• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sanders campaign requests removal of 2 DNC members, threatens to halt convention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via the Rachel Maddow show-
Update: Rachel Maddow just reported that the Sanders campaign has demanded that Governor Malloy of Connecticut and Barney Frank be removed from their positions as chairs of the Platform and Rules committees at the convention because they won’t be fair enough to Sanders. If the DNC does not give in to this demand, the Sanders campaign has announced that it will use all procedural means to grind the Convention to a halt.

Here is the letter Bernie sent to the DNC

http://on.msnbc.com/25rp7jp

Here's the clip from the show.

Starts at 5:32

You can tell that Maddow who has been at least relatively kind to Sanders if not supporting him early on has soured so significantly on him.

She's a professional but imo you can feel the disgust she has for what's going.

sandersletter_160527.jpg

No official links yet, I'll add them as they're posted to this report.

Personally...I think that the Sanders campaign is trying to use a Trump-esque strategy? Since Trump made similar demands(Whether it was 'I don't want this moderator' or 'If you want me to debate, donate an X amount of money) so it's harrowing to see this come out of the Sanders campaign.

This is also coming after they agreed to give his campaign more control over the committee, so this isn't the first demand the Sanders campaign is making.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Using extortion as the loser? That's a new low, even for him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why don't they just kick Sanders out

he's not even a democrat

In Sandersworld, Cornell "first niggerized president" West's comments are beyond reproach, but Barney Frank is beyond the pale.

Can't wait to see the usual suspects in here if this doesn't get locked first!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He wants to get rid of Barney Frank, the guy who has done pretty much everything Bernie wishes he'd done? Pure salt.

giga

Bets on how many days it will take Bernie to renounce the letter D next to his name after he loses? I give it a week.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why don't they just kick Sanders out

he's not even a democrat

It's headed that way.
He is up for Budget Committee chair, and these are not the actions of someone of the democratic party.

I guess he will go down being a lowly old man with no accomplishments other than pissing off over half of a political party.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
As I said in the other thread...this is some school yard shit.

"Frankie was mean to me, so I don't want him at my party!"

harSon

Banned
Despite preferring Hilary, I never really disliked Bernie. I hate him quite a bit now. He's just being destructionist as fuck at this point.

Risette

A Good Citizen
posted in the other thread, but man, Bernie's downward spiral just gets more and more embarrassing.

The worst part is that the DNC can't even put their foot down without his campaign & supports crying about establishment, corruption, etc. So bad.

Hexa

Greatest election of all time all around folks. This one is not going to be topped.
We expected the Republican convention to be amazing, and it still might be, but the Democratic one will likely be even crazier.
This is great. :D

Suikoguy

He's not as smart as he seemed to be if he's putting the party against itself. Shameful, it's the worst time for that.

Seriously, the GOP just nominated an actual White Nationalist.

GhaleonEB

Jeez. I was once quite sympathetic to Bernie running through to the convention. But this is just petulant and childish.

The convention is in part to unify the party and before it even starts, he's making public enemies.

kcp12304

Banned
Let's remove two New England Progressives. An openly gay Congressman, co-creator of Dodd-Frank (b/c who cares about Financial Reform), and a Governor who is trying really hard right now to pass Criminal Justice Reform in his state

It's headed that way.
He is up for Budget Committee chair, and these are not the actions of someone of the democratic party.

I guess he will go down being a lowly old man with no accomplishments other than pissing off over half of a political party.
He'll go down as a sore loser that threw a giant hissyfit.

Drek

Fuck him, let him have his riot and crown Trump. I'd rather that than watch the last bastion of sanity in the political process cow tow to a halfwit ideologue and his cult of mysoginistic white privileged manchildren.

Barney Frank is a real progressive who accomplished real shit in office and now Sanders' little purity test is trying to rewrite history. He is so goddamn disgusting.

Armaros

Let's remove two New England Progressives. An openly gay Senator, and co-creator of Dodd-Frank, and a Governor who trying really hard right now to pass Criminal Justice Reform in his state

Correction, Barney Frank was a congressman not senator.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You and everyone else in the party! Barney Frank is awesome. If Warren is VP then he needs to take her place in the Senate.

Barney Frank should be VP. Would be a great VP, and a great checkmate move on the above letter.

sangreal

Gotta love how his biggest gripe with Malloy is that he pledged to work hard to elect Hillary. and someone that's a bad thing for the platform committee

Can't wait for this petulant shit to leave the party again

I don't understand what Sander's campaign aides think what will happen if they actually manage to steal the nomination from the person who got far more democratic primary votes. It's the same thing with Trump, while Hillary's supporters aren't as fanatic to her and only her, does Sander's campaign think they'll just accept this with no shitstorm?

Then again, he probably has several idealogues on his team wherein the ends justify the means.

Oh and Barney Frank has done more to advance the progressive agenda in congress than Bernie ever has.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is embarrassing. Really doing great things for progressives here. *eyeroll*

God an I glad I got off the Sanders bandwagon really early.

Even if he dos eventually "endorse" he's making himself completely useless.

A fucking albatross

cbrun44

Hopefully this will wake up "some" of his more fervent followers to the realization Bernie doesn't give a fuck about them. All Bernie gives a shit about is Bernie. It's pathetic. Sad little man baby.

RoKKeR

Stopped following the things on the Democratic side after Hillary locked it up, but this is just embarassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom