• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

I'm fine with the rats lynch. forget the fact that his tilt could've screwed us over later, he gave us a rib of votes and opinions to work with, which I should be able to go through soon

TheExodu5

Banned
So Blarg may or may not be cursed. If it was anyone but Blarg, I'd believe it right away. So far, his posts have been easier to understand than those in day 1...so maybe this is an improvement.

What? If he did not claim, why would anyone pick Rats as a block target? Now with his role it's likely we have a scum roleblocker, but he wasn't particularly noticeable before the claim.Why would Rats use his power? Simply take the potion and be done with it. In his position I would have risked it (at least the first night).

@Blarg: Cut the crap. Seriously.

I misread his role description, but still I don't think it was a mistake. To your question, why would anyone chosse anyone as a block target last night? We just don't know how many ways they could block or detect Rats and every night alive that risk grew. Maybe he should have waited a few days to reveal, but he was a threat.

Rynam

Well, kind of glad to see I'm not the only one.

I'm at work and on mobile now so I can't elaborate at the moment but when I get a chance I will talk about the crazy party that happened last night..

At least i had no crazy Party last night. Only someone that found it funny to play a prank on me. You better hope I don't find out who it was or I'm gonna tell it your parents so that you get a Howler the next morning during breakfast.

kingkitty

swamped is dead

long live swamped

Anywho, I can see why Rats wanted to die. But if he was truly afraid of killing a random, he could have just drank the potion. Of course, if he was roleblocked, then another random would die no matter what. This does at least confirm a roleblocker, can't say for sure if there would be a mafia roleblocker, but maybe.

Hard to say what I would've done in his shoes. On one hand, I'm not a huge fan of dying on Day 1. On another hand, I do think this role does more harm than good. Sure, he could have stopped a mafia kill...but it would always follow a random townie kill, who might have a useful town role.

One thing that caught my eye was hyperactivity's late vote for Rats. Seems odd he wouldn't notice that the time was over. Makes my gut rumble, but that might be because I'm hungry.

I'm at work and on mobile now so I can't elaborate at the moment but when I get a chance I will talk about the crazy party that happened last night..

You make me incredibly curious!!! You're curse doesn't seem to have an affect on your writing though... or does it and I just don't see it??

I won't lose a lot of words about Rats. I am not sure yet if his sacrifies will help us in a larger term. A lot of people voted for him. So in this case it might be easier to take a look at the people who have voted for someone else. My guess is that at least one scum or more would have not voted for Rats to avoid a connection with their teammates. So later I will take a closer look at those and see if we will get somewhere from there.

Also, hey I guessed Lupin right and that he has to drink his potion... I know I thought it will be Blarg and that there will be an interaction with Snape but whooooo cares I was kind of a tiny bit right :p

Burbeting

Banned
Some of my thought about Rats’ lynch:

- Rats definitely wanted to be lynched, even though his role was generally ’not dangerous’, if he is not roleblocked, and he remembers to drink his drink every night.
- However, again: he definitely wanted to be lynched. He even said ”scum could use me”.

Looking at Rats role, I can only assume one thing, and that is that there is a pretty good chance the Scum Team has a roleblocker on their side. Now, we obviously can’t say this for sure, but a scum roleblocker *could* be a counterbalance for this. There is obviously the chance that there is no Scum roleblocker, but it seemed that Rats believed so, and I’m inclined to believe as well?
Does that help us right now? Maybe, maybe not. Archer Mafia had a roleblocker-scum, so it’s not a too big of a guess that other games could have it too. For now though, I guess the possibility is definitely good to keep in mind (and also the possibility that I might be completely wrong with this).
Feel sorry for swamped, the one time you are not a scum in main season game, you end up getting killed the first night.

Well now I’m interested in hearing, now that you have teased us.

swamped is dead

long live swamped

Anywho, I can see why Rats wanted to die. But if he was truly afraid of killing a random, he could have just drank the potion. Of course, if he was roleblocked, then another random would die no matter what. This does at least confirm a roleblocker, can't say for sure if there would be a mafia roleblocker, but maybe.

Hard to say what I would've done in his shoes. On one hand, I'm not a huge fan of dying on Day 1. On another hand, I do think this role does more harm than good. Sure, he could have stopped a mafia kill...but it would always follow a random townie kill, who might have a useful town role.

One thing that caught my eye was hyperactivity's late vote for Rats. Seems odd he wouldn't notice that the time was over. Makes my gut rumble, but that might be because I'm hungry.

your eyes don't catch much, I had the first vote on rats and only unvoted to avoid majority

Burbeting

Banned
I have been acknowledged!

