• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Sorian

Banned
Day 2 has ended.

Summary coming shortly!

Six_Hours_Later..._time_card_in_Skill_Crane.png

nin1000

Banned
Death.

The great equalizer. The ultimate destiny. The grand finish.

Death.

He didn't fear death. Death was his partner. His lover. His weapon. It had been several years since he had made "Death" a mere inconvenience. His power was so great, not even great would dare get in his way. Or so he thought.

He wasn't dead. But, somehow, he realized he wasn't alive either. When his own killing curse bounced off that kid so many years ago he lost his body, but not his consciousness. Even if he was not alive, even if he was forced to escape and hide, even if he was humiliated, he smiled. He can't die. His existence proved it.

What remained of Lord Voldemort refused to admit he was lost, lonely and powerless. He survived by possessing small animals and feeding off them, but he needed a willing soul ready to accept his greatness. All he needed was to wait. Just to be patient, and the world will soon, once again, fear his name.

So he waited. And waited. Soon, the one that can find him will appear... As long as he... Yeah, he couldn't die... And then... And then... his loyal servant will appear...

latest

Except no one did.

Kingkitty, Lord Voldemort, was eliminated from the game

“Only I can live forever. “
—Lord Voldemort to Severus Snape.

Welcome to Hogwarts! Now, where to put you?

You are Lord Voldemort, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

You are feared! You are powerful! You are almost dead!

Yes, you lost your power so many years ago when you tried to Kill Harry Potter, so now you have nothing.
If you ever want to regain your power, you need [Redacted], to find you first.
For now, all you can do is vote. But once you have regained your powers, you are going to be unstoppable!

[Redacted]

You are aligned with the Death Eaters, but you are not going to be able to communicate on the secret chat until you have been found by your teammates Once found, your true powers will awaken!

You can't be killed in the night as long as Harry Potter is alive. But you can still be lynched.

Your partners are: [Redacted]

You win when all Hogwarts aligned players have been eliminated.

Night 2 begins

Also, IMPORTANT NOTICE, This time the time limit for players to send the command is ONE HOUR before the time limit, just so we are clear!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
if harry is a werewolf, shouldn't the title say Hairy Potter?

nin1000

Banned
NIGHT 2 HAS FINISHED!

It hurt,when the snake’s fangs sunk into the skin of his neck. Blood spurted out of the wound, and he knew that there was no saving himself.
He couldn’t feel the poison, at first. But then there was the slightest tingling, which grew into a persistent burning sensation which then escalated to a raging inferno, a liquid fire that was coursing through his veins.
But Severus Snape was detached from it all. As the black robes of the death eaters whipped out of sight, Snape’s only thought was that he had failed her. He hadn’t reached the boy in time, and now he would never know what must be done.
And then the boy was there, bending over him, alive, miraculously alive, and snape clutched his robe and pulled him close.
“Look…at…me!” He did , and Snape held those eyes, those dazzlingly bright green eyes of with his own, and these were the last things that Snape saw before the darkness obscured everything, and he took a bit of Lily Evans with him to his death.
screen_shot_2011-11-27_at_7-09-40_pm.png

Burbeting, Severus Snape , has been eliminated

"One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew."
—Harry Potter telling his son Albus Severus Potter about Severus Snape
Welcome to Hogwarts! Now, where to put you?

You are Severus Snape.

A thin man with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose and yellow, uneven teeth. He has shoulder-length, greasy black hair which frame his face in curtains, curling lips and dark, penetrating eyes that resembled tunnels.

Shortly before Lily Evans was murdered by Lord Voldemort, you changed sides and became a member of the Order of the Phoenix and double agent. With tremendous difficulty, you were able to prevent Lord Voldemort from learning the truth about your loyalties.

You are aligned with Hogwarts but show up as Death Eater on investigation. There is one man that knows you are loyal to Hogwarts, so keep an eye out if he needs your help.

Use SPY to receive 3 posts from the Mafia thread
Because of your brilliance at potion-making you can make a potion each night!
Uses BREW to make a one-time-use potion:
- CURE can cure poison victims
- VERITASERUM can allow him to see role and alignment of a targeted player

f.e BREW followed by CURE:pLAYERNAME or VERITASERUM:pLAYERNAME

You can only use ONE command per night. And if you have used BREW, you can choose between CURE and VERITASERUM. Once that is used, you can use BREW again to make a new potion. You can use SPY at any time, but not at the same time of any of the other commands.

You are aligned with Hogwarts, but if investigated will show as Death Eater, except by Dumbledore, who will see you as Hogwarts.

You win when all Death Eater aligned players have been eliminated.

Day 3 begins

Our list of Players:
Players:
01 [m] Retroid - New
02 [m] MagnumBoy20xx - New
03 [m] Kawl_USC - New
04 [m] Rynam - New
05 [m] TheExodu5 - New
06 [f] Swamped
07 [m] Arkos
08 [f] bananaspaceprincess
09 [m] TheWorthyEdge
10 [m] Gorlak
11 [m] Hyperactivity
12 [m] Flame_AC
13 [-] Enker
14 [m] TheAwesomePossum
15 [m] Burbeting
16 [m] Matt Attack
17 [m] Rats Off To Ya
18 [m] Crab
19 [m] kingkitty
20 [m] Blargonaut
21 [m] Kalor
22 [m] TheGoddamn
23 [m] Lord of Castamere
24 [m] Christina Mackenzie
25 [m] Lone_Prodigy
26 [m] roytheone
27 [m] Zippedpinhead was replaced by Miracle
28 [f] Sawneeks

Votes to roach majority: 12.

tur_1448906400.png

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
As a heads-up, I was switched today with another player during the night. Got a PM about it. Not sure if the switcher was town or mafia-aligned.

Holy shit we lost a good role.

Gonna be going through the list of people Burbeting specifically found suspicious, maybe he put some hints in his posts as to what scum was up to

As a heads-up, I was switched today with another player during the night. Got a PM about it. Not sure if the switcher was town or mafia-aligned.

Hmm, that would mean we have a switcher (which annoys me, because switchers are/make thing confusing)

A town switcher could have been trying to protect blargonaut, perhaps get burbeting because burbeting was a topic that was gonna keep coming up.

But on the other hand...

A scum switcher could have easily tried to kill blargonaut using a switch. Why Burbeting died though...- perhaps a roleblocker blocked the killer or the switcher.

I guess we would have to get confirmation from blarg that he got switched, but that makes the most sense for any switcher.

But crab got switched, but burbeting is dead. And there was only one kill.

Which means:
1) Two switchers (ugh the migraine)
2) One scum switcher, roleblock killer, town vig shoots burbeting
3) One town switcher, roleblock town vig, scum kills burbeting
4) One switcher, doctor got lucky, town vig or scum kill burbeting

And then this is all contingent on the idea that crab is telling the truth, but if he got a pm another player should be coming in to corroborate his story (probably blarg.)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit we lost a good role.

Gonna be going through the list of people Burbeting specifically found suspicious, maybe he put some hints in his posts as to what scum was up to

Hmm, that would mean we have a switcher (which annoys me, because switchers are/make thing confusing)

A town switcher could have been trying to protect blargonaut, perhaps get burbeting because burbeting was a topic that was gonna keep coming up.

But on the other hand...

A scum switcher could have easily tried to kill blargonaut using a switch. Why Burbeting died though...- perhaps a roleblocker blocked the killer or the switcher.

A town switcher couldn't have switched Burbeting into a kill as a protection of Blarg because I know I was at least one of the people who got switched (can the other one claim, please?). If nobody else claims switched, then we know it is very likely that Burbeting was the other one and I was targeted with a kill that ended up hitting Burbeting. If somebody else claims switched, then it was probably just a town switcher trying to confuse mafia by mixing people round - although I do question why they weren't on Blarg if that was the case.

I think it is most likely that Burb was a deliberate target. Snape is a pretty integral character in the HP books, so it isn't hard to guess he'd have more useful powers than what he openly claimed. That means there's probably just a town switcher around. However, I'd like the second switched person to claim just to be sure.

Guess everyone's on holiday or something.

Some random thoughts:

-kingkitty was scum but separate from the main scum group, so it'll be difficult to determine scum from voting patterns yesterday. Scum would be slightly more eager to lynch someone who's not scum but at the same time may want to protect any anti-town interests.
-KK's powers were redacted which means we don't know what happened to Blarg. Was his investigation a counter-spell, or was KK the one countering Blarg's investigation? I feel like Blarg probably mentioned this yesterday but it'll be hard to go back and read his posts.
-I had a feeling that Burb was more than a Miller. Another cop power along with Blarg though. Alignment must be pretty significant in this game.
-Crab got switched. If it's scum it may be a switch-kill to bypass doc protection, but why hit Burb instead of Blarg? I think it was town-aligned and was meant to save Blarg.
-Blarg I assume you investigated someone last night.
-I think Sawneeks dies tonight if she wasn't cured? If yes, then you should probably claim now.

Oh yeah about the switcher alignment thing. Never mind.

Of course Crab could be pulling our leg (switch targets don't usually report being switched).

Hopefully today will be a little less boring compared to the first two days. A day where reads actually matter. Not that another scum falling into our lap isn't for the greater good but I'd like to have something to do this day phase.

Read list and vote

Top Scum:

Matt Attack- Extremely inactive, but not inactive enough that I'd say he'll get replaced. Some questionable actions too. Like how persistent he was to get that hammer. I've been getting bad vibes from him since the start and he's done nothing to quell them. I feel like he's our best bet for inactive scum right now.

VOTE: Matt Attack

TheExduos- Slightly inactive. Keeps harping in me every time I do something. Pretty clear reflection play. Likely scum.

Top Town:

Burbeting- Has been a overly active posted and I've seen nothing so far that has arroused suspicion.

Blargonaut- With Voldemort dead he is our only confirmed townie. Go Blarg go.

Top Unknown-

Gorlak-Very active but I'm getting bad vibes. Maybe Netural.

With so little happening the last 2 days several people are coasting through. Myself could be included in that. The problem with that is it makes reads difficult to acquire.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah about the switcher alignment thing. Never mind.

Of course Crab could be pulling our leg (switch targets don't usually report being switched).

The reason I'm telling you is because I want to find out if we have a mafia switcher. If nobody else claims switched, then it was probably Burbeting, which means it was probably a switch-kill by mafia - I can't think why a town switcher would want to protect me or Burbeting when Blarg is around. If Blarg claims switched, I think it could also be a mafia switcher who got foiled, although it is more likely town switcher protecting Blarg, which is useful in itself because it tells us Blarg wasn't targeted despite being Dumbledore. If someone that isn't Blarg claims switched, it is 99.9% likely to be town switcher.

The reason I'm telling you is because I want to find out if we have a mafia switcher. If nobody else claims switched, then it was probably Burbeting, which means it was probably a switch-kill by mafia - I can't think why a town switcher would want to protect me or Burbeting when Blarg is around. If Blarg claims switched, I think it could also be a mafia switcher who got foiled, although it is more likely town switcher protecting Blarg, which is useful in itself because it tells us Blarg wasn't targeted despite being Dumbledore. If someone that isn't Blarg claims switched, it is 99.9% likely to be town switcher.

Gonna assume we have one doctor that protected blarg here

Why would scum switcher switch you and burbeting again??

Flame_AC

What an unfortunate night, now I'll have to figure out someone to go after other than Burb. Also it's interesting that Gorlak got stupified, perhaps he was onto something.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna assume we have one doctor that protected blarg here

Why would scum switcher switch you and burbeting again??

Switch-kill - when you want to kill someone you suspect a doctor is on and you have a mafia switcher, you target your kill at someone random who makes a decent back-up kill if the switch fails, then switch that random person with your real target. Which is why I am almost certain that if nobody else claims switched, there is a mafia switcher.

Switch-kill - when you want to kill someone you suspect a doctor is on and you have a mafia switcher, you target your kill at someone random who makes a decent back-up kill if the switch fails, then switch that random person with your real target. Which is why I am almost certain that if nobody else claims switched, there is a mafia switcher.

And doctor protected and sum suspected doctor was on burbeting WHY??!!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
And doctor protected and sum suspected doctor was on burbeting WHY??!!

I don't know why mafia would think a doctor would be on Burbeting either. I mean, the other possibility is that they tried to kill me because I'm such a good player and they were scared, but then got switched away from me onto Burb (in which case, thanks Mr. Switcher), but I thought it would be egotistical to raise that theory first. ;)

Rynam

I don't know why mafia would think a doctor would be on Burbeting either. I mean, the other possibility is that they tried to kill me because I'm such a good player and they were scared, but then got switched away from me onto Burb (in which case, thanks Mr. Switcher), but I thought it would be egotistical to raise that theory first. ;)

Or there is another Possibility, you tried to kill Blarg and got switched with someone that visited Burb.

Or there is another Possibility, you tried to kill Blarg and got switched with someone that visited Burb.

That's not how switchers work

Switchers work in that if crab was switched with another player, all actions done on crab would switch to another player, and vice versa.

So say crab was switched with some player. A switch kill would work in that the kill would be done on crab, then he would switched so as to kill that player. If that player had a doctor on him, the doctor's effects would be switched to crab.

In this way, you wake up with:

Player A DEAD.

Now the one issue I'm seeing is that if scum have a switcher, why not go after blargonaut, a cop?

