• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

roytheone

I think it is interesting to look at how this game having two scum teams would impact the way scum would behave. For example, having two scum teams probably means that they aren't that big. We can't have two teams of 5 for example, that would be broken. So if I had to guess right now, I would guess we have one team of 4 (church, including the hidden partner) and one team of 3 (school). This makes me thing scum would be less likely to bus one of their own. Losing a member if you are a small team of 3 is much worse then losing a member if you are a big team of 5. This is even more the case for the school members since losing a member for them means losing a role that can give points, which will slow down the speed at which they can transform people. I doubt school members would be willing to bus one of their own. Church members are a bit more likely to have bused, but if my guess is correct and they were only with 3 people in their chat from the beginning they will probably also have been reluctant to do that.

Another interesting point is that the school members have to actively try and dodge night kills from scum. This means they can't behave too towny, since then they take the risk of getting NK. It actually makes me second guess my town read on kristoffer, I initially thought he would probably not be scum since he did some very obvious weird stuff on day 1, but I could see that as a tactic from a school member to try and look a bit scummy to avoid getting NK by the church.

So kin does nothing? No change to win condition? From mazre's role pm and the fact that we have any kin at all, it's clear that we have more people in this faction. It appears to be a neutral faction. With no obvious kill, I'm not sure it even qualifies as a threat to town. But it certainly doesn't seem friendly.

I assume they are a threat, and that if they manage to transform everyone, they will not just leave the game as winners, but actually end the game with all other factions as losers.

But I do agree that without a kill, they are less of a immediate thread as the church. If we manage to remove all church members, that will hopefully remove night kills from the game, which will give us more time to hunt for the old ones. Hunting for church members should be our priority for now, but that doesn't mean we should just ignore old ones.

It is speculative, but I imagine that the Church could have a role which identifies others, they could be checking to see who all is on which team.

Ri'orius would probably be exactly that after he got activated.

I still don't believe that Freak is straight town vigilante, it just doesn't add up.

Why doesn't Freak being a straight town vigilante add up? Can you elaborate on that?

Huh, right. So when a train started going to save Mazre you just shrugged and said 'normal?'. Haha. Also, talking about odds, interesting you took a chance on me despite me being extremely low in votes earlier in the day. But, REASONS.2)
Hm!? Show me the receipts! Nah, seriously, I want to know who I'm interacting with to support that statement. Aside from Kris and Seath, I've got, uh, nothing.

Let me even take a step back and AGREE with you, I've had interactions of 10+-8, so what? I'd think with that reasoning Kristoffer would be the first one you look at, if not for how many people he implicates then for how many people cry he isn't scum. But nah. We got reasons, fuck logic.

Yeah, okay, we got reasons. I have a reason why you made this post: You're scum.

This is a prime example of a post where I don't know if you're genuinely misunderstanding me, or trying to twist the narrative. It might be innocent, it might be scummy but either way I find it hard to read. Therefore I'd rather you weren't in the game.

I'm pushed for time now but I'll revisit this later if you want. For now, if you were on a team with Mazre (as you seem to be claiming I am), how would you have played in the run up to yesterdays lynch?

Why doesn't Freak being a straight town vigilante add up? Can you elaborate on that?

I don't see why a vigilante would out themselves on day 2, with no provocation, and no real information. Sure we now have his word that scum failed to kill on N1 but is that really such an invaluable piece of information that he needed to out a really strong role that early? Particularly when he was using his reveal to make assumptions about scum/doctor night actions that definitely werent certain.
I'm not saying he's not town, and I'm pretty sure he's not scum. I just think theres more to that role.

I want to see some reads from everyone.

Verelios - So transparently on the attack path as a defensive maneuver after I poked his buttons. Probably nervous that I'm onto his games. He was 1 vote behind Mazre yesterday, so that makes him a good choice today since the suspicions against him are not assuaged by anything that's happened.

Johnnyquicknives - I still don't see the reasoning besides Veriolos' up above. He's been mentioning over and over again "well I don't see a Kris lynch happening today" so I think he is looking for a new target to divert attention to. I've got no reads on this dude.

Freakinchair - town. Duh. I believe his story about being a vigilante. I don't know if he can kill every night. But he likes me, so due to the tenants of cronyism, I can't vote for him.

Seath - I know he's scum because he sends me emoji through the scum chat.

Camjo - this guy, lol

vanguard - bat outta nowhere. What's his story? Where's he from? Worth questioning.

Haly - Was high on the suspect list and is now never mentioned. Proves that town just lynches talkers.

Nudull - I always pronounce this guy's name as no-duh because he's obvious healing church. Will be satisfied with a nudull lynch.

Kristoffer - Highly dangerous player. Either an obvious jester or brazen scum. Either way, clearly anti-town. Probably Mensis Church. This guy 1) had that weird post in the beginning of the game suggesting that the mafia were not beasts and then claimed he just didn't know that "threats" was the new nomenclature, 2) has explained away Mazre's inactivity until the very end, 3) immediately jumped the gun on chair being blocked, suggesting he is the blocker, appeared desperate when Mazre was being lynched, 5) has expressed wariness at the prospect of a vigilante hunting at night despite that player demonstrating ordinary judgment, and 6) won't answer direct questions... almost ever. Really strong case for a Kris lynch today.

roytheone

I don't see why a vigilante would out themselves on day 2, with no provocation, and no real information. Sure we now have his word that scum failed to kill on N1 but is that really such an invaluable piece of information that he needed to out a really strong role that early? Particularly when he was using his reveal to make assumptions about scum/doctor night actions that definitely werent certain.
I'm not saying he's not town, and I'm pretty sure he's not scum. I just think theres more to that role.

So you don't think he is scum, but then what is he? A town vigilante outing themselves on day 2 is a bit weird, yes, but a neutral claiming vig on day 2 is even weirder, that will just make them a target for scum during the night. He could also be a towny doing some kind of gambit, but in that case pushing him could force him to abandon the gambit which could have been good for town if it was a good one. Vigilante is a role claim which effects are the most in the open since kills are always shown at the start of the day, so I really don't see a reason to push him more for now.

I'm trying to bring your scumminess into open view

tease it out of you

you just sound like you're trying to hop on Chair

I'd like to prod him

his interactions and deflection of attention to others really makes me wonder

he came down hard on Ri'orius day 1

everyone just slept on it

but I'd still like to see

just ribbing you Kris, no hard feelings.

Seems like you guys really wanted me to join

I know, you know, he knows, Kristoffer was trying to run a train on me.

Why pussyfoot around

too many people are undecided

I'd like a Kristoffer

but I'd also take a johnnyquicknives

go ahead and share

I'm dick riding him and if I had a chance I'd do it again.

He was knee deep in

I'm up all night today

Tunneling into him

you'll have to pop out

I'd really like some more

I think now is a good time

Wow. Just after you finished up

here we go again.

You and Johnny are my number one

Learned quite a lot

interesting you took a chance on me

I've had interactions of 10+-8

Long night.

Traumatized when I go to sleep

Well thank you for setting our choices up

No. Thank you.

I believe this is what you call "breadcrumbing". But it's so cryptic and I don't know for sure. What do you all think Verelios' role PM says?

Lover

Seath - I know he's scum because he sends me emoji through the scum

Nudull - I always pronounce this guy's name as no-duh because he's obvious healing church. Will be satisfied with a nudull lynch.
There are 3 people in this game who prefer neutral pronouns. It has been a constant issue. How hard is it really to keep up with 3 names and avoid using male pronouns?

roytheone

There are 3 people in this game who prefer neutral pronouns. It has been a constant issue. How hard is it really to keep up with 3 names and avoid using male pronouns?

Actually, seath doesn't have a preferred pronoun and is ok with everything.

And that actually raises an interesting gafia wide question: right now Seath's pronoun shows up as [-] since he doesn't have a preferred one, while you and nudull show up as [-] because you prefer they/them. That's probably not ideal, maybe we should distinguish those two with different icons?

Actually, seath doesn't have a preferred pronoun and is ok with everything.

And that actually raises an interesting gafia wide question: right now Seath's pronoun shows up as [-] since he doesn't have a preferred one, while you and nudull show up as [-] because you prefer they/them. That's probably not ideal, maybe we should distinguish those two with different icons?
The rule states to use they/them for (-). Kris is mislabeling two people, one of whom has brought it up already.

I don't particularly care if people get it wrong for the most part, nor does seath. Obviously I have my limits when things feel deliberate and not accidental. Nudull, while trying to be tolerant, felt strongly enough to remind the thread to get it right.

I consider failure to follow the rule to be a real life scumtell, as it shows a lack of compassion.

The rule states to use they/them for (-). Kris is mislabeling two people, one of whom has brought it up already.

I don't particularly care if people get it wrong for the most part, nor does seath. Obviously I have my limits when things feel deliberate and not accidental. Nudull, while trying to be tolerant, felt strongly enough to remind the thread to get it right.

I consider failure to follow the rule to be a real life scumtell, as it shows a lack of compassion.
I took issue with what Palmer did and made a note to be careful with that. I knew Seath doesn't care but I forgot nudull did. Wasn't on purpose. Sorry!

So you don't think he is scum, but then what is he? A town vigilante outing themselves on day 2 is a bit weird, yes, but a neutral claiming vig on day 2 is even weirder, that will just make them a target for scum during the night. He could also be a towny doing some kind of gambit, but in that case pushing him could force him to abandon the gambit which could have been good for town if it was a good one. Vigilante is a role claim which effects are the most in the open since kills are always shown at the start of the day, so I really don't see a reason to push him more for now.

I'm not pushing for him. I was just listing him separately from the 3 known factions since right now his claim is unsubstantiated.

I'm split, I think he might have a town role thats different from(or a twist on) what he claims, you're right it could be a play my point was mainly that I'm still wary about his claim and therefore trusting his account of the night actions.
Otherwise he might have a neutral role that involves trying to kill someone/thing specific, in that instance the vigilante claim might have been to try and mitigate some of the attention he'd gathered on day 1.

Quoting myself to bump this for Kristoffer

You want to explain some of this Kris?
1) How did you know Freakinchair was roleblocked before he posted today?
A) How do you know he didn't kill Palmer?
B) How do you know he tried to kill at all?
2) What makes you assume there is a doctor and he'd protect chair?

Roy claims to have been turned into Kin. Is that the same as school of mensis? Because mensis had a chat. It would explain his "guessing" at the size of that team. Also he doesn't want to be killed so he's wanting to convince the town that mensis isn't a threat. But I suspect they will be at some point, just like Ri'Orius was supposed to turn into some sort of cop or something eventually during the game.

As a neutral in the past season, and viewing other Gafia neutrals, I think they're a solid threat. I see no reason not to lynch neutrals.

Also, are Kin = beasts? Because there are a couple people who have been very sure there would be beasts, which would gain power over time, and who weren't Mafia. If kin =\= beasts, who are the beasts? Freakinchair supposedly is to hunt them. Is he supposed to wipe out mensis?

Looking at Kris vs Verelios then:

Kris opened with a vote on Verelios at the start of day 2 as a reaction to speculating on meaningless fluff. He then goes back to Verelios with a legitimate push for that lynch over Mazre at the end of the day.

Verelios on the other hand again opens with a vote on Kris at the start of day 2 as little more than a poke vote. Which now seems to have evolved into him being completely convinced that Kris is scum. I'm not really sure where that conviction came from though. He calls out Kris' vote against Mazre, but later accepts that the vote was justified. Then we get to "I'm not sure if he's neutral or mafia" in 872, and now we're at "scum hiding in plain sight" in 1020. And whilst is seems like the conviction today is an OMGUS as a reaction to Kris' push on day 2, I'm not sure where the day 2 reads evolved from, or whether it was just a justification for keeping his vote there.

Quoting myself to bump this for Kristoffer
Okay, I was trying to ignore this so I wouldn't have to answer, but you win. :(

You want to explain some of this Kris?
1) How did you know Freakinchair was roleblocked before he posted today?
A) How do you know he didn't kill Palmer?
B) How do you know he tried to kill at all?
2) What makes you assume there is a doctor and he'd protect chair?
1) There's probably a roleblocker. I think Verelios, nudull, and in hindsight Mazre were all pretty obvious targets for Freakinchair, so blocking him would have the only reasonable decision to make.

