• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Style

Banned
I'm getting the majority of votes right now and most of them are justified by my inactivity and that I wont be useful for scumhunting later. Do I need you to remind what happened with the last person that had that reasoning?

Usefulness is not a good reason to lose another villager at all and coming one step closer to the wolves agenda. You are jeopardizing the whole game and willing to lose another villager just because you deem him useless? If that was so there are plenty of other inactive posters you could even chose from.

Like I said last game, playing like that is either stupid or done for the benefit of the wolves. If I should happen to get the boot and get lynched this round, for the remaining villagers, please examine and look closer at all the people that voted on me. I'm being used as an easy target once again.

Style

Banned
You've asked all sorts of people all sorts of questions, but it's never been about the "baker," one of the standout elements of our little game. Here you are posting a huge reads list of "people who stand out," and yet Dave isn't highlighted. In fact, the only acknowledgement of his presence you've ever made was in this scenario:

You posted that you'd get to Lollipop Dave later on... that didn't happen.

So, what's your excuse? Forgot to get to him? Didn't have enough time? He didn't stand out enough for you?

Dave is a complete idiot but we need him. Voting for him is anti-town.

All eyes are on me currently with bad reasoning for voting on me, yet when Dave gets one vote you step out and say that it is anti town? Yeah I'm not buying it, someone here is looking out for each other. Either you two have some sort of mason like role where you can guarantee his alignment or you are looking out for each others back because you are wolves.

cabot

All eyes are on me currently with bad reasoning for voting on me, yet when Dave gets one vote you step out and say that it is anti town? Yeah I'm not buying it, someone here is looking out for each other. Either you two have some sort of mason like role where you can guarantee his alignment or you are looking out for each others back because you are wolves.

I strongly suspect masons. A second scum going out of his way (no heat on Makai) to protect one of his own makes little sense. Also scum chat would have told Dave to tone down the fluff by now as it was attracting bad attention.

I don't believe there's scum here, not yet.

Drop

I'm getting the majority of votes right now and most of them are justified by my inactivity and that I wont be useful for scumhunting later. Do I need you to remind what happened with the last person that had that reasoning?

Usefulness is not a good reason to lose another villager at all and coming one step closer to the wolves agenda. You are jeopardizing the whole game and willing to lose another villager just because you deem him useless? If that was so there are plenty of other inactive posters you could even chose from.

Like I said last game, playing like that is either stupid or done for the benefit of the wolves. If I should happen to get the boot and get lynched this round, for the remaining villagers, please examine and look closer at all the people that voted on me. I'm being used as an easy target once again.

Maybe if you're town and you have the majority of votes you should rethink your strategy, what you just said is a pretty weak defense, you had once again the chance of being helpful for town and missed it. If you get the boot it will be mostly your fault.

cabot

I do feel Thanksgiving has warped and given leeway to the complete inactives for this phase, which is a pain, but it's just something we have to live with. You betcha I'll be on their bottoms hard on D2 when there will be no excuse.

Yeah and 'doing this again, what about last time' is bad, bad bad bad style.

Drop

Now, this is a good observation, but like in the previous game it looks like you don't start putting in work until you're cornered.

While I don't they're both scum covering each other I'd like to see Makai elaborating on that vote.

Style

Banned
Maybe if you're town and you have the majority of votes you should rethink your strategy, what you just said is a pretty weak defense, you had once again the chance of being helpful for town and missed it. If you get the boot it will be mostly your fault.

I already acknowledged a couple of posts back that it was my fault. I should probably have gotten a replacement and dropped out, but I'm seeing this to the end now. ( ̄^ ̄)7

Still seems like I'm being used by the wolves to get a free day kill on a villager.

Burbeting

Banned
Alright, I'll explain a little. I'm always late to the party. Be it sleep or work, I miss the bulk of discussion at its start. I would then repeat, but that never goes well, I could just not post till I find something relevant myself, but that doesn't go down well either, so I'm just having some fun while I can, at least till it gets more active.

Also fluff = anti-town?

Fluff can be anti-town yes. When playing, some people might be suspicious for people, who don't post much at all, inactives to say. But on the other hand, some scums might not want to say much, as to not divert the limelight to themselves. The solution to this problems might be fluff, they can post more, while not saying anything at all.
(Also I kinda think it's funny you use LTTP as a reasoning here, while I am most definitely LTTP to this game due to subbing...)
However, I don't think it's necessarily a scumtell that you posted lot of fluff. What I will say is that I want more than just that.

It's also quite interesting how vehemently Flux jumped on Dave after I made a short, two lines long note about his behaviour. I kinda don't understand, why he is suddenly voting for him, hmmh.

----

I agree with Tim about the sleepwalker claim issue. The sleepwalkers did not need to claim, it's a different case than a miller, where their claim definitely helps town. In sleepwalker case, the propability, that the sleepwalker enters the same space as watcher and killing scum at the same time, is quite low.

