• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrats Are Desperate for Bernie Sanders' Email List

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbm24

Again, I'm not saying it's the right call but not immediately handing over the email list is probably so he has some leverage to get the party to make institutional changes and reforms. When Palmieri is out saying that "we shouldn't take protests as a sign to move left and people generally don't want $15 minimum wage" it's another sign that they Don't Get It. With Perez looking mighty close to becoming DNC chair Bernie can try to keep his list as motivation for them to clean house. I don't know if that's the right call or not.

Yeah! It's why he campaigned for Hillary after the primary was over, because he wanted Trump to win so bad!

An email list isn't going to make the DNC do anything. This OP article has given this email list some weird sense of power. It's a list, with or without it the DNC is going to move forward in whatever form that's going to be.

An email list isn't going to make the DNC do anything. This OP article has given this email list some weird sense of power. It's a list, with or without it the DNC is going to move forward in whatever form that's going to be.

Yep. If Bernie doesn't provide the list, that means the DNC is missing out on information that could potentially help the party appeal to his supporters who don't normally either vote or don't vote Democratic. It's a small number of people, but it's important.

The DNC will move forward either way - do Bernie supporters want that to be in the direction of where Bernie stands or not? Because if you all do want it to move towards Bernie, then you should want him to turn over that email list. You should've wanted him to do it months ago.

Axiology

Yep. If Bernie doesn't provide the list, that means the DNC is missing out on information that could potentially help the party appeal to his supporters who don't normally either vote or don't vote Democratic. It's a small number of people, but it's important.

The DNC will move forward either way - do Bernie supporters want that to be in the direction of where Bernie stands or not? Because if you all do want it to move towards Bernie, then you should want him to turn over that email list. You should've wanted him to do it months ago.

???

The DNC wants the list + Bernie doesn't want to hand over the list + The DNC will move forward either way, regardless of what he wants = If you are with Bernie you should want him to hand over the list?

Makes sense...

noshten

Why would anyone knowingly give the DNC their email address after this election? They proven themselves incapable of using such information and keeping it secure.

???

The DNC wants the list + Bernie doesn't want to hand over the list + The DNC will move forward either way, regardless of what he wants = If you are with Bernie you should want him to hand over the list?

Makes sense...

Bernie's email list can provide insight into the types of people that are on his list, but not the DNC's internal lists. This is going to be a small but important number since the vast majority will overlap.

Using the demographic data, political interests, location, voting trends, etc the DNC would be able to look at this group and better figure out what exactly it is they need to do to appeal to them (ie. why they were on Bernie's list and not theirs). This means moving the party in the direction of Bernie's ideas.

This is especially important for swing districts where elections can be so close. whyamihere talked about a close State Senate race in Delaware coming up where something like this list would be hugely important.

It's not about spamming Bernie's list with emails asking for donations. Most of the people on his list probably receive DNC emails already.

Axiology

Bernie's email list can provide insight into the types of people that are on his list, but not the DNC's internal lists. This is going to be a small but important number since the vast majority will overlap.

Using the demographic data, political interests, location, voting trends, etc the DNC would be able to look at this group and better figure out what exactly it is they need to do to appeal to them (ie. why they were on Bernie's list and not theirs). This means moving the party in the direction of Bernie's ideas.

This is especially important for swing districts where elections can be so close. whyamihere talked about a close State Senate race in Delaware coming up where something like this list would be hugely important.

It's not about spamming Bernie's list with emails asking for donations. Most of the people on his list probably receive DNC emails already.

That would be great if we ever got any assurance that that's what they want to do with it. The assumption that the people on his list already get DNC emails, and they just want to use it to move the party further to left doesn't make much sense to me at all.

KingV

This post is void of facts.

Nobody "made way" for Hillary. She won. Cite evidence to support your point.

The Dems will find a way forward whether Bernie plays along or not. My point is that in a years time when you're wondering why Dems aren't scrambling to support Bernie, shit like this will be the reason why.

I don't think most Bernie supporters care whethere or not Bernie is "THE GUY" in the Democratic Party, but they do want the party to be the party of the people and have similar goals, even if the details are different.

And the DNC needs to be sincere about not being Republican-lite. I like Bernie, while acknowledging that he is tone-deaf on certain issues. I also acknowledge that broadly, he has voted the right way on most issues, with a few notable exceptions. He's not the Messiah, and if he's too divisive, then I have no problem with it being someone else with a similar message and sincerity.

KingV

Why would anyone knowingly give the DNC their email address after this election? They proven themselves incapable of using such information and keeping it secure.

This is also a valid point. It's like the PSN of political email lists.

That would be great if we ever got any assurance that that's what they want to do with it. The assumption that the people on his list already get DNC emails, and they just want to use it to move the party further to left doesn't make much sense to me at all.

The assumption that most people on Bernie's list also get DNC emails is a pretty safe one, actually. Do you think Bernie magically found millions of people who never voted in a Democratic primary or donated money to Democratic candidates before? There is obviously going to be immense overlap between the two. Bernie ran in a Democratic primary and frankly had been popular in Democratic circles for years.

The party doesn't necessarily want to use it to move further to the left - they want to use it to better understand the types of people Bernie attracted but were never on any internal DNC lists. If the goal of the DNC is to try to bring these people on board, they are naturally going to have to move in their direction. Seems pretty clear to me.

legacyzero

Banned
I don't even think I'm an Ellison supporter anymore. After his showing at the DNC debates and weak presence, and lack of ball sack in the face of questions that might be tough, I'm not really convinced. That whole show was a fucking joke, and the DNC didn't learn shit.

https://youtu.be/02uhSjrkcDM

So much failure on one stage. Perez is a fucking corporate hack, and they LITERALLY dodged any question that tries to address the party divide, calling them "gotcha! Questions".

So disgraceful

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
To be honest - the DNC should be having Bernie himself send out e-mails for key races (like Delaware, etc) that are upcoming. Not realizing that and asking (if they have, an earlier post points out that the DNC hasn't actually asked Bernie about his list) Bernie just for the list for the sake of adding it to their own seems to be missing the point entirely.

The "outsider-y" reputation Bernie has can be leveraged by the Dems to reach more disaffected groups of voters in the future - I suspect it is worth the minor inconvenience of having Bernie send the email out himself to keep that reputation.

I don't even think I'm an Ellison supporter anymore. After his showing at the DNC debates and weak presence, and lack of ball sack in the face of questions that might be tough, I'm not really convinced. That whole show was a fucking joke, and the DNC didn't learn shit.

https://youtu.be/02uhSjrkcDM

So much failure on one stage. Perez is a fucking corporate hack, and they LITERALLY dodged any question that tries to address the party divide, calling them "gotcha! Questions".

So disgraceful

Mayor Pete for DNC Pres. Won't happen, but probably should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom