• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you own the most of? (Subcategory: Controllers)

Mael

Segata Sanshiro said:
Final Fantasy IV.

FFII SNS
FFIV SFC
FFIV Easy Type SFC
FF Chronicles PSX USA
FFIV PSX JP
FF Collection PSX JP
FFIV WSC
FFIV GBA USA
FFIV GBA JP
FFIV GBA EU
FFIV DS USA
FFIV DS JP

I should get the Euro DS version, I think that would give me the whole set. Or wait, I think there was a Euro version of the PSX port, right?
You're missing FFIV GBA (USA) after the bug was fixed or the horrible broken mess of the first batch

FFIV was definitely released as a standalone for the EU on the ps1
false edit : my memory sucks, it was in Chronicles.
With that version you can open the disc tray (or whatever) and keep playing until you need to save (yes the game NEVER loads, even for battles and the menu).
That's the way to go if you ask me (if you hate the GBA that is).
The translation is the same as the US version too.
that's it for the info you never asked.

LAMBO

TRIBES. I was a beta tester and after the game was released they mailed me 4 copies for some reason. During that one week, every time i looked in the mail there was another copy sitting there!

Mael said:
You're missing FFIV GBA (USA) after the bug was fixed or the horrible broken mess of the first batch

FFIV was definitely released as a standalone for the EU on the ps1
false edit : my memory sucks, it was in Chronicles.
If you're going to get into verison 1.1s you can say the same is also true for the Japanese version. Besides, the EU version has the bugfix anyway (sometimes waiting 7 months isn't so bad).

Europe never got FF Chonicles. It was FFVI that was standalone (with an FFX Demo). FFIV was instead part of the EU version FF Anthology (hence FFVI being made stand-alone...the manual for that one is full of loads of errors).

Starwolf_UK said:
If you're going to get into verison 1.1s you can say the same is also true for the Japanese version. Besides, the EU version has the bugfix anyway (sometimes waiting 7 months isn't so bad).

Europe never got FF Chonicles. It was FFVI that was standalone (with an FFX Demo). FFIV was instead part of the EU version FF Anthology (hence FFVI being made stand-alone...the manual for that one is full of loads of errors).

I thought both FF V and FF VI were standalone PSX titles in EU? I could have sworn I own sealed copies of both, but perhaps that's just FF VI that I own two copies of in EU.

stupei

I have a lot of duplicates but nothing more than that.

Final Fantasy Tactics for PS1 and PSP.

Theme Park for PS1 and DS.

Trauma Center for DS and Wii. (I mean, it's sort of technically a different game? But not really.)

Rhythm Heaven DS twice. (Japanese and English)

Got Sam and Max Season One for Wii and then on XBLA for the better framerate. (My Mac is pre-Intel, unfortunately.)

Chrono Trigger for SNES and DS.

I had three copies of Persona 3 (one of the original release and two of FES) but I traded one on Goozex. I only had it because I accidentally left my copy of FES at a relative's house and they were taking forever sending it to me and by then it was $20 so I went ahead and bought another copy so I could finish the game up.

And I have four PS2 controllers.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that I have like three copies of Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones because the battery keeps dying due to how frequently the game saves.

stupei

GKANG said:
To be a little different, I actually have three new copies of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for Wii.

Yeah.

That game can be pretty hard to find now, so I'm kind of torn between disliking you and being very impressed.

xSL4INx

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - GBA, PS1, PSP

Other than that, a handful of duplicates alongside games I own two of the same of.

Rich!

Well.

Wario Land 1 - GBC - lost at school when I was much, much younger. Had to buy another purely because it's quite simply, one of the finest platform games ever made.

Wario Land 3 - GBC - Had to buy another copy after the first unknowingly fell out of my pocket, into a puddle on the pavement, then ran over by my Dad's 4x4 pickup truck. Needless to say, it didn't work after that.

Zelda: Link to the Past - SNES - Was the second game I ever got for the SNES, took AGES to complete. Ended up getting destroyed when my dumbass brother decided to try out all of my SNES games on top of an Action Replay cartridge in my N64. I lost half my collection as well as my N64 console. Was not impressed. Either way, that resulted in me having to buy another copy of Zelda. I bought the port on the GBA, and I've bought it on the virtual console. Altogether, I've bought it 4 times.

I've also bought the wind waker twice (found a brand new wind waker/gamecube bundle for £15, couldn't resist). And both my original copy of Wind Waker and the bundle edition came with Ocarina of Time and Master Quest, IIRC. So, together with the N64 versions I had (the original gold cartridge v1.0 with red blood and original fire temple music was one!), and the virtual console version, I've technically bought OOT 5 times.

Not 100% sure but it's probably Sonic 1. As far as controllers go, probably the Dual Shock 2. There are at least 7 around the house, closely followed by the original Dual Shock. Probably have 5 or 6 of those.

eznark

Banned
Peggle.

PC, two copies on DS, PS3, 360, iPhone

Honestly, I don't even like the game that much. I also have Madden 08 on DS/PSP/360/Wii.

Only game that I actually own multiple copies of is CoD4 (360 and PC). I have double dipped on games I used to own when they go on sale on PC (like Mass Effect, Orange Box, Left for Dead, Bioshock) but only after I got rid of the 360 version.

Controllers: 360 pads, bought 4 wireless because we always used to play halo 1/2 at a buddies place so figured I would need them, but physically gaming in the same room as my friends is a rare occurrence. Also have a wired one for my PC/PS3, so thats 5 total.

EDIT: Actually, have both the PSP and XBLA copy of Puzzle Quest challenge of the Warlords, but the PSP copy isnt on my main account, so it doesnt get played.

vid

Hm. Currently, it's tied between Myst and Metal Gear Solid 2...

Metal Gear Solid 2:
MGS2: Sons of Liberty (PS2), MGS2: Substance (PS2), MGS2: Substance (Xbox)

Myst:
Myst Masterpiece Edition DVD (PC/Mac), Myst (Saturn), Myst (iPhone)

However, before it's over, I'm pretty much obligated to pick up...

MGS2: Substance from the Essentials Collection (PS2), MGS2 (PC), and if you wanted to count it (I don't), Document of MGS2. So that'll take the MGS2 collection up to five total...

Meanwhile, on the Myst front... I'll be getting Myst at least one more time from GOG, and if you want to count the 3D remake, I'll also be picking up realMYST from GOG as well as trying to replace my physical disc for that game, so that'll be up to four copies of the original Myst, six copies of Myst total.

These obsessions... they are unhealthy...

squall211

Interesting question. I'm guessing Final Fantasy IV. I have the GBA, PS1, and DS versions of it. I will probably end up having 3 versions of Persona 3 as well when the PSP version comes out.

I have two copies of Ocarina of Time (Collector's Edition and Master Quest, both for GC) and two copies of Majora's Mask (VC and Collector's Edition). Wouldn't really do it for any other games, the Ocarina one kinda happened by accident and the VC version of Majora was justified due to the dodgy emulation on the CE disc.

Dacvak said:
I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to find the hidden message in that.

Hah, once I started on my list of games I own multiple copies of, I couldn't stop until I got to the end of my games list... :)

cramcakes

Orange box on PC and 360
Half Life 2 stand alone on Xbox.

Max Payne 1 on PC and Xbox.

At one point I had 4 copies of Phoenix Wright. I got caught up in the reissue madness and ordered it on different websites. Tried to cancel the extras once I got the first notification that one was shipping. :lol

Sonic 1. Sad thing is I've never gotten past the 2nd world.

Controller would be 360. I don't even really know how many I own now, always get em all mixed up with friend'es.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I have roughly 75 copies of Super Mario Bros.

(Long, long story... five cents each, ideas for projects...)

