• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

Rynam

So let's assume Miracles claim is true and the weaslys switched Blarg and Burb.
While i intended to use my Eye on Blarg he got switched out and I instead spyed on who is visiting Burb, who now is dead.

2Nights, 2Dead people, both who I spyed with my Eye, Both with a single visitor.
Somehow I think I bring bad luck. D:

Miracle

So let's assume Miracles claim is true and the weaslys switched Blarg and Burb.
While i intended to use my Eye on Blarg he got switched out and I instead spyed on who is visiting Burb, who now is dead.

2Nights, 2Dead people, both who I spyed with my Eye, Both with a single visitor.
Somehow I think I bring bad luck. D:

It happens. I remember playing Town of Salem and all the times I was an Investigator and all the nights I investigate on people die.

So annoying. :(

So Miracle is a switcher! Through the way he posted, he's definitely not lying imo. He was legitimately confused until he realized the fine print of his role. Since they couldn't communicate, Fred's command supposedly went through instead of George's. What confuses however is that TheGoddamn did the same action, switching Blarg and Burb. TheGoddamn said he was a completely different Hogwarts character than Fred! Independent of that, Gorlak was stupefied by Hogwarts, neutral, or a Death Eater.

...My brain hurts, and almost everyone's testimonies are conflicting each other. We just need to find the decisive truth that will flip this game upside down.

*looks at Blargonaut impatiently*

0pQLfWV.gif

One thread off the loom
I left unwound, and see how
The ball unravels

0SweiGl.gif

Yeah, I'll give it a few more hours

You're annoying, you know that?

Ok, so Miracle and TheGodamn's claims definitely don't line up, and either lines up with Crab's unless there is another switcher that hasn't claimed/won't claim because he's a scum switcher

Miracle

So Miracle is a switcher! Through the way he posted, he's definitely not lying imo. He was legitimately confused until he realized the fine print of his role. Since they couldn't communicate, Fred's command supposedly went through instead of George's. What confuses however is that TheGoddamn did the same action, switching Blarg and Burb. TheGoddamn said he was a completely different Hogwarts character than Fred! Independent of that, Gorlak was stupefied by Hogwarts, neutral, or a Death Eater.

...My brain hurts, and almost everyone's testimonies are conflicting each other. We just need to find the decisive truth that will flip this game upside down.

*looks at Blargonaut impatiently*

Yeah thats what's weird. Both "The weasleys" and "Sirius" claiming to switch around the exact same people. That would be a hell of a coincidence.

That would be one hell of a "great minds think alike" type of moment lol.

Yes. This is the message I received.
Okay, another question: is TheGoddamn Fred? I'm finding it very hard to believe that Sirius Black of all characters would be a prankster. The prankster is just this flavor's switcher. Fred and George are the only two that come to my mind that fit that description.

I also don't know why TheGoddamn would fake-role claim a Hogwarts role instead of just claiming his actual Hogwarts role... So maybe my question doesn't make any sense.

Miracle

Okay, another question: is TheGoddamn Fred? I'm finding it very hard to believe that Sirius Black of all characters would be a prankster. The prankster is just this flavor's switcher. Fred and George are the only two that come to my mind that fit that description.

I also don't know why TheGoddamn would fake-role claim a Hogwarts role instead of just claiming his actual Hogwarts role... So maybe my question doesn't make any sense.

I can't tell you that. Only Fred can reveal himself. I won't put him at risk for the Death Eaters unless he's in serious danger of being lynched. Even then, I would rather Free reveal himself. I'm not a rat. :p

Boy, do I sure hope there aren't any Override-capable roles in this game

Because those really, really suck, for everyone involved

Anyway, back to patience

I can't tell you that. Only Fred can reveal himself. I won't put him at risk for the Death Eaters unless he's in serious danger of being lynched. Even then, I would rather Free reveal himself. I'm not a rat. :p
Let's just see what TheGoddamn will think about these HIGHLY COINCIDENTAL similarities when he comes back to this thread. :p

Boy, do I sure hope there aren't any Override-capable roles in this game

Because those really, really suck, for everyone involved

Anyway, back to patience
Don't do this to me Blarg. Pls don't. Are you waiting for a specific person to role claim before you give your answers and thoughts? Otherwise, this stalling makes absolutely no sense for such a simple answer.

no, I don't have an Override

I'm just saying that, I super-dislike Day kills and the prospect of being Day-killed, it's my worst in-game fear and I'm feeling particularly vulnerable to it right now, if it exists among us

It's a totally innocent game mechanic-related comment/opinion of mine, okay; despite my phrasing, not everything I say is some Machiavellian soft claim/puzzle, gotta relax

I'm just saying that, I super-dislike Day kills and the prospect of being Day-killed, it's my worst in-game fear and I'm feeling particularly vulnerable to it right now, if it exists among us

It's a totally innocent game mechanic-related comment/opinion of mine, okay; despite my phrasing, not everything I say is some Machiavellian soft claim/puzzle, relax
Oh, I didn't mean it that way. I was fearful because you mentioned it in general. I didn't personally see it as you soft-claiming

Like, I apologize for the intensification of the general ludological situation due to my off-hand comment on Override abilities, totally not my intention there

I mean, sifting through previous pages for scum-tells makes me kinda lose a bit of current context then I make a post based on a whimsy and everyone tends to freak out so I kinda have to heavily tailor these things towards directing the resultant workflow through the most sustainable, beneficial and synergistic channels possible

tl;dr: I'm totally just messing with you

Not stalling though

Compiling, analyzing, etc.

solid, honest work

Sorian

Banned

It's a totally innocent game mechanic-related comment/opinion of mine, okay; despite my phrasing, not everything I say is some Machiavellian soft claim/puzzle, gotta relax

405fe34492a8290b4eae620d59b10b40.400x225x77.gif

Miracle

I like Puzzle Blarg though. :(

You posted a great song I love now.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fFKPL1nq2QQ

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I think TheGoddamn (and Miracle) is telling the truth. The only way I can make sense of the Miracle/Goddamn debacle is they are George and Fred respectively, but Goddamn claimed Sirius so as not to give away that a George player was in the game. The other combinations don't make sense: Miracle mafia/Goddamn town doesn't work because when Goddamn died, we'd then heavily suspect Miracle, which is a 1-1 trade-off with no reason behind it. Miracle town/Goddamn mafia doesn't work because Miracle's story matches Goddamn's too well for Goddamn to be mafia. They could both be mafia switchers, but that's an insanely risky ploy I'm willing to put aside for now.

If they're both telling the truth, and neither switched me, we must have a mafia switcher. Additionally, I think that we have a mafia ninja, because Rynam was on the killed both nights and only saw myself and Goddamn. I am reasonably confident that Goddamn is genuinely Fred, and obviously I know I did not kill Swamped, so that's the only alternative. It would make sense to have a mafia ninja in a game where where we know of two cops and a watcher already, mafia needs at least some sort of defence.

Unless Blargonaut decides to claim unswitched, in which case I won't believe him and will lynch him, I think that everyone is actually telling the truth and is town; which means we've just had a giant fuck-up and several roles have outed unnecessarily, either through softclaims or hard. The mafia switcher is probably finding this hilarious.

...EXCUSE ME, I'm TRYING to instill some mild existential fear in the other players here by increasing the general quality of vocabulary in my sentences via mass synonym and jargon use thus creating a sense of uneasiness due to the displayed dissonance between my normally carefree and fun-filled self and the coldly charismatic yet deeply calculating persona I'm beginning to display in preparation for the deployment of my grand cross-analysis mega-post later today when in reality the latter identity has totally been the real me all along and the revelation of this fact to the majority will finally bring the arc of my character development over the past four games to its supreme climax

So, uh, Mr. Apparently-2-syllable-username-which-I've-been-pronouncing-as-'Sorry-an'-this-whole-time Haiku-ruiner, taking flippant note of my stated weakness for future super-effective use against me in front of my audience is kinda diminishing the lasting psychological impact of my meme that I'm trying to impart on my opponents here, k

:/

pls Nightvale

pls

Okay, I think TheGoddamn (and Miracle) is telling the truth. The only way I can make sense of the Miracle/Goddamn debacle is they are George and Fred respectively, but Goddamn claimed Sirius so as not to give away that a George player was in the game. The other combinations don't make sense: Miracle mafia/Goddamn town doesn't work because when Goddamn died, we'd then heavily suspect Miracle, which is a 1-1 trade-off with no reason behind it. Miracle town/Goddamn mafia doesn't work because Miracle's story matches Goddamn's too well for Goddamn to be mafia. They could both be mafia switchers, but that's an insanely risky ploy I'm willing to put aside for now.

