• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT12| Days of Future Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.
lTJcxZV.gif

WOW

That strawberry syrup tho.

But I can't cosign on the eggs, grits, sides or anything not pancake based. WH has that beat by a mile. As long as you can get past the cigarette butts and low quality service.

Can't go to the hood WH.

#bougieeaters

I actually had an interview at Waffle House a few days ago. Interviewer asked me if I had restaurant experience weirdly. If she read my resume she would know that I don't. I haven't fucked with Waffle House much. Down here they have a reputation for being racist. Last time I applied at one in person there was nothing but old white people in there and they all stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I felt uncomfortable. The person I gave my application to probably threw it away.

Malyse

I actually had an interview at Waffle House a few days ago. Interviewer asked me if I had restaurant experience weirdly. If she read my resume she would know that I don't. I haven't fucked with Waffle House much. Down here they have a reputation for being racist. Last time I applied at one in person there was nothing but old white people in there and they all stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I felt uncomfortable.
Same, save in my case it was me and my field trainer (also black).

Kreed

Should I bring that up in the thread?

You can but just be prepared for GAFers to blow up at you. Even if you had other websites backing you up, some GAFer(s) will show up and post anecdotal evidence (whether true or not true) just to refute the observation.

I'm at a Waffle House right now and there's only two white people working. The rest are black.

Edit: Make that three white people lol.

Yeah most Waffle House's I've been to have plenty of black people working. I blame Jermaine Dupri.

Is it wrong I imagine Rousey going to some multimillion dollar state of the art training facuilty with the best of everything only to do some lite cardio, while Holms trained in the back of a Church's parking lot with cinderblooks and crackheads?

They call Holm "The Preacher's Daughter". So, she probably trained in the back of a church parking lot, not a Church's parking lot. :)

Betrayal does that.

----

I was watching Tangled with my nephew yesterday. That movie has some fucked up emotional abuse.

Yeah, the witch's main song was an ode to passive aggressive manipulation. I had to applaud.

I cant wait until sistas start transitioning from boxing to mma.

Lalia Ali was threatening to come over to MMA. She might just do it now. She just needs to get her ground game tight. The woman was taught by The Greatest, so she should make those cornrowed white girls shake in their boots a little. The only drawback is her age.

D i Z

France is bombing Syria.

Sounds about right. France, the UK, and the US lead the way when it comes to bombing the shit out of places for years. France has been "quietly" bombing the shit out of Libya for months now. Again.
They were not only instrumental in the Islamic state leader being killed on Friday, but also removing the previous problems (Gaddafi') that allowed ISIS to grow there in the first place.

zeemumu

Season of the Force at Disneyland starts tomorrow. I think I'm gonna go take a look after class if my prior plans fall through.

Numb

Happen to catch my first ''concert'' chilling at the library with buds and saw them.
Knew shit was gonna hit the fan after seeing cow skulls all over the place and the main singer literally looking like Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings but with piercings.
It was really loud to say the least being that close in a tight arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom