• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Sawneeks

Banned
Well, if this is the case we will find out soon enough (unless there is indeed a way to cure the poison).

Like I said above when it comes to people claiming to be poisoned don't give them a free pass just because of it. If they have done something Scummy investigate that lead and come to your conclusion regardless of what happened to them. If I have done anything anti-town or scummy I would ask that they are pointed out so I can address them myself.

Anyway, I'm going to disappear for a bit as well. I have some errands, muggle work, and a whole Day phase to read over so I'm going to get a head start on it.

Blargonaut:

Pardon me, I am victorious, why has the game not ended, perchance?

Trophy, if you please, good sir.

Indubitably, I present my cutscene, for your closure:

[youtube link] Roll the credits, if you will

Cast, in order of appearance:

Blargonaut is...

Professor Albus Hashtag Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts Scholarshipping

An original character, do not plagiarize, good sirs

The most unpleasant casuals are the dastardly Death Eaters

Many thanks for playing. I shall espy you on our next objective-based adventure!

Cheerio!

btw, ? f?rg?t t? m?nt??n

Th? H?rcr?x?s ?x?st, ?nd th?y'r? ??t th?r? s?m?wh?r?. ?t's ? s?c?nd W?n c?nd?t??n f?r T?wn ?f th?y'r? f??nd ?nd d?str?y?d.

Y'?ll d?n't g?tt? k?ll ?ll th? D??th ??t?rs ?f y?? w?nt; ?f y'?ll c?n k?ll Mr. "V" V?n?m Sn?k? h?ms?lf + h?s H?rcr?x?s, th?t's ? w?n t??.

(?r ?s th?t 'H?rcr?c?s'?)

...?nyw?y,

Th?t's y??r w?rn?ng, s?c?nd ?ss?gnm?nt, d?n't pr?cr?st?n?t?

? d?n't kn?w h?w m?ny th?r? ?r? ??t th?r?, b?t th?y g?tt? g?t r?kt

F?nd th?m, k??p th?m s?cr?t, k??p th?m s?f? f?ck '?m ?p

By the way, chaps, I neglected to mention:

The bloody Horcruxes exist, and they're out there somewhere. It's a second win condition for town if they're found and destroyed.

You don't have to off all the bloody Death Eaters wankers. If you can put Mr. V Venom Snake himself and his Horcruxes in the ground, that'll be ace.

All right? You've been warned, a second assignment, don't go on a bender and put it off.

I don't know how many there are out there, but they have to get "rekt"

Miracle

Translated the first two paragraphs so far. And what the hell!?

By the way, I forgot to mention

The Horcruxes exist, and they're out there somewhere. It's a second Win condition for town if they're found and destroyed.

Retroid

Hello and good morning to all.

Firstly, for my actions in the previous day, I hope you all understand I was not convinced to vote for either targets, and no one else stood out for me. I believed in the No Lynch in that particular scenario, and I stand by my decision. Rats was probably right in not revealing his role as I feel some people might decide it isn't too much of a negative to vote him off, although, after learning his role, I think he should have kept his mouth shut.

Vote: kingkitty

Flame_AC

Hello and good morning to all.

Firstly, for my actions in the previous day, I hope you all understand I was not convinced to vote for either targets, and no one else stood out for me. I believed in the No Lynch in that particular scenario, and I stand by my decision. Rats was probably right in not revealing his role as I feel some people might decide it isn't too much of a negative to vote him off, although, after learning his role, I think he should have kept his mouth shut.

Vote: kingkitty

Any thoughts on the current situation other than just voting for the popular pick? Do you believe Blarg or what? What's your view on Miracle also, considering he has two votes (including mine)?

Flame_AC

Don't rush me :)

I'll take it that means you'll be posting a full reads list with detailed reasoning? ;) We're in a bit of a quiet time while KingKitty tries to figure out a believable cover with his cohort. So it'd be great for you and others to fill the gap a little.

someone translate pls

Th?t ?nst?nt Cr?c??t?s ?ft?r ? ?nv?st?g?t?d y?? c??ldn?t h?v? b??n ? c??nc?d?nc?. Why th?n, why s? s??n ?ft?r?

N?w, ? r??l?z? wh?t th?s m??nt. ?t w?s r?t?l??t?ry. ? spr?ng y??r tr?p c?rd.

?nly ?n? m?n w??ld w?rr?nt s?ch ? p?t?nt d?f?ns? m??s?r? f?r h?ms?lf.

S?ch ? l?st f?r r?v?ng?... y?? f??l ?t t??, d?n't y???

? kn?w wh? y?? r??lly ?r?.

Th?t ?nst?nt Cr?c??t?s ?ft?r ? ?nv?st?g?t?d y?? c??ldn?t h?v? b??n ? c??nc?d?nc?. Why th?n, why s? s??n ?ft?r?

^B?rb?t?ng, y?? m?st tr?nsl?t? th?s f?r m?

kingkitty

I'll take it that means you'll be posting a full reads list with detailed reasoning? ;) We're in a bit of a quiet time while KingKitty tries to figure out a believable cover with his cohort. So it'd be great for you and others to fill the gap a little.

You would vote me out regardless, stop acting weird.

Anyways I'll be back.

kingkitty

blarg all I know is

I'm going to duel you to death with my wand.

Maybe not in this life, maybe in the next. But I will duel you.

Good morning everybody- seem's you've all been busy. My thoughts:

Blargonaut and kingkitty: My initial impression is that I believe Blarg. As for the Horcruxes, if any town role were to know about such a mechanic, I'd imagine it would be Dumbledore. My doubts regarding his claim are as follows: 1) as others have said, I think it might be a little convenient that he knows as much as he does regarding the curses he claims were cast upon him, and 2) if this game is supposed to take place during the Battle of Hogwarts, I'm not sure it makes much sense lore wise for Dumbledore to be running around the school (that being said, I know now to place too much stock into flavor).

Sawneeks: I don't really have much reason to doubt her right now, and there's probably not much to gain from discussing it much. If there's somebody that can save her, then please do so.

Miracle: I'm a little wary to put too much stock into his request for role claims (at least this soon). Yeah, fishing for role claims a scummy thing to do, but this wasn't subtle at all, and I have trouble believing a scum player would put themselves so easily here. Still, it's definitely with keeping in mind (Zipped did sort of role claim ordinary yesterday, so in combination it could be pretty suspicious).

Instant Cruciatus after I investigated you couldn't have been coincidence. Why then, why so soon after?

Now I realize what this meant. It was retaliatory. I sprang your trap card.

Only one man would warrant such a potent defense measure for himself.

Such a lust for revenge... you feel it too, don't you?

I know who you really are.

blarg all I know is

I'm going to duel you to death with my wand.

Maybe not in this life, maybe in the next. But I will duel you.

MyQKXnm.gif

Instant Cruciatus after I investigated you couldn't have been coincidence. Why then, why so soon after?

Now I realize what this meant. It was retaliatory. I sprang your trap card.

Only one man would warrant such a potent defense measure for himself.

Such a lust for revenge... you feel it too, don't you?

I know who you really are.

Y??'R? N?T M?LL?R :(

ty, LP!

?xc?ll?nt d?c?ph?r?ng

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Alright, I 'm back. Would have posted sooner if I didn't immediately start playing battlefront the second I got back home.

Woops

Anyway,I see that blarg has announced that there is another victory condition.

I actually believe him. This may be a little meta,but My brothers and I have been talking about Ideas for future mafia games and in those Ideas are alternate win conditions based on the flavor. Because what he describes is close to some of the ideas we've made, I truly believe that blarg is telling the truth.

Miracle

Alright, I 'm back. Would have posted sooner if I didn't immediately start playing battlefront the second I got back home.

Woops

Anyway,I see that blarg has announced that there is another victory condition.

I actually believe him. This may be a little meta,but My brothers and I have been talking about Ideas for future mafia games and in those Ideas are alternate win conditions based on the flavor. Because what he describes is close to some of the ideas we've made, I truly believe that blarg is telling the truth.

Well in that case, can you by any chance describe how the Horcrux would work in your version of a Mafia game? It might give us an idea on what to do if this alternate win condition is also somehow true.

Which would be bizarre if it was true. At the moment I can't think of a way to implement such a condition in a Town vs Mafia type of game.

Flame_AC

Blarg's past 3:

by the way, this GIF of the Card Crasher (?) I've just posted alludes to my absolutely crushing KingKitty's trap card.

It's the meme I pass on to you all.

And yes, I had to explain it.

Memes don't last forever on their own, you know

That GIF is a poignant artistic expression of my contempt for the M?N (man?)

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Well in that case, can you by any chance describe how the Horcrux would work in your version of a Mafia game? It might give us an idea on what to do if this alternate win condition is also somehow true.

Which would be bizarre if it was true. At the moment I can't think of a way to implement such a condition in a Town vs Mafia type of game.

My guess is that all of the Items have been assigned to certain people. When tose people die/get lynched, the horcrux is destroyed. After all of them are destroyed (including killing Harry)we find and Lynch volde, and win the game.

Miracle

My guess is that all of the Items have been assigned to certain people. When tose people die/get lynched, the horcrux is destroyed. After all of them are destroyed (including killing Harry)we find and Lynch volde, and win the game.

That's...so wild and crazy.

So if KK does get lynched and if Blarg is telling the truth, that means KK should also be holding a Horcrux right now?

...unless not all Death Eators hold these Horcruxes? Man that is so freaking Meta lol.

Retroid

Harh!

Don't assume when I am not ready to divulge such details...! Well, quite frankly I haven't a list of my reads as of now, but I'll see to it that I begin working on that this weekend.

As far as why? It is quite clear that Dumbledore has been hit with something, I trust in him, and as such, I will vote out the one he seeks. Kingkitty has also not helped his cause, although I will still listen to him when the time comes that he reveals his role, but will most likely take it with a pinch of salt.

Enker

As noted before, I think killing Harry once has to be done to win this game. Assuming Blarg sp??ks th? tr?th, that is probably the most likely win condition modification. I can’t see there being objects like the Founder’s Objects floating around, that would basically mean that we have to kill all the scum before Voldy to kill him, and that would be a bit unfair.

That said, I believe Blarg as far as KingKitty is concerned as I ventured a guess before about a Scum investigator. Very interesting that he was hit by two spells at once, perhaps his reputation precedes him?

The Jester role, that’s an interesting quirk. Perhaps Fred or George are actually in the game? I don’t see it being Mafia though, being outnumbered in a game like this probably means they have more powerful stuff, and it makes no sense to target the same person twice. I am leaning towards that person being Neutral as well. I can see someone thinking that he posts too much nonsense and trying (in vain) to shut him up.

Vote: KingKitty

(If Blarg is lying, we lynch him tomorrow of course).

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
That's...so wild and crazy.

So if KK does get lynched and if Blarg is telling the truth, that means KK should also be holding a Horcrux right now?

...unless not all Death Eators hold these Horcruxes? Man that is so freaking Meta lol.

Also, there might be a role at night that can destroy the horcrux, without killing the holder.(Harry, Ron, and/ or Hermione possibly?)

Also while looking up info on the horcrux, I noticed that those three that I mentioned made that there goal when dumbledore died. Mabye this win condition is only activated when he dies in this game too? Kinda doubt that last bit though, as that would make the game needlessly complicated. (More then it already is at least.)

SalvaPot

WOOOOSH! an owl has arrived at my hands, it seems to come from a WORTHY player, make a note of it, it might or might not be important.

Goooooooooooood morning everybody. My suite sure is nice.

I believe Blarg halfheartedly here. I think that their are Holcruxes which actually makes sense with the flavour, and it would add for a more interesting dynamic here. The only thing I'm worried about is how in the world did Blarg get alllllllllll of this information in one night? Did one person have snippets of some of this information? Who knows. I feel like someone in the game most certainly did put a spell on Blarg.

This information is most certainly a lot especially for Day 2. It boggles my mind we got this and we need to run with it, but there is a tugging at the back of my head that maybe something isn't right...it makes sense and so I'm conflicted. But I'm gonna go with what he says for the moment because its logical. But then again Blarg is the most logically illogical person in the game of Mafia.
Vote: KingKitty

All WORTHY posts will be posted with this picture:
tumblr_inline_nglpbnvRjW1t67ytl.jpg

Feel free to quote this post if you want me to send him an owl message.

Sawneeks

Banned
btw, ? f?rg?t t? m?nt??n

Th? H?rcr?x?s ?x?st, ?nd th?y'r? ??t th?r? s?m?wh?r?. ?t's ? s?c?nd W?n c?nd?t??n f?r T?wn ?f th?y'r? f??nd ?nd d?str?y?d.

Y'?ll d?n't g?tt? k?ll ?ll th? D??th ??t?rs ?f y?? w?nt; ?f y'?ll c?n k?ll Mr. "V" V?n?m Sn?k? h?ms?lf + h?s H?rcr?x?s, th?t's ? w?n t??.

(?r ?s th?t 'H?rcr?c?s'?)

...?nyw?y,

Th?t's y??r w?rn?ng, s?c?nd ?ss?gnm?nt, d?n't pr?cr?st?n?t?

? d?n't kn?w h?w m?ny th?r? ?r? ??t th?r?, b?t th?y g?tt? g?t r?kt

F?nd th?m, k??p th?m s?cr?t, k??p th?m s?f? f?ck '?m ?p

Where did you get this information by the way? It's not in Rats' or Swamped's Role PM so I'm curious as to where you got it from.

Enker

Also, there might be a role at night that can destroy the horcrux, without killing the holder.(Harry, Ron, and/ or Hermione possibly?)

Also while looking up info on the horcrux, I noticed that those three that I mentioned made that there goal when dumbledore died. Mabye this win condition is only activated when he dies in this game too? Kinda doubt that last bit though, as that would make the game needlessly complicated. (More then it already is at least.)

The Horcrux quest was just your standard Mentor has to die for the Student to begin the final quest literary arc. In my opinion Dumbledore’s death wouldn’t affect our being able to destroy one.

kingkitty

I honestly don't see the conversation changing away from killing me. Most logic seems to be "well it still would be better to kill kingkitty first". And how on earth could I disprove blarg's claim, besides death? The only true way is for me to role claim, and it sucks to do so.

So I'll just claim now, and y'all can make your decision, or hold off, or just kill me regardless.

I'm Harry fucking Potter.
fJIYpmN.jpg

Yeah, this isn't how the story should have ended. Harry Potter doesn't simply get his ass handed on Day 2, but nooo you chucklequacks had to follow the word of Blarg.

So I have a few things I can do.

1) I have a resurrection stone. During the night phase, I can ask salva/nin that I would like to use my stone. Then right before day time starts, I'm told ahead of time who would die. Right from that, I use resurrect: whoever.

Along with this command, I can write up as large of a message as a want. nin/salva would relay this (only one) message to the resurrected (who at this point would not yet be allowed to use the spec thread). This undead person could then send one reply to my message. That's it.

This stone is one time use.

2) Expelliarmus

During night I use this spell to disarm a person's wand spell. I used it on Blarg (I didn't receive any notification that I was successful...which I would receive if so).

Also (and lore correct I guess):

As long as I live, Voldemort cannot be NK'ed. (heh)

If in the unlikely scenario it was just me and Voldemort left, I would automatically win (some amazing duel would occur).

Because of you people, I won't ever be able to hold Ginny in my arms again.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm torn. If he's scum, I did not expect such a flawless role claim.

The question is...how likely is it that there's another Harry Potter in the game? Blarg says the Horcruxes exist, so Harry Potter has to be in, right?

Miracle

I honestly don't see the conversation changing away from killing me. Most logic seems to be "well it still would be better to kill kingkitty first". And how on earth could I disprove blarg's claim, besides death? The only true way is for me to role claim, and it sucks to do so.

So I'll just claim now, and y'all can make your decision, or hold off, or just kill me regardless.

I'm Harry fucking Potter.
fJIYpmN.jpg

Yeah, this isn't how the story should have ended. Harry Potter doesn't simply get his ass handed on Day 2, but nooo you chucklequacks had to follow the word of Blarg.

So I have a few things I can do.

1) I have a resurrection stone. During the night phase, I can ask salva/nin that I would like to use my stone. Then right before day time starts, I'm told ahead of time who would die. Right from that, I use resurrect: whoever.

Along with this command, I can write up as large of a message as a want. nin/salva would relay this (only one) message to the resurrected (who at this point would not yet be allowed to use the spec thread). This undead person could then send one reply to my message. That's it.

This stone is one time use.

2) Expelliarmus

During night I use this spell to disarm a person's wand spell. I used it on Blarg (I didn't receive any notification that I was successful...which I would receive if so).

Also (and lore correct I guess):

As long as I live, Voldemort cannot be NK'ed. (heh)

If in the unlikely scenario it was just me and Voldemort left, I would automatically win (some amazing duel would occur).

Because of you people, I won't ever be able to hold Ginny in my arms again.

I got to hand it to you, that is definitely a fantastic role claim.

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, if Blarg is telling the truth, Harry Potter exists, and they can counter-claim kingkitty's claim. That being said, I don't know if they should...that will certainly put a target on their back.

If Blarg isn't telling the truth, then we're losing a pretty powerful role here.

Enker

That...still doesn't make sense. If that's true then why do only select people have that info? Rats/Swamped didn't so why would Blarg get it?

Lore wise, Dumbledore knew of the Horcruxes and was actively hunting for them. Very few others did - he wanted it that way.

That assumes this is based on lore of course.

Top Bottom