• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
What led you to suspect Pandas and Flush?

Mostly gut, but reactions played a factor. Flatearthpandas immediately voted me after the initial claim before rapidly switching back on Charleston, which rubbed me the wrong way.

Flush was due in part to Dusk's read list, Sept's own reads, as well as the general activity on day one. More importantly, he was part of the last minute bandwagon on Dusk AFTER he had 6 votes to Seath's 5.

That being said, I took a gamble that, since Dusk was town, that scum would chose to have their vote on a totally different person than the guy who was just killed.

Yes, we clearly have a different play style philosophy. But if you're aligned with Town, we're on the same team. I am claiming Town alignment. I would be more than happy to hunt scum with you.

I want to hear everyone's reads on who may be mafia/town/neutral. I was going to call out low contribution users by name, but the list came close to approaching "everybody", so let's just go with that.

Ynnny, panda is not currently struck out in the OP. Or my screen is not refreshing properly.

Thanks weemad :> OP updated!

Trigger

I want to hear everyone's reads on who may be mafia/town/neutral. I was going to call out low contribution users by name, but the list came close to approaching "everybody", so let's just go with that.

I've already posted who I'm suspicious of. The only person I'm leaning neutral on is possibly Seath. His obvious breadcrumbs are too bold to be scum, but don't seem very town friendly. It's like he has another goal. I'll put you and Darryl on my "most likely town" list. TerraSeptimus (because their claims are linked) and Fireblend are people I lean town on as well, but not as much. Lone_Prodigy and Euphemism are null reads for me right now.

If you're going to ask for reads you should probably post your own first.

Mostly gut, but reactions played a factor. Flatearthpandas immediately voted me after the initial claim before rapidly switching back on Charleston, which rubbed me the wrong way.

Flush was due in part to Dusk's read list, Sept's own reads, as well as the general activity on day one. More importantly, he was part of the last minute bandwagon on Dusk AFTER he had 6 votes to Seath's 5.

That being said, I took a gamble that, since Dusk was town, that scum would chose to have their vote on a totally different person than the guy who was just killed.

Do you still think Royal_Flush is suspicious?

I've already posted who I'm suspicious of. The only person I'm leaning neutral on is possibly Seath. His obvious breadcrumbs are too bold to be scum, but don't seem very town friendly. It's like he has another goal. I'll put you and Darryl on my "most likely town" list. TerraSeptimus (because their claims are linked) and Fireblend are people I lean town on as well, but not as much. Lone_Prodigy and Euphemism are null reads for me right now.

Aww I feel off your list :(

So from your town/scum list from D1 Absolutbro was on the scum part, and today Absolut is also on the list of outer edge posters you find suspcious. Is there anything in particular standing out about him or is it still just his lack of presence? Also of the four you listed earlier who do you currently feel is the most likely to be scum trying to skate by?

Hindsight aside, I am not a fan of our one-shot vig using his ability on N1, especially with the lack of info we had.

Why not kill Seath, the second leading vote getter? Killing FEP because he voted for you after you claimed seems like an emotional decision. Scum wouldn't be so blatant.

And then breadcrumbing the night kill the next day? weemad is right: if you weren't verified by someone else you're definitely not acting in town's best interests.

I'm leaving my vote on gryvan. GC is silent. Anyone else on your radar?

Forgot about this:

It's easy to swing a tie when the vote is that close. If scum wanted a last-second save on Dusk they could've dropped a vote on Seath or unvoted Dusk, then feign ignorance the next day.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Hindsight aside, I am not a fan of our one-shot vig using his ability on N1, especially with the lack of info we had.

Why not kill Seath, the second leading vote getter? Killing FEP because he voted for you after you claimed seems like an emotional decision. Scum wouldn't be so blatant.

And then breadcrumbing the night kill the next day? weemad is right: if you weren't verified by someone else you're definitely not acting in town's best interests.

I'm leaving my vote on gryvan. GC is silent. Anyone else on your radar?
Huh?

I just realized Darryl knows himself that Seath probably isn't main-team Scum but Neutral. That leads to the follow-up question: How is he a good target for yesterday's lynch when there are several players around that look actually scummy?

