• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

N? m?r? c?r?m?ny.

VOTE: kingkitty

T4PF0vp.gif

9bMenCm.png

Y?? s?? th?t b???t?f?l s?c?nd s?n?

? d?.

?t m??ns ?t's t?m? f?r m? t? d??.

L?t's k??p th?s sh?rt ?nd sw??t...?'m ?lb?s D?mbl?d?r?, P.?., ?pp?r?ntly. "L?G?R?M?NS: <pl?y?rn?m?>" ?s th? sh?t. ? us?d ?t ?n k?ngk?tty.

Wh?l? ? w?s w??t?ng ?n my ?ff?c?, pl?y?ng th?t g?m? ?f m?n?, th?y ?tt?ck?d. ? g?t h?t w?th ? 'St?p?fy' ?nd ? 'Cr?c??t?s'. D?rty f?cks.

B?t n?t b?f?r? ? unl??sh?d my ?wn p?w?r.

Cr?mpl?d ?n my ?wn f?lth, pr?p?r?d f?r th? ?nd... th?n, my l?ttl? "L?G?R?M?NS", th?t b???t?f?l b?rn?ng b?rd ?f ? sp?ll*, fl?w ?n thr??gh th? w?nd?w ?f my m?nd, ?nd t?ld m? th?t Mr. k?ngk?tty ?s ? D??th ??t?r.

S?, b?f?r? ? F?wk?s ?ff, ?'d l?k? t? t?k? Mr. k?ngk?tty w?th m?.

B? k?nd, ?nd h?lp ?n ?ld m?n f?lf?ll h?s dy?ng w?sh.​

*m?t?ph?r/F?wk?s r?f?r?nc?. L?G?R?M?NS ?s ?nly my f?g?r?t?v? F?wk?s

tl;dr: k?ng?tty ?S ? D??th ??t?r.

?'m ?b?s D?mbl?d?r?, ?l?gnm?nt ?nv?st?g?t?r.

? ?nv?st?g?t?d h?m l?st N?ght. Wh?n th?y Cr?c??t?'d m?, ? w?s t?rt?r?d ?nd r?v??l?d my n?m? t? th?m. Th?y kn?w wh? ? ?m. H?nc?, my d?ys ?r? n?mb?r?d ?s ? ?xp?ct th?m t? k?ll m? t?n?ght, wh?ch ?s why ?'m ch??s?ng t? r?v??l mys?lf n?w, wh?n ? kn?w ? h?v? ? ch?nc? t? k?ll ?ff ?t l??st ?n? ?f th?m b?f?r? ? g?. Y??h, 1 f?r 1, b?by.

Th?t's my f?n?l l?ss?n f?r 2-D?y, ? g??ss. Lynch k?ngk?tty. Pl??s? d? th? h?m?w?rk ?'v? s?t.

Cl?ss d?sm?ss?d...

...b?t th?t d??sn't m??n y??r ?d?c?t??n ?s ?v?r.

Burbeting

Banned
Alright Blarg, I see no reason not to believe you.

Question: You say you are assignment investigator. You mean you won't see if scum has a PR or not? Answer with y or n.

Burbeting

Banned
I'll try to translate it all. I'll wait for Blarg to answer too.

Dumbledore is undoubtly in the game, I think, so if Blarg lies, there would be two dumbledores running around, unless dumbledore is a safe claim.

TheExodu5

Banned
I can't really post the translation on mobile.

He's Dumbledore's. Got hit with stupefy and cruciatus. Kingkitty is a Death Eater.

What on earth is the translation for L?G?R?M?BS

Fake edit: oh it's a command

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Just caught up.

Poor sawmped, the one time she gets to be a townie she gets killed night one. :(

To comment about rats,I completely understand why he would want to be lynched. Sure. If he kept drinking the potion every night he would just be an ordinary townie,but if the scum role blocked home, it would most likely give scum an extra kill. Rats probably just didn't want to take the chance and sacrificed himself for what he thought was the greater good.

I don't have time to poast any major read list at the moment as I'm heading to class,however I do believe that blarg has a curse, kinda like the curses from cathulu. His pots aren't his typical randomness that he normally uses, and has a clear pattern that can hider his pots, whithot making him completely useless when it comes to communication.

As for kingkitty, you got some explaining to do.

Miracle

someone translate pls

Basically, he claims that he is Dumbledore and his role is an investigator. Says that he saw you do something bad and that you are scum.

I'll have to read and translate the rest of what he is saying though. I'm a little cautious to believe him cause I find it rather early for an important position like that to be reveled this early in the game.

Especially if he really is telling the truth but then the death eaters will just go and kill him next night.

kingkitty

I would like Blarg to explain himself.

What's the extent of his power. Is he able to see the role title of the person he's investigating?

Rynam

I can't really post the translation on mobile.

He's Dumbledore's. Got hit with stupefy and cruciatus. Kingkitty is a Death Eater.

What on earth is the translation for L?G?R?M?BS

Fake edit: oh it's a command

Shouldn't the command be LEGILIMENS, like the spell, without an R?

Miracle

I do have a question for Blarg myself when he gets back.

Blarg, if you really are who you say you are, why reveal yourself this early in the game?

Here's the first half.

No more ceremony.

T4PF0vp.gif

9bMenCm.png

You see that beautiful second s?n?

I do.

It means it's time for me to die.

Let's kep this short and sweet...I'm Albus Dumbledore, P.?., Apparently. "L?G?R?M?NS: <playername>" is the sh?t. I used it on kingkitty.

While I was waiting in my office, playing that game of mine, they attacked. I got hit with a 'Stupefy' and a 'Cruciatus'. Dirty f?cks.

But not before I unleashed my own power.

Crumpled in my own filth, prepared for the end... then, my little "L?G?R?M?NS", that beautiful burning bird of a spell*, flew in through the window of my mind, and told me that Mr. kingkitty is a Death Eater.

S?, b?f?r? ? F?wk?s ?ff, ?'d l?k? t? t?k? Mr. k?ngk?tty w?th m?.

B? k?nd, ?nd h?lp ?n ?ld m?n f?lf?ll h?s dy?ng w?sh.​

*m?t?ph?r/F?wk?s r?f?r?nc?. L?G?R?M?NS ?s ?nly my f?g?r?t?v? F?wk?s

tl;dr: k?ng?tty ?S ? D??th ??t?r.

?'m ?b?s D?mbl?d?r?, ?l?gnm?nt ?nv?st?g?t?r.

? ?nv?st?g?t?d h?m l?st N?ght. Wh?n th?y Cr?c??t?'d m?, ? w?s t?rt?r?d ?nd r?v??l?d my n?m? t? th?m. Th?y kn?w wh? ? ?m. H?nc?, my d?ys ?r? n?mb?r?d ?s ? ?xp?ct th?m t? k?ll m? t?n?ght, wh?ch ?s why ?'m ch??s?ng t? r?v??l mys?lf n?w, wh?n ? kn?w ? h?v? ? ch?nc? t? k?ll ?ff ?t l??st ?n? ?f th?m b?f?r? ? g?. Y??h, 1 f?r 1, b?by.

Th?t's my f?n?l l?ss?n f?r 2-D?y, ? g??ss. Lynch k?ngk?tty. Pl??s? d? th? h?m?w?rk ?'v? s?t.

Cl?ss d?sm?ss?d...

...b?t th?t d??sn't m??n y??r ?d?c?t??n ?s ?v?r.

kingkitty

So wait, in Blarg's "role", he is notified when he is investigated?

And at the same time, he can investigate other students? And he gets what, an alignment? a role title?

Burbeting

Banned
No more Ceremony

(pictures)

(translating this later, moving to tl;dr)

tl;dr: Kingkitty is Death Eater

I'm ?b?s Dumbledore, Assignment Investigator

I investigated him first night. When they Cruciated me, I was t?rt?r?d and I revealed my name to them. They know who I am. Hence, my days are numbered, so I expect them to kill me tonight, which is why I'm choosing to reveal myself now, when I know I have a chance to kill off at least one of them before I go. Yeah, 1 for 1 baby.

That's my final lesson for 2-day, I guess. Lynch Kingkitty. Please do the homework I've set.