If they're both telling the truth, and neither switched me, we must have a mafia switcher. Additionally, I think that we have a mafia ninja, because Rynam was on the killed both nights and only saw myself and Goddamn. I am reasonably confident that Goddamn is genuinely Fred, and obviously I know I did not kill Swamped, so that's the only alternative. It would make sense to have a mafia ninja in a game where where we know of two cops and a watcher already, mafia needs at least some sort of defence.

Unless Blargonaut decides to claim unswitched, in which case I won't believe him and will lynch him, I think that everyone is actually telling the truth and is town; which means we've just had a giant fuck-up and several roles have outed unnecessarily, either through softclaims or hard. The mafia switcher is probably finding this hilarious.

I'm not willing to believe in three switchers.

That's too much for me.

One of them are lying, and hopefully TheGoddamn will make this into a me vs. you situation. That, or you're the liar here.

I don't even want to think about three switchers.
I don't want to imagine it.
Forget the idea entirely, in fact

roytheone

That's too much for me.

One of them are lying, and hopefully TheGoddamn will make this into a me vs. you situation. That, or you're the liar here.

Well, if miracle is speaking the truth, even though they would both be switchers, they can do only one switch per night between the two of them. That makes it more believable imo.

Miracle

That's too much for me.

Well technically me and Fred are really ONE switcher together. As said before, my command only works if mine was the most recent one, and same applies for Fred. Only ONE of our commands go actually through.

In the case of Night 2, Fred's command went through with Blarg and Burb. While mine didn't go through with Blarg and Gorlak.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

That's too much for me.

Let's walk through the steps.

Firstly, we have reason to believe that Miracle and TheGoddamn are telling the truth. If TheGoddamn was telling the truth, and Miracle was lying, then if TheGoddamn died, it would become clear Miracle was lying, as, in the absence of an openly claimed Fred, Miracle is effectively claiming TheGoddamn is Fred. Miracle has no clear reason to do this. It is a 1-1 trade-off. If TheGoddamn was lying and Miracle was telling the truth, then we have should have a Fred that can counter-claim TheGoddamn. This hasn't happened. Both could be lying, but this is a very risky ploy because if one goes down, they both do, and it would have been much easier and safer to bus.

Secondly, we have reason to believe Rynam is telling the truth. His watches revealed two visits (me to Swamped N1, TheGoddamn to Blargonaut N2) that both people confirmed after he revealed them. It is very unlikely he could guess this, and it is unlikely that I and Goddamn would all be working together on one giant lie because it incriminates myself and Goddamn. Rynam could be a mafia watcher withholding information, but I think this is again unlikely.

Thirdly, if Rynam and TheGoddamn are telling the truth, we have a missing killer. Rynam watched Blargonaut on the night a kill targeted Blargonaut (although both hit Burbeting). However, Rynam only saw TheGoddamn, who, by step one, we can be fairly sure there isn't a killer. This has extra plausibility to me because it explains why Rynam only saw me on Swamped.

So, what theories fit?

Theory A: TheGoddamn and Miracle are both scum, Rynam is town, and I am scum. Discussed this one above.
Theory B: TheGoddamn, Miracle, and Rynam are all scum. I am town. Discussed this one above.
Theory C: TheGoddamn, Miracle, Rynam and I are all town. There is a mafia switcher who was on me and a mafia ninja who was on Blarg. This is the most plausible.
Theory D: The Goddamn, Miracle,and Rynam are town. I am scum, and there is a mafia ninja who was on Blarg. This one is implausible because if mafia have a ninja, why would anyone else ever send the kill command?

Sawneeks

Banned
Maybe it's because I wasn't here to experience it first hand but this whole Blarg thing is pretty amusing. A++ work Headmaster Blargodore.

Anyway, back to ONUW 9: Everyone Claims Switcher. Right now it looks like the main Night shenanigans involved Miracle, Rynam, Crab, and TheG in some way and at least one of these people are huge liars. Right now I am inclined to believe that Crab is Scum and was caught red-handed by Rynam.

