• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Kevyt

While I am not sure that Seath is Scum*, I am okay with this plan of action as well. As I said earlier, Darryl surviving today forces a difficult choice onto Scum tonight:

Do they kill me and out Darryl as Not-Wendy, or do they let me live and let me do my night thing, forcing the Darryl issue during the next day phase?

Either way I think it's a town win.

You have a night action?

*I suspect rather than Darryl put that post in so that if Darryl was discovered before Seath was lynched that we would immediately lynch Seath

I have no idea what you just said here...

AB, could you redefine super sayain seath in words a five year old can understand? I don't speak anime.

I just meant we can't completely rule out the possibility that Seath (if Seath is Tinkerbell) gains something from my death. A possibility that you raised here:

So....AB....
You're not concerned that Tinkerbell may need to kill you?

Any possibility Tinkerbell can be recruited and AbsolutBro is giving himself up to avoid a Tinkerbell lynch today?
Now, if I was scum, why would I give myself up to recruit someone that the majority of the players suspects of being scum in the first place? I would not. It would be a terrible trade.

I have no idea what you just said here...
Darryl tried, for whatever reason, to come to your defense with something I know to be a lie. He had to realize that if he was lynched and flipped scum, that we would IMMEDIATELY become even more suspicious of you, since he came to your defense. If you were scum, it would virtually guarantee two scum lynches in a row. I suspect, from your rather whimsical posting and the fact that everything else in his post is a lie, that the entire thing is a ruse. That Darryl has no connection to you, and that if we lynch you, that you will flip Town. By painting himself as your friend, his scum flip would incriminate you as well and you are already largely suspected of being scum (as evinced by numerous votes against you).

Ok, so Darryl dropped the breadcrumb "stop busting my bells if you're Tinker Bell". That's the only thing lending credence to his claim. If he's scum, it wouldn't be overly surprising that a scum role-inspector visited Seath last night (If I were scum, I think Seath would be my main target for role-inspection). I'm inclined to believe AbsolutBro over Darryl, in this case. Either way, if we guess wrong today, we at least get scum tomorrow, which isn't so bad.

That bread crumb is something I had forgotten. What's the likelihood that Darryl would pick the right princess out of all available options? Sounds like a role name cop. That leaves me more suspicious of AB as well.

ultron87

The lyncher theory makes more sense the more I think on it.

Seath is indeed Tinkerbell, Darryl is indeed Wendy, and AB is neutral Captain Hook. Hook wants to get Wendy lynched, because the patriarchy. If we assume scum have safe names, Scum Darryl claiming Wendy makes no sense. He was in a good position with the town.

Kevyt

I just meant we can't completely rule out the possibility that Seath (if Seath is Tinkerbell) gains something from my death. A possibility that you raised here:

Now, if I was scum, why would I give myself up to recruit someone that the majority of the players suspects of being scum in the first place? I would not. It would be a terrible trade.

Darryl tried, for whatever reason, to come to your defense with something I know to be a lie. He had to realize that if he was lynched and flipped scum, that we would IMMEDIATELY become even more suspicious of you, since he came to your defense. If you were scum, it would virtually guarantee two scum lynches in a row. I suspect, from your rather whimsical posting and the fact that everything else in his post is a lie, that the entire thing is a ruse. That Darryl has no connection to you, and that if we lynch you, that you will flip Town. By painting himself as your friend, his scum flip would incriminate you as well and you are already largely suspected of being scum (as evinced by numerous votes against you).

Why would I want to kill you?

I don't know anything about Tinker Bell, or Wendy, but if I gain something from your death, then I really don't know what it is, lol.

But if you guys want to lynch me today then that is fine by me, but at least we should keep the discussion going.

I'm not afraid to be lynched today and finally prove to you all that I am Tinkerbell, town aligned.

I also fail to see how Darryl came to my defense, honestly. Knowing Darryl, it's more of like he took advantage of my situation to try and do something.

He didn't came to my defense, I don't understand why you all think that.

Darryl is very opportunistic, those of you who have played with him should know this by now.

Kevyt

Seath is indeed Tinkerbell, Darryl is indeed Wendy, and AB is neutral Captain Hook. Hook wants to get Wendy lynched, because the patriarchy. If we assume scum have safe names, Scum Darryl claiming Wendy makes no sense. He was in a good position with the town.

Well dang... this is a very interesting theory.

Who do we believe?

Darryl or AB?

Gentlemen, please make your cases. One of you is lying.

So in a game called "Disney Princesses", I am Captain Hook?

ultron87

Yup. That's why you're neutral. Or you're some differently flavored lynching role. The role name isn't really important.

Zatoth

That would mean that AB has some kind of tracking role. Some way to find his target. Probably using his spyglass.

b43c0d5b5c47cd7c3935a183e1b26c5a.jpg

So in a game called "Disney Princesses", I am Captain Hook?

Even Robin Hood would be a plausible role in this game.

We still have time left. So I am looking forward to Darryls explanation. Should be interesting.

