• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Needham

48 wins and 7 losses for Team burger here, maybe I can finally win a Splatfest.
WVW69ioaJR4N2SS6HW
I had this one sniper on my team who I just hung out with and threw disruptors at everyone I saw and let her pick them off while I watched. This probably lasted over 20 matches. We'd share a booyah after each kill, but she wouldn't high five me :(

KSH4Utr.jpg

Took about 4 hours. A bit longer than last splatfest. Had multiple connection errors when I was halfway through champion.
ready for those 24 sea snails >:]

Got to pizza king...

I think I'm done with Splatfests bar some really interesting contest subject or an update that matches you based on rank or something. They're just not fun anymore. If the side I vote for is the most popular side, shit goes south quick because I get partnered with the kids that have no idea how to play, which is just...fuck. I can only kill 2/3 at a time or sneak up on their snipers just so many times...

This is going to be the biggest blowout so far. Pizza will take popularity easily but this may very will be the lowest win rate yet. I'm talking low 30s - high 20s.

Sendou

Thanks for the tournament everyone :p And on the record I'd like to say I wanted to go for a weapon I'm not familiar with but WALKMAN's history of trash talking and James' tryhard cheater lineup forced my hand (Sly of NEOGAF tournaments right here).

Jintor

i'm actually kind of feeling the sploshing machine. but i'm still shit with the luna blaster (even though you can still rack up the kills when they swarm the tower... i'm still better with a blaster in my hand)

Lol at EU splatfest.
Pineapple pizza vs good pizza.
I thought you were joking then I checked twitter. Oh dear...

In other news I guess 5 weeks is the splatfest gap now*. As luck would have it looks unlikely that I'll be playing Xenoblade X until sometime next week (thanks for nothing
but selling the game to me for £30
Amazon UK) so could have really done with a splatfest today after all but given how it sounds like it is plagued with connection problems in America probably for the better that Nintendo are aiming to have one regions splatfest at a time now.

*-So 9th January for next American one and 16th January for Europe.

nom

Last chance to join Day 2 of our GAFHouse tournament. 6 Teams. Double Elimation. Lots of fun. If you're interested please join the Discord server and sign the google form below

Saturday 5th December (Noon PST, 3PM EST, 8PM GMT)

**Quote me for link:

**Quote me for Discord link:

doop_

Banned
Last chance to join Day 2 of our GAFHouse tournament. 6 Teams. Double Elimation. Lots of fun. If you're interested please join the Discord server and sign the google form below

Saturday 5th December (Noon PST, 3PM EST, 8PM GMT)

**Quote me for link:

**Quote me for Discord link:
I am ready, tourneys at this time are perfect.

J@hranimo

Banned
62mu7Eu.jpg

Wow. They really did this lol.

While it's a hilarious Splatfest theme, there was definitely a discussion about this earlier. It can't be that crazy now :p

noshten

I can't bring myself to playing Splatfest, it's like the most boring day of Splatoon for me. I do like the changes in the Museum that elevated central platform. Wish it was moving up and down, Splatoon could definitely do with more moving surfaces.

nom

It will be hard to beat the success and excitement of yesterdays tournament but here it goes... GAFHouse II. The second ever GAF-only Splatoon Tournament (recently voted best multiplayer and shooter of 2015). You can keep up to date with the bracket here. Most of the games should be streamed but this time we will have a 'main' stream where you can easily keep up to date with the action - featuring commentary by Toadsili and possibly special guests ;)

Main Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/toadsili_t
Individual team streams: SquidTropics, Team Detriment, #E X P O S E D

BI5Ct8h.png

Rough Schedule (ET):

15:00 - Last check-in
15:10 - Name too Stupid 2 Change vs SquidTropics (1)
15:25 - #E X P O S E D vs Team Detriment (2)
15:40 - Loser of Round 1 vs Loser of Round 2 (3)
15:50 - Winner of Round 1 vs Winner of Round 2 (4)
16:05 - Loser of Round 4 vs Winner of Round 3 (5)
16:15 - Finals (6)

Map List:
(1) + (2) = Blackbelly Skatepark, (3) = Urchin Underpass, (4) = Walleye Warehouse, (5) = Kelp Dome, (6) = Arowana Mall (Reset = Mahi Mahi Resort)

The teams:

Team Name: Name too Stupid 2 Change
Team Members: DaBoss, Ryechu, CoconutTank, CMDiego, Triforce141
Team Strategy: Shooting at the ground, raw rolling, & uncharged charger shots

Captain’s Log: DaBoss
Pineappes on Pizza, Yay or Nay? Nay
Callie or Marie? Neither, Hightide Era fo' life
Favorite Map: $$$$ Dome
Favorite Mode: Flying Eagle Simulator
Favorite Weapon: Custom Neo Rapid Gold Aerospray 3K E-Lite Deco Pro MK III

Team Name: SquidTropics
Team Members: Azure J, SmashKirby, Jahranimo, Nico_D, Coaster
Team Strategy: S Rank Gameplay™

Captain’s Log: Azure J
Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay? Nah but I respect it
Callie or Marie? C A L L I E B O Y
Favorite Map: Blackbelly Skatepark
Favorite Mode: Rainmaker
Favorite Weapon: Inkbrush (RIP)