I have six Wavebirds, so that might be the limit for me.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I've got five copies of Valkyrie Profile. Three copies of the original PSX version, two copies of VP: Lenneth.

I didn't even make any real effort to acquire them. It just sort of happened.

I also have both the 360 and PS3 versions of Enchanted Arms for absolutely no good goddamn reason.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have 3 copies of Sonic Adventure if you count DX...

I own FFIV for the SNES, GBA, and DS, though you can say they aren't really the same game sort of...

I also have LoZ:OoT 3 times over. Master Quest, Collection, and VC.

I somehow have 3 copies of Bioshock even though I don't really like the game. A 360 version (I lent it to a friend, most likely will let him keep it), a PC version (Bought it a Target for $5 for someone, they didn't want it after I got it), and on Steam as part of a Take Two collection.

Most of the times I get rid of an old version once I have a new one. Like I have HAD pacman on 8 Different Systems over the years, but now only have the 360 Namco Collection.

For Controllers, I have 5 for the gamecube (2 wired, 3 wavebird), 4 for the 360 (3 white, 1 black), to many for the Genesis (I rarely use the damn thing, but I must own at least 5 controllers for it), I have 3 NES Zappers (One Grey, 2 Orange), I think I have 7 N64 Controllers right now.

I have six Wavebirds, so that might be the limit for me.
Where did you get them for $.05 each? I would buy 75 my self for that price if I could do nothing else but stack them up and look at them in awe.

Wait, just remembered! I have 5 Copies of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn! My own copy, 3 like new copies that I got for $10 each, and a factory sealed copy that I also got for $10. I'm saving them for when copies inflate in value, and I can buy my Super Wii with them. (I had a total of 15 copies, but I sold most of them to buy a 360, and gave a few away for free/at cost.

Cetra

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. PS1 copy, Dracula X Chronicles version on PSP, XBLA version, and the PSone Originals version on PS3.

Cday

Banned
Probably the original pokemon games. (2 Reds, 1 Blue, 1 Yellow)

Also have starcraft 64 (which is both the original and brood war) and the starcraft battlechest for PC.

Mass Effect (360/PC)

Fallout 3 (360/Steam) well not anymore since I gave my 360 copy to a friend.

3 versions of Freedom Fighters (PS2, Xbox, Gamecube). I have no idea why.

Gameboy Color Perfect Dark and N64 Perfect Dark. Doesn't really count since they are totally different games but heh.

MGrant

Mass Effect. I've got the PC Disc Version, Steam Version, and the Xbox 360 version. AS far as controllers go, it's definitely the Wii, if you count the classic controllers and whatnot. Otherwise, I've got 5 N64 controllers.

Eliciel

I have 2 Versions of FF X.. i had to rebuy because I thought I'd lost it ..but then it reappeared in my box of pandora :D

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Drkirby said:
Where did you get them for $.05 each? I would buy 75 my self for that price if I could do nothing else but stack them up and look at them in awe.

I think it was about six or so years ago at Funcoland, just before they all became Gamestops.

Or something like that.

I need to figure out where I put them...

Kuraudo

Banned
RE4 GC and PS2.
FFIV PS1 and DS.
FFXI Vanadiel Collection and Starter Pack.
FFXII JP and EU.
Dissidia JP and EU.
Dirge of Cerberus JP and EU (no idea what possessed me to buy this again)
Kingdom Hearts II JP and EU.
TWEWY JP AND NA.

Don't think I have more than two of anything.

Fake edit: Wait! I have Tekken 5, Dark Resurrection and Dark Resurrection Online!

Frawdder

I have a three way tie:

Steam and Disc version of KOTOR
Steam and Disc version of Company Of Heroes
2 Disc copies of Medieval II: Total War and Kingdoms - First disc went corrupt and I had an urge to play it, so I bought it again.

As for controllers it's a two way tie:

2 PS3 controllers
2 NES controllers

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Empty said:
Peggle on PC, Mac, XBLA and Ipod Touch.

PC, Mac, Ipod touch, DS for me.

And for controllers, gamecube - four controller ports was a genius move to sell accessories

Trickster

Halo 3 - Legendary edition & Collectors edition

Mass Effect - Xbox 360 version & steam version

Forza 3 - Limited Edition and Normal

Regret buying the the halo 3 legendary edition and the normal forza 3 edtion, wasted money pretty much:lol

Doom%20Collection%20sm.jpg

I also have Doom on my Doom 3 disc for the Xbox, and Doom for XBLA.

Fallout 1 and 2: original cds, the euro dvd release, and the fallout trilogy american release.

X-Com ufo defense:(PSX, Windows Collectors Edition, Steam)

Doom: (PSX, Ultimate Doom Collection PC, Steam, XBLA)

stonedwal

- Metal Gear Solid 4 - PAL Promo, PAL Special Edition, Asian Standard, NTSC-J Special Edition, NTSC-U Special Edition.
- Metal Gear Solid 2 - 2x PAL Sons of Liberty, PAL Substance, NTSC-U Substance (Essentials version)
- Metal Gear Solid 3 - PAL Snake Eater, PAL Subsistence, NTSC-U Subsistence (Essentials)
- Metal Gear Solid - PAL, NTSC-U, NTSC-U (Essentials)
- Halo 3 - Standard, Collectors, Legendary
- Resident Evil 2 - DC, GC, N64
- Resident Evil 4 - GC, PS2, Wii
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64, GC (Master Quest), GC (Collection)
- Shenmue - PAL, NTSC-J Standard, NTSC-J Limited
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2, PC, Xbox
- Mega Man: Star Force - Leo, Dragon, Pegasus
- Metroid Prime - GC 1st release, GC w/ Prime 2 Demo, Wii Trilogy Release

There are a lot of cases where we have multiples due to my fiancee and I doubling up on things.

DavidDayton said:

Are they Super Mario Bros or Super Mario Bros and Duckhunt.

If the project was to see what kinds of abuse a cartridge can survive then someone has beaten you to it. I guess you could still use them as casing for portable hard drives.

Speaking of which I guess I have two copies of Super Mario Bros. Super Mario Bros DX and Super Mario Bros and Duckhunt.

2San

Well buying 2 games just seems a waste of money to me, it's not like there is a lack of good games coming out.

I own FFX double, but that's because the first one broke together with my ps2 from a certain height. I got a new PS2, because I still had a warranty. It's funny how anal they are with warranties these days.

MiriamV

Neo Member
I own 2 copies of Oblivion. The regular edition I bought on release day for the PC, but at the moment it runs badly on my PC. Worse then whe I bought it, and my PC has been upgraded several time since :lol Even a completely clean reinstall gives me 9 FPS.
So when we recently bought our second Xbox 360 (the first one is my hubbie's, this one is for me) the first game I bought was the GotY edition of Oblivion.

I also own 2 copies of guild Wars Prophesies. Before we had the extra storage panes the only way to store stuff was with a second account, so I picked up a second copy during a sale for a tenner a few years ago.

I have rebought some games I traded in before, but I try not to buy multiple copies of one game unless it's for a family member, it seems a bit of a waste of money.

If you take about how any copies we have have of one game in our household though, it becomes a different story.
We have 3 accounts for several MMOs (5 for Guild Wars because of before mentioned storage) and my daughter an I each own a copy of Pokemon Diamond, Animal Crossing, Final Fanasy III, Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky.

Booshka

I have 5 copies of Shadowrun for 360. Hardly any of my friends have it, so I'll always be the one to try and get a LAN going with it. If it comes out on Games on Demand, and it's $20 or less, I'll probably get it there too.

I also have like two or three Fable's, I still don't know why, I think one is my friends, and the other is Lost Chapters (don't know where it came from), then the other is the original I bought.

Top Bottom