• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game do you own the most of? (Subcategory: Controllers)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Actual copies, virtual copies, ports and reiterations on different systems - What game do you own the most of?

For me, it's Melee. I have about 6 copies of it. The reason being is because it's my favorite game and, as a competitive smasher, I typically buy it anywhere I come across it for around 10-15 bucks.

2nd place is Peggle. I own a copy on my PC (2 if you count the one I bought for my mom), a copy on my DS ,a copy on my iPod Classic, and a copy on my iPhone. It's probably not even in my top 40 games, but it's a great time waster, so it's nice to have on me no matter what the situation.

Subcategory: What controller do you own the most of?
Not surprisingly, I have a truly disturbing number of GameCube controllers. I make it a point to buy them up whenever I see one at a shop (as long as it's in good condition). I figure that Nintendo will stop making controllers eventually, and I've certainly had plenty wear out on me, so I'm just preparing for the very distant future. I currently own around 20 GameCube controllers.

And you?

RPGManiac

Banned
Ocarina of Time for me: N64 cartridge and on Zelda Collector's Edition
Edit: I also have 2 copies of Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes as well

Dreavus

RPGManiac said:
Ocarina of Time for me: N64 cartridge and on Zelda Collector's Edition

Ditto.

I wish I had something more exciting to say but... those are the only doubles I've got of any game. :lol

sinxtanx

All my games share first place at one copy.
I've never had more than two controllers for any console, but I only have one for my Ps3.
If you count PsOne controllers together with Ps2 controllers, you could say I have four of those (out of which two are still in functioning condition).

upandaway

Well, uh, Metroid Prime Trilogy. I own each game twice.

Yeah that's about it. With how much extra I need to pay for each game it's not really instinctive to buy it more than once.

Ocarina of Time on cartridge, WW bonusdisc, Zelda Collector's Edition disc and VC.
And it's not even my favorite Zelda.

Two games I have spare sealed copies of: Shadow of the Colossus and Okami PS2.

this gen it's rainbow six vegas (1 and 2).. played it on two consoles with different friends.

if it's a series: mario.. i have a lot of mario games from nes on.. no, from donkey kong on..

Red Scarlet

9 versions of Final Fantasy 4.

SNES, Japanese PS1, PS1, Wonderswan Color, Easytype SFC cart, SFC cart (usually called hardtype), Japanese GBA, GBA, Japanese DS.

2nd place is 8 versions of FF1 (NES, Japanese PS1, PS1, Wonderswan Color, Japanese GBA, GBA, Famicom, 1+2 cart on Famicom).

Subcategory: Controllers that work on my PS1..I think I have about 4 PS1 controllers and 4 PS2 controllers that work on my PS1 (though half of the PS2 controllers don't really actually work anymore).

I have 4 copies of Indigo Prophecy. 1 digital, two new sealed copies for xbox (pictured) that I got at Amazon last week for $9 a piece! If you want a new copy before Heavy Rain comes out don't miss out. And one copy opened on XBOX.

4292007052_8b04cc700d.jpg

I also own The Legend of Zelda for NES, LOZ: Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time x3 through gamecube discs, n64 carts, and virtual console.

And Time Splitters 2 and 3 on both PS2 and Xbox.

Finally I own 3 Legendary editions of Halo 3, 2 are new and sealed that I got from NewEgg.com for $40. I bought one at launch for $130... That is what happens when you are working the GameStop midnight release and there is one left over that you get talked into buying...

Edit: And for controllers I have 8 Dreamcast controllers... You know, just in case I need to hook up 2 DCs and play some 4 player NFL blitz on two tvs.

Cynaith

Morrowind. Original and GOTY on Xbox. PC GAMER Classics original, GOTY and the Steam version on PC.

I couldn't resist it in the Steam sale, as it's probably my favourite game ever. Or at least my favourite game-world.

Paracelsus

Two copies of FFVII (black label and platinum), two of Wind Waker (NTSC-U and PAL) and two of FFXI (I lost the codes of my first copy >_>).

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Red Scarlet said:
9 versions of Final Fantasy 4.

SNES, Japanese PS1, PS1, Wonderswan Color, Easytype SFC cart, SFC cart (usually called hardtype), Japanese GBA, GBA, Japanese DS.