Team Name: #E X P O S E D (Current Champions)
Team Members: James, Kildud3, GuySloth, backlot, doop
Team Strategy: Try not to get salty PJSalt

Captain’s Log: James
Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay? Naaaaaaaaaaaay
Callie or Marie? Callie
Favorite Map: Camp Triggerfish
Favorite Mode: Rainmaker
Favorite Weapon: N-Zap '85

Team Name: Team Detriment
Team Members: SM239, Goya, Gabriel, :tomato:, Robotguy
Team Strategy: Do things and hope for the best

Captain’s Log: SM239
Pineapple on pizza, yay or nay? 👍
Callie or Marie? Callie
Favorite Map: Not Flounder 24/7
Favorite Mode: 🆓 da 🐟
Favorite Weapon: Point Sensors. Just ask Saro 😉

Thank you Nintendo Treehouse ;)

HeroR

It was rough. Didn't think I could play this Splatfest since my connection kept crapping out. In a last ditch effort, I unplugged my router for 10 seconds and then, lord behold, my connection worked flawlessly. I had no drops off and stood with the same team the entire time. We wiped out Team Burger and we won all our matches against other Pizza teams.

I guess I just needed a hard reboot.

If people that don't like pineapple on pizza have only tried Hawaiian, then no wonder they think it sucks. Pineapple and ham sucks.

Pineapple + chicken + spiciness on a pizza though, that's the best there is.

nom

Is II the last one? (Will there be a tournament next week?)

If there's enough interest we will definitely do another one, maybe a monthly thing - it's just hard to find a good time for everyone.

But if you're interested make to sure to stick around in the Discord server for any updates/discussions.

Team Burger squid reporting for duty!

I got all the way to Burger Defender, and that's all the time I have. I won more games than I lost, so I think that's a good sign at least.

Kito

If there's enough interest we will definitely do another one, maybe a monthly thing - it's just hard to find a good time for everyone.

But if you're interested make to sure to stick around in the Discord server for any updates/discussions.

Have you used Doodle before? It makes finding a good time easy.

Quote me (on desktop preferably) for GAFHouse III's Doodle link: _________________________

I've made it as an example only; you may want different times, days, etc on there.

Geg

Woooow that EU splatfest. What the hell

And honestly I still think Pizza will win. I played against some legit good pizza teams last night while a lot of my burger teams were awful

Robotguy

FYI
I've temporarily implemented the tags: bracket, teams, and maps for this tourney.
Their functions are pretty self explanatory I think. The formatting kinda sucks. Sorry about that.

To use the tag command with the discord bot type the following "!tag tagname"

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh yeah, got to Burger King earlier today.

WVW69iohcUg_ASmAG4

Timing the matchmaking to play with other gaffers (Shoutouts to SM239 and DaBoss from today!) and the destructive power of the sloshing machine makes Splatfest a lot more fun :D

ChrisD

If people that don't like pineapple on pizza have only tried Hawaiian, then no wonder they think it sucks. Pineapple and ham sucks.

Pineapple + chicken + spiciness on a pizza though, that's the best there is.

I should try from a good pizzeria one day. All I can go off of is Papa John's, and their BBQ sauce is so sugary it's insane. I imagine a good BBQ without all the sweet would mix better.

A good Burger would still beat it. :D

I voted for pineapples and in the games and plaza I was the only one wearing an orange splatfest shirt. I think we have a loser :p It was Marie with her comment about fruits on pizza being disgusting that made me draw the line. Marie, as someone who was team science what do you think a tomato is? Pineapples go well with cheese which is something else pizza mostly is.

GGs to everyone for the tourney and the hype matches! Big thanks to James for getting this all set up, and to Toadsili and Walkman for commentary! :) I also want to give a shout out to DaBoss, Ryechu, Kevin and CMDiego for being super awesome teammates :) And to all the players that participated, thanks for giving it your all!

I enjoyed playing and watching the GAF tourney matches, and would definitely be down for a GAF tourney next time!

nom

Our second GAFHouse tournament is over. Thanks again to everyone that played, watched and even commentated! Final Bracket can be found here. Again there were one or two last minute changes to the teams which ended up as:

Name too Stupid 2 Change: DaBoss, Ryechu, CoconutTank, CMDiego, Triforce141

SquidTropics: Azure J, SmashKirby, Jahranimo, Nico_D, Coaster

#E X P O S E D: James, Kildud3, backlot, doop

Team Detriment: SM239, Goya, Gabriel, Robotguy, :tomato: (subbed out for GuySloth)

We might do one again in the future, maybe even crazier rules, so keep an eye out in the OT or on Discord (Quote me for Discord link: ) about that.

Zero²

Now that I finished my semester, time to get back into Squid battles~
Cant wait to try and master all these new weapons!

WVW69iojPaIgTjk4bx

This is maybe the forth time I went out of my way to reach King status. Hope Team Pizza pulls a victory somehow.

BTW, I never realize how appropriate Spongebob memes would be for this particular Splatfest.

A prime example I just found:
WVW69in4B_0ybfXdu9

I got to Pizza Queen! :) Had some bumps along the way, but at least I had fewer connection errors for this splatfest, and I had better teammates to finish my stretch to Queen. I did it with rapid blaster deco too, so that was even more awesome :3

Top Bottom