• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

For now I'm planning to catch up on the latest ...."court documents?" so I can understand the situation. If you have a pointer to some recent hot topics, It would definitely help to get up to speed.

Darryl

Banned
For now I'm planning to catch up on the latest ...."court documents?" so I can understand the situation. If you have a pointer to some recent hot topics, It would definitely help to get up to speed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195889046&postcount=355

In response to Seath posting images and making comments appearing to be Giselle, Ultron87 counter name-claims Seath. Ultron87 is Giselle.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195922772&postcount=433

Septimus Prime and Terrabyte both claim lovers end of D1, hint at extra power. Beginning of D1 reveal they've killed the night kill target.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196564634&postcount=703

Exodus is Ariel, every night commuter immune to night actions

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196568609&postcount=724

Seath claims Tinker Bell

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196586945&postcount=762

Enker claims.. watcher?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196602479&postcount=795

I claim Wendy

TheExodu5

Banned
If only one of the lovers is scum, it would be Elsa. Just sayin.

That being said, Terra is the least possibly scummy of the two. I'd leave them for a bit longer.

I mean since Seath is going to come out and say he's Tinker Bell, I might as well just come out and say that I'm Wendy. I know Seath is Tinker Bell, it's in my role. We aren't lovers, this is a one-sided relationship. I think, in the existence of our two roles, it makes me question whether or not there are true lovers in this game. Town lovers, at least. I didn't think too much on it at first but their posting has left me generally unnerved these past few days as I struggle to come up with someone besides an inactive that I really want lynched. It could possibly because 2 of the scum players are in that duo and I'm overlooking them out of policy.

So, there's that. I dunno why this wasn't obvious to Seath and he wasn't unnerved and instead revealed his role almost immediately. I assumed we had to keep his role name hidden and I was on some secret mission to protect him. I think there's enough to talk about to have me just come out and claim, keeping this hidden is dumb.

Now, if they were town and had a vig night kill as claimed, they could've just asked us last day "who should we night kill?". Obviously not an exact target, in case of switchers, but we could've put a short list together. Between a short list and two people who could submit the night action, the odds of something getting blocked or stopped is unlikely. Even if they were killed last night, their vig kill would've went through. So keeping the action itself hidden in hopes that mafia wouldn't have stopped it is pointless.

If they were more obvious about what they were doing, at least we could further believe them about their vig kill. Having just one kill in a night isn't anything out of the ordinary, and they didn't exactly say they were going to kill someone yesterday. They instead went vagabond and killed someone who was actually pretty fucking town and helpful. They're using a night kill last night as justification as to why they're town. It's had a side effect of revealing a daily commuter, which may or may not have been intentional (provoking protection roles to explain the unexplainable).

Another side-note: Their behavior on the morning of this day was hardly synchronized, either. Septimus didn't seem like he knew what was going on.

I think I had a bunch of side notes that weren't particularly worth harping on about but I've gone and forgot them all.

And yea, my constant Seath pressure was a gambit to see who would take the bait. Seeing who picks on the weak and easy targets is always my favorite way to hunt scum. Finding a weak target and making him appear weak and seeing who bandwagons tends to find scum a lot. I was going to save him with my claim if anything got too bad. That's why I am also leaning towards a Euphemism lynch, among others.
Guess how I know this entire post is full of crap?

Nevermind, not going to wait.

Vote: Darryl

I don't know if Scum didn't get a list of unused names, but I'm Wendy. I leave my PR to your imagination. If necessary, I'm willing to be voted out today to prove I am who I say I am, but I can just as easily prove you're lying when you flip. I find it hilarious you back Seath (who I'm still not even sure is scum or if this is just a bait post), but then try to turn on Terrabyte and Septimus again.

ultron87

4-willy-wonka-quotes.gif

Let's see what Darryl has to say.

I hate you all.

On another note, Enker makes so little sense I'm inclined to believe Exodu5 now.

At work/university, more later. (Hopefully Darryl resonded by then)

TheExodu5

Banned
I hate you all.

On another note, Enker makes so little sense I'm inclined to believe Exodu5 now.

Not really, actually. His claim makes sense. He's trying to figure out why I was so focused on him. His theory makes sense (despite being wrong), and his claims of having visiting me and nothing happening makes sense as well. I'm pretty sure he's town. My fault for being so focused on him. The only thing that puzzles me is why he revealed when there was pretty much no pressure on him.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ok, so Darryl dropped the breadcrumb "stop busting my bells if you're Tinker Bell". That's the only thing lending credence to his claim. If he's scum, it wouldn't be overly surprising that a scum role-inspector visited Seath last night (If I were scum, I think Seath would be my main target for role-inspection). I'm inclined to believe AbsolutBro over Darryl, in this case. Either way, if we guess wrong today, we at least get scum tomorrow, which isn't so bad.

