striving (33.75%) || 28% | 25%| 46% | 36%
Cautiousness (47.75%) || 44% | 41% | 55% | 51%
Dutifulness (7.75%) || 5% | 8% | 10% | 8%
Orderliness (61%) || 75% | 55% | 48% | 66%
Self-discipline (21.75%) || 9% | 19% | 38% | 21%
Self-efficacy (20%) || 16% | 21% | 27% | 16%

Extroversion (14.75%) || 20% | 21% | 10% | 8%
Activity Level (1.75%) || 1% | 2% | 2% | 2%
Assertiveness (31.75%) || 52% | 40% | 20% | 15%
Cheerfulness (18.50%) || 27% | 27% | 9% | 11%
Excitement-seeking (23.75%) || 33% | 33% | 14% | 15%
Outgoing (3.25%) || 3% | 5% | 3% | 2%
Gregariousness (4.75%) || 6% | 7% | 3% | 3%

Agreeableness (10.75%) || 12% | 14% | 8% | 9%
Altruism (2.50%) || 2% | 3% | 3% | 2%
Cooperation (16.75%) || 10% | 16% | 22% | 19%
Modesty (2.25%) || 2% | 3% | 2% | 2%
Uncompromising (6.75%) || 5% | 7% | 7% | 8%
Sympathy (15%) || 20% | 16% | 13% | 11%
Trust (4.50%) || 1% | 4% | 7% | 6%

Emotional Range (71.75%) || 82% | 70% | 57% | 78%
Fiery (68.75%) || 85% | 73% | 47% | 70%
Prone to Worry (70%) || 82% | 70% | 53% | 75%
Melancholy (55.50%) || 69% | 55% | 42% | 56%
Immoderation (74%) || 78% | 77% | 65% | 76%
Self-consciousness (53%) || 63% | 52% | 35% | 62%
Susceptible to Stress (79%) || 86% | 76% | 69% | 85%

Needs
Challenge (39.25%) || 71% | 35% | 19% | 32%
Closeness (27.50%) || 40% | 37% | 13% | 20%
Curiosity (43.75%) || 46% | 45% | 34% | 50%
Excitement (15%) || 21% | 24% | 5% | 10%
Harmony (22.50%) || 34% | 29% | 10% | 17%
Ideal (64%) || 69% | 68% | 53% | 66%
Liberty (16.50%) || 25% | 25% | 6% | 10%
Love (8.25%) || 14% | 11% | 3% | 5%
Practicality (12%) || 18% | 15% | 5% | 10%
Self-expression (0.50%) || 0% | 2% | 0% | 0%
Stability (25%) || 35% | 34% | 11% | 20%
Structure (14.75%) || 18% | 22% | 5% | 14%

Values
Conservation (25.75%) || 14% | 21% | 35% | 33%
Openness to change (63%) || 62% | 70% | 58% | 62%
Hedonism (35%) || 22% | 42% | 39% | 37%
Self-enhancement (68.75%) || 62% | 66% | 70% | 77%
Self-transcendence (36.75%) || 61% | 3% | 26% | 23%

>> There's always time for dating simulacrums

I don't understand that.

Kawl_USC

Now this is my first proper main season day 1. Can we please walk the thought of not lynching anybody? I'm entirely open-minded to any position. Throwing out random votes will achieve what exactly? I don't want to throw somebody out of this game because of previous behaviour, meta gaming is no fun.
In my heavy mafia research it was said that most online games tend to a no lynch on day 1 because of the lack of real information. Gafia history has shown we have found a way to surely lynch a doctor day 1 almost everytime :eek: The pure lack of any evidence leads me to my position right now.

As someone who has not played in any games on gaf, I think the logic goes that even if votes are somewhat random on the first day, analyzing who bandwagons who and who defends who can give some useful information on what would otherwise be a pointless 4 (real time) days. If we were going to no lynch, I see little point in doing day start versus night start. In my opinion at least.

Kalor

I am in support for a lynch today and the reason for this is because tonight Mafia will kill someone who will give us little information from their death, likely someone who will be quiet. If we lynch someone today then we have voting patterns for who votes for who and get more conversation out of everyone.

Burbeting's role claim sounds believeable for now. No real need to question it.

Also while I guess there was little doubt, Salva's opening post seems to confirm that we have Harry, Ron and Hermione as why would Harry be searching for them if they aren't actually in the game. Of course this is all flavour so we shouldn't use it as evidence.

It is your first day in Pointy Robe Scholars and a town is nearby. There are people to learn and to love. But who is magic and who is not?
NOTE: Type "help" for commands list.

>> help

This computer game is magic

>> char

CHAR STATS
(average) || Fire Game | Water Game | Wind Game | Earth Game

Openness (58.75%) || 51% | 53% | 72% | 59%
Adventurousness (44.50%) || 30% | 40% | 62% | 46%
Artistic Interests (0.50%) || 0% | 1% | 1% | 0%
Emotionality (38.50%) || 56% | 45% | 21% | 32%
Imagination (65%) || 57% | 64% | 76% | 63%
Intellect (54.25%) || 46% | 49% | 68% | 54%
Authority-challenging (73.75%) || 65% | 64% | 84% | 82%

Conscientiousness (37.75%) || 30% | 33% | 52% | 36%
Achievement-striving (33.75%) || 28% | 25%| 46% | 36%
Cautiousness (47.75%) || 44% | 41% | 55% | 51%
Dutifulness (7.75%) || 5% | 8% | 10% | 8%
Orderliness (61%) || 75% | 55% | 48% | 66%
Self-discipline (21.75%) || 9% | 19% | 38% | 21%
Self-efficacy (20%) || 16% | 21% | 27% | 16%

Extroversion (14.75%) || 20% | 21% | 10% | 8%
Activity Level (1.75%) || 1% | 2% | 2% | 2%
Assertiveness (31.75%) || 52% | 40% | 20% | 15%
Cheerfulness (18.50%) || 27% | 27% | 9% | 11%
Excitement-seeking (23.75%) || 33% | 33% | 14% | 15%
Outgoing (3.25%) || 3% | 5% | 3% | 2%
Gregariousness (4.75%) || 6% | 7% | 3% | 3%

Agreeableness (10.75%) || 12% | 14% | 8% | 9%
Altruism (2.50%) || 2% | 3% | 3% | 2%
Cooperation (16.75%) || 10% | 16% | 22% | 19%
Modesty (2.25%) || 2% | 3% | 2% | 2%
Uncompromising (6.75%) || 5% | 7% | 7% | 8%
Sympathy (15%) || 20% | 16% | 13% | 11%
Trust (4.50%) || 1% | 4% | 7% | 6%

Emotional Range (71.75%) || 82% | 70% | 57% | 78%
Fiery (68.75%) || 85% | 73% | 47% | 70%
Prone to Worry (70%) || 82% | 70% | 53% | 75%
Melancholy (55.50%) || 69% | 55% | 42% | 56%
Immoderation (74%) || 78% | 77% | 65% | 76%
Self-consciousness (53%) || 63% | 52% | 35% | 62%
Susceptible to Stress (79%) || 86% | 76% | 69% | 85%

Needs
Challenge (39.25%) || 71% | 35% | 19% | 32%
Closeness (27.50%) || 40% | 37% | 13% | 20%
Curiosity (43.75%) || 46% | 45% | 34% | 50%
Excitement (15%) || 21% | 24% | 5% | 10%
Harmony (22.50%) || 34% | 29% | 10% | 17%
Ideal (64%) || 69% | 68% | 53% | 66%
Liberty (16.50%) || 25% | 25% | 6% | 10%
Love (8.25%) || 14% | 11% | 3% | 5%
Practicality (12%) || 18% | 15% | 5% | 10%
Self-expression (0.50%) || 0% | 2% | 0% | 0%
Stability (25%) || 35% | 34% | 11% | 20%
Structure (14.75%) || 18% | 22% | 5% | 14%

Values
Conservation (25.75%) || 14% | 21% | 35% | 33%
Openness to change (63%) || 62% | 70% | 58% | 62%
Hedonism (35%) || 22% | 42% | 39% | 37%
Self-enhancement (68.75%) || 62% | 66% | 70% | 77%
Self-transcendence (36.75%) || 61% | 3% | 26% | 23%

>> There's always time for dating simulacrums

I don't understand that.

gonna say this has to do with sorting hats

let's be madrigals together Blargonaut
best of the 5 houses

I am in support for a lynch today and the reason for this is because tonight Mafia will kill someone who will give us little information from their death, likely someone who will be quiet. If we lynch someone today then we have voting patterns for who votes for who and get more conversation out of everyone.

Burbeting's role claim sounds believeable for now. No real need to question it.

Also while I guess there was little doubt, Salva's opening post seems to confirm that we have Harry, Ron and Hermione as why would Harry be searching for them if they aren't actually in the game. Of course this is all flavour so we shouldn't use it as evidence.

I took that opening post to indicate that while we may have a Ron or hermione, we likely do not have a Harry. as you said though it could also be entirely flavor, with salva and Nin "being" the main characters in the flavor text.

Burbeting

Banned
Snape as Miller does work perfectly with the theme and the role.

ButletsjustkillBurbetingearlyagain

I have NK'd every time tho... or do you want to tell us you are part of the Scum crowd who does the NK's :O.

I was very close to saying I suspected a Snape role would be included as an obvious miller in the preparty. I'll say I'll accept your claim for the moment but you are on watch buddy.

That's completely understandable, after all I was pretty suspicious myself in NX mafia when another player claimed Miller, as well.

Swamped

Banned
Normally I'd be all over Blary-boy's posts, but i don't really have the patience for it running in an airport :/ Promise I'll get around to it when i land!

I also think we should consider a no lynch. This is a game that has been advertised as one filled with PRs. It might be prudent to give everyone a chance to do their thing. I doubt we would hit scum on D1 anyway, and it since more likely that we would lynch a Hogwarts PR.

Normally I'd be all over Blary-boy's posts, but i don't really have the patience for it running in an airport :/ Promise I'll get around to it when i land!

I also think we should consider a no lynch. This is a game that has been advertised as one filled with PRs. It might be prudent to give everyone a chance to do their thing. I doubt we would hit scum on D1 anyway, and it since more likely that we would lynch a Hogwarts PR.

you guys are crazy

voting patterns, regardless of the alignments of the accused, ARE amazingly useful. people think it useless, but that's cause no one ever goes back to look at the votes

this is useful on D1 and often d2 because those are in general safer days to vote for scum. you can go into the crowd and not worry too much

Gorlak

Banned
Hm, Burb claiming Miller-Snape is an effective way to avoid D1 lynch, scum won't target him because a Miller always draws suspicion to himself. If he is scum, I don't see the need to provoke a counter roleclaim so early on, especially for someone like Snape.

Does somebody care to analyse Blargs statistic? I'm certain he has some vague hints inside this matrix which lead to his actual role. Something like "he is very emotional -> he must be x"

I agree for the same reasons

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Alright,let's get started.

I think burb's claim is fine for now,but will obviously be subjected to a grain of salt.

Blargs first post is typical blarg,which means that it will either be very important later on in the game or just be mindless filler just to fill the Blargonaut random post quota.

As for lynching today, I have no real preference on lynching/not lynching. No matter what we will get more information tomorrow so Either dicsion is fine.that's not to say that I won't be involved with today's events, we might get lucky and catch a scum,but I don't think that we have to rush to try to get someone lynched. If we take our time and analyze the situations properly we should get through this game just fine, even with the suspected role madness.

Gorlak

Banned
That's a dark dark road to go down.

This is my opinion, blarg loves riddles. I just asked if anyone has the patience to work through his post, because I sure as hell won't touch it. Maybe swamped will find anything, maybe no one will ever look at it again. What's so dark on this road?

Kawl_USC

This is my opinion, blarg loves riddles. I just asked if anyone has the patience to work through his post, because I sure as hell won't touch it. Maybe swamped will find anything, maybe no one will ever look at it again. What's so dark on this road?
When you stare into the abyss, etc etc.

It was mainly in jest.

Burbeting

Banned
I'd say it most likely won't be worth it to go through Blarg's post. There is just too many different personality attributes in there, and Harry Potter series has literally hundreds of characters, so you would need to go through basically hundreds of hours to decode that.

That is, if Blarg even means anything with that post. And personally, I think he does not mean anything with it.

I'm in favour of a lynch. But before we do this dance all day, let's just decide later whether to lynch someone or not.

Snape as a Miller makes sense in the HP universe, but he seems like someone who would have some form of power. I'm not saying he should reveal it (if he is pro-town, that just invites scum to kill him), but it's something to consider.

Alright,let's get started.

I think burb's claim is fine for now,but will obviously be subjected to a grain of salt.

Blargs first post is typical blarg,which means that it will either be very important later on in the game or just be mindless filler just to fill the Blargonaut random post quota.

As for lynching today, I have no real preference on lynching/not lynching. No matter what we will get more information tomorrow so Either dicsion is fine.that's not to say that I won't be involved with today's events, we might get lucky and catch a scum,but I don't think that we have to rush to try to get someone lynched. If we take our time and analyze the situations properly we should get through this game just fine, even with the suspected role madness.

