• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Oh, I just want to mention - when We were like five minutes before the end of the day, and people started to role claim, the thread went unresponsive. If you're going to role claim to save yourself, you need to leave enough time for people to change their votes even in the event of glitches. Five minutes won't do it.

Ty4on

Flux most certainly
I had El Topo on my town list
How strongly did you town read him and why?
It doesn't sound very strong when you also voted for him. Wouldn't a vote on someone else (like Mazre who voted Kark to break the tie) or standing strong have been a better option?

Fireblend

Banned
Deathly afraid of a tie
Also, look at the post when I voted for him, I said I was sorry

Why were you so afraid of a tie?

So afraid that you were willing to sacrifice someone you read as town to avoid it?

Walk me through your logic there.

---
suddenly i'm starting to regret my decisions up to this point

Please don't say this, at least pretend you had a purpose and didn't pull some bullshit capricious override that robbed us from valuable reads and allowed Flux to play like he's playing today for next to no reason. I really don't see how your override made any sense (and I read your post, it's hard for me to see how even if you had such a powerful town read on Flux that you had to save him, RNG'ing the lynch was a good idea at all), so please let me dream that you do.

How strongly did you town read him and why?
It doesn't sound very strong when you also voted for him. Wouldn't a vote on someone else (like Mazre who voted Kark to break the tie) or standing strong have been a better option?
Like I said, I really didn't want a tie to happen
And my town read was minor, nothing earth shattering
Kark got me all in a tizzy

Ty4on

For those curious about the votes:
Mazre voted Flux after the first tie had been broken, voted Kark to break his second tier and went back Flux at the very end.
Flux-Kark-Flux
Xam started at Flux, voted Topo after the second tie had been broken and then back to Flux after Topo's claim
Flux-Topo-Flux

Pop and Flame both started on Topo and voted Flux after Topo's claim. Flame first voted Kark after Topo's claim, but jumped to Flux just after that.
Fire voted Flux to break Kark's first tie and stayed there.
Topo-(Kark)-Flux

Flux selfvoted after Topo's claim and unvoted just after Kark tied again.
Flux-unvote

Topo voted for Flux some time after his claim.
-Flux
Camjo voted Topo after his claim.

TheGoddamn, Karu and Coppa all voted on someone else this whole time.
Ty4on, Sorian and TL21xx stayed on Flux this whole time.
Wee, SkyOdin and Trigger stayed on Topo this whole time.

So afraid that you were willing to sacrifice someone you read as town to avoid it?

---

Please don't say this, at least pretend you had a purpose and didn't pull some bullshit capricious override that robbed us from valuable reads and allowed Flux to play like he's playing today for next to no reason. I really don't see how your override made any sense (and I read your post, it's hard for me to see how even if you had such a powerful town read on Flux that you had to save him, RNG'ing the lynch was a good idea at all), so please let me dream that you do.
I was afraid scum would be able to heavily benefit off of a tie specifically because I think Flux is scum. If I didn't think one of the two were scum I would not have cared nearly as much as I did
TL:DR I thought scum would come out ahead because of a tie

Sorian

Banned

I know this isn't to me but I would have sacrificed someone I was town reading in that situation. A tie only hinders reads and a day 1 town read means shit all.

Sorian

Banned
D1 town reads can be OK. I was pretty certain Flame was town.

Any read can be good, risking a tie isn't worth that though. Xam shouldn't have moved votes in this situation though. Flux was at disadvantage, not Topo, Xam muddied it more for no reason.

Fireblend

Banned
I was afraid scum would be able to heavily benefit off of a tie specifically because I think Flux is scum. If I didn't think one of the two were scum I would not have cared nearly as much as I did
TL:DR I thought scum would come out ahead because of a tie
So you switched to Topo because you were soooo sure Flux is scum...? And if you were right then you'd be on the record voting for Topo instead of someone who was scum? K.

I know this isn't to me but I would have sacrificed someone I was town reading in that situation. A tie only hinders reads and a day 1 town read means shit all.
I am well aware of why an ordinary day lynch is better than a no lynch :p I wasn't asking because of a gap in knowledge.

So you switched to Topo because you were soooo sure Flux is scum...? And if you were right then you'd be on the record voting for Topo instead of someone who was scum? K.

I am well aware of why an ordinary day lynch is better than a no lynch :p I wasn't asking because of a gap in knowledge.
A death provides information, which I think is essential on D1, since I think it sometimes sets the tone for the rest of the game.