Also, Seath: If you are Neutral and want to win I suggest you come clear asap, because I fear this ain't gonna go well for you today otherwise.

And for the record: I fully agree that it was the right call to get that vig kill out there. The doctor only has a 50% chance of protecting the correct part of the couple (aka the one Scum tries to kill)

I assume you are talking about Terrabyte claiming responsibility for Pandas death? Sorry for not getting all his hints. But why not just tell us that he did it.
I mean, it's literally in the post above yours...

I did not really have another target when I voted for Seath. The "big" discussion started in the last few hours. That's when most of the votes happened. I did not have time to follow the thread during that time. I even said so.
I'm not blaming you for not participating in the last few hours. I'm blaming you for contributing nothing while you were around and still not contributing any new thoughts. I'm blaming you for voting the easy target (he was that even before "the last hours") and today saying you are vary of people who voted the easy target.

I don't get that reasoning. It was 6-4, then dusk soldier made it a 6-5. I wanted to bring us out of immediate tie range while keeping the candidate that actually could have been Scum in front. I totally would have kept my vote on Rynam otherwise, because he was even scummier yesterday imo. But that could've been because of RL, seeing that stoakpoleH (who's doing a better job then Rynam so far) replaced him.

Please say you just didn't do what I think you did. And if you did please get some better targets or you'll go 0-3.

Mazre

Exodu5, you seem oddly fixated on Enker for paper thin reasons. Is there anything aside from his day 1 voting record that makes him so suspect to you?

Darryl

Banned
Dusk didn't look that scummy. He played exactly as he did in volcano, where he was town. He was just quiet. He never did anything that set any flags off in particular.

Neutrals aren't always pro-town. And it's not like I know he isn't scum, I just know he isn't acting town. Neutral is the most likely category but he could be overexcited scum too. If we see someone who is acting scummy yet also probably neutral, that's as good of a day 1 lynch as one could hope for

If you're going to ask for reads you should probably post your own first.
?

I will post mine after I see the rest. I've been posting various reads all along. I want to hear from those who have skipped out on sharing original opinions, which by the way, includes You. You do keep the conversation moving and ask good questions, but I want to know your thoughts.

What changed to yesterday? Why did you think "No Lynch" was better than Seath and why do you now think Seath is better than "No Lynch". There is literally no new information about Seath since yesterday.

Obviously because of how the votes we're going after the lovers reveal. I was waiting to have a good reason to vote and found one. The fact that the bandwagon went in a completely opposite direction - instead of more people voting Seath - indicates to me the possibility of scum trying to guide people in a different direction. Please keep in mind that I voted Seath at the last second because of this.

You also may be right that there is no new information specifically about Seath... but there is DEFINITELY information about peoples voting patterns when concerning him. We get a ton of information out of the game by lynching him. If he turns out to be Scum we gain game winning information for the town side - if he turns out to be Town we lose someone who is being intentionally cryptic and confusing which, in my opinion, is a + for town anyways.

Also please keep in mind that someone has refuted his cryptic role call AND that he's been completely silent since the night phase. I can only assume that the Scum are trying to do some damage control. In other words... what it looks like you're trying to do right now.

Kevyt

Y'all are so dry... No one here is RP'ing in a Disney Princess mafia game smh...

I can't with you all.

;_;

Enchanted was one of my favorite Disney movies

Mazre

Y'all are so dry... No one here is RP'ing in a Disney Princess mafia game smh...

I can't with you all.

;_;

RPing is fine, scrafty does it all the time. Contributing nothing to the discussion while RPing is not okay.

Kevyt

RPing is fine, scrafty does it all the time. Contributing nothing to the discussion while RPing is not okay.

8kAlOj9.gif

Kevyt

Something about ultron87 doesn't click to me.

Vote: ultron87

Anyways, if anyone has any questions, ask me anything!

Thank you beautiful sistrens~

I can't with you all.

;_;

I was singing all through Day One. That's as RP as I wanted to get.