Class dismissed.

(dunno about those two words)

Rynam

Oh really? So Death Eaters themselves know who Blarg is? I didn't get that far enough in the translation yet lol.

Burb said:

I investigated him last Night. When they Cruciate'd(?) me, I was tortured and revealed my name to them. They know who I am. Hence, my days are numbered ?s ? ?
xpect them to kill me tonight, which is why I'm choosing to reveal myself now, when I know I have a chance to kill off at leat one of them before I go. Yeah, 1 for 1, baby.

Rynam

I investigated him last Night. When they Cruciate'd(?) me, I was tortured and revealed my name to them. They know who I am. Hence, my days are numbered ?s ? ?
xpect them to kill me tonight, which is why I'm choosing to reveal myself now, when I know I have a chance to kill off at leat one of them before I go. Yeah, 1 for 1, baby.

Argh, i wrote the wrong name into the quote, sorry burb.

Burbeting

Banned
Yeah, that one word I was missing was Tortured, I think.

Also, for Blarg, I would want to buy a wovel. Oh, this isn't the wheel of fortune?

So, before I Fawkes off, I'd like to take Mr. kingkitty with me.

Be kind, and help an old man fulfill his dying wish.[/INDENT]

*metaphor/Fawkes reference. L-whatever is only my figurative Fawkes.

tl; dr: kingkitty is a Death Eater

I'm Albus Dumbledore, alignment investigator.

I investigated him last night. When they Cruciated me, I was tortured and revealed my name to them. They know who I am. Hence, my days are numbered as I expect them to kill me tonight, which is why I'm choosing to reveal myself now., when I know I have a chance to kill off at least one of them before I go. Yeah, 1 for 1, baby.

That's my final lesson for today, I guess. Lynch kingkitty. Please do the homework I've set.

Class dismissed...

...b?t th?t d??sn't m??n y??r ?d?c?t??n ?s ?v?r.[/quote]

Miracle

Well...this is an interesting turn of events.

So Death Eators according to Blarg know who he is since they investigated him and Blarg used his command to reveal the identity of said scum investigator. Which he says is KingKitty.

TheExodu5

Banned
He mentions Fawkes. That's the name of Dumbledore's Phoenix.

He says "before I Fawkes off". Is there a chance he comes back to life?

Oops formatting messed up and someone already did the rest. It was faster to type it out than manually replace each vowel haha.

I guess the Death Eaters have a cop role too?

Kawl_USC

Oops formatting messed up and someone already did the rest. It was faster to type it out than manually replace each vowel haha.

It would seem to me that they have a torturer who gets the role name revealed and either bundled within that or a separate role that curses people so they can't use vowels in their posts the next day. If they are separate roles the fact that both targeted Blarg would be an interesting tactic to say the least.

Miracle

So Death Eators have a role that DOESN'T involve killing another target? One role can basically be a spy on a target but can't kill?

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess we wait for kingkitty's rebuttal. For the time being, I see no reason to distrust Blarg. I can't see scum revealing this early and not with such an obvious role.

Burbeting

Banned
Okay so, if Blarg says the truth, the death eaters at least have "Cruciatus", the torturing spell in usage, that makes it's target reveal their name. So there is a Scum investigator in the game. Stupefy might or might not be a mafia spell.

One thing does bother me, why did Blarg get the information that he was investigated, especially with the spellname to boot. I thought people who get investigated won't know about it? One possible explanation is that it's the setback of the scum investigator rule, the people who are investigated are informed about it.

Miracle

Okay so, if Blarg says the truth, the death eaters at least have "Cruciatus", the torturing spell in usage, that makes it's target reveal their name. So there is a Scum investigator in the game. Stupefy might or might not be a mafia spell.

One thing does bother me, why did Blarg get the information that he was investigated, especially with the spellname to boot. I thought people who get investigated won't know about it? One possible explanation is that it's the setback of the scum investigator rule, the people who are investigated are informed about it.

It could also be part of Blarg's command. Since he claims to be an investigator, maybe that command ability also allows him to see if he is being investigated himself?

