• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

TheExodu5

Banned
Also, did we figure out who Crab got switched with yet? The simplest scenario is he was switched with someone who is not Blarg or Burb.

If Crab got switched with Burb or Blarg, would we expect Either of them to have gotten 2 messages saying that they were switched? One of them may have been switched twice without knowing it.

Of course, I can't even begin to guess how the switching logic would work in such a case.

Okay, I thought I was missing something, which is why I was asking- I forgot that we had Rynam results on Burb too (so many claims today!), so it seemed really weird to me that we were so seriously considering a ninja. A ninja does sound very likely then.

Also, did we figure out who Crab got switched with yet? The simplest scenario is he was switched with someone who is not Blarg or Burb.

If Crab got switched with Burb or Blarg, would we expect Either of them to have gotten 2 messages saying that they were switched? One of them may have been switched twice without knowing it.

Of course, I can't even begin to guess how the switching logic would work in such a case.

The burb switch wouldn't work with the fact that he was killed iirc

TheExodu5

Banned
The burb switch wouldn't work with the fact that he was killed iirc

Well, that would depend on the priority. Switching should have priority than pretty much anything else, otherwise what's the point?

Also, if Burb got switched twice, he's dead now and he obviously can't tell us, so it's possible he got 2 PMs saying he was switched.

Rynam

Also, if Burb got switched twice, he's dead now and he obviously can't tell us, so it's possible he got 2 PMs saying he was switched.

I don't think Burb was switched twice. Imagine this 2 scenarios.
1)I watched Blarg, he got switched with Burb so i watched who visited burb, if burb now were also switched with crab I would've watched crab, who shouldn't have gotten a visit by the weasleys.

2) First Burb was switched out with crab, and then the Weasleys switched Blarg with Crab. If that were the case I would've also watched crab, who should've 2 Visits now.

So as I see it, given who Rynam saw N2, there are two possibilities

1. Ninja that attacked blarg

2, A 2nd scum switcher that delivered the kill onto Crab, which traveled to Blarg, which traveled to Burbeting.

In that situation, rynam, who targeted blarg, would've ended up on:

Crab --> Blarg --> Burbeting
Blarg --> Burbeting
Burbeting --> Blarg

We know in the case of a 2nd switcher that that one had a lower priority, given that its burb, not blarg, that is dead.

Wait, give me a second here, this is way too confusing

So the control group/code word for this cipher is

In this situation, Burbeting and Blarg switch. Any and all actions on Burbeting and Blarg switch. Burbeting now forms the middle link in this chain.

Then Crab and Burbeting switch. Any and all effects on actions on Burbeting, whose actions are from Crab, are now on Crab, and any and all effects on Crab are now on Burbeting

Except, Rynam targeted Blarg, and is now on Crab, but sees TheGoddamn, who claims he visited Blarg and Burbeting

OK, TRY AGAIN

This time, the unknown switcher would have higher priority.

Crab and Blarg switch.But this should kill Blarg.

Ok, so not that. I'm missing something obvious, someone else help me out.

Maybe this is really 10x more simple and there is only a ninja on blarg, yeah, that sounds nice and simple

roytheone

Well, that would depend on the priority. Switching should have priority than pretty much anything else, otherwise what's the point?

Don't think that is even possible with Burb ending up dead:

If we assume that the Goddamn/miracle are speaking the truth (which is a pretty safe assumption), if you got switched with Burb, how would that work with the kill?

Scum targets blarg----->moves to burb------> moves to you
Scum targets you------>moves to burb-------> moves to blarg
Scum targets burb--------> moves to you or blarg based on which of the commands has the highest priority.

Since Burb got killed, doesn't that make this impossible? Or did I get something wrong? One switch command can already be complicated, let alone two of them..........

So as I see it, given who Rynam saw N2, there are two possibilities

1. Ninja that attacked blarg

2, A 2nd scum switcher that delivered the kill onto Crab, which traveled to Blarg, which traveled to Burbeting.

In that situation, rynam, who targeted blarg, would've ended up on:

Blarg --> Burbeting
Burbeting --> Blarg

We know in the case of a 2nd switcher that that one had a lower priority, given that its burb, not blarg, that is dead.

Wait, give me a second here, this is way too confusing

So the control group/code word for this cipher is

In this situation, Burbeting and Blarg switch. Any and all actions on Burbeting and Blarg switch. Burbeting now forms the middle link in this chain.

Then Crab and Burbeting switch. Any and all effects on actions on Burbeting, whose actions are from Crab, are now on Crab, and any and all effects on Crab are now on Burbeting

Except, Rynam targeted Blarg, and is now on Crab, but sees TheGoddamn, who claims he visited Blarg and Burbeting

Whoa whoa wait, first process isn't that bad, a switcher wouldn't know that something interfered. But Rynam is now watching everything that happened on Crab, and the only thing that ever happened on Crab was TheGoddamn switching him and Burbeting

But wait, TheGoddamn has a higher priority in this scenario

Fuck me

TheExodu5

Banned
Don't think that is even possible with Burb ending up dead:
Ohhhh I get it now. Because the killing blow couldn't fall on Burb if he was the middle link.

Okay this is coming together:

Okay, so Blarg is probably the middle link?

Crab <---> Blarg <---> Burb

Anyone who targets Crab ends on Burb
Anyone who targets Burb ends on Blarg
Anyone who targets Blarg ends on...either Burg or Crab...which one takes priority?

Wait a second, if the Blarg Burbeting switch had more priority, then it's Burbeting that would have been switched twice, not Blarg

So Blarg would have only received TheGoddamn's switch pm, but not the 2nd, because it's Burbeting who received both pms

THEREFORE ALL THIS WAITING FOR BLARG MEANT SHIT ALL
AND HE HAS BEEN WASTING OUR TIME FOR NO REASON

tumblr_mcod9bEMso1rsi7hf.gif

UNVOTE

So the dead burb is therefore the only one that could confirm what Crab is saying if indeed no one else comes out and says what happened

That, or if someone HAS indeed been switched, we then have a ninja

TheExodu5

Banned
Wait I'm not sure if my previous logic works.

If we have 2 switches, I think we can probably assume they both targeted Blarg. Both from scum and town's perspectives, Blarg is an ideal switch candidate. Town switches Blarg to protect him. Scum switches Blarg to redirect a kill onto him. So let's work with that assumption.

TheGoddamn switches Blarg and Burb
Someone switches Crab and Blarg

Now, there are 2 possibilities: either TheGoddamn's switch went in first, or the other switch went in first.

1) Goddamn switches first:

Blarg is switched with Burb
Someone switches Blarg (redirected to Burb) with Crab. So Crab gets switched with Burb. This makes Burb the middle link which means he can't die.

2) Someone else switches first:

Crab is switched with Blarg
TheGoddamn switched Blarg (redirected to Crab) with Burb. Crab ends up the middle link. Both Burb and Blarg are vulnerable.

So I think the second option works? Unless I'm not really understanding how the switch works. It makes sense as well, since they accept the LAST switch from Fred/George, which might imply lower priority than another switch.

Flame_AC

This game is taking such a variety of wild turns that it's a bit ridiculous for one to be expected to keep up. I don't know how this could be an 8 if Cthulhu was supposedly a 9. I have nothing to say on the switcher snafu as it seems like a pit of circular reasoning. As far as I can tell, the consensus is that Miracle and TheGoddamn (who got a shout out in the Daily Prophet I think) are Town-Aligned switchers and are the Weasley brothers? Blarg kept part of his role secret and now wants to do a big switch session with the brothers each night to prolong his own life. Dumbledore seemingly has a lot of power, but I'm curious as to why he said he tried to destroy a Horcrux last night. It seems like there is something off about this part of his posts.

Wait I'm not sure if my previous logic works.

If we have 2 switches, I think we can probably assume they both targeted Blarg. Both from scum and town's perspectives, Blarg is an ideal switch candidate. Town switches Blarg to protect him. Scum switches Blarg to redirect a kill onto him. So let's work with that assumption.

TheGoddamn switches Blarg and Burb
Someone switches Crab and Blarg

Now, there are 2 possibilities: either TheGoddamn's switch went in first, or the other switch went in first.

1) Goddamn switches first:

Blarg is switched with Burb
Someone switches Blarg (redirected to Burb) with Crab. So Crab gets switched with Burb. This makes Burb the middle link which means he can't die.