----

The deputy issue is kinda up in the air still? I still think that the plan of giving deputy to the lynch target plan can be risky, even if late claims will be deemed a policy lynch. What if the claim is some actually really helpful town PR, like doctor or cop (I understood there was no cop in first werewolf, but there is the possibility)? Would we still policy-lynch, and possibly hamper the town?

Palmer, the Sheriff HAS to pick a deputy, right? What happens, if he simply does not pick one? Will the sheriff end up modkilled or something?

----

Style

Banned
I do feel Thanksgiving has warped and given leeway to the complete inactives for this phase, which is a pain, but it's just something we have to live with. You betcha I'll be on their bottoms hard on D2 when there will be no excuse.

Yeah and 'doing this again, what about last time' is bad, bad bad bad style.

Except it's right on the nose this time. Cutting away inactive players when you don't even think they are scum yourselves is outright stupid logic. Every lost villager is one step closer to a scum victory. Also you can't be on my bottom hard on D2 seeing as I'm getting cut this round. o|-<

cabot

Except it's right on the nose this time. Cutting away inactive players when you don't even think they are scum yourselves is outright stupid logic. Every lost villager is one step closer to a scum victory. Also you can't be on my bottom hard on D2 seeing as I'm getting cut this round. o|-<

You make it sound like one dead villager is some horrible tragedy.

In a game of 29, it's a certainty. Your town flip will make us look on those who voted with you with suspicion, and get us closer to unearthing scum.

One dead villager is a certainty. You might be the first.

I consider D1 a success if we hit scum or regular townie. While you've essentially claimed normal, we'll see how much people put stock in that, either way we learn something if you live or die.

Warxard

Banned
I really don't think Lollipop Dave would be that elaborate with his fluff to be scum. That's way too obvious.

Maybe Dave's hiding some sort of PR with this baker theme lol.

Burbeting

Banned
Yeeep, this is all I need to see.

Vote: cabot

What cabot is saying is that the propability to lynch a scum is low, there is a good chance (unfortunately) that we will hit a town in D1. It's not something desireable, but very possible, non the less. So if we hit town, it would be better to at least hit an ordinary town than a PR role, since losing a PR role would be a bigger loss for the town. So I understand his logic.

Style

Banned
*looks at voter list*

3jfwSDy.jpg

Well then, my bad. o|-<

Drop

Fluff can be anti-town yes. When playing, some people might be suspicious for people, who don't post much at all, inactives to say. But on the other hand, some scums might not want to say much, as to not divert the limelight to themselves. The solution to this problems might be fluff, they can post more, while not saying anything at all.
(Also I kinda think it's funny you use LTTP as a reasoning here, while I am most definitely LTTP to this game due to subbing...)
However, I don't think it's necessarily a scumtell that you posted lot of fluff. What I will say is that I want more than just that.

It's also quite interesting how vehemently Flux jumped on Dave after I made a short, two lines long note about his behaviour. I kinda don't understand, why he is suddenly voting for him, hmmh.

----

I agree with Tim about the sleepwalker claim issue. The sleepwalkers did not need to claim, it's a different case than a miller, where their claim definitely helps town. In sleepwalker case, the propability, that the sleepwalker enters the same space as watcher and killing scum at the same time, is quite low.

----

The deputy issue is kinda up in the air still? I still think that the plan of giving deputy to the lynch target plan can be risky, even if late claims will be deemed a policy lynch. What if the claim is some actually really helpful town PR, like doctor or cop (I understood there was no cop in first werewolf, but there is the possibility)? Would we still policy-lynch, and possibly hamper the town?

Palmer, the Sheriff HAS to pick a deputy, right? What happens, if he simply does not pick one? Will the sheriff end up modkilled or something?

----

I think the issue you're talking about is the biggest point against that tactic, it is definitely a big problem, in any case, seeing as time is running low and we lack consensus on what to do I think I'll proceed normally for now.

I have to say I really like how you jumped straight in the game, giving us all of your thoughts as soon as you got in the game.

Style, while I don't think you're scum, what you're saying doesn't really hold, it's day 1, of course we don't have any hard evidence on anyone, you know what would be worse than killing a town player because they're inactive? Killing an active town player because we think they're scum based on D1 reads.

Burbeting

Banned
I think the issue you're talking about is the biggest point against that tactic, it is definitely a big problem, in any case, seeing as time is running low and we lack consensus on what to do I think I'll proceed normally for now.

I have to say I really like how you jumped straight in the game, giving us all of your thoughts as soon as you got in the game.

Style, while I don't think you're scum, what you're saying doesn't really hold, it's day 1, of course we don't have any hard evidence on anyone, you know what would be worse than killing a town player because they're inactive? Killing an active town player because we think they're scum based on D1 reads.

If we can't come into consensus about the deputy issue, think about it thoroughly, who you want to give it. Even if I think that the plan to give deputy to kill target is risky, the truth still is that giving the power to a scum is a risk.

cabot

If we can't come into consensus about the deputy issue, think about it thoroughly, who you want to give it. Even if I think that the plan to give deputy to kill target is risky, the truth still is that giving the power to a scum is a risk.

While it's true, we're early doors here so there isn't too much power to the role just now. If a scum happens to get it now, he'll have to play ball.

It would be pretty ballsy to pass it over to other scums so early.

cabot

And I've got a question for *Splinter: you like interrogating people so much, but how comes you've never actually questioned Lollipop Dave?

You've asked all sorts of people all sorts of questions, but it's never been about the "baker," one of the standout elements of our little game. Here you are posting a huge reads list of "people who stand out," and yet Dave isn't highlighted. In fact, the only acknowledgement of his presence you've ever made was in this scenario:

So, what's your excuse? Forgot to get to him? Didn't have enough time? He didn't stand out enough for you?

Yo, thanks for bringing this up. What happened to this, Splinter? It's one thing to promise further reads and not deliver, but you even mention your vote target is probably in this next group

Drop

Yo, thanks for bringing this up. What happened to this, Splinter? It's one thing to promise further reads and not deliver, but you even mention your vote target is probably in this next group

I completely forgot about Flux's post, I'm interested in this too.

Warxard

Banned
Maybe there's difficulty in questing a poster whose majority of posts is merely fluff. I admit that a good portion of Xam's content is fluff but Dave? Shit that must be like tracking in the dark.

Drop

Palmer I think the vote list is not updating, after recounting it still doesn't reflect this page's changes.

Maybe there's difficulty in questing a poster whose majority of posts is merely fluff. I admit that a good portion of Xam's content is fluff but Dave? Shit that must be like tracking in the dark.
I think Dave is putting way too much time into fluff to be scum

Palmer I think the vote list is not updating, after recounting it still doesn't reflect this page's changes.

Seems working for me. Last vote was actioned at post #814, as captured by the tool:

Day 1 votes

*splinter (0)
cabot 191 (383)
terrabyte20xx 258 (788)

cabot (1)
swamped 201 (790)
lollipop dave 582 (717)
style 814

darryl (4)
cornburrito 364
batsnacks 663
czartim 719
starsketch 735 (754)
swamped 790

fluxwavez (0)
cabot 383 (452)
fluxwavez 693 (695)
fluxwavez 693 (695)

timeaisis (0)
cabot 452 (491)
xamtheking 477 (495)

cornburrito (0)
darryl 475 (660)
batsnacks 630 (663)

robotninjahornets (0)
cabot 491 (699)
fluxwavez 610 (693)
xamtheking 611 (617)
fluxwavez 695 (792)

style (3)
lollipop dave 504 (582)
zippedpinhead 625 (691)
zippedpinhead 691
crimsonfist 716 (811)
kingkitty 756
fireblend 779

xamtheking (3)
makai 511
boo boo'n 634
starsketch 794

quantumbro (0)
kingkitty 536 (756)
batsnacks 605 (630)

swamped (0)
czartim 552 (719)

batsnacks (2)
darryl 660
mattyg 793

starsketch (1)
cabot 699

ultron87 (1)
rats off to ya 783

zippedpinhead (1)
terrabyte20xx 788

lollipop dave (1)
fluxwavez 792

Time Left:
red_1448816400.png

Warxard

Banned
Xam's still jumping on someone because someone else is jumping on them...that can't be coincedence.

You sure sleepwalking is the only thing you're doing right now?

I'm not so sold on Darryl's scum ness. Depends on what happens tonight re: who the wolves smoke out before I can have him on my sights to accuse...

*Splinter

Yeah... No, I'm not buying it.

Vote: Lollipop Dave

You're a wolf, doing such a blatant fluff job of trying to hide it some people have turned around and think you might be town instead.

And I've got a question for *Splinter: you like interrogating people so much, but how comes you've never actually questioned Lollipop Dave?

I was playing CoD ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯

I didn't get around to questioning Dave, but I haven't forgotten him. I mostly see people jumping on him for fluff which seems weird to me - he isn't the only RPer in our community. My overall (from memory) impression that he has commented on most topics despite his fluff, and couldn't be fairly labelled a low contributor. However I wanted to double check his posts before giving him a pass for the day, and I need to get to a computer for that (all of my posts except that long one are from mobile).

I'm slightly annoyed I didn't get round to reading those 4 I mentioned (and I had hoped for more to be honest), but on the other hand I got Dark Matter camo and 10th prestige, so GOML, I guess.

I see we only have 2 hours left... thought we had a few more :/ I'll get to a PC and try to come to a decision on my vote. I'm not promising it will be in those 4 I mentioned, but that's where I'm looking first.

Drop

For the reasons I listed in my reads post

Double: StarSketch

Looks like Xam is trying to get lynched though.

Darryl

Banned
In that case
Vote: Darryl

There's 2 hours left and the difference between me and another guy is 1, and there was a whole 3 votes on them. There is probably 5 mafia in this game. I have 4 votes. Clearly I have a team working to ensure my safety. Has there been any sign in me arguing over the past 2 days that there has been coordinated support of anything I say? It doesn't even appear people have read the stuff I have said.

Top Bottom