Night 1:
Rynam: Watched Swamped ( was notified of being switched )
Crab: Visited Swamped
TheG: Switched Burb and Rynam
Miracle: Switched Rynam and Burb

Night 2:
Rynam: Watches Blarg
TheG: Switches Blarg and Burb
Crab: ( notified of being switched )
Miracle: Switched Burb and Blarg ( original target was Blarg and Gorlak

Blarg: Had a Horcrux stolen from him
Gorlak: Stupified

IF Crab is lying then the Night would look like this:

Night 1: Rynam would still see Crab go to Swamped on Night 1 and he was the only person to visit her the Night she died. ( Lines up with the current claims )

Night 2: Rynam watches Blarg because of a double switch but ONLY sees TheG? ( contradicts Miracle ) Crab also claims of being switched but since no one else has come forward it would be a 'safe' assumption he was switched with Burb. ( Contradicts Rynam, TheG, AND Miracle ).

I wouldn't be surprised if Crab is holding back a 'claim' so he and his scum team can work on it and make it more believable so when it is revealed then people will believe him. It's kind of what KingKitty did yesterday.

However, I also don't really believe TheG either. Miracle and Rynam's claim line up on Night 1 ( Rynam being switched by Miracle ) but TheG's actions on Night 2 lead to some problems. For one, Miracle's and TheG's actions somewhat cancel each other out but it still doesn't make a whole ton of sense. Remember, Miracle does claim that ANOTHER Switcher exists ( and is sort of tied to Miracle ) which could explain how his command to target Gorlak was changed but this does not explain why Rynam ONLY saw TheG. IF Miracle's command went through then Rynam should have seen them BOTH but he did not.

The only possibility here is that TheG is the 'other Switcher' that Miracle mentions but that brings up yet another question: Why on earth would TheG lie about his claim??? Miracle can confirm or deny TheG's identity if he decides to clear up his role but it's still weird.

tl;dr

Vote: Crab

So wait, Sawneeks, do you die tonight or the night after

Because if tonight that's another claim to deal with and maybe make this day even more insane

I die tonight. Or more specifically I die at the end of tonight.

So we have a switcher you say switched you. You and Godammn are against each other, both can't be scum. But You caught the godammn in a lie. But there's a switcher and burb is dead.

I just wanted to point this out and say it is entirely possible Rynam hit the Jackpot and nailed 2 Scum as they went to place a kill. They would be fighting each other so heavily now so when one lynches the other the survivor would be seen as 'pro-town' and get a free ticket to the end game. Don't clear anyone just yet.

Whats is that, three power roles claiming today?

I think that ties Election D2 and NX D1

I can make that five if you want. ;D

im joking

maybe

Gorlak

Banned
L?t's b?g?n. S?rry, th?s ?s g??ng t? b? h?rd t? r??d.

? w?s n?v?r sw?tch?d.

Ryn?m - s?nc? b?th cr?b ?nd Th?G c?nf?rm t? h?v? p?rf?rm?d ?ct??ns ?n th? w?tch?d ?n?s, h? ?s t?ll?ng th? tr?th ?b??t h?s p?w?r.

M?r?cl? - ? b?l??v? h?m, h? ?ct?d l?k? ? n?wb?? s? f?r ?nd m?d? s?m? m?st?k?s. ?n?t??lly ? w?nt ?ft?r h?m b?c??s? ? th??ght h? m?ght b? sc?m ?nd c??ld cr?ck. ?t th? ?nd ?f th? d?y ? th??ght ?t's w?y m?r? l?k?ly h? ?s j?st ? v?ry c?nf?s?d ?nd ?n?xp?r??nc?d t?wn??. H?s sw?tch?r st?ry ?s th? m?st b?l??v?bl?. ?ls? h?s cl??m ?dds ?p w?th:
There is ONE person, that I know for a fact, that is 100%, innocent Towns person. anyone else? I have no idea.

Th?r?f?r? Fr?d & G??rg? ?r? t?wn sw?tch?rs. ?n? b??ng ? d??th ??t?r? N? w?y, fl?v?r r??s?ns ?nd ?ll (h?ll? hyp?r)

There wasn't two switches that happened...there was only ONE! And MINE DIDNT GO THROUGH!

Which means my command was sent first, while my Brother (who now I know is in fact, a switcher too), sent HIS chosen switch targets first!

There was only ONE switch! It was with Burb and Blarg, nothing else.
H?w d? y?? kn?w B?rb ?nd Bl?rg w?r? d?f?n?t?ly sw?tch?d?

Th?s l??ds t?: Th?G?dd?mn ?s b?llsh?tt?ng ?s, ? d??bt th?r? ?r? tw? (br?th?rs c??nt ?s ?n?) t?wn sw?tch?rs. H?s b?h?v???r ?nd w?y ?f d?f?ns? ?s w??rd. D??sn't g?v? m? t?wn v?b?s.

? ?m v?ry c?nc?rn?d ?f cr?b ?s w?ll. L??k:
Actually, this can't be right.

You switched Blarg and Burb. Rynam watched Blarg... which means he watched Burb. Burb died... which means someone targeted a kill at Blarg... which means someone ended up targeting a kill at Burb... which Rynam would have seen. He didn't. He just saw you.

You're lying.

VOTE: TheGoddamn

WTF? l?l. Th? ?x?ct s?m? ?rg?m?nt c?n b? m?d? ?g??nst h?m.

?t w??ld b? ? v?ry b?g c??nc?d?nc? th?t Ryn?m h?pp?n?d t? w?tch sc?m k?ll?ng b?th n?ghts, b?t ?t's ? p?ss?b?l?ty. B?t ?s ? n?nj? m?r? l?k?ly?

?n? ?f cr?b ?nd Th?G ?s ? k?ll?r, m?yb? b?th (s??ms ?nl?k?ly?).

S? f?r Cl??ms:
M?r?cl? - G??rg? W?sl?y, sw?tch?r
Ryn?m - M?d ?y? M??dy, w?tch?r

cr?b - pr
Th?G - S?r??s Bl?ck, sw?tch?r

N1:
M?r?cl? sw?tch?s B?rb ?nd Ryn?m?
Ryn?m w?tch?s sw?mp?d s??s cr?b
Ryn?m cl??ms b??ng sw?tch?d

N2:
M?r?cl? d??sn't sw?tch (br?th?r d??s)
Ryn?m w?tch?s Bl?rg s??s Th?G
cr?b cl??ms b??ng sw?tch?d

@Bl?rg: ?f th?r? ?s ?n ?v?rr?d?, ?t's y??. Y?? ?r? D?mbl?d?r? ?nd c?n ?xp?ll sb. fr?m sch??l. Pl??s? t?ll ?s ?f y?? h?v? b??n sw?tch?d. ?t's h?rd ?n??gh f?r m?, j?st ?ff?r s?m? h?lp pl??s?. ?f y?? h?v?n't Th?G ?s th? th??f ?nd l??s ?b??t sw?tch?ng + m?r?cl? h?s t? ?xpl??n ?s w?ll.

But...I switched you and Burb. Well Zip technically did when he was here. o_0

Well this night you got a message telling you, you switched Blarg and Burb even though you switched Gorlak and Blarg, right? It seems like you only get informed about the result or however you want to call that.

So it is easy to assume that Zip might have also tried to switched someone else but again the 2nd switcher (TheGoddamn??) switched afterwards and Zips original switch didn't get though.

Ask Nin/Salva (in private) who Zip switched with his command. Maybe they are nice enough to answer since if Zip still would be in the game he probably would have come forward with it now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Sawneeks, you've misread Miracle's claim. He's saying his switch didn't go through, only "Fred's", who we can assume is TheGoddamn. If you believe Miracle, you believe TheGoddamn. If you believe TheGoddamn and Rynam, you must think there is a mafia ninja. If there is a mafia ninja, why would any other mafia send in the kill? Tell me where the logic breaks down there.

Miracle

Yo Gorlak you're here!

Gorlak please read my posts after my claim. I unvoted you and made a mistaken assumption about you.

I apologize. :(

Miracle just shot himself in the foot.

Okay, let's cut this Gordian knot, because at this point, only the truth will benefit town in the end. Let's get it all out there (at least on my end) so that in case I die, all my actions will be clear.

I'm Fred Weasley. I can use the command "Prank" to swap out any two people (exactly as how I detailed it here in my Sirius Black roleclaim). Additionally, as I said (and learned) earlier, whenever I do this, if someone watches my either of my targets, they will see me visit either of them. Conversely, we can induce that if a tracker tracks me, they will see me visit both targets.