A) Because Palmer was a good player and supported him. If Freakinchair was scum he would have kept as many people who agree with him as possible.

B) I don't, which is why I've speculated x-shot both during Day 2 and this Day cycle.

2) There's always a doctor. Who else would he protect?

Kris opened with a vote on Verelios at the start of day 2 as a reaction to speculating on meaningless fluff. He then goes back to Verelios with a legitimate push for that lynch over Mazre at the end of the day.

Verelios on the other hand again opens with a vote on Kris at the start of day 2 as little more than a poke vote. Which now seems to have evolved into him being completely convinced that Kris is scum. I'm not really sure where that conviction came from though. He calls out Kris' vote against Mazre, but later accepts that the vote was justified. Then we get to "I'm not sure if he's neutral or mafia" in 872, and now we're at "scum hiding in plain sight" in 1020. And whilst is seems like the conviction today is an OMGUS as a reaction to Kris' push on day 2, I'm not sure where the day 2 reads evolved from, or whether it was just a justification for keeping his vote there.
Good post. I'd like to ask: how do his posts read to you if you assume that Verelios is Healing Church? Does it make more or less sense?

I don't think I've ever said to give me one more day. I literally just have to post my track record so far and its enough. As for my roleblock - I got a pm literally saying that a mysterious figure has prevented me from using my action. Unless you think I'm a scum (aka mafia) who is claiming vigilante to cover the kills who also voted for and killed his own member on day 1. Or claiming that I'm a neutral who decided to randomly paint himself as a huge target to literally everyone in the game then I guess a vote for me makes sense.

I didn't claim you called for "one more day". I believe i saw two other people claim it though. From the beginning of the game, you struck me as having extra communication in the background. No, I don't believe you are healing church. I just think you're some non town faction and are covering for someone else.

Do you have special targets to kill?

Good post. I'd like to ask: how do his posts read to you if you assume that Verelios is Healing Church? Does it make more or less sense?

His posts could read as Healing Church trying to look consistent and latching onto a target they think feels justified enough to go after. Or town tunneling someone who voted for them/that they read as scum.

I don't think it's a particularly great look, but I'd like to see his response to this, and if he can outline a solid case against you.

Vote: Weemadarthur

Weemad, your day 1 vote seems to be entirely fluff which you never moved, two of your day 2 votes were poking for inactivity, including against someone who was basically confirmed not to be healing church by day 1 voting patterns, and your only other lead you abandoned to go after said person. And your only vote today is as fluffy as the sloth you voted for.

Verelios

"Squidyj has quickly brought my tenuous relationship with Ri'orius back into public scrutiny. I better suggest that he was alone, and then shift the attention onto Kris because people thought he was suspicious yesterday, so that might work again today."

It won't.

Vote: Verelios

I like how often my name gets mentioned in posts. It makes me feel like the hot girl that no one wants to be associated with but everyone wants to go home with.

Scum trick: distract as many people as possible by focusing on some currently inconsequential game mechanic that we aren't even sure exists yet, instead of talking about leads or suspicious persons.

I said Kristoffer's vote against Mazre was justified? No, I believe it was that I could understand someone arguing either way whether Kris had an actual reason to vote for Mazre or was protecting a scum mate. As for day 2, that was a strong gut reaction to Kris repeatedly baiting people without explanation. No one else was calling him out on it so I did. Afterwards, he just went from maybe scum to definitely acting scummy after his push to save Mazre. At that point it's a matter of perspective. I'm never going to be 100% sure he's scum until he dies. You're, or anyone else, is never going to believe my claim until then 100% too. But, I'm 99% sure he's cancer hiding in plain sight and you can't seriously tell me you haven't seen scummy tendencies from him.

If anyone can refute Kris showing Scum Scum Scum hands these past days, then I'll back off. But cmon fam, you guys are trying to look at everything but the freaking paint on the wall. Damn.

I didn't claim you called for "one more day". I believe i saw two other people claim it though. From the beginning of the game, you struck me as having extra communication in the background. No, I don't believe you are healing church. I just think you're some non town faction and are covering for someone else.

Do you have special targets to kill?