Hello everyone! Do any of you believe in....miracles?

Can you, by some miracle, tell us the list of all scums?

---

So Blarg has most likely been hit by some sort of Jester role (can't really say I wouldn't be super surprised if he was just faking it, but eh, I'll say this is genuine). Jester roles are always tad problematic because they make the game bit more confusing, even though not by much.

kingkitty

your eyes don't catch much, I had the first vote on rats and only unvoted to avoid majority

still interesting why you missed the deadline since you seemed so active just an hour ago, were you busy eating a sandwich?

also, I think what is happening to Blarg (if he isn't just having a laff), is pretty similar to the meme picture power found in Election Mafia. So basically I'm already right on 1 out of 3 of my role predictions.

Kawl_USC

A collection of the more meaningful posts that Swamped made before her untimely demise. Putting this together mostly so I can review them as a whole more easily on mobile won't have thoughts until I look them over.

Post 119
Normally I'd be all over Blary-boy's posts, but i don't really have the patience for it running in an airport :/ Promise I'll get around to it when i land!

I also think we should consider a no lynch. This is a game that has been advertised as one filled with PRs. It might be prudent to give everyone a chance to do their thing. I doubt we would hit scum on D1 anyway, and it since more likely that we would lynch a Hogwarts PR.

Post 223
Maybe it's because I'm not just an ordinary cat, I'm half kneazle! You have a nice avatar too btw, Hufflepuff is often overlooked imo!

To those of you firmly in the no-lynch camp, that's fine, but if you are simply regurgitating logic from previous mafia games then you may have to rethink things. This game is an 8 on the Crab Bastard scale. It's highly likely that most people have good roles (except Burb lol, stuck with the worst one XD).

Of course, this also means that the Death Eaters probably have good roles too...

But what I'm trying to say is, I don't think N1 will be a typical night. I would like to give a chance to all the PRs.

I'm not going to stop anyone from lynching someone, but I don't think I myself will vote to lynch unless I see something very scummy. In my experience however, it's quite difficult to catch scum on D1. I'm kind of curious to know what the new players think of lynch vs no-lynch given this PR heavy set up.

Regarding Burb's claim, I'm ok with it for now. His first post felt pro-Hogwarts, and if he continues with that playstyle then I will definitely feel good about him.

Also, just a general note to all players. Don't ever feel intimidated by so-called 'strong' players! Just remember to think independently and be open to discussions.

Post 248
:') A boy after my own heart...truly makes me happy. I toyed with the idea of doing that again this game, but I think that's what got me lynched D1 in MGS XD

But whatever, yolo, now that I have a better sense of most of the players, I think I can do this again.

WELCOME TO THE D1 CIRCLE OF TRUST
We are Dumbledore's Army. We study Defence against the Dark Arts even in the toughest of times. Our goal is to find and eliminate the Death Eaters, servants of He-Who-Must-Not-Be...No, I'm not scared. We want to destory Lord Voldemort.

More information:

1. You don't have to accept. Just because I trust you doesn't mean you have to trust me.
2. This only lasts for D1. So if I find you scummy on D2, I will vote without hesitation
3. We may have differing views right now, but that's not a bad thing. That's an asset.
4. For those of you with a more conventional mindset, I suppose you could think of this list as a 'Top Town' list...but you'd be missing out.

DA MEMBERS

1. CM
2. Kawl
3. BSP
4. Burb
5. Roy
6. Rynam
7. Gorlak
8. TheExodu5

Come on, let's practice our Patronus spells.

Here is my list of Top Death Eaters so far (this truly will be hilariously bad when we go back to this later lol):

Post 272
So this is yet another gut feeling but so far the way Roy has been interacting with me strikes me as Town Roy.

For similar reasons, I'm feeling good about Exodu5's response to me including him in my list. Felt Hogwarts-like.

Sawneeks says she approves of voting for pressure, so let's just say I'm pressuring her, but not for no reason. My reasoning is a little weak, but eh, this day is slowing down so why not? She says she'll wait for others to speak up first which is fine, but since then loads of people have chimed in. I myself have seen some strange behavior so far (this is apart from Sawneeks), so it just stuck out to me that she herself doesn't have a vote on anyone so far.

There was some strange behaviour at the start of this game as well that i don't think got much attention, so when I'm at a pc I'll talk about that (it's easier to search stuff on a computer). And I'm not talking about Burb and Blarg. We still have like 3 days so no worries.

