• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

which is check in extremely late because apparently I can't receive PMs?¿?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES

You know, Sorian,
we really are the Lost Turnabout

Thanks for the award, by the way. I did my best under the circumstances of our population being halved in two days. (I only saw your awards when it was too late to bump.) Also, I knew who you were, but I didn't really recognize who you *were* until you changed back to your old avatar.

Ry1DRFB.jpg

I'm looking forward to trying to keep up with this game with you in it!

30eEul4.gif

no more dead cops

Brilliant

Sorian

Banned
I am not responsible for any accidents you may have caused.......am I?

None at all actually, I didn't actually rush home either. My phone was broken and I expected the apple store to take forever but they surprisingly replaced it completely for very cheap since it was an issue on their end.

Do I have to shill for apple this time? Who knows?

None at all actually, I didn't actually rush home either. My phone was broken and I expected the apple store to take forever but they surprisingly replaced it completely for very cheap since it was an issue on their end.

Do I have to shill for apple this time? Who knows?
Do you have Amazon Prime?
Welcome to hell

roytheone

The eighteen survivors looked at each other with shock and confusion. It has been 2 days since the innocent GCPD officer met his grueling fate, yet nothing else happened. Suddenly, the sole TV switched on again, and the voice of the Riddler echoed through the room.

“Well then, it looks like all you morons have finally arrived, so let’s start this little game, sh…..

“But Mr. Nigma, everyone was already in this room the whole time, to be quite frank, we were all a little confused why nothing was ha…”

The riddlers thumb slowly moved to another button.

“Ehm, you know what? Never mind, I was wrong, you were right! Sorry!”

“Good, now, if nobody else has any idiotic remarks, can we begin? I am eager to see who of you imbeciles is the least feeble-minded!”

Riddler-Boom.gif

Day 1 begins

10 votes are needed for majority!

bla_1459112400.png

Sorian

Banned
(Pre-typed message below, #hatersgonnahate)

Alright, we have....one new face in here it looks like and a few semi-new players fresh off of their success or failures in season 5. This advice is a good reminder for vets and newbies alike regardless of how much some people want to call this annoying or otherwise useless. So here we go, this is DAY 1 people. In 95% of circumstances, there is exactly zero reason to claim unless we are in the final stretch of the day and you are an important PR that needs to be saved but that's an absolute last resort. Depending on the PR set up, it does us no good if you claim doctor when you are under very little or no pressure because then it is just an easy target for scum.

Which leads to the next point. One vote is not a lot of pressure, don't spill your life story just because someone put one vote on you. I will probably be the one putting out a ton of votes and yes, if I am voting for you (except for this first one) then there is probably a reason for my vote, maybe I do think you should be lynched, maybe I just want you to speak up more. Regardless, claiming instantly is not what I am looking for, that only hurts town in the long run.

So, RNG vote time to kick things off, this vote will solidify or be changed once the person named contributes a bit to the game. And we get number......12.....which is me so that's stupid since I don't vote for myself so let's try again.....4.

VOTE: Fireblend

Fake edit: Laughed at Fireblend bracing for the pre-typed post when he gets the vote.

Sorian

Banned
Vote: Karkador

Everyone agrees with lynching Day 1, yes?

Yes, I always feel that lynching day 1 is the correct answer. If we get to the very end of the day and there is absolutely 0 leads then maybe I'd consider a no lynch but agreeing on that at the beginning just lets scum coast through day 1.

I initially scum read you with the D1 lynch comment in love boat so this is off to a great start :p

Seriously though, RNG votes?

Mine is RNG, you shouldn't just assume right away that Flame's is though, he didn't say it was. And yeah, why not, I try to keep my vote up pretty much 100% of the time and being the first poster I have nothing else to go off of.

Camjo-Z

In 95% of circumstances, there is exactly zero reason to claim unless we are in the final stretch of the day and you are an important PR that needs to be saved but that's an absolute last resort. Depending on the PR set up, it does us no good if you claim doctor when you are under very little or no pressure because then it is just an easy target for scum.

Which leads to the next point. One vote is not a lot of pressure, don't spill your life story just because someone put one vote on you. I will probably be the one putting out a ton of votes and yes, if I am voting for you (except for this first one) then there is probably a reason for my vote, maybe I do think you should be lynched, maybe I just want you to speak up more. Regardless, claiming instantly is not what I am looking for, that only hurts town in the long run.

This is incredibly solid advice that I hope everyone here takes into account.

oh also I AM BAT-MITE! Using my fifth-dimensional imp powers, I can reach through time and space to fondle Joel Schumacher’s bat-nipples and give myself total immunity from all lynchings and night kills. However, this forfeits my ability to vote, as well as my ability to be taken seriously by critics. Since my indefinite presence is far more beneficial to town than one meager vote, I’ll just go ahead and give those suckers a tweak right now.

FONDLE: Joel Schumacher’s Bat-Nipples

Sorian

Banned
Nevermind, he did say it was RNG while I was typing. RIP me D:

This is incredibly solid advice that I hope everyone here takes into account.

oh also I AM BAT-MITE! Using my fifth-dimensional imp powers, I can reach through time and space to fondle Joel Schumacher’s bat-nipples and give myself total immunity from all lynchings and night kills. However, this forfeits my ability to vote, as well as my ability to be taken seriously by critics. Since my indefinite presence is far more beneficial to town than one meager vote, I’ll just go ahead and give those suckers a tweak right now.

FONDLE: Joel Schumacher’s Bat-Nipples

10/10 post lol I was a fan of your sarcasm in Love Boat so this will be fun.

Fireblend

Banned
Man, Agrabah sure is looking different today. Oh wait, I guess we're not doing that one anymore.

Alright then! Let's go through the usual. I agree with lynching D1, don't trust neutrals one bit, am not beyond policy-lynching inactivity and generally exhort everyone to post regularly and have a vote on someone but hopefully not as much as Sorian because I also have a thesis to work on.

As for a vote, let's go with my good friend:

Vote: weemadarthur

Because I've been looking for an excuse to do that for a while.

Also, nice meeting you, Camjo, that's one hell of an opening post.

Ty4on

Reminds me that I want a bat credit card avatar
I couldn't find any decent ones (._.)

You could have voted for yourself Sorian. Maybe RNGsus was trying to show you the light of self voting.

SkyOdin

Everyone agrees with lynching Day 1, yes?
Yeah, I'm fine with a Day 1 lynch so long as we have meaningful discussion about it. There is little point in just lynching someone at random, but we can get useful information if we turn this into a discussion.

Or so I gather from previous games and the mafia wiki, at any rate.
Seriously though, RNG votes?
Yeah, I don't really like the idea of a pure random dice roll to pick a target. It lacks weight and conviction. So I'll do a first vote with some more basis to it.

Sorian, you are making a strong effort to take the lead of the discussion from the start with that pre-made post, and you have a reputation for posting a lot. Since there is a good chance you are leading a discussion, I need to be extra careful that you are not mafia trying to slowly lead us astray As such, I will be putting some pressure on you to vet you a little.

VOTE: Sorian

Flame_AC

Just to check, is there going to be a new Season 5.5 spectator thread on OG? Or should we all lose access to the Season 5 one?

TL21xx

Banned
200w.gif

It begins!

No complicated pre-made post here, let's just dive right in.

Oh...

I'll go ahead and start sifting through the paperwork... Again...

Sorian

Banned
Alright then! Let's go through the usual. I agree with lynching D1, don't trust neutrals one bit, am not beyond policy-lynching inactivity and generally exhort everyone to post regularly and have a vote on someone but hopefully not as much as Sorian because I also have a thesis to work on.

If we are doing life story on thoughts and feelings, I am basically all of this except neutrals can make great allies in certain circumstances. This game could be one of our circumstances. Our win condition just says to eliminate all villians. I'd assume that is just the scum team and neutrals are something else (come on Superman neutral) so we don't need to kill neutrals to win.

Fireblend was a fairly useless first vote since I know he is active. Moving my vote to someone who hasn't posted yet since nothing about this post is overly suspicious. Also chosen by RNG but from a short list obviously:

VOTE: Trigger

Reminds me that I want a bat credit card avatar
I couldn't find any decent ones (._.)

You could have voted for yourself Sorian. Maybe RNGsus was trying to show you the light of self voting.

I could have but I'll save that for Kark. Real talk: nothing annoys me more than someone self-voting. I can only think of one case where it is actually helpful (a bomb player that kills someone who lynches them).

Sorian, you are making a strong effort to take the lead of the discussion from the start with that pre-made post, and you have a reputation for posting a lot. Since there is a good chance you are leading a discussion, I need to be extra careful that you are not mafia trying to slowly lead us astray As such, I will be putting some pressure on you to vet you a little.

VOTE: Sorian

This is extremely well reasoned and I don't really have much to say to it other than that. As our one full on newbie, I'm glad you've done your homework and you can feel free to suspect me or not as you will. I don't try to lead discussion but I am well aware that my high post count does tend to steer conversation so take that how you will and the best policy is always to fight me at every turn when you think something is wrong. I don't want sheep following me since I am wrong just as much as anyone else.

Just to check, is there going to be a new Season 5.5 spectator thread on OG? Or should we all lose access to the Season 5 one?

There are 3 separate spec threads for the mid season games.

OMGUS
VOTE: Fireblend

Gotta lynch you sometime. I look forward to my eventual success.

I support day one lynches because it gives us two cards to compare and contrast. Except of course if the mafia target is bulletproof, for instance. Town starts with nothing as to information, so getting role names and possibly role intensity and possibly even scum gives a place to start.

Flame_AC

Real talk: nothing annoys me more than someone self-voting. I can only think of one case where it is actually helpful (a bomb player that kills someone who lynches them).

Also when soon to be dead scum just ends the day early so town can't talk anymore.

Top Bottom