Ty4on

This is kinda irrelevant, but I think in our case a no lynch would have been better than Flame dying. All we learned was Camjo's role.

Sorian

Banned
To clarify, what we got was basically as much information as a no lynch but with a dead body. Completely wasted one of our numbers.

Camjo-Z

OK, I get it. The override was a bad move. BUT YA CAN'T WIN IF YA DON'T PLAY!!

Anyway, I am working on the assumption that Flux is town for now. Yeah, he's being a weirdo, but that seems to be a recurring theme. I can't imagine a scum team would be letting him run wild like he has been. And if he's mafia, he's clearly not especially powerful since nobody was speaking up to defend him yesterday or today. Let's move on to finding one of the real bad guys.

I was wary of El Topo's claim yesterday and it feels even lamer today. A one-shot mafia chat bomb that only lasts for one day/night phase? And he chooses to use it during the day? It's a pretty weak power all told, which makes it even weirder that he felt it was huge enough to prompt a last-minute scramble at the end of the day by outing but not fully revealing his role. That's basically saying "Vote the other guy, doc on me!" for a power that he not only can't prove the next day to provide us with a clear, but will also ultimately affect little in the game anyhow.

Coppanuva

Anyway, I am working on the assumption that Flux is town for now. Yeah, he's being a weirdo, but that seems to be a recurring theme. I can't imagine a scum team would be letting him run wild like he has been. And if he's mafia, he's clearly not especially powerful since nobody was speaking up to defend him yesterday or today. Let's move on to finding one of the real bad guys.

I was wary of El Topo's claim yesterday and it feels even lamer today. A one-shot mafia chat bomb that only lasts for one day/night phase? And he chooses to use it during the day? It's a pretty weak power all told, which makes it even weirder that he felt it was huge enough to prompt a last-minute scramble at the end of the day by outing but not fully revealing his role. That's basically saying "Vote the other guy, doc on me!" for a power that he not only can't prove the next day to provide us with a clear, but will also ultimately affect little in the game anyhow.

Because you seem to take issue with when it was used: When would you have used that power? He was an outed PR, he probably figured he would die over night and wanted to make sure it got used.

I have an idea
Why don't we push someone (I vote flux) especially hard for the next 24 hours or so. If the person is scum and el topo wasnt lying, they might crack like an egg because they might have gotten used to having a team to fall back on

Sorian

Banned

I think scum team is in a constant state of shaking their head with Flux.

As for Topo, I do still believe he is either Oracle or scum with a fake role and not the timid vanilla townie that Flux was trying to convince us of. I do have an issue with Topo's claim and I'm waiting for him to actually come back and answer my question.

Sorian

Banned
I have an idea
Why don't we push someone (I vote flux) especially hard for the next 24 hours or so. If the person is scum and el topo wasnt lying, they might crack like an egg because they might have gotten used to having a team to fall back on

I vote Karu only because slight pressure was already working wonders, Flux is already too far gone.

I have an idea

This might be the first useful statement you've posted for the whole game

Karkador.

Sorry peeps.

Your batcomputer gave a result of four bolded names. One of those names is now dead and verified as a town member. Does the batcomputer have anything to say regarding the other three bolded names?

Karkador.

Sorry peeps.

Your batcomputer gave a result of four bolded names. One of those names is now dead and verified as a town member. Does the batcomputer have anything to say regarding the other three bolded names?
I think the batcomputer is just kark's subconscious as a physical form

FluxWaveZ

I didn't do anything weird on Day 1. It seems like whatever I do, I'll get ganged up on, even when I'm trying to take the game seriously so... I guess the best move is to do nothing?

Ah well.

Sorian

Banned
I didn't do anything weird on Day 1. It seems like whatever I do, I'll get ganged up on, even when I'm trying to take the game seriously so... I guess the best move is to do nothing?

Ah well.

This "woe is me" shit is really old already. You make it sound like you played the most pro town game every played on day 1 and the big bad meanies are ganing up on you.

FluxWaveZ

This "woe is me" shit is really old already. You make it sound like you played the most pro town game every played on day 1 and the big bad meanies are ganing up on you.

Dude, relax a bit. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I'm not saying that I played the most pro town game on Day 1, either.

Fireblend

Banned

Ah well.
Were you working off the assumption that claiming mafia and antagonizing everyone was the best move just now to reflect you were taking the game seriously? Cuz that seems weird.

Pressuring Karu sounds good. I agree, if the scum team is fractured then we should absolutely press harder today, specially when it comes to potentially noob scum who might be lost without their support team.

Top Bottom