It would seem to me that they have a torturer who gets the role name revealed and either bundled within that or a separate role that curses people so they can't use vowels in their posts the next day. If they are separate roles the fact that both targeted Blarg would be an interesting tactic to say the least.

The question marks seem to be related to the curse. I think only one scum member targeted Blarg last night.

So Death Eators have a role that DOESN'T involve killing another target? One role can basically be a spy on a target but can't kill?

Yes, a mafia team usually has non-killing roles as well.

We could theoretically have one curser, one roleblocker, and one other (bulletproof, cop-immune).

Miracle

Lot of Mafia games have Scum with power roles other than killing. Most likely this game has them too.

Oh I'm aware of that. I used to play a lot of Town of Salem. :p

I guess I wasn't sure on this game because I assumed all Death Eators do is...well kill.

kingkitty

look, I don't think Blarg is bold mafia making a play here.

I think Blarg is doing the Blarg way of bluffing, hoping he can actually get a big death eater kill, while being only a minor role. I felt he might try his bold bluff on me, since I happen to have said "Voldemort" quite a few times. If he does get a death eater kill, he can attract a night kill by mafia, who end up wasting their vote on someone whose role is worthless.

I'm certain Blarg isn't telling the truth because I'm not a death eater.

vote: Blargonaut

Blarg's death will prove he's bluffing. If he really is Dumbledore (which he isn't), then kill me tomorrow. Although obviously you can also the do the reverse (but don't pls).

I rather not be forced into a role claim.

Kawl_USC

The question marks seem to be related to the curse. I think only one scum member targeted Blarg last night.

Yes, a mafia team usually has non-killing roles as well.

We could theoretically have one curser, one roleblocker, and one other (bulletproof, cop-immune).

I'm leaning towards agreeing, like I said two roles targeting Blarg would be weird. So if we assume this is true, it will at least give PRs a chance to spill the beans before they eat it if they are investigated.

I'm also finding only 1 NK in a game this big to be unlikely. That seems way too heavily slanted in towns favor.

Miracle

I don't like voting to lynch Blarg because even if he is possibly lying, it's a better idea to wait after N2 to see if he is left alive.

Because if Blarg is telling the truth, THERE IS NO WAY the Death Eators can just leave him alive right? I mean, not killing a target that you know is an investigator seems like a quicker way of losing the game for them.

Gorlak

Banned
I tend to believe Blarg.

Kingkitty's logic is broken. Lynching Blarg would be dumb. If Blarg is telling the truth lynching him basically gives scum another free NK and a cop free game. I'd go for kk and if he flips town, we got Blarg the next day.
Blarg as scum has no reason to claim and put himself in the spotlight.

kingkitty

Kitty, do you think Blarg is bluffing about being Dumbledore too?

all I know is he's bluffing about finding me as a death eater, I can't say for sure he's not Dumbledore (unless someone counter claims). Although if he is Dumbledore this bluff even dumber. But this is the only answer I have right now.

Miracle

all I know is he's bluffing about finding me as a death eater, I can't say for sure he's not Dumbledore (unless someone counter claims). Although if he is Dumbledore this bluff even dumber. But this is the only answer I have right now.

Ok then question: Why are you then voting to lynch Blarg? Is it just because he is accusing you of being a Death Eator?

Kawl_USC

I tend to believe Blarg.

Kingkitty's logic is broken. Lynching Blarg would be dumb. If Blarg is telling the truth lynching him basically gives scum another free NK and a cop free game. I'd go for kk and if he flips town, we got Blarg the next day.
Blarg as scum has no reason to claim and put himself in the spotlight.

If it was literally any other player besides Blarg I would have minimal doubt about the claim. Even given that it is Blarg I believe it more than I don't. I agree that lynching king kitty before Blarg is the more sensible order given Blargs claimed role.

Sawneeks with this craziness going on, are you still planning on revealing what went down last night with you? (I have to say this is the second time you've pulled this wait and see shenanigans and I find it just as tiring here as I did in ONUW.)

Gorlak

Banned

Well, if Blarg is bluffing and you're both town, he could fish for reactions. In this case my reaction could be seen as scum willingly jumping at two possible targets which do not hurt them.

Top Bottom