Zatoth

Guess that's it for Darryl. Unless both are scum I don't see a reason for AB to claim now. So Darryl is most likely Mafia between those two.

People, you all know I've supported lynching Darryl since Page 2...but please let's not end the day early, because we haven't gotten an answer from Terrabyte on whether he'll stop taking potshots at Town Power Roles in the middle of the night.

And stuff like that.

So....AB....
You're not concerned that Tinkerbell may need to kill you?

How long has it been since you've seen Peter Pan? She hates Wendy for taking Peter's attention and tries to get her killed by poisoning.

Honestly, it didn't even occur to me. Usually if a lyncher role has a specific target, that target knows someone is after them. I don't have anything like that in my role description, though obviously that doesn't exclude the possibility.

Even if I die though, as long as town wins I still win.

Fireblend

Banned
People, you all know I've supported lynching Darryl since Page 2...but please let's not end the day early, because we haven't gotten an answer from Terrabyte on whether he'll stop taking potshots at Town Power Roles in the middle of the night.

And stuff like that.

No way is the day ending early. We'd need a majority for that, and that's hard to get so early in the game. Plus as you said I think most of us want to see some more meltdowns answers before we go to sleep.

Zatoth

My thought on TheExodu5's role claim.

Don't really have anything new to add. But I hope I am allowed to post my thoughts anyway.

Did not believe his claim of unlimited protection during night. From all targeting, right? Not just kills.

Makes sense that there is some drawback attached to it.

I have some ideas about that. But I think talking about it would mainly help Mafia. Better to keep that part of the role a secret.

Zatoth

No way is the day ending early. We'd need a majority for that, and that's hard to get so early in the game. Plus as you said I think most of us want to see some more meltdowns answers before we go to sleep.

Yes. Don't think we'd benefit from ending any day early.

Unless I am in the mood for using my OVERRIDE on Barrylocke.

Trigger

I would also like to hear from Seath. Darryl is claiming a one-sided relationship with Tinker Bell. AB is not. If there's anything that could help give credibility to one of their claims that would be helpful.

Zatoth

Seems there was also some discussion again about the Lovers.

I know that it is possible that Mason's may be a mix of Mafia and Town. Townie obviously would not know that they are partnered with Mafia. But would that also work for Lovers?

Why would Darryl claim? Chance of counter claim as we've seen. Protect Seath? Strange since the heat is off him.

Even if he is scum, he makes some good points about our vigilante lovers. They're not playing in town's best interests.

Zatoth

Why would Darryl claim? Chance of counter claim as we've seen. Protect Seath? Strange since the heat is off him.

Even if he is scum, he makes some good points about our vigilante lovers. They're not playing in town's best interests.

Like I said. They may both be scum. Darryl is used as bait to make AB a trusted Townie. I haven't been following most of the games. But has such a bold move ever been made in the Gafia games?

Zatoth

Like I said. They may both be scum. Darryl is used as bait to make AB a trusted Townie. I haven't been following most of the games. But has such a bold move ever been made in the Gafia games?

[edit]Interesting move for a Godfather for example.

Firstly, scum can't really afford to trade one for one. They have less team members and for every one they lose essentially two town have to die.

That said, I have offered to be voted out today to prove that I am both Town and Wendy. It's sort of an interesting predicament because if we choose not to vote out Darryl today, scum has to decide to either let me do whatever I do at night, or kill me at night and out Darryl for me.

I also want to make it clear to any other Town PRs that under no circumstances should I be protected, blocked, switched, or whatever you might do to save me. If they kill me tonight, Darryl gets outed as a liar.

For me it basically comes down to: Do I think Darryl was trying to protect Seath, or trying to get us to lynch Seath by faking an association that's not actually there. We spend a day lynching Seath instead of a scum player. Hence voting Darryl.

I suppose this could all have been a ruse where Darryl claims Wendy so I out myself, maybe this powers Seath up or something if he is Tinkerbell (and trying to poison me). That seems pretty complicated for a not-so-bastard game on the crab scale though.

TheExodu5

Banned

Eh, in that case, it'll go down quickly.

Day 2 - Lynch Darryl (flips town)
Day 3 - Lynch Absolut
Day 4 - Lynch Terra

ultron87

AB could be a lyncher trying to kill Darryl. Says all the "oh I'm so selfless you can kill me first" stuff, but that's just a gambit to have us kill Darryl first and then bounce out of the game as a victor.