#50%

I'm gonna look through them

Blargonaut is solvable

GLHF

I'd say it most likely won't be worth it to go through Blarg's post. There is just too many different personality attributes in there, and Harry Potter series has literally hundreds of characters, so you would need to go through basically hundreds of hours to decode that.

That is, if Blarg even means anything with that post. And personally, I think he does not mean anything with it.

tpXkPaI.jpg

this is good too

we need to subvert expectations, lynch him instead of leaving him to get nk'ed

Mmm, that last line was made in jest! If Burb is really town and Snape, he might have an additional special ability. Let's not waste our vote on him at this early hour.

I have NK'd every time tho... or do you want to tell us you are part of the Scum crowd who does the NK's :O.

That's completely understandable, after all I was pretty suspicious myself in NX mafia when another player claimed Miller, as well.

I have no reason to doubt you right now, Burb. We aren't supposed to use the flavor as any sort of proof towards truth-telling, but, as I said, it does make perfect sense. Everyone else is convinced that Snape is evil, except for Snape (and Dumbledore). With 28 players, you can be damn sure that lots of major (and minor) Harry Potter characters will show up.

I'm not too sure about SalvaPot's D1 flavor, though-- it seems incongruous to yesterday's McGonagall flavor. Unless there's a parallel story, or something.

D1 lynch is definitely recommended. Of course, it's most worth it when a scum is killed, but even if it's a vanilla townie (or hell, even a town power role), it's still okay. D1 lynch lets us see everyone's argumentative and voting tendencies.

---

Ahahahaa, TheGoddamn your avatar edit is awesome!

Thanks! I hope you take the time to internalize your role this time, hahaha

:D theG! love the potteresque avatar :D

haksdjhaksfiudfsdf im rooting for you so hard <3 glhf mah oberyn *______*

Thank you <3 I added a little something for even more flavor!

I am for a day 1 lynch, it's almost always helpful for future days on Sussing out scum. Though most games have a terrible track record with who they kill day one.

Welcome back, <user>. You have been away for: ~1.75 hour
NOTE: If you haven't already, please input your name with "name: <YourName>".

You wake up under a tree. You didn't know you fell asleep under. The town is more nearby, and you smell sugary baking. Another Pointy Robe Scholar student suddenly appears above your face-

>> name: Smuggle

The face above you is shocked.

Smuggle:
"H-how did you know my name?"

>> What

Your Earth Game increased.

>> That's supposed to be my name

I don't understand that.

>> say to Smuggle: That's supposed to be my name

Proxie:
"That's supposed to be my name"

Hovering above you, Smuggle looks even more puzzled.

Smuggle:
"Um, okay... anyway, we're late for class, er..."

>> help

no

>> Wait is my name Proxie?

yeah

>> then why give me the option to name myself?

I don't understand that.

>> say to Smuggle: Proxie

Proxie:
"Proxie"

Smuggle:
"...Proxie."

Smuggle helps you up from the shady grass.

Smuggle:
"So... ready for first day Alchemy?"

You're a cold-hearted professional, and you don't respond. You head to the Pointy Robes Scholar campus together for Class 1 of the year.

Enker

I took that opening post to indicate that while we may have a Ron or hermione, we likely do not have a Harry. as you said though it could also be entirely flavor, with salva and Nin "being" the main characters in the flavor text.

My personal view is that Salva and Nin are Fred and George Weasley, per the avatar duplication. This would mean that Ron and Hermione are in the game.

That said, I would have thought before the game began that Voldemort would be bulletproof until we killed Harry, who would have some kind of “I live twice” syndrome per the books. (More than one Horcrux would be overkill). After seeing the flavor text, I have no clue.

Might be overthinking it though, but is it logical to have a HP game without Voldemort or Harry?

Will be back on much later tonight.

Burb's claim makes a whole lot of sense from a lore perspective- but that means it's also a particularly easy claim to think up. I'm not willing to buy into it at this point.

The argument for a No Lynch makes some sense due to the supposed nature of this game, but I'm still fully committed to voting for somebody if I think they might be scum (which should go without saying, of course). I'm not entirely willing to pass up a chance to get scum in the hopes of some unknown power role saving us. That being said, I'm also against blindly lynching somebody if there's not really a good argument against them. We'll see how the day goes.

Top Bottom