No. If I did I certainly wouldn't have opened myself up to being role blocked/killed like I did.

roytheone

Roy claims to have been turned into Kin. Is that the same as school of mensis? Because mensis had a chat. It would explain his "guessing" at the size of that team. Also he doesn't want to be killed so he's wanting to convince the town that mensis isn't a threat. But I suspect they will be at some point, just like Ri'Orius was supposed to turn into some sort of cop or something eventually during the game.

As a neutral in the past season, and viewing other Gafia neutrals, I think they're a solid threat. I see no reason not to lynch neutrals.

Also, are Kin = beasts? Because there are a couple people who have been very sure there would be beasts, which would gain power over time, and who weren't Mafia. If kin == beasts, who are the beasts? Freakinchair supposedly is to hunt them. Is he supposed to wipe out mensis?

What the hell are you babling about?

I assume they are a threat, and that if they manage to transform everyone, they will not just leave the game as winners, but actually end the game with all other factions as losers.

Chair, do you have the same win condition as the rest of us? I've mentioned this several times now but the way you claimed makes it sound like you don't. It makes it sound like you have specific targets.

I'm town reading JQK today versus having almost no impression the past two days. I can follow the logic of his posts. That being said, my reads have not been fantastic thus far and with multiple factions it is going to be easier for scum to blend in.

Or it ought to be, but some people seem to have next gen scumdars installed. By which I mean Roy, chair, and kalor, the only three to have been on both lynches. Their positions on the train vary so no one is looking perfect, but this is a good look especially if we assume small teams where bussing is discouraged.

It ought to be mentioned that Mensis members that happened to be on Ri'Orius would have reason to bus Mazre, knowing they would look good being on two lynches. However, it would really have been in their best interest for town not to know if their existence so they would have likely been very late on the Mazre wagon. Most innocent in this case would be Chair, most likely guilty would be Roy. Camjo is almost certainly not Mensis.

Snakes are crawling over every inch of this gods-damned forest.
ℌ𝔬𝔴 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔴𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔭𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔭𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔞𝔩 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔰?
All there is to see are snakes, snake balls, snake people and those demented twins who are also snakes.
𝔇𝔬𝔢𝔰𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔢 𝔩𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔫𝔬𝔴, 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥? ℌ𝔢'𝔰 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔱 𝔟𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔤𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔫𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔦𝔫 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔬𝔣 𝔜𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔞𝔪, ℑ'𝔡 𝔰𝔞𝔶. 𝔇𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔭𝔢𝔬𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔢𝔢 𝔥𝔦𝔪?
Of course not. They want to be entertained, not put to sleep by that weirdo's ramblings of vermin and filth.
𝔚𝔥𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔴𝔢 𝔨𝔢𝔢𝔭 𝔪𝔬𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤, 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔫? 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢'𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔱𝔱𝔞 𝔟𝔢 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔰𝔢𝔢𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔰𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔰.
Sounds like a plan. Hey, do you hear buzzing in the distance or is that just me?

Chair, do you have the same win condition as the rest of us? I've mentioned this several times now but the way you claimed makes it sound like you don't. It makes it sound like you have specific targets.

I'm town reading JQK today versus having almost no impression the past two days. I can follow the logic of his posts. That being said, my reads have not been fantastic thus far and with multiple factions it is going to be easier for scum to blend in.

Or it ought to be, but some people seem to have next gen scumdars installed. By which I mean Roy, chair, and kalor, the only three to have been on both lynches. Their positions on the train vary so no one is looking perfect, but this is a good look especially if we assume small teams where bussing is discouraged.

It ought to be mentioned that Mensis members that happened to be on Ri'Orius would have reason to bus Mazre, knowing they would look good being on two lynches. However, it would really have been in their best interest for town not to know if their existence so they would have likely been very late on the Mazre wagon. Most innocent in this case would be Chair, most likely guilty would be Roy. Camjo is almost certainly not Mensis.

I win by eliminating all threats to the town of yharnam - just like the rest of town.

I disagree with you on the rest. Mensis members are likely hiding in the verelios votes - there was no reason to bus on mazre when he could have literally tied with verelios by 1 vote. I have reason to believe that verelios could be church based on it and what happened in day 2 was a faction turf war.

not entirely convinced that this isn't a next-level scum gambit by Palmer, you can fool the GM but you can't fool me tbh I see through everything and I know the truth

lol

very surprised that Mazre was scum, thought he was just bored + inactive and that scum would try harder but I suppose it was all a sneaky double bluffing gambit, multiple scum factions make voting patterns a touch more difficult to parse and so whilst you can hypothesise who is unlikely to be on someone else's team that doesn't necessarily mean that they're Town

not entirely sure why Freakinchair's role is so contentious and shade being thrown again, lmao @ l'idee that after Ri'Orius carked it D1 that D2 another member of his team decided to pop up and make a very risky claim that would be disproven sooner rather than later and that would draw heaps of attention upon himself. Maybe it's slightly possible that he's Mensis but I severely doubt, again, that he would want to bring so much attention upon himself. Worst case scenario neutral at a stretch but severely doubtful he's on either of the scum teams rn and definitely not the scummiest player in the game as it stands. People are overcomplicating things, n'est-ce pas? Occam meet razor

roy's openness regarding being converted is interesting, although it brings up mathematical questions if Mazre could only give 2 pts, most likely that Mazre had two scumpartners. Cthulhu experience with multiple scum factions suggests 2 Church from start + hidden partner, but Cthulhu had two neutrals so idk... Win con suggests Church could be converted as well as Town

Verelios and Kristoffer are on the ride that never ends, constantly monopolising each other's attention and airing their dirty laundry in front of everyone else, it is quite tempting to lynch one so that they can leave their toxic relationship behind and hopefully find that new fresh dick that'll do right by them. I think we'd all like them to move on from the rubble of this relationship.

but this post is still giving me the strongest feels so for now

I didn't want to throw a vote on Kris again, but it seems likely that a lynching will happen for him tonight. Why not, I suppose.

VOTE: kristoffer

VOTE: Nudull

a lot of weird going on with this one that I'd like to unravel

hope everyone voted to remain in the EU today x

I win by eliminating all threats to the town of yharnam - just like the rest of town.

I disagree with you on the rest. Mensis members are likely hiding in the verelios votes - there was no reason to bus on mazre when he could have literally tied with verelios by 1 vote. I have reason to believe that verelios could be church based on it and what happened in day 2 was a faction turf war.

Unless Varelios is also kin or almost kin. Mensis needs people lynches that aren't kin, so it is going to be difficult to find them because their vote patterns are going to make sense basically only to them. I disagree we can make any assumptions about verelious' alignment based on what mensis may or may not have wanted unless it's to exclude him from being mensis. I think it is too early to do that. I agree and stated it would have been in mensis' best interest not to bus mazre but there is definitely some benefit to be gained if one did.

roy's openness regarding being converted is interesting, although it brings up mathematical questions if Mazre could only give 2 pts, most likely that Mazre had two scumpartners.

Ah, forgot to mention this. It is in our best interest for everyone to announce kin conversion. That will give us a way to at least try and track mensis votes.

As to their numbers, I'm leaning more towards two. If they all give out 2 points, it took three people to convert Roy, not necessarily different people. Since they had to pile on for the conversion, why wouldn't three people have just taken care of that n1 instead of waiting for n2? Of course we don't know if there is variance in the kb they can hand out of what else they might be up to so not much to the speculation right now. Although, this seems like a hard task for just two people.

OK, I missed this last night as I was writing a post at the same time and theres a couple of points to address.

Why him? He's extremely suspicious, at least in regards to being Mazre's partner/teammate.

Reasons? Right, because of course the only thing you learn is lynching either me or Kris, instead of Mazre.

But Kristoffer isn't really an option now because reasons.

OK, so you're quoting my posts in reverse order to fit your narrative better.
My 'reasons' for not voting Kristoffer were I wasn't reading his play style as scum. Irritating, but not scummy. You even quote me before the below.

Uhhhh, over defensive, right. Calling out Kristoffer's baiting as a scum move sure is defensive. Let me know how much Kristoffer pays for belt shine when you get back up.

yup, sure not over defensive.

Let's deconstruct his posts a little.

Lets deconstruct this post a little

There's one leading lynch target, Mazre. Kristoffer and Seath come out of nowhere and try to bus me, Johnny hops on almost immediately and is now trying to cheer the bus forward, with just enough hemming and hawing to seem impartial. Mazre isn't a good lynch target for...reasons. Kristoffer isn't a good lynch target for, again...reasons (posts weirdly, and seems scummy but whatever, not a good vote target(()!???)) okay).

Lets take it from the count.
Kris - 4
Mazre - 2
MickD - 2
Nudull - 2
Verelios - 1

after that Kris voted for you and Haly voted for Mazre (while I was typing my vote post).
I'll let you do the maths and justify why you say Mazre was the leading target.
I've also included Mick and Nudull in the list because at this point there was really no runaway concensus, votes were spread.

REASONS. Seriously, typing that doesn't invalidate someones reason for voting. I don't know how you play the game but not reading a player as scum is pretty much the primary reason not to vote for them.

I am a good lynch target for uh...well, I guess convenience. Responding is defensive play. Pointing out inconsistencies is defensive play. I'd bet talking about lore would be defensive play for Johnny. Well, well, well, that sure does sound like bussing me for 'reasons'.

The defensiveness is in the tone. I've covered the 'reasons' multiple times now.
Lore chat wouldn't be defensive but a pattern of posting about lore rather than the game to keep active without contributing? That I'd be wary of.

So what does this say about Johnnyquicknives? He's invested in Mazre's lynch, could have either tried to hop on Kristoffer's lynch train for convenience or is a teammate of Kristoffer, and I was the sacrificial lamb.

I was invested in your lynch. Mazre was the incidental side, not you.

Lots of people weren't really seeing Mazre as much more than getting rid of an inactive you even post this:

Why pussyfoot around inactives and take cheap shots when there's someone dangerous right in the open.

to try and rally votes against Kristoffer. I think we can all read which which inactive player people were pussyfooting around.
So why were you so invested in saving Mazre? Reasons?

Verelios

Invested in saving Mazre? I just generally thought Kristoffer was scum and was ready to be lynched if people would snipe him next night. As for Mazre, I had no beef for or against him. He was just an inactive that I wouldn't have minded getting bussed but felt Kristoffer was a much better target.

But you? Are you seriously saying there was no intention to protect Mazre by lynching me? You state I can't just claim reasons, but that's all you're hitting me with. Fluff arguments.

Plus, how many posts about lore have I made. 3? 4? Nice try deflecting. I'm not even sure it exceeds 3.

Also, are you going to explain your statement where you said I interacted with errrrybody so a lynch was welcome or naw, just saying things for 'reasons'.

Day 3 votes

nudull (4)
squidyj 967
freakinchair 984
never forever 1083
kristoffer 1087

johnnyquicknives (4)
mickd 1014
flame_ac 1026
zippedpinhead 1040
verelios 1041

freakinchair (1)
kalor 981

seath (1)
seath 997 (1035)
weemadarthur 1038

drencrom (1)
seath 1035

weemadarthur (1)
crimsonfist 1073

red_1466974800.png

This keeps nagging me, but "bussing" refers to scum players decrying their own teammates for town credit. "Throwing them under the bus." If you're doing this, you probably want to keep it a secret.

Verelios

This keeps nagging me, but "bussing" refers to scum players decrying their own teammates for town credit. "Throwing them under the bus." If you're doing this, you probably want to keep it a secret.
Does it? I've never heard bussing be referred to like that. Is it Mafia specific terminology?

Nudull

Banned
So here we are with the same people pushing the same vote on me, even though I've been as open and attentive as I could. None of this strikes you all as odd? Yes, I've used my vote on Kris twice now, but I've had my reasons to. I may be new and all, but you're wasting your time on me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Does it? I've never heard bussing be referred to like that. Is it Mafia specific terminology?

Yes it is.

Although in my opinion "bussing" refers to the specific act of voting to lynch your partner so you can later turn around and go "see I voted for him!".

Vote: nudull

Just playing follow the leader at the moment. I didn't really expect Riorius or Mazre to flip scum so it's evident my instincts can't be relied on. Palmer also wanted to "watch" JQK if mazre flipped so honestly I'm fine either way.

Top Bottom