Are you neutral?
Were you recruited to any team during Night 1?
Have you found what you're looking for?
Do you have a unique win condition?

Also pls. Post all reads you have of all players.

Kevyt

I was singing all through Day One. That's as RP as I wanted to get.

Are you neutral?
Were you recruited to any team during Night 1?
Have you found what you're looking for?
Do you have a unique win condition?

Also pls. Post all reads you have of all players.

That was awesome! ^_^

No, I'm not neutral, I'm town.
Nope.
Nope, I still haven't found what I'm looking for~
I win when all of scum has been lynched.

I will post my reads in time's due!

o/

Ok beauties, you've convince me to get behind lynching Seath. I'm trying to keep up and maybe terra is sounding a bit scummy, but the arguments against Seath are pretty convincing. Hoping we don't kill another of our own here, being down four on the third day would be a rough start but not impossible to come back from.

Vote: Seath

Don't edit your posts, it's against the rules. Don't get yourself mod killed.

Still catching up.

Darryl

Banned
I thought I posted this, but let me get this straight: TB & Septimus are claimed lovers, who have a kill power and killed last nights target?

What a strange role. Do you just get a freebie night kill and you can use it whenever?Nothing about an extra kill benefits the lovers duo role. It doesn't aid their survival, deduction. The things that a traditional lovers duo would try to use their role to work out. Like, if this secret was kept until night 2, and they were the first target killed in the night (which is twice as likely as any other player), town would lose out on 2 town members and 1 vig kill. It's a vig kill that has twice the possibility of being wasted!

If this is a gambit it'd be a hilarious one tho. We have no dead cops yet. So I'm inclined to let them live for the moment.

Darryl

Banned
Something about ultron87 doesn't click to me.

Vote: ultron87

Anyways, if anyone has any questions, ask me anything!

Thank you beautiful sistrens~

you, seath, knowing your own role name, do not think that ultron87's response to your claim was town in the slightest?

Ok beauties, you've convince me to get behind lynching Seath. I'm trying to keep up and maybe terra is sounding a bit scummy, but the arguments against Seath are pretty convincing. Hoping we don't kill another of our own here, being down four on the third day would be a rough start but not impossible to come back from.

Vote: Seath

Please don't edit any posts in the game thread. It is not allowed.

If you forgot anything or need to reclarify, please post a new post instead.

Thank you.

I mean, we wouldn't have role revealed, but we were #1 and #2 on Day One's chopping block with one hour left, which means we would both die. The thought was that we would at least take out a potential scum before we got night killed, but we didn't really expect to not be night killed.

Scum could be saving us for a free double-kill later on to turn the tide of the game, but that the only player who died is the one we killed indicates that either scum abstained from killing--which they really wouldn't have any reason to do--or there's someone who was able to block their action.

Assuming they targeted either Terra or me, and we're not bulletproof (which we aren't), that means there's either a doctor or a roleblocker. If it's the latter, we should have a pretty good confirmation by now, so I'm thinking doctor.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Seath (4)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575
Septimus Prime .618

gryvan (1)
Lone_Prodigy .586

Zatoth (1)
weemadarthur .584

Terrabyte20xx (1)
StackpoleH .594

GreatCharleston (1)
Trigger .570

ultron87 (1)
Seath .624

No active vote for Day 2:
AbsolutBro
Christina Mackenzie
Darryl
Enker
Fireblend
GreatCharleston
gryvan
Mazre
Royal_Flush
Terrabyte20xx
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
Zatoth

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

Kevyt

you, seath, knowing your own role name, do not think that ultron87's response to your claim was town in the slightest?

It's weird that he would role claim Giselle when I never claimed that name in the first place.

It's also weird, because Giselle is not a Canon Disney Princess. I know this is reading too much into it, as neither is Alice a Disney Princess, so this doesn't mean much.

However, if I was ultron, I wouldn't have named claimed that early putting himself as an easy target for scum. I would have just let the show continue on, assuming that I am scum pretending to be someone, letting myself crash and burn with said show.

It doesn't seem like a smart move to me.