An added layer of complexity to my role is the existence of my brother, George (yes, George is Miracle, formerly Zippedpinhead). As my exact duplicate, he can do everything that I can do. However, the most recent command will always negate any previous command; this command will be the one to be followed. This is further complicated by our being barred from communicating outside of this thread.

On N1, I didn't use my ability at all, because, as Hyperactivity mentioned, this would be incredibly confusing for town, especially because I had no concrete suspicions at that point. However, on D2 I got a mod PM stating that Rynam and Burb had been pranked, which meant that George had done it, either by Zipped's hand or Miracle's (Miracle later confirmed that it was Zipped who did this.)

When the results of D2 came in, and I saw that Burb had died, that signaled to me that my pranking had succeeded (which was, ah, later confirmed by Salva when I was asking for specifics about how my night actions would be observed). To me, it read that Miracle had read my message, and had not acted on N2 at all.

But it turns out that Miracle just hadn't been paying attention!

I mean, he didn't even understand the intricacies of our dynamic (as this Gorlak confusion shows)! Whoever pranks last is the one whose pranking comes into effect. I issued my command three hours before D1 dawn; obviously, Miracle issued his command earlier.

Here is a D2 post of mine telegraphing (almost riskily clearly, actually) what I would do on N2, with an explicit message to Miracle (all formatting in this quote is in the orginal post):

I also disagree with Blarg's request. Blarg's cursed posts are practically the focal point of today's discussion now that kingkitty has seemingly become a non-issue, and emphasized even more by the ??? translations. Scum are definitely alert and aware. Hinting at your PR now will only put a target on your back.

Now, for some reads:

Burbeting: Our old... celebrity. I wanted to lynch him yesterday to eliminate confusion, but he clearly seems to be town, so lynching would be a wasted effort. His likely role as the Miller makes him the ideal candidate for high-risk tasks, as Blarg said. Tricky town.

Blarg: The delightful bumblebee in the room. Even if he is lying about his curse, he's been much less cryptic, surprisingly, since the posting style switch... I'm disinclined to believe that someone this dedicated would be scum, but perhaps Blarg is relishing his first time being mafia. Still, I feel he's town, as my KK vote attests. Unless this is an elaborate bussing scenario between the two. Gives a new dimension to today's Prophet, too. I'll review this later.

As for the people I'm iffy about:

Miracle. He should stop his antics. I'm getting major overzealous vibes from him. At this point I still feel he's town (though I may be putting too much stock in the paper) and that his GAFfes are from newness and naivete. He reminds me a lot of Septimus from Archer-- ultimately innocent, but clueless to the point of exasperation. Mild town, but acting anti-town with his crypticness.

Lord of Castamere. I have an uneasy feeling about him. Apart from his misunderstanding of Sawneeks's deadline, he seems consistent in these misundestandings:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=186069788 (misunderstanding Rats's power)

Just a hunch, I know. But reading comprehension might be difficult if you have to keep up with two threads. His defensiveness on D1 is typically, but not always, a tell. Leaning scum.

I hid my proposed targets in my reads. My first bolded statement included the word "target", then I included bolded words in my reads of the people that I wanted to switch. My "read" on Miracle (who I knew 100% was town), was telling him to not do anything that night, after he did something the previous night.

This is also why I ultimately chose to swap Blarg with Burbeting. I felt that I had to stick with my code, so that I would be absolutely consistent in my actions should the worst case occur. Switching is (clearly) a confusing mechanic, so I left a trail behind.

Looking at my past posts will also show me trying to get Miracle's attention.

I thought that Miracle would have done what I have done throughout this game-- pay close attention to the posts of his twin. Which he didn't do, and instead roleclaimed without reading anything that I said!

The irony is this:

That's why when Rynam (who I have no reason to believe would be lying, especially given his saying that he had been notified of his being pranked on N1) said that he'd seen me visit Blarg on N2, I roleclaimed to explain. I claimed a solo role so that Miracle would be safe. I claimed Sirius, who, with James Potter, were the last-gen Fred and George.

I had no idea that Miracle would be so inexperienced. He kept mentioning his days playing Town of Salem, so I figured he would understand the importance of communicating in plain sight.

Imagine my surprise, that after all my efforts to protect Miracle, that not only would he have misunderstood my actions, but he roleclaimed without even reading anything I said on D2 at all.

When I roleclaimed as the switcher, I considered telling the whole truth-- that I was Fred, and George existed, but he should unequivocally not reveal himself. But, like Miracle, I didn't want attention drawn to my twin, so I claimed a solo role.