A side point - i knew KK would get 'annoyed' at me leaving him out of the DA lol. I'm the VP of his fanclub after all! I'm anticipating a similar reaction from another player. This doesn't really have much to do with scum hunting, but it's kind of fun seeing people's reactions!

Post 280
Oh well. That was actually the weird thing i wanted to bring up. Hyper placed a vote, probably RNG, but never pushed Rynam after that even though Rynam had posted (and it was an empty post). I'm not that concerned about Rynam not replying to that vote because it was only 1 from the start of the game.

Rynam, what do you think of being a part of my circle of trust?

Post 438
This game is actually huge. I feel so distant from so many of you :(

I think the question of how I chose my DA members popped up a bit, so I'll address that first.

Wasn't exactly a random choice, but wasn't thoughtfully handpicked either. I tried gathering people who were for a no lynch, but I also have people voting for players in this list too, because I think they are town.

CM - because I like his avatar (yes, I am that shallow). Also, just a gut feeling based on his posts
Kawl - he was the one who suggested making a D1 alliance, but he didn't really respond when I did, so I don't know what to make of that. Also, why was he so nervous to make his own alliance in the first place? Was he scared it would get him lynched? Was he nervous about bringing too much attention to himself? I don't think that's the case, I feel like he is one of the more visible players right now. But I'll keep an eye out.
BSP - I just liked how she really tried to understand Blarg's posts. I feel like scum would have just stayed far away and made some excuse to throw shade at Blarg saying he's a distraction or something.
Burb - If he really is a miller, claiming D1 was the most town thing he could do. Because he claimed, he feels townier than a lot of other players (in my opinion). So far nothing in his posts screams scum. I really do trust him as of now, and I am extremely wary of those who want to lynch him. If you really want to lynch someone, it should be anyone but Burb.
Roy - The way he has replied to my posts just feels like Town Roy. I could be terribly wrong of course, but that's just how I feel right now. I am aware that he has just voted for Blarg, but I think he's doing it to make a point.
Rynam - I wanted to see how a newbie would react to my 'trusting' him openly. I...guess I didn't really get much from him. His reaction felt pretty standard, which is why I'm slightly leaning town on him.
Gorlak - he's being fairly aggressive, but that doesn't mean he's a Death Eater. He started off with a No Lynch vote. Surely he would have known that that would bring him a lot of attention, especially in GAFia where we always lynch someone D1. I don't think that was a Death Eater move
Exodus - Again, wanted to see how a newbie would react, as I am still trying to gauge people's playstyles. I generally felt more positive about his reactions though, definitely leaning town on him.

Hope that answers some questions.

Do explain this if possible. In your opinion, has Burb done anything that suggests he could be lying or giving half-truths about his role? I'm totally not saying he hasn't, I just want to hear more about what you think.

See above. Rynam had posted less than Exodus btw, so why didn't you include him in your question?

---

Regarding lynch vs no lynch, I'm really vacillating right now. No lynch honestly doesn't give us much to work with. Initially I was for a no lynch because I thought that there were loads of PRs and I wanted everyone a chance to do someone useful. I also predicted that N1 would not be an ordinary night. But maybe I'm thinking a little too deeply about these things. It's possible that not every role is super useful. It's also likely that there are ordinary student roles as well.

I'm definitely unvoting Sawneeks. Our thoughts on Burb align so far. Also, her responses to me feel Town-like, although I have never seen Scum-Sawneeks...!

I really want to vote for Flame_AC for pushing against Burb so hard. It feels like Flame is intentionally wanting to shift discussion to Burb. But he has not changed his opinion regarding Burb, which I think scum would do? Crab also voted for Burb (and then unvoted). Thing is, I don't want to punish someone for actually expressing their opinion, especially when there are so many other players who are completely under the radar:

AwesomePossum
TheGoddamn
Rats
Matt

Wait, why isn't Kalor on this list?! He's always under everyone's radar XD But somehow, he has more presence in this game that those players.

I think scum is probably trying to blend in. So if I decide to not No lynch, I'll vote for one of those players.

LoC is also worrying me, he says he believes Burb, but is also pushing others to vote for him.

He also talks about lynching Blarg, who I think is too easy of a target.

Hmm...I actually wanted to vote for Rats, because he hasn't really done anything of note, and I expected him to be more active (in another game he said he was not good at D1's, but even in that game he was more active, and even posted a reads list). Pretty much all he has done is agree with some posts others made. But I think I'll vote for LoC instead.