Kevyt

It's weird that he would role claim Giselle in response to my "claim" when I never claimed that name in the first place.

It's also weird, because Giselle is not a Canon Disney Princess. I know this is reading too much into it, as neither is Alice a Disney Princess, so this doesn't mean much.

However, if I was ultron, I wouldn't have named claimed that early putting himself as an easy target for scum. I would have just let the show continue on, assuming that I am scum pretending to be someone, letting myself crash and burn with said show.

Edited.

VOTE: gryvan

Responded when I mentioned him and I don't really buy his reasoning. GC was/is a fairly easy target for suspicion, and I doubt at this point in the game that scum would lay very very low.

Isn't it better to get rid of inactive players rather than active ones? At least the ones talking have a chance to slip up.

I wouldn't rule out there being mafia at the bottom of the post count. Actually both games I've played so far had a mafia team member being replaced.

At the very least it will get GreatCharleston to show up.

ultron87

Not really worried about having my role name out there. Sure, there might be some name assassin super scum out there but, eh. This wasn't a high game on the scale. From the flips, names don't look particularly connected to abilities.

What did you expect to happen? Deciding to RP as a female Disney character (official princess or not) that you claim you aren't, when you know that everyone has such a character as their role name is just asking for this to happen. This makes me continue to suspect your motives.

Kevyt

Not really worried about having my role name out there. Sure, there might be some name assassin super scum out there but, eh. This wasn't a high game on the scale. From the flips, names don't look particularly connected to abilities.

What did you expect to happen? Deciding to RP as a female Disney character (official princess or not) that you claim you aren't, when you know that everyone has such a character as their role name is just asking for this to happen. This makes me continue to suspect your motives.

And what exactly are my motives according to you?

Darryl

Banned
It's weird that he would role claim Giselle when I never claimed that name in the first place.

I thought you were claiming Giselle myself. So counter-claiming itself doesn't seem particularly scummy. It seems like something town would do in that scenario, which makes me wonder why you suspect him enough to vote for him over that. Are you even trying to find town?

Kevyt

Picking an obscure princess to pretend to be because you're Ursula or something.

Oh I see. That would make a lot of sense!

I thought you were claiming Giselle myself. So counter-claiming itself doesn't seem particularly scummy. It seems like something town would do in that scenario, which makes me wonder why you suspect him enough to vote for him over that. Are you even trying to find town?

I don't think he'll be lynched and I just want to hear more from him.

So far I'm the only one that has voted for him, the day is still young and I can always change my vote.

Darryl

Banned
Oh I see. That would make a lot of sense!

I don't think he'll be lynched and I just want to hear more from him.

So far I'm the only one that has voted for him, the day is still young and I can always change my vote.

I don't think you realize that the table isn't questioning Ultron87, especially since you don't dispute his claim. It's questioning you. Why you'd make Ultron87 name claim to begin with. And why, through all of that, you'd follow it up with a vote on him? What more do you expect to get? What does he have to give you? You think scum sit around waiting you accurately counterclaim someone who is false breadcrumbing? What a world

Seath, might be town trying to obfuscate his role. They've made themselves blatantly obvious in the thread so the only question is how long are we going to tolerate it? If they really are recruitable mafia in the game they could have additional special powers that activate once found. But it's a really bold plan for a mafia player to stick out like that. Could something happen if they get lynched?

If they are no good leads this day again, I say we start pressuring Seath. That said I'll be looking at others first.

Also can we not do the last minute role claim again? Trust me they don't work out (I once tried to save a townie with 5 minutes left)

Kevyt

I don't think you realize that the table isn't questioning Ultron87, especially since you don't dispute his claim. It's questioning you. Why you'd make Ultron87 name claim to begin with. And why, through all of that, you'd follow it up with a vote on him? What more do you expect to get? What does he have to give you? You think scum sit around waiting you accurately counterclaim someone who is false breadcrumbing? What a world

Okay first, I have no idea what you mean by breadcrumbing.

Second, I know no one else is questioning ultron87. I know that.

Third, I didn't force ultron87 to name claim. He did on his own.

:3

Top Bottom