What an unfortunate night, now I'll have to figure out someone to go after other than Burb. Also it's interesting that Gorlak got stupified, perhaps he was onto something.

That's assuming stupify is a scum role. Lore wise that was really never used by Death Eaters. They preferred more destructive magic.

Kawl_USC

That's not how switchers work

Switchers work in that if crab was switched with another player, all actions done on crab would switch to another player, and vice versa.

So say crab was switched with some player. A switch kill would work in that the kill would be done on crab, then he would switched so as to kill that player. If that player had a doctor on him, the doctor's effects would be switched to crab.

In this way, you wake up with:

Player A DEAD.

Now the one issue I'm seeing is that if scum have a switcher, why not go after blargonaut, a cop?

Could be afraid of tracker/watcher roles. Burbeting to them is a town sided player who has been active and likely had more to this role besides being miller (a bit of leaning into lore assumption but sue me). He strikes me as some one who may have been a target they thought worth killing but with a lower chance of revealing themselves. Using a switch kill would just be them being thoroughly careful.

Busy with Thanksgiving festivities today but will try to chime in as I see things at the very least.

Sawneeks

Banned
Just as a heads up I will be unable to really check in here today and tomorrow because of Thanksgiving so don't expect too much from me. Hopefully come Saturday / Sunday I will have more time but I really don't know yet,

Sawneeks, are you now poison-free?

No and it looks like Burb ( RIP ) was my only chance to be cured. :(

Burn got lynched? Noooooooooo! The fact he got lynched over Blarg tells me a switcher is in play. However, it could be a case of there being a scum investigator that found out Burb's full powers.

Let's be honest guys. Burb's powers were SO GOOD. That spy function? Being able to see three posts from the scum thread? That could've helped us so much in the long run. We need to check out the reads he's made before.

Something I want to know is whether Sawneeks got cured by Burb or not before he was killed. If not, that's extra unfortunate.

On to Gorlak's stupefication: I figured he was just a very aggressive town and ignored him. Question: are you told the alignment of who stupefied you? Like Lord of Castamete said, stupefying isn't necessarily a Death Eater-only spell. In the books and movies, Hogwarts wizards were always the ones spamming it. It could just be a case of the admins taking liberties though.

Top Scum:

Matt Attack- Extremely inactive, but not inactive enough that I'd say he'll get replaced. Some questionable actions too. Like how persistent he was to get that hammer. I've been getting bad vibes from him since the start and he's done nothing to quell them. I feel like he's our best bet for inactive scum right now.

VOTE: Matt Attack

I really am sorry for posting so infrequently (I know that it's a consistent problem for me). I can't really blame you for suspecting me on that basis. I do want to comment on my behavior in regards to the hammer though, so you all can better understand my mindset there. Initially, I posted that I didn't mind if I had to be the last player to vote for kingkitty either way and I maintained that position for the remainder of the day. As the day's end drew closer, we got to the point where kitty only needed a single vote to be hammered. I had withheld my vote up until that point, not because I wanted the hammer, but because I didn't want to contribute to the day ending any earlier than it needed to (his vote count rose very quickly so I don't think this was an unreasonable concern whatsoever).

Anyways, at that point my vote was available to end the day, and since I believe everybody else posting at that point had already voted for him, I felt a responsibility to end it if they wanted the day over (it didn't help that Salva posted saying that he only had fifty minutes left before he had to go to class). So, I was ready to vote but people were still discussing things, and Burb requested he be given time to put his final post, and all the while to had my own class to get to- I had a time limit of my own. So, I was torn between ending the day early or letting it go on a tiny bit longer. I honestly would have been fine leaving it at that, but then Hyperactivity asked me to back up my words or risk looking kind of scummy, and Flame popped in out of absolutely nowhere to hammer the vote and I unfortunately started to panic (which led to my post-hammer vote).

This probably comes off as really rambly, but I honesty did feel like I was in a weird place with my vote.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
No and it looks like Burb ( RIP ) was my only chance to be cured. :(

Right, so you'll die tomorrow then if there's no other back-up. I assume there isn't because we've had one kill a night so far, and if poison was easily blockable we'd probably continue at one death a night for some time, which seems very unlikely. I'm pretty certain you're innocent now. If you have a role that gave you any information, now would be the time to tell us (given you don't have another time).

If mafia do have a switcher, then tracker/watcher information likely won't be very accurate, which is frustrating. I'm really hoping someone that isn't Blarg comes forward and says they were switched; a town switcher is much more useful.

Top Bottom