Maybe I should have claimed Fred, and implored George not to reveal. But Miracle's not reading my posts means that even if I had told the truth about being Fred, and outed the existence of George), he would have claimed anyway.

As a final reminder, Miracle, we aren't allowed to paste mod PMs (or anything that happens outside this thread, really) verbatim.

Yes. This is the message I received.

I realize this is an info dump, and I've tried to present it all in the most readable sequence that I can. Please ask me any quesions and please, Miracle, read before you post. Your jumping the gun to roleclaim means that you've been outed too, and that you and I-- two guaranteed town roles (from our perspective)-- are out in the open. We can use this to town's advantage now, though. With so many potential targets, as well as our swapping, we can figure something out. D3 will be interesting, regardless of who gets lynched/NKed.

TLDR: I thought that Miracle was my partner in every way, in addition to our duality. Turns out he wasn't on the ball, but he still can be!

Miracle, publicly apologize and work with me or you can kiss your brother goodbye.

Deathly Hallows spoiler
Fred is dead

---

I have been writing this post for nearly two hours. A few new posts to address:

Crab, Possum, and roy: Yay! Theory C has been one of my possibilities since early today.

Hyperactivity: EIGHT ON THE BASTARD SCALE

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. That essentially confirms Theory C for me. Fuck me, this was a terrible night, we've now got a ton of soft/hard-claims out in the open.

Miracle

Miracle can you confirm?

Yes I can. :)

Also I felt I had to role claim Fred, the discussion was pointed at you or that is the way it seemed. And I felt like people are going around in circles.

I also hate withholding good information. Yes I screwed in even telling it (my poor Gorlak theory and confusion of what my role actually is) but everything else was in fact the truth and thought it would benefit the Town much more so NOW AND IN THE LONG RUN.

So please don't be too mad at me Fred. :(

Sawneeks

Banned
Sawneeks, you've misread Miracle's claim. He's saying his switch didn't go through, only "Fred's", who we can assume is TheGoddamn. If you believe Miracle, you believe TheGoddamn. If you believe TheGoddamn and Rynam, you must think there is a mafia ninja. If there is a mafia ninja, why would any other mafia send in the kill? Tell me where the logic breaks down there.

I'm not ready for another Ninja, not after Danganronpa.

Unvote: Crab

lol it's too late for this. goodnight everyone.

Gorlak

Banned
?k?y, ? b?l??v? Ryn?m, M?r?cl? ?nd Th?G?dd?mn.

Th? l?k?ly p?ss?b?l?ty ?f ? n?nj? d??s n?t fr?? cr?b ?f s?sp?c??n c?mpl?t?ly. ?ll w? kn?w th?r? ?s ? pr?b?bly ? n?nj? ?nd h? m?st h?v? k?ll?d b?rb N2.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Let's begin. Sorry, this is going to be hard.

I was never switched.

Aligns with Miracle and TheGoddamn's account of events.

Rynam - since both Crab and the Goddamn confirm to have performed actions on the watched ones, he's telling the truth about his power.

Miracle - I believe him, he acted like a newbie so far and made some mistakes. Initially I went after him because I thought he might be scum and could crack. At the end of the day I thought it's way more likely he's just very confused and inexperienced town. His switcher story is the most believable. Also his claim adds up with:

Originally Posted by Miracle

There is ONE person, that I know for a fact, that is 100%, innocent Towns person. anyone else? I have no idea.

Therefore Fred and George are town switchers. One being a death eater? No way, flavour reasons and all (hello hyper).

Originally Posted by Miracle

There wasn't two switches that happened...there was only ONE! And MINE DIDNT GO THROUGH!

Which means my command was sent first, while my Brother (who now I know is in fact, a switcher too), sent HIS chosen switch targets first!

There was only ONE switch! It was with Burb and Blarg, nothing else.

How do you know Burb and Blarg were definitely switched?

Miracle was PM'd, right?

This leads to: TheGoddamn is bullshitting us, I doubt there are two (brother counts as one) town switchers. His behaviour and way of defense is weird. Doesn't give me town vibes.

Now made redundant by TheGoddamn's second claim.

I am very concerned about Crab as well:

Originally Posted by Crab

Actually, this can't be right.