Occam's Razor. We've had two flips and they've been normal, standard roles. Lynch the one caught in a lie.

VOTE: Darryl

If he flips town, shoot AB or Seath tonight.

Kevyt

Occam's Razor. We've had two flips and they've been normal, standard roles. Lynch the one caught in a lie.

I love Occam's Razor.

Very true...

I don't want to vote for Darryl yet, I want to hear what he has to say before voting for him.

TheExodu5

Banned

Agreed completely.

Scum role-cop is by far the most likely explanation. It's probably not Darryl, but he got the information from the actual scum role-cop.

And you know what? If we're wrong? We still lynch scum tomorrow, which is still a good outcome for town.

Ive been catching up and am about halfway done with the game, but I may fast foward so I can try to be relevant for the last hours.

Ive been catching up and am about halfway done with the game, but I may fast foward so I can try to be relevant for the last hours.

You've already been able to contribute more than poor chucky was able to the whole game.

But we have wound up with a cross claim on a role. Darryl and AB are under suspicion of being mafia. So please regard any information those two gave you as highly suspect, and misleading.

Vote: Darryl

I'm going to use his own logic here and say I also think it's very unlikely there are lovers and another similar type role in the same game and on the same side.

I also clearly know my own role, as well as Terra's role. Plus, in normal circumstances, it would be incredibly stupid for us to reveal the way we did. If we weren't lovers, would we seriously put both our necks on the line on the first day? Even for scum that would be a dumb play.

Oh shoot, this game ends in a little over a day, not a little over an hour! I feel way better now. Just finished day/night 1.

Please tell me you all have tea here. I miss tea...

Darryl

Banned
So, there's that. I dunno why this wasn't obvious to Seath and he wasn't unnerved and instead revealed his role almost immediately. I assumed we had to keep his role name hidden and I was on some secret mission to protect him. I think there's enough to talk about to have me just come out and claim, keeping this hidden is dumb.

Yea, so. Nice try. I'm absolutely Wendy. I'm going to assume you just win when Tinker Bell is killed.

Vote: AbsolutBro

Also, for the record, I can't usually read Darryl. The time I tried during the Archer game, he ended up being the cop. And then in Woof 2, I didn't bother to try.

So, if Darryl flips town and Terra and I go down overnight, we should definitely look at AB tomorrow.

Darryl

Banned
Yea, so. Nice try. I'm absolutely Wendy. I'm going to assume you just win when Tinker Bell is killed.

Vote: AbsolutBro

Wait, that doesn't even make sense. You're trying to kill me. WTF are you doing here Absolut? What kinda gambit is this?

Darryl

Banned
Vote: Septimus Prime

All I can think up is that this is some For The Greater Good gambit by absolut, who has become entirely convinced I'm scum. So I'm going to switch back to my original lynch.

Wait, that doesn't even make sense. You're trying to kill me. WTF are you doing here Absolut? What kinda gambit is this?

No gambit. You claimed to be Wendy with some sort of connection to Seath. I know you cannot be Wendy, because I am. So short of any sort of mistake by YNNNY and Co. giving out the same role twice, I know you are lying about being Wendy. If you are lying about being Wendy (and you are) then your whole post about your connection to Seath is entirely suspect. I am guessing you got a list of unused princesses, but did not think that Wendy would actually be in the game since Tinkerbell apparently is. After all, Tinkerbell is FAR more famous and in the public than Wendy given that whole "Disney Faeries" line (which funnily enough, is why Tinkerbell is no longer an official Disney Princess IRL).

So, you are welcome to come clean with your actual role, but I know you are not Wendy.

Vote: Septimus Prime

All I can think up is that this is some For The Greater Good gambit by absolut, who has become entirely convinced I'm scum. So I'm going to switch back to my original lynch.
Not on my end, no. Absolut and you are equally unreadable/suspicious to me, so he would be next if you don't flip Wendy.

Darryl

Banned
No gambit. You claimed to be Wendy with some sort of connection to Seath. I know you cannot be Wendy, because I am. So short of any sort of mistake by YNNNY and Co. giving out the same role twice, I know you are lying about being Wendy. If you are lying about being Wendy (and you are) then your whole post about your connection to Seath is entirely suspect. I am guessing you got a list of unused princesses, but did not think that Wendy would actually be in the game since Tinkerbell apparently is. After all, Tinkerbell is FAR more famous and in the public than Wendy given that whole "Disney Faeries" line (which funnily enough, is why Tinkerbell is no longer an official Disney Princess IRL).

So, you are welcome to come clean with your actual role, but I know you are not Wendy.

I am Wendy. Could there be two Wendy's? What does your flavor say about you? Mine actually implies that I'm old.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm leaning towards voting Darryl. I'm trying to figure out what the likeliest scenario is, and I agree with AbsolutBro. Maybe thinking there wouldn't be a Wendy in the game if Tinkerbell was in, he decided to risk it and pretend that was his purpose. AB exposing himself like that if this isn't the case is much harder to justify. The only doubt I have is that it sounds a little too risky for how I think Darryl plays, but he's no stranger to gambits.

[highligh]VOTE: Darryl

This is a good proposal for using Elsa, should she have kill shots left DO NOT COMMENT, TERRA.

I would agree that lynching Darryl would give us information on all three players in question. If he came up town, then AB and Seath are excellent targets for a nighttime town kill. Where Terra would shoot one of them WITHOUT BREAD CRUMBS of any kind, so there's a 50/50% chance mafia won't protect the one he chooses (depending on what skills they have).

However, if Darryl came up Mafia, I would recommend, given Terrabyte's reads on panda and darryl, that he please agree to NOT SHOOT anybody.

I am Wendy. Could there be two Wendy's? What does your flavor say about you? Mine actually implies that I'm old.

The movie "Hook" was published by TriStar, not Disney. Nice try though.

Trigger

It's a little odd that we could have a Wendy and a Tinker Bell, but they're not connected somehow. It gives Darryl's claim more credibility. I

Darryl

Banned
This is a good proposal for using Elsa, should she have kill shots left DO NOT COMMENT, TERRA.

I would agree that lynching Darryl would give us information on all three players in question. If he came up town, then AB and Seath are excellent targets for a nighttime town kill. Where Terra would shoot one of them WITHOUT BREAD CRUMBS of any kind, so there's a 50/50% chance mafia won't protect the one he chooses (depending on what skills they have).

However, if Darryl came up Mafia, I would recommend, given Terrabyte's reads on panda and darryl, that he please agree to NOT SHOOT anybody.

The movie "Hook" was published by TriStar, not Disney. Nice try though.

Lynch for scum. Not for information. I don't know what you mean by what Hook was published by, or why that even matters. I'm telling you my role. I'm Wendy. Tinker Bell is an old friend from a long time ago, so I know the existence of her.

Old Wendy and Young Wendy? ayyyyy

Darryl, why did you claim? Seath was mostly out of danger and the focus had shifted to Enker and Exodu5. You could've circled back to the lovers without claiming.

Darryl

Banned
Old Wendy and Young Wendy? ayyyyy

Darryl, why did you claim? Seath was mostly out of danger and the focus had shifted to Enker and Exodu5. You could've circled back to the lovers without claiming.

I didn't think there would be another Wendy and this would happen. People seem to be sitting around waiting for easy last minute target so I wanted to go in with all the evidence I had. I didn't wanna withhold something so stupid, it would just screw me down the road if I was ever forced to claim.

It's a little odd that we could have a Wendy and a Tinker Bell, but they're not connected somehow. It gives Darryl's claim more credibility. I

I thought so too, which is why I asked Seath if he is really Tinkerbell. I was going to comment further on it, but before Seath ever got around to posting Darryl posted about being Wendy. I do not think there would be and old and a young Wendy. I especially do not think there would be an old Wendy with a connection to Tinkerbell and a young Wendy with no connections at all.

To be frank, I would struggle to believe there was both a Tinkerbell and a Wendy if not for the fact that I myself am Wendy. If I were not Wendy I would not really think she would end up in the game at all as she is neither an actual Princess, nor is she the lead in her own movie a la Alice from Alice in Wonderland. (Who makes total sense being in the game, given YNNNY is the Cheshire Cat.)

Darryl

Banned
If I get screwed by the need for gafia moderators to always throw in obscure nameclaims then I'm going to lose it. Surely there must be some other player here with a hardly-fitting role that can nameclaim to testify on my behalf. So far we have Jane Porter and Alice. I'd bet there is something even stranger out there.

I for one, have no intention of discussing roles on Day 2, in front of the mafia.

It could give them the ability to speculate on happenings. All this fishing for information is exceedingly suspect.

Theres 25 of us with roughly 19 princesses. There's gonna be some goofy people.

I'm doubting Old Wendy but Im not there yet in my reading, (just got to page 15 of 18).

Darryl

Banned
I for one, have no intention of discussing roles on Day 2, in front of the mafia.

It could give them the ability to speculate on happenings. All this fishing for information is exceedingly suspect.

I said names only on purpose. All this feigned concern is really scummy. I'm not asking for everyone to spill their roles. I'm asking for a town member to save a town member by backing me up. WTF is your agenda here? You obviously just want a lynch at this point

Darryl

Banned
Why on earth would I do any of this if I was scum. How does that make sense? I wasn't up for being lynched or anything.

Vote: Weemadarthur

At this point I've heard you talk enough to determine that you're acting incredibly antitown. Your arguments are awful. You posted an argument against me the other day that made me cringe. You don't have any desire to try to find scum. And now you're working to prevent a player from defending themselves.

You barely paid attention to Seath when he was provoking Giselle to nameclaim. But now that involves me, having another nameclaim in the mix in unspeakable. You are ridiculous and I don't believe you are town.

Top Bottom