• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you own the most of? (Subcategory: Controllers)

onken

I own 2 copies of quite a few games (mostly MGS and RE games) but I guess the record is RE4 with a paltry 3 copies GC, PS2, PC.

Tomb Raider :lol

All the PS1 versions, all the Dreamcast versions, all the 360 versions, all the PS2 versions, all the PC versions.

/facepalm

Jokab

I have a double of every zelda on the collector's edition and two WoW games, as I got the first account banned.

Street fighter zero2 for ps1,Saturn,pc and ps2
Street fighter 3 for xbox and both eng and jp versions for the DC
RE2 for ps1,pc and eng and jp versions for DC

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Leondexter said:
Doom%20Collection%20sm.jpg

I also have Doom on my Doom 3 disc for the Xbox, and Doom for XBLA.
Hey, at least your not going to tell us "Yet I have never beaten Doom"

Not much. I have Left 4 Dead 1 on PC and 360, I have the PSP and PSOne versions of FF I, II and Tactics, the PS2 and PSP versions of Disgaea and that's it.

As for controllers, the 360 easily has the most: 2 regular black controllers, 1 RB2 Strat, 1 Les Paul, 1 X-Plorer, and 1 SFIV fight pad. And I still need to get a TE stick.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have 2 copies of MGS1, that's about it.

I have a couple Rock band drumsets and a few guitars piled up in my spare room. I don't have or play the games anymore but I don't have a proper way to get rid of all those controllers, I guess I should invest in an incinerator. I'd sell them but most of them are defective or worn down.

legbone

it's a four way tie between street fighter IV, metroid prime, god of war, and god of war 2.

metroid prime due to the wii collection, god of war and gow2 due to it's collection for ps3, and a copy of sfIV for 360 and one for ps3.

as for controllers, it is definitely arcade sticks. i have six different sticks. i have an hrap3, an hrap3 japanese amazon edition, a hrap ex-seimitsu edition, a madcatz SFIV tournament edition, a virtua stick high grade, and a dreamcast green goblin.

Agent X

If you're counting games that appear in compilation packs, then Centipede would be the big winner for me. I've got it for:

Atari 2600

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

PC (Atari Arcade Hits Vol. 1)
PC (Atari Anniversary Edition)
PC (Atari: 80 Classic Games in One)

Game Boy Advance (Atari Anniversary Advance)

PlayStation (Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1)
PlayStation (Atari Annversary Edition Redux)
PlayStation (Centipede)

PlayStation 2 (Atari Anthology)

PSP (Atari Classics Evolved)

I think I might have an Intellivision version lying around somewhere, too, even though I've never actually owned an Intellivision system to play it on (bought a few rare and semi-rare cartridges in a thrift store once).

As you can see above, I own three packages for PC, and three packages for PlayStation that contain Centipede. If that's not crazy enough, then I should also mention that Atari: 80 Classic Games in One on PC, Atari Anthology on PS2, and Atari Classics Evolved each contain the arcade version and the Atari 2600 version. :D

I have 3 copies of disc 1 of Final Fantasy 7. I kept losing them so I would buy disc 1 on ebay, and then I would find it shortly after it arrived.

kamspy

I have two Guncon 3's.

Paid full price for two copies of Time Crisis PS3.

I doubt they'll ever be used again. Gamestop won't take them. If someone wants 'em, PM me and send me a box and a shipping label.

AColdDay

I own three copies of Shining Force. The first is my Genesis cart with the dead battery, second is the GBA rerelease, and the third is the virtual console version.

Edit: actually it is four, I have the sega smash pack for dreamcast as well.

traveler

Not Wario
I own 3 copies of HL2 (xbox, xbox 360 orange box, pc orange box) and several extra PC copies of games I originally bought on my now defunct 360 (Orange box being one of them- Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Braid being others) but that's about it when it comes to owning multiple copies of the same game for me.

kswiston

I have 4 copies of Final Fantasy IV - SNES, PS1, GBA, and DS

Between original releases, DD versions, remakes, ports to portable systems, and compilations, I have a lot of double and triple copies of games. This has happened a lot with 8/16 bit games over the years.

I've also double dipped on a lot of steam versions of games that I own on 360. Hard to say no to a version with better IQ and additional content from modding communities for $5 or less.

Controllers: 360 is the first system I have ever owned 4 standard controllers for, so that wins. I have 2 for PS3 + a SFIV pad. For Wii, I have 3 wiimotes, 2 nunchucks, a classic pad, and two GC controllers. So depending on your definition, either Wii or 360 win. Every other system I have owned has had 2-3 controllers.

G0523

For me, I think I own plenty copies of Sonic the Hedgehog.

I have:
-The original Genesis game (with box and instruction manual).
-Sega Smash Pack for Dreamcast.
-Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox.
-Sega Genesis Collection for PSP.

The funny thing is, this wasn't intentional. Owning the original is obvious. But Sega just keeps putting Genesis collections out so frequently! I'm glad I didn't buy Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection 'cause it'd be way too redundant for me by now.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I own Sonic the Hedgehog 2 six times over:
Sonic 2 GEN
Sonic Classics GEN (Compilation w/ Sonic 1+2, Mean Bean Machine)
Sonic Mega Collection Plus XBX
Sega Genesis Collection PSP
Sonic 2 XBLA
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection X360

If the conversion's good, I might get the upcoming DS Sonic Collection too.

With the exception of Spirit Tracks, I own at least two copies of every Zelda game. Most is easily Zelda 1 NES. Between the three NES carts, Virtual Console version, Zelda Collectors Edition Gamecube, GBA version, and I'm sure others, I have a lot of versions of that game. Probably just as many for OoT as well.

I have 4 copies of Diablo 2 and its expansion Lord of Destruction.

Before Blizzard allowed you to play without a disc, I scratched up my discs so bad taking them in and out of the cd tray. I never could get enough of the diablo itch.

Wind Waker x 3

Got one in the US before it came out in Europe. Got the European one when I lost my region free loader, and finally got a 'platinum'/whatever version from Nintendo VIP after my second was smashed by a cousin.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Metal Gear: 3

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake: 2

Metal Gear Solid: 6

Metal Gear Solid 2: 8

Metal Gear Solid 3: 7

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops: 2

Metal Gear Solid 4: 6

Zone of the Enders: 2

Anubis The Second Runner: 2

:lol

Carnby

i really dont like to admit it, but i own 3 copies of The Guy Game. 2 on ps2 and 1 on xobx. the reason being i bought each for two dollars in brand new condition. i was under the impression this game was banned/rare. ...im not so sure anymore.

rj118

I've got Gunstar Heroes on XBLA and VC, as well as the GBA remake. I just need to find the original Genesis cartridge somewhere.

I also have 3 copies of Pokemon Crystal for GBC :lol

Ronabo

Puzzle Quest = PC - XBLA - DS

Pinball HOF Williams Collection - PS2 - PSP - 360

I probably own Pac-Man on a half a dozen systems.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
rj118 said:
I've got Gunstar Heroes on XBLA and VC, as well as the GBA remake. I just need to find the original Genesis cartridge somewhere.
GBA game was a completely new game, not a remake.

Half-Life 2 and Silent Hill tied with one hard copy and one digital. A friend gifted HL2 to me on Steam, but I couldn't run it very well, so I got The Orange Box when I got my PS3. As for Silent Hill, I bought a copy from a fellow gaffer, but I inadvertently warped a part of the disk. Once my friend told me it was on the PSN, I bought it. I also used to own a couple copies of the Metal Gear games, and had a original release copy of Silent Hill 2 as well as the greatest hits version before I gave the former to a friend.

I have 4 copies of GTAIV: 2 in part to black friday sales
3 copies of Bioshock: one on each platform
Peggle: iphone, PSN, PC
Metal gear solid 1: 3 copies
mgs2: 2 copies
mgs3: 3 copies
Braid: PC, PSN (due to 1/2 off sale dammit!), xbla

There are many more I'm sure these come directly to mind though,

Two more FFXII x3 : LE, International, Regular
FFVII x 4: PSN release, A green label copy, a black label copy, and last but not least a PC copy (the original not the EA classics one with the gold trim)

Controllers: 2 dual shocks, 2 sixaxis, rb1 strat, rb2 strat, GHWTar, rb2 drums, DJ turntable, the chatpad thingy, the bluetooth remote, and My Harmony One with the PS3 addon dongle.

Neo_ZX

Street Fighter Alpha 3. I don't know why but at the time it was the ultimate fighting game for me.

I had to get it for every system possible. PS1, PS2, PSP, GBA, DC.
Hell if it was released on PSN I would buy it again!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm a rabid collector, and I honestly believe buying multiple copies of something is a sickness.

That said, Actraiser and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (two of each).

Forkball

I had three copies of MVP Baseball 2005 for the PS2 because my PS2 was going crazy and kept scratching the hell out of my discs until it finally broke for good.

Firestorm

I don't own many multiples, but:

Sonic 3 on Genesis
Sonic 3 & Knuckles Collection on PC
Sonic Mega Collection on GCN
Sonic 3 on XBLA

That's probably the most.

I used to have a few different versions of MGS2 and 3. Until one day I looked at my collection, asked myself, "WHY?" and sold them. Since I have the 3 box set they released a couple years ago for the PS2, having multiple versions just seemed silly.

Susurrus

Final Fantasy XI
-PC (original purchase)
-PC (wanted to play and wasn't going to have access to discs for several months...)
-PS2 (to be fair, this was primarily for the hard drive)
-PC (Japanese version!)
-360 (wanted to play on console for a while and PS2 ver gives me a headache...went back to PC after about 2 weeks...)
-PC (Steam-includes everything and I didn't own the last add-on yet anyway...no discs ftw)

2nd place:
Sonic 1
-Genesis standalone
-Genesis 6-in-1 (bought for Columns, I swear :lol )
-Sonic Mega Collection on Gamecube
-XBLA
-Sonic's Genesis Collection on PS3

3rd place:
Sonic 2,3,K
-See Sonic 1 minus the 6-in-1 cart

Top Bottom