You switched Blarg and Burb. Rynam watched Blarg... which means he watched Burb. Burb died... which means someone targeted a kill at Blarg... which means someone ended up targeting a kill at Burb... which Rynam would have seen. He didn't. He just saw you.

You're lying.

VOTE: TheGoddamn

WTF? lol. The exact same argument can be made against him.

True. I was pretty confused at this point. I thought if TheGoddamn had switched Swamped with someone N1, that would explain the difference - I got swapped onto Swamped's target along with Rynam, and a kill got swapped onto Swamped. But after thinking about it more, Rynam should still have seen TheGoddamn as well as me if Swamped was swapped. This was one of the things that made me lend more credence to TheGoddamn, which is why I changed my mind. It is true that the same sequence of events has happened to me and TheGoddamn, which makes me think there's some sort of deliberate strategy happening.

It would be a very big coincidence that Rynam happened to watch scum killing both nights, but it's a possibility. But is a ninja more likely?

I don't think there's any other explanation. Who killed Burbeting?

And if crab and TheG is a killer, maybe both (seems unlikely).

Again, I think invalidated by Miracle's claim and TheGoddamn's second claim.

So for Claims:
Miracle - George Weasley, switcher
Rynam - Mad Eye Moody, watcher

crab - PR
TheG - Sirius Black, switcher

Correct except TheG now openly claims Fred Weasley.

N1:
Miracle switches Burb and Rynam
Rynam watches swamped sees crab
Rynam claims being switched

N2:
Miracle doesn't switch (brother doess)
Rynam watches Blarg sees Th?G
crab claims being switched

Yup. If we include all the claims from various points:

N1:
Miracle switches Burb and Rynam.
Rynam watches Swamped, sees Crab only.
Someone kills Swamped.
Someone poisons Sawneeks.
Blargonaut investigates kingkitty.
Someone investigates Blargonaut.
Someone hits Blargonaut with stupefy.

N2:
TheGoddamn switches Burb and Blargonaut.
Someone switches Crab and an unknown player.
Rynam watches Blargonaut and is therefore watching Burb, sees TheGoddamn only.
Someone targets a kill at Blargonaut and therefore kills Burb.
Someone hits Gorlak with stupefy.
Someone steals from Blargonaut.
Blargonaut attempts to destroy his own Horcrux, but it is stolen.

A few missing links: nobody has claimed investigated today, nobody has claimed poisoned today, nobody has claimed to be the final missing switched person today.

@Blarg: if there is an Override, it's you. You are Dumbledore and can expell sb. from school. Please tell us if you have been switched. It's hard enough for me, just offers some help please. If you haven't TheG is the thief and lies about switching + Miracle has to explain as well

Amen, brother.

Miracle

Okay, let's cut this Gordian knot, because at this point, only the truth will benefit town in the end. Let's get it all out there (at least on my end) so that in case I die, all my actions will be clear.

Also one other thing for me to add.

While I have obviously shown my inexperience here, I believe in the bolded for every Mafia game. In order for Town to win, there has to be a lot of truth involved, and not withholding information or secrets that could benefit the Town in the discussion.

The discussion before my claim I felt was going in the wrong discussion and I feared we were going to lynch a Townie, hell, that Townie could have been YOU. And if that happened, we would waste a precious day lose two straight townies from a lynch and a death.

I mean the goal of the game is for one side to win, or a person if that person is neutral and has a different objective, but semantics aside, as long as ONE towns person is left standing at the end of the game, all Town wins. And judging by the last two nights, only one death happens per night. So even if we Town are out in the open now, the only way for us to both be dead is if Death Eaters claim us ONE NIGHT AT A TIME.

And we still outnumber Scum by a good margin so far if my math is right. :)

Yes I can. :)

Also I felt I had to role claim Fred, the discussion was pointed at you or that is the way it seemed. And I felt like people are going around in circles.

I also hate withholding good information. Yes I screwed in even telling it (my poor Gorlak theory and confusion of what my role actually is) but everything else was in fact the truth and thought it would benefit the Town much more so NOW AND IN THE LONG RUN.

So please don't be too mad at me Fred. :(

I understand. The alternative I was thinking of was you maybe lying low today (and dealing with it once more pressure was on me, or on you).

I'm not that mad! I was mostly surprised and exasperated when I woke up. We can use this to our advantage to catch liars.

Top Bottom