VOTE: Lord of Castamere

Post 446

Wait whaaaat? I totally missed this, can you find the post?

Ahhh this sounds hilarious, probably something like the memes curse from the Election game lol. Thanks for offering yourself as another bandwagon. This would mean we have Burb, Blarg, No Lynch and you, Rats as possible lynch targets. This should give us enough information in terms of voting patterns. Maybe. I highly doubt you are a tanner/jester role.

Post 677
The situation has gotten a little too convenient for scum, since both Rats and Burb are the pretty much the only available bandwagons. I'm getting town vibes from both for now though, so I'm still sticking with my vote. I am aware that LoC has replied to my points, but im fairly sure he's not getting lynched today and id still like to keep an eye on him.

Also, not sure why Blarg unvoted LoC, but I'm also not sure why he voted him in the first place lol.

You know, there have been games in which scum had the power to alter PMs >:) what if that's what's going on with Rats?! Lol, no I'm just trying to stir up some trouble. I'm pretty sure Rats is telling the truth with his claim.

Miracle

A collection of the more meaningful posts that Swamped made before her untimely demise. Putting this together mostly so I can review them as a whole more easily on mobile won't have thoughts until I look them over.

Post 119

Post 223

Post 248

Post 272

Post 280

Post 438

Post 446

Post 677

I was just going over those posts as well. I even took some notes on my IPad. :p

I guess my first topic of discussion about this is her vote against LoC. She even kept her vote on LoC after he replied to the vote.

Let's move on from Rats.

Things on the table to discuss:

1. Burb the Miller. He won't be killed by scum so we have to decide whether to lynch him every day.
2. One death last night. Should there have been more? In a game of this length, I'd say yes. Vigilante and neutral killer are possibilities. Rats had a passive killing ability and BP.
3. Swamped. Scum hit an active-but-not-too-active player. Was she onto something with her DA and vote?
4. Votes from last day. Burbeting, no-lynch, and Rats were the main bandwagons. Who switched votes quickly? Who never voted at all?
5. Inactives. There are players with fewer posts than me. Stop hiding please.

Gorlak

Banned
?nly th? b?st

?'m th?nk?ng ab??t ?t

What do you mean? "Only the best" ? Can you give us some information? What are your thoughts on it, do you suspect anyone, what kind of flavor is attached to it... Where does the curse come from, what is it called, how long is it active, are you faking this stuff? And you missed an a in the quoted post.

Kawl_USC

Let's move on from Rats.

1. Burb the Miller. He won't be killed by scum so we have to decide whether to lynch him every day.
2. One death last night. Should there have been more? In a game of this length, I'd say yes. Vigilante and neutral killer are possibilities. Rats had a passive killing ability and BP.
3. Swamped. Scum hit an active-but-not-too-active player. Was she onto something with her DA and vote?
4. Votes from last day. Burbeting, no-lynch, and Rats were the main bandwagons. Who switched votes quickly? Who never voted at all?

I would add Blargs potential curse (honestly, equally as likely he is just switching up his shtick) and whatever Sawneeks has to reveal about last nights actions.

kingkitty

I would add Blargs potential curse (honestly, equally as likely he is just switching up his shtick) and whatever Sawneeks has to reveal about last nights actions.

if the curse is legit, that has to be a mafia power, right? I can't see any pro-town use for it.

TheExodu5

Banned
I thought Swamped had a huge read list...but I can't find it. Maybe I mixed her post up with Sawneeks.

She voted for Sawneeks and LoC over the course of the day. She was suspicious of Kawl. Is there anything to her suspicions? Or is that too convenient for scum? They could easily kill her so we suspect who she was looking at.

Still, probably worth taking a further look at these 3.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to leave Hogwarts for a bit and do some muggle work. >_<

Miracle

Let's move on from Rats.

1. I ain't looking to lynch Burb today. He seems believeable and lynching him now to me is yet another free day for Scum left untouched.
2. Is it possible that those Vigils and NKs got role blocked then?
3. I'm really curious about her vote on LoC. I'm starting to think she was on to something with that.
4. Retroid at the end of the D1 was the only one that voted no lynch. Although he did explain himself a few times why. I have a couple of names already that have seemed to have their votes changed quickly, or rather, votes changed to go along with the bandwagon.
5. Come out...come out wherever you are. :p

Kawl_USC

if the curse is legit, that has to be a mafia power, right? I can't see any pro-town use for it.