Seems there was also some discussion again about the Lovers.

I know that it is possible that Mason's may be a mix of Mafia and Town. Townie obviously would not know that they are partnered with Mafia. But would that also work for Lovers?

I thought someone said, yes it's been done to have lovers with opposite alignment, but now I can't find the post.

In animal crossing a mafia was death paired with a towny. But they were not connected otherwise, they were classified as roommates.

Zatoth

Firstly, scum can't really afford to trade one for one. They have less team members and for every one they lose essentially two town have to die.

It is a risky move. But by giving us one Mafia member the accuser is in a very safe position. Was just wondering if such a move was ever made.

Eh, in that case, it'll go down quickly.

Day 2 - Lynch Darryl (flips town)
Day 3 - Lynch Absolut
Day 4 - Lynch Terra

In my example Darryl AND AB are Mafia. No town flipping. AB gives as Darryl as a present. Town would not suspect him of being Mafia. Why sacrifice your partner?

I suppose this could all have been a ruse where Darryl claims Wendy so I out myself, maybe this powers Seath up or something if he is Tinkerbell (and trying to poison me). That seems pretty complicated for a not-so-bastard game on the crab scale though.
If that were true, then Seath and Darryl would have to be communicating in the background to coordinate the trap, and therefore both scum.

It is a risky move. But by giving us one Mafia member the accuser is in a very safe position. Was just wondering if such a move was ever made.

In my example Darryl AND AB are Mafia. No town flipping. AB gives as Darryl as a present. Town would not suspect him of being Mafia. Why sacrifice your partner?
Yes, absolutely it gets done. Scum busses a player that has been exposed.

But either way Darryl would need to be lynched.

My opinion on AB has been: slightly town. But he is a very skilled player, and without outside verification, I can believe he's playing an excellent mafia game.

Fireblend

Banned
No way is scum offering us one of their own like that. Specially Darryl, he'd be absolutely opposed to carrying out such a ridiculous strategy, in my experience. It'd take some serious evidence for me to think AB is scum if Darryl flips as scum.

Zatoth

I am still not sure why Darryl would screw up like that? Can't believe that Mafia did not receive a list with safe claims. So why take the risk and pick Wendy?

I would also like to hear from Seath. Darryl is claiming a one-sided relationship with Tinker Bell. AB is not. If there's anything that could help give credibility to one of their claims that would be helpful.

Lore wise, Wendy -> Tinkerbell makes no sense. Tinkerbell -> Wendy does make sense. I don't believe ynnny would screw up the flavor by doing it backwards.

Wendy is friendly to Tinkerbell and thinks they're buddies.
Tinkerbell tries to lose Wendy in the woods, turns the lost boys hideout over to Captain Hook because he Swore he'd only kill Wendy, and tries to get her poisoned. Tinkerbell is a traitor, who is motivated by jealousy.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You know, we could always verify one of these stories by lynching Seath, plus if the tinker Bell speculation is correct it'd be saving AB. Just a thought.

Also, I'm not required to kill every night, so staying my hand is an option.

I am still not sure why Darryl would screw up like that? Can't believe that Mafia did not receive a list with safe claims. So why take the risk and pick Wendy?

Well, if he flips scum, mafia is likely bussing him because I've been cramping his style with my endless suspicion. Possibly it has the side effect of outing Wendy so the mafia Tinkerbell can kill her.

If they didn't get a list of unused names, I think that's definitely an issue that needs to be raised for Cosplay games. It's possible that they DID get a list, which included Tinkerbell, and Darryl went off-script in an attempt to save Seath (no idea why he would do this instead of bussing him though).

There's also the super-saiyin Seath possibility, which we can't completely discount. Although it was raised by weemadarthur, who also raised the godfather possibility, so who knows.

Lore wise, Wendy -> Tinkerbell makes no sense. Tinkerbell -> Wendy does make sense. I don't believe ynnny would screw up the flavor by doing it backwards.

Wendy is friendly to Tinkerbell and thinks they're buddies.
Tinkerbell tries to lose Wendy in the woods, turns the lost boys hideout over to Captain Hook because he Swore he'd only kill Wendy, and tries to get her poisoned. Tinkerbell is a traitor, who is motivated by jealousy.
I did try (admittedly not well) to get Seath to verify:

@Seath: You said you're Tinkerbell, right?

I had forgotten Seath's post in a multi-quote and was too lazy to go back and find it. I never got a response, but I'm not sure Seath has even posted since I made that post.