2nd place is 8 versions of FF1 (NES, Japanese PS1, PS1, Wonderswan Color, Japanese GBA, GBA, Famicom, 1+2 cart on Famicom).

Subcategory: Controllers that work on my PS1..I think I have about 4 PS1 controllers and 4 PS2 controllers that work on my PS1 (though half of the PS2 controllers don't really actually work anymore).
Fuck yes. I love those versions. First time I beat FF2 was on my Wonderswan.

Nice FF collection. Just out of curiosity, what versions of the other FF games do you have?

Also, you're in the lead.

Peggle on PC, XBLA, and iPod.

Puzzle Quest on XBLA and PSP.

Worms: Armageddon on DC and PC.

SimCity on iPhone and SimCity 3000 on PC (Pretty much the same game)

Civ Rev on DS and iPhone

Pretty much portable time wasters I buy multiple copies of. Never on full retail games.

pmj

I don't think I've ever had more than one copy of a game, but I do have five Saturn USB controllers.

so1337

I own 4 copies of RE4. Played through it around 10 times and invested countless hours into Mercenaries.

I own 3 copies of Pikmin. Never finished that game.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Stuff I currently have lying around: Two copies of GTA IV. (360 and PS3)

I have Broken Sword 2 probably 3-4 times, because it was often included in those "Big Game Boxes" that you can buy (or could buy) in Germany. Other cheap games that were always thrown in were games such as The Red Baron and other cheap flying games. I probably own those kind of games a few times. ;-)

Red Scarlet

Dacvak said:
Fuck yes. I love those versions. First time I beat FF2 was on my Wonderswan.

Nice FF collection. Just out of curiosity, what versions of the other FF games do you have?

Also, you're in the lead.

50 I think.

FF1: NES, Wonderswan Color (box set), Japanese PS1, PS1, Japanese GBA, GBA, Famicom, 1+2 cart. (8)

FF2: Wonderswan Color, Japanese PS1, PS1, Japanese GBA, GBA, Famicom, 1+2 cart. (7)

FF3: Famicom, Japanese DS. (2)

FF4: SNES, Japanese PS1, PS1, Wonderswan Color, Easytype SFC cart, SFC cart (usually called hardtype), Japanese GBA, GBA, Japanese DS. (9)

FF5: SFC, Japanese PS1, PS1, Japanese GBA. (4)

FF6: SNES, SFC, PS1, Japanese GBA. (4)

olllllllld outdated picture:
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/ff1-6.png

FF7: Japanese PS1, PS1, International (PS1 Books). Sold my GH one. (3)

FF8: Japanese PS1, PS1. (2)

FF9: Japanese PS1, PS1. (2)

FF10: PS2, International (Asian), Japanese PS2. (3)

FFX2: Japanese PS2, PS2, International (Asian). (3)

FF12: Japanese PS2, International (Japanese). (2)

49? Yeah, since I sold the GH FF7 I guess. If FF Tactics counts too, I have 4 of that (Japanese PS1, PS1, Millennium Collection, Greatest Hits sealed).

ollllllld outdated picture:
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/ff7-x2.png

I had three copies of Street Fighter IV across the platforms, now down to two.

I have two copies of The Orange Box, will get it for playstation when I can.

I had three copies of Call of Duty 4.

My list isn't that impressive :(

klee123

Resident evil 3 nemesis: JPN PSone, PAL PSone, US DC, JPN DC, PC, US Gamecube, JPN PSN and US PSN

Controllers: PS2 controllers. I own 8 of them. Obtained a 2 PAL, 2 US and 2 JPN PS2s and bought 2 myself during the first 2 years on the PS2's life.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
If you count Sega CD, Saturn, Playstation, and PSP, I have 7 versions of Lunar Silver Star/Silver Star Story.

I also own 4 versions of the 1st Sakura Taisen if you count Saturn, Dreamcast, PSP, and the PS2 version.

Dacvak

Kadey said:
I guess you can say controllers. I have 300+ controllers across many platforms.
Your whole collection is disgusting. You probably have more duplicate systems than anyone has games.

Games: I have two copies of a couple of games, but there aren't many I have more than two of, particularly of releases for a single platform...

For instance, I have two copies of Star Wars: Rebel Assault for the PC and one copy for the Sega CD, but does that count as three considering that it's across two platforms?

I also have two copies of Micro Machines (for the Game Boy), plus Micro Machines 1&2: Twin Turbo for the Game Boy Color, which includes a colorized and slightly altered version of Micro Machines 1... (the link-cable multiplayer mode that was the reason I have two copies of the B&W game was removed) that could count, I guess, though Twin Turbo is GBC only so it kind of doesn't, considering that the GB and GBC sort of are different systems. But across platforms it is three.

I also technically have three copies of the base Disciples 2 campaign, once from m yoriginal boxed copy of Disciples 2, once from the second expansion, Disciples 2: Rise of the Elves, which was stand-alone and included the original campaign in the box, and once from the Disciples Gold Pack I got on Steam (for the first expansion, which I had not previously had) and gave me a third copy of the Disciples 2 campaign and a second copy of the Rise of the Elves one.

I also have three copies of Hydro Thunder, on N64, Dreamcast, and Gamecube (the latter in Midway Arcade Treasures 3).

Games I have two copies of for whatever reason, including two copies on one platform or copies of the same game on multiple platforms, include Battle Arena Toshinden (Game Boy, for link play); Super R.C. Pro-Am (Game Boy, for link play); Micro Machines 2 (in Twin Turbo on GBC for one copy and on the PC for the other copy); F-Zero (SNES) (I just have two working copies of the cart); Descent (PC) (once from the Interplay's 15th Anniversary Collection, once from the PC Gamer Classic Games Collection Vol. 1); Star Wars: TIE Fighter CD-ROM Collection / TIE Fighter '95, if you count them as the same game (really they're slightly different versions of the same game and are not entirely identical) (once, the DOS version, from Lucasarts Archives II; the other, the Win95 version, from Lucasarts Archives IV); Daytona USA (Sega Saturn) (once from the 3-in-1 collection, once included with a batch of games I got online.); Virtua Cop (Sega Saturn) (same reason as Daytona USA); Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (TurboGrafx-16) (one copy came with the first TG16 I got, another with the second...); Taking it To the Hoop (TG-16) (same as reason Keith Courage), Rally Championship (Network-Q RAC Rally Championship) (PC) (first copy I got in the box, the second copy came in a racing game collection I bought for the other titles); Hardball III (I have it for PC and Sega Genesis); Pac-Man (on Game Gear and in Namco Museum on the Xbox); Baldur's Gate II (PC) (got second copy because one disc of my first copy had failed); Starcraft (PC) (got second copy because the disc wouldn't install anymore and I needed to install the game on a new machine); Lodestar: The Legend of Tully Bodine (Sega CD) (got second copy because the first one had gotten scratched and wouldn't play properly anymore); Commander Keens 1-3 (first copy from registered shareware on floppy disk, second from Steam (that I bought in order to get CK5, which I hadn't had before); The Longest Journey (the first time on its own on 4 CDs, the second included in the Dreamfall Game of the Year Edition on a DVD); Driver (on PC and PSX); Extreme-G 2 (for PC and N64); Goemon's Great Adventure (N64) (have two working copies); Grandia (for Saturn (JP import) and PSX (US version)); Quest for Glory: So You Want To Be A Hero (VGA) (original standalone version and the version packed in the Quest for Glory: Collection Series box); King's Quest I (one from the PC Gamer Classic Game Collection, one from the King's Quest 10th Anniversary Collection); King's Quest V (one original boxed copy, one in the King's Quest 10th Anniversary Collection); The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES and GBA); Lemmings (PC) (one original boxed DOS copy, one Win95 port included in Lemmings Paintball); Lords of the Realm II (one original boxed copy, one copy included with the Lords Royal Collection); Lunar 1, sort of (I have the PSX SSSC version and the GBA Lunar Legend version); MDK (PC and PSX); MechWarrior 2 (PC Win95 and Saturn); Mega Man X (PC and SNES); Micro Machines V3 / 64 Turbo (GBC and N64); NBA Jam T.E. (GB and SNES); NHL '96 (SNES and Genesis); NiGHTS into Dreams... (Saturn) (once stand-alone before I had the system, then again with the Saturn I got); Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (PC (Steam sale) and PS2); OutRun (SMS and Genesis); Panzer Dragoon (PC and Saturn); Re-Volt (N64 and Dreamcast); Samurai Shodown (GB and Genesis); San Francisco Rush: Extreme Racing / San Francisco Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition (N64 / Arcade port in Midway Arcade Treasures 3); Civilization II and both of its expansion packs, Conflicts in Civilization and Forgotten Worlds (original PC versions and (PC) Gold Multiplayer Edition, though GME does not have all of the content from the original versions (it is missing two thirds of the music) so the originals do still have value even with the GME); Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (PC and N64); Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness and expansion Beyond the Dark Portal (original versions and Battle.Net Edition); Wing Commander: The Secret Missions (PC and SNES)... and perhaps some I'm forgetting.