Not necessarily. It could be the side effect of an action, possibly even self inflicted. We've already seen that roles can have inherent drawbacks. But I would lean towards it being a mafia role yes. Targeting Blarg with it seems almost nonsensical as scum though. Why make one looney player easier to understand versus having two that are speaking garbage.

Burbeting

Banned
VOTE: TheGoddamn

He has not posted anything in a week, and I think he has also posted least from everyone. Where are you, I want to hear your thoughts!

Also, Goddamn was also in my Blender-list on D1, and I think Blenders are really dangerous, which doubles the reason I want him to talk more.

Kawl_USC

I thought Swamped had a huge read list...but I can't find it. Maybe I mixed her post up with Sawneeks.

She voted for Sawneeks and LoC over the course of the day. She was suspicious of Kawl. Is there anything to her suspicions? Or is that too convenient for scum? They could easily kill her so we suspect who she was looking at.

Still, probably worth taking a further look at these 3.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to leave Hogwarts for a bit and do some muggle work. >_<

Looking over the post I saw the Sawneeks vote as more of an early pressure vote that she backed off of when Sawneeks voiced more opinions (specifically mentions Sawneeks opinion on Blarg as part of the reason for moving her vote).

I suppose you mean the post where she says she isn't sure why I haven't responded to her DA post after I was the one who brought it up in the first place as her being suspicious of me? I didn't respond because I basically saw it as a top town list very early in the game that didn't really merit any response and I had brought up the idea as a joke after seeing how badly it blew up in her face in MGS.

In that same post she also mentions 4 low activity posters who she thought might be blending (one of whom was Rats, so make that 3) as well as expressing a strong desire to vote for Flame for pushing so hard against Burbeting. So not entirely sure why you only mentioned Sawneeks, me, and LoC as those she suspected.

Most of her suspensions seemed to be based on those who wanted to lynch Burbeting, Blarg, or both from her major post of reads.

TheExodu5

Banned
Looking over the post I saw the Sawneeks vote as more of an early pressure vote that she backed off of when Sawneeks voiced more opinions (specifically mentions Sawneeks opinion on Blarg as part of the reason for moving her vote).

I suppose you mean the post where she says she isn't sure why I haven't responded to her DA post after I was the one who brought it up in the first place as her being suspicious of me? I didn't respond because I basically saw it as a top town list very early in the game that didn't really merit any response and I had brought up the idea as a joke after seeing how badly it blew up in her face in MGS.

In that same post she also mentions 4 low activity posters who she thought might be blending (one of whom was Rats, so make that 3) as well as expressing a strong desire to vote for Flame for pushing so hard against Burbeting. So not entirely sure why you only mentioned Sawneeks, me, and LoC as those she suspected.

Most of her suspensions seemed to be based on those who wanted to lynch Burbeting, Blarg, or both from her major post of reads.

Sorry...still at work so I didn't read everything too carefully. Just mentioned Sawneeks and LoC since they had votes against them, and I read through the DA roster analysis which is where your name came up. Nothing accusatory...just listing facts to help the rest of you analyze.

Kawl_USC

Suspicions not suspensions. Spelling is hard.

Also, looking over her first few posts I think scum may have believed she was a PR from the positions she held regarding NL. She starts off saying this game is probably filled nearly to the brim with PRs at an 8, which is an assumption one with a PR is more likely to make. It wasn't until the next real life day or so that she changes positions and says well actually maybe there are some vanilla roles included, so lynching is probably okay. As scum you might see that development as a gut reaction from a power role, who then realizes they've semi revealed and then backs off from that statement later.

I think that would be selling Swamped's abilities a little short, but just something I saw when reviewing her posts as a whole.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't really agree with Swamped's Flame_AC suspicion. I have a hard time believing scum would put themselves in the spotlight to lynch a Miller.

Is definitely take a look at her blend list, though.

Kawl_USC

I don't really agree with Swamped's Flame_AC suspicion. I have a hard time believing scum would put themselves in the spotlight to lynch a Miller.

Is definitely take a look at her blend list, though.

Which was her stated reason for not voting for Flame. She said she expected Scum to switch positions when pressed which Flame very much did not do.

What do you mean? "Only the best" ? Can you give us some information? What are your thoughts on it, do you suspect anyone, what kind of flavor is attached to it... Where does the curse come from, what is it called, how long is it active, are you faking this stuff? And you missed an a in the quoted post.

h?y, ?'m ?nly h?m?n, k

N?w 50ppp P?g? pls

Looking at Swamped's votes for LoC and Sawneeks is too easy. Scum know better than that to remove anyone with a lingering suspicion towards them.

Top Bottom