You know, we could always verify one of these stories by lynching Seath, plus if the tinker Bell speculation is correct it'd be saving AB. Just a thought.

While I am not sure that Seath is Scum*, I am okay with this plan of action as well. As I said earlier, Darryl surviving today forces a difficult choice onto Scum tonight:

Do they kill me and out Darryl as Not-Wendy, or do they let me live and let me do my night thing, forcing the Darryl issue during the next day phase?

Either way I think it's a town win.

*I suspect rather than Darryl put that post in so that if Darryl was discovered before Seath was lynched that we would immediately lynch Seath.

Kevyt

Woah at the recent development of events!...

CW-CEG107b-0484b.jpg

@Seath: You said you're Tinkerbell, right?

Yes sir!

If Seath always plays like an enigma then the current behavior could be equally town and scummy I guess? Not having played with them before I'm gonna remain suspicious.

Weemad's posts feel too genuine and expansive to be a fabrication.

We did play together in Animal Crossing, Season 2

Barrylocke will replace GreatCharleston effective immediately

Llbai0T.gif

I mean since Seath is going to come out and say he's Tinker Bell, I might as well just come out and say that I'm Wendy. I know Seath is Tinker Bell, it's in my role. We aren't lovers, this is a one-sided relationship. I think, in the existence of our two roles, it makes me question whether or not there are true lovers in this game. Town lovers, at least. I didn't think too much on it at first but their posting has left me generally unnerved these past few days as I struggle to come up with someone besides an inactive that I really want lynched. It could possibly because 2 of the scum players are in that duo and I'm overlooking them out of policy.

So, there's that. I dunno why this wasn't obvious to Seath and he wasn't unnerved and instead revealed his role almost immediately. I assumed we had to keep his role name hidden and I was on some secret mission to protect him. I think there's enough to talk about to have me just come out and claim, keeping this hidden is dumb.

Now, if they were town and had a vig night kill as claimed, they could've just asked us last day "who should we night kill?". Obviously not an exact target, in case of switchers, but we could've put a short list together. Between a short list and two people who could submit the night action, the odds of something getting blocked or stopped is unlikely. Even if they were killed last night, their vig kill would've went through. So keeping the action itself hidden in hopes that mafia wouldn't have stopped it is pointless.

If they were more obvious about what they were doing, at least we could further believe them about their vig kill. Having just one kill in a night isn't anything out of the ordinary, and they didn't exactly say they were going to kill someone yesterday. They instead went vagabond and killed someone who was actually pretty fucking town and helpful. They're using a night kill last night as justification as to why they're town. It's had a side effect of revealing a daily commuter, which may or may not have been intentional (provoking protection roles to explain the unexplainable).

Another side-note: Their behavior on the morning of this day was hardly synchronized, either. Septimus didn't seem like he knew what was going on.

I think I had a bunch of side notes that weren't particularly worth harping on about but I've gone and forgot them all.

And yea, my constant Seath pressure was a gambit to see who would take the bait. Seeing who picks on the weak and easy targets is always my favorite way to hunt scum. Finding a weak target and making him appear weak and seeing who bandwagons tends to find scum a lot. I was going to save him with my claim if anything got too bad. That's why I am also leaning towards a Euphemism lynch, among others.

Vote: Septimus Prime

This is rather interesting...

Nevermind, not going to wait.

I don't know if Scum didn't get a list of unused names, but I'm Wendy. I leave my PR to your imagination. If necessary, I'm willing to be voted out today to prove I am who I say I am, but I can just as easily prove you're lying when you flip. I find it hilarious you back Seath (who I'm still not even sure is scum or if this is just a bait post), but then try to turn on Terrabyte and Septimus again.

Woah... Okay. That's interesting. I am waiting for Darryl's response.

Why would Tinker Bell need to kill Wendy?

I don't need to kill anyone. I am town aligned and the only thing I do is vote during the day...

I don't know anything about a relationship with Wendy. All I received was information about my character and who I am, along with a link to a picture of tinker bell. That's all.

I agree with Darryl on the lover's part, but I think the only reason why Darryl would believe that I am town, and tinker bell, is because he himself is scum?

I mean, I could be lying and not be tinker bell at all, I could be lying that I'm not town aligned, but only Scum would know this.

This line from him perplexes me:

I know Seath is Tinker Bell, it's in my role. We aren't lovers, this is a one-sided relationship.

That's a really bold claim...

I'm just gonna wait for Darryl to see what his response to all of this is.

For now,

Unvote: Enker

Top Bottom