I sort of also have two copies of Betrayal at Krondor because I have one copy of the CD version and one copy of the freeware floppy disc version from the PC Gamer Classic Game Collection 1, if that counts.

As for controllers, the system I have the most controllers for is the PC. Not counting keyboards and mice, I have two working joysticks (a Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro and a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro), the latter with the USB adapter so I can use it on my newer computer which has no gameport; three working gameport gamepads, a Capcom PC Fighter 6, MS Sidewinder Gamepad, and a Gravis Gamepad (original kind); and two broken, nonfunctional gamepads I've held on to, a Gravis Xterminator and a Saitek P880.

For consoles the winner is the Gamecube, for which I have four working controllers and one broken one. The working ones are three official ones (black, orange, and purple), one working Mad Catz pad, and one broken official black pad.

There's a four way tie for the next spot. I have four controllers each for the SNES (two official, two no-name third party, with a Super Multitap to use them with), N64 (all official; two grey, two atomic purple), Sega Genesis (two official 6-button controllers, original style, one no-name third party 6-button controller, and 1 official 6-button turbo arcade stick, with both a EA 4-Way Play and Sega Team Tap (model 2) to use them with), and Sega Dreamcast (two official pads, one Interact, and one Mad Catz, all working).

For other consoles I have between one and three controllers.

Dacvak

A Black Falcon said:
*enormous amount of text*
I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to find the hidden message in that.

Mael

No question it's Ocarina of Time :
Original Cart + Zelda WW's disk + Zelda Collection disc
that makes it 3

Funny thing is that Metroid 1 should not be very far :
Metroid Prime on GC + Metroid Zero Mission .... makes it 2, I expected to have more than that...

Oh yeah and :
Romancing Saga (SFC + PS2)
FFIV (GBA + DS)
FFV (SFC + GBA)
FFVI (SNES + GBA)
Seiken Densetsu (GB + GBA)
Resident Evil 4 (GC + Wii)
Metroid Prime (GC + Wii)
Metroid Prime 2 (GC + Wii)
Metroid Prime 3 (Wii +... Wii)
Super Mario Bros 1/2 (SNES + Wii)
Majora's Mask (n64 + GC)

I guess it covers it.... unless you count virtual console....
Super Metroid (SNES + Wii)
Super Castrelvania 4 (SNES + Wii)
Super Mario RPG (SNES (a bitch to find and an ever bigger bitch to make it play...stupid region lock) + Wii)

Controllers :
Wii

I mean I have
4 wiimotes (1 white without the condom, another with it and 2 blacks),
3 nunchucks (1 white, 2 blacks),
2 Classic Controllers (a normal and a Pro)
4 Wii Motion Plus (2 blacks, 2 whites)
1 ballance board
2 Gamecube controllers (2 blacks, my gc was black)
1 Zapper (that is lost somewhere at home)

Seriously I'm aware that it's pretty much a laundry list of accessories, the space it takes is bothersome

andymcc

Banned
i own lots of multiple copies, whether it be ports or Japanese/US versions of the same game. i think the one I own the most of off the top of my head is Castlevania: SotN. I own one for PS, one for Saturn, one for XBLA, one for PSP and the PS Classic one from PSN.

i own the most controllers for Sega Dreamcast. Of the standard controller, I own about 8 or 9.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
4 Copies of Bioshock, 2 for PC, 1 for 360 and 1 for PS3

Bioshock ended up costing me around $400's in the end, not sure why I did it but I purchased the limited edition 360 plate for around $180's and now it's just sitting in it's box :-(

4 Copies of Orange Box, 2 for PC, 1 for 360 and 1 for PS3

2 Copies of Mirrors Edge, PC and PS3

That's about as extravagant as it gets I'm afraid.