2) Someone else switches first:

Crab is switched with Blarg
TheGoddamn switched Blarg (redirected to Crab) with Burb. Crab ends up the middle link. Both Burb and Blarg are vulnerable.

So I think the second option works? Unless I'm not really understanding how the switch works. It makes sense as well, since they accept the LAST switch from Fred/George, which might imply lower priority than another switch.

Nope, the first scenario would kill Burb if they ordered the hit on Crab.

And in the 2nd scenario, Burbeting dies if they ordered the hit on Blarg, however in this case, Rynam would've seen them, unless we DO have a ninja.

Actually, hmn this leads to another issue.

Would scum risk a hit against one of their own, even if it was a switch kill? The only other possibility other than that are two ninja scenarios-

1. Double switch occurs, scum have higher priority, scum hit blarg
2. Separate switches, ninja hits blarg

But here's the MAIN issue with the 2nd scenario. Scum would have to be pretty godly at predicting another switcher, this one being on town, being on Blarg tonight to not end up killing crab. And if they were going for crab, what??!!

So that leaves us with the original two scenarios. Scum put a hit on crab in a double switch on blarg or scum put a ninja hit on blarg in seperate switches.

But why would a scum switcher even do a separate switch. If they were going for blarg and had a switcher, it makes sense that that switcher would try to get the kill on blarg. Unless they were worried about a watcher. But still, a watcher could've easily assumed one of the people they was a doctor.

So scum order a hit on crab, maybe with a ninja, maybe not, switch him with blarg, who is now burb, killing burbeting

GOT IT I SOLVED THE HEADACHE/PUZZLE

I'm SO DONE

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
VOTE: SalvaPot

I've figured out. This game is so bastard that there are no mafia, only moderators.

Wait shit here's another issue.

Why did Rynam only see TheGoddamn in that scenario?

Watchers don't just have the baility to see switchers. The reason why they see the switcher is because the switcher is visiting both people.

Theoretically, if there was a role that stayed constant and couldn't have its actions switched, and it targeted Blargonaut, Rynam shouldn't have been able to see it

So if Rynam got transferred to Burb, who was switched again, he should have been able to see a 2nd switcher

So either the mods fucked up or more likely, we're back to the ninja theories.

But if there is a ninja, that makes Crab look more town, giving more credence to the idea that there is a scum switcher, that did something?

SalvaPot

Wait shit here's another issue.

Why did Rynam only see TheGoddamn in that scenario?

Watchers don't just have the baility to see switchers. The reason why they see the switcher is because the switcher is visiting both people.

Theoretically, if there was a role that stayed constant and couldn't have its actions switched, and it targeted Blargonaut, Rynam shouldn't have been able to see it

So if Rynam got transferred to Burb, who was switched again, he should have been able to see a 2nd switcher

So either the mods fucked up or more likely, we're back to the ninja theories.

But if there is a ninja, that makes Crab look more town, giving more credence to the idea that there is a scum switcher, that did something?

I am pretty sure the mods fucked up.

Edit: ITS A JOKE, SINCE I AM THE MOD, GET IT? NO? WELL OK THEN!

Fuck it

VOTE: ninpot

Ok, so ninjas are unlikely, but unless we have some crazy ninja scum switcher, that's unlikely, unless maybe the rules of the watcher's interaction with a switcher are different,, my head hurts, this is confusing again

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If we get a majority to lynch the moderator, do we win or do we lose?

If the mods actually screwed up though, then Idk what to do, because if scum team has a switcher that switcher just got fucked over if mods just send a pm to Rynam saying

"Oh yeah you also saw Player A"

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If the mods actually screwed up though, then Idk what to do, because if scum team has a switcher that switcher just got fucked over if mods just send a pm to Rynam saying

"Oh yeah you also saw Player A"

Good for us, we can lynch them. Pretty unfair for scum team but them's the breaks.

Good for us, we can lynch them. Pretty unfair for scum team but them's the breaks.

That's nice and all, given the ability of the Weasley twins to confirm each other, they easily would've been lynched between your claim and everyone else's, but it would have influenced how scum played had Rynam mentioned it from the beginning.

Hell, would Rynam have claimed with two names?

Even if it gives us an advantage, I'd prefer a fair game for all sides. I'd rather not win due to some weird shit that happened

At this point, it may be the only option, but it's not an option I like

This game is taking such a variety of wild turns that it's a bit ridiculous for one to be expected to keep up. I don't know how this could be an 8 if Cthulhu was supposedly a 9. I have nothing to say on the switcher snafu as it seems like a pit of circular reasoning. As far as I can tell, the consensus is that Miracle and TheGoddamn (who got a shout out in the Daily Prophet I think) are Town-Aligned switchers and are the Weasley brothers? Blarg kept part of his role secret and now wants to do a big switch session with the brothers each night to prolong his own life. Dumbledore seemingly has a lot of power, but I'm curious as to why he said he tried to destroy a Horcrux last night. It seems like there is something off about this part of his posts.
I know everyone has been trying to fry their brains thinking of ways Crab got switched with Blarg or Burb, but what about you? Were you switched with Crab on N2?

TheExodu5

Banned
Ninpot, you are Gilderoy Lockhart. You have the power of the memory charm. You use it in hopes that all of Hogwarts forgets, but it backfires. You no longer know who you are.

What a twist.

TheExodu5

Banned
Honestly, let's not get too caught up in fairness and what ifs. What's done is done. Ninpot will come up with a solution that ensure all sides have fun as the game progresses. That's all that matters here.

I'm thankful that we have two people who volunteered to run a really enjoyable game here, and despite a mistake, it's been a blast so far. I talk to my girlfriend every few days and give her updates on the game and we try to piece the clues together. It's been a huge source of enjoyment for me.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, let's not get too caught up in fairness and what ifs. What's done is done. Ninpot will come up with a solution that ensure all sides have fun as the game progresses. That's all that matters here.

I'm thankful that we have two people who volunteered to run a really enjoyable game here, and despite a mistake, it's been a blast so far. I talk to my girlfriend every few days and give her updates on the game and we try to piece the clues together. It's been a huge source of enjoyment for me.

Yup. Stuff happens. I forgot a report in S1 as well.

roytheone

Yeah, even though this sucks, it will probably be handled by ninpot. Still, this will always hang over this game, regardless of what happens next, and that is very unfortunate.

SalvaPot

The only mistake we made is that we started the day first and send the pm's after, and that some info was missing from said pm's, but once I was back I double checked everything to be sure it was fine and just send the missing information to the players so they are aware of everything that happened to them each night. Nin did a great job of filling in while I was unavailable and it is not going to have an impact on the game.

I know the game seems confusing and frustrating, but that is precisely the point of it. Its an 8 because I AM keeping some info from a few of the roles, because that info is there hidden in their role PM's. Be sure to read it carefully.

Flavor is also confusing on purpose. Please do not pay mind to the flavor, the idea of the flavor is to give a narrative that will come together by the end of the game, it does not reflect how characters died or roles, as you can deduce by Lupin "disappearing", since in the game he was actually lunched.

The main theme of the game, and that I think reflects Harry Potter as a whole, is CHOICES. Keep this in mind and keep on playing, you guys and girls are doing great!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay. I am just going to ignore literally everything that happened today and wait for more information. Meanwhile.

VOTE: Gorlak

GhnEfLU.png

PLS

DESPITE WHAT YOU MAY HAVE HEARD OR HAVE BEEN LED TO ASSUME ABOUT THIS "BLUNDER" ON THE HOSTS' PART, I HAVE THIS ISSUE FULLY UNDER CONTROL

I HAVE BEEN TAKING ALL POSTS, CLAIMS AND "MISTAKES" INTO ACCOUNT, AND HAVE PERSONALLY ARRIVED AT A RESOLUTION THAT I BELIEVE WILL SATISFY ALL RELEVANT DISGRUNTLED PARTIES WITH THE UTMOST DISCRETION TOWARDS UNDOUBTEDLY BEING ULTIMATELY CONDUCIVE TO HAVING A GOOD TIME

I IMPLORE YOU ALL TO JUST WAIT A BIT LONGER, AS I FINALIZE THE ANALYSIS MEGA-POST I'VE BEEN WORKING ON FOR MANY, MANY HOURS NOW

CONTINUE SHARING PHOTOS OF FOOD AND CORDIALLY TALKING ABOUT YOUR FAVOURITE CORPORATE BRANDS AMONGST YOURSELVES

I GOT THIS

Top Bottom