Rapstah

I own three copies of Guitar Hero 3 for different systems (only one guitar though, the game's pretty damn cheap without guitars), four copies of Half-Life 2 because of various bundles and two copies of Company of Heroes because my brother wanted to play LAN games with me. A shame the game apparently randomly crashes on 64-bit systems. :(

Balboa

I have 2 copies of Metal Gear Solid, 1 is Twin Snakes on Gamecube and the other was downloaded from the PS Store.......and that's it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I have 8 copies of Diablo 2.

I had a friend who constantly stole my CD-keys when he needed another mule char when he was too lazy to go buy a new copy of the game. So later he'd just give me a new copy with a new CD-key. He was quite the fanatic. But at the end of the day, here I am with 8 boxed version of Diablo 2 and 1 working CD-key.

Rapstah

Balboa said:
I have 2 copies of Metal Gear Solid, 1 is Twin Snakes on Gamecube and the other was downloaded from the PS Store.......and that's it.
This can't count. If the games have different content you're allowed to do this. This is how I justify owning Tekken 5 on both PSP and PS3 without playing either. :(

3 copies of Pikmin. 2 on Gamecube (bought a second one for the Club Nintendo code*), 1 on Wii.

2 Copies of Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits (the second copy was 97p; it was bought because I needed a case to put Another Code into).

2 Copies of Tetris (this one is easy to guess, it was the game bundled with Game Boy hardware).

2 copies of Geometry Wars: Galaxies (got DS one first, found Wii one cheap so got that too and unlocked the bonus levels).

Oh yeah Zelda Collection stuff...that makes 3 copies of OOT and 2 of Majora's Mask. Speaking of Zelda does Link's Awakening DX count as being the same as Link's Awakening (if so thats 2 of those). Oh yeah Metroid 1 (Zero Mission and Prime).

For the record I class Final Fantasy IV DS as being a different game to Final Fantasy IV Advance (much like Metroid 1 is classed as being a different game to Metroid Zero Mission)

*-In hindsight this was completely unnecessary, currently I've got 5000 stars sitting vacant as there is nothing I want on the stars catalogue (
plus another 7000 not registered yet simply because I don't want to see the points expire and be forced to buy more junk than I have to
)

Controllers. 3xOfficial Gamecube Controller (4 if include Wavebird). Other systems are 2 at most of the same type of controller (offical, 3rd party etc).

Final Fantasy IV.

FFII SNS
FFIV SFC
FFIV Easy Type SFC
FF Chronicles PSX USA
FFIV PSX JP
FF Collection PSX JP
FFIV WSC
FFIV GBA USA
FFIV GBA JP
FFIV GBA EU
FFIV DS USA
FFIV DS JP

I should get the Euro DS version, I think that would give me the whole set. Or wait, I think there was a Euro version of the PSX port, right?

Funny thing is, it's not even in my top three FFs.

Oh, and controllers... PS1 x 5, Dreamcast x 5, N64 x 4. I guess I have five NES controllers now, too.

Kishgal

Banned
Hmm. It's either FF1 or DQ5.

FF1: NES, MSX, PS1 JP, PS1 US, WSC, GBA, PSP.
DQ5: 2 SFC, 2 PS2, DS US, DS JP.

Looks like it's FF1.

Edit: Wait, I think both of those lose to Ys 1.

Ys 1 MSX
Ys 1 PC98
Ys 1 FC
Ys Book 1&2 PCECD JP
Ys Book 1&2 TGCD US
Ys Eternal PC
Ys 1&2 Chronicles PC
Ys Eternal Story PS2
Ys 1 DS
Legacy of Ys DS
Ys 1&2 Chronicles PSP
Falcom Classics Saturn

I got 3 versions of WoW and i never got over lvl 25. :lol

First time i got bored, sold my username and stuff to my cousin, same with the second time where i gave it to a girls i knows kid. This third one i played a little on and got bored again.

Dont know why i keep buying this shit, I tried getting addicted so many times but no success.

Sonic 1, easily.

original pal copy from when I was a child
original pal copy from buying a 2nd megadrive
imported japanese copy with the extra effects
xbla version
(soon to own) iPhone megadrive collection version

I use to also own SMC on cube which had multiple versions of sonic 1 on it, so yeah :lol

Runner up is V-Rally 2 on both ps1 and pc, they vary a little but each version has the same content.

Top Bottom