• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 5: Last Round |OT| Bouncing on new systems.

Eolz

Only interested in the Falcon pack in this one, but this is really the price those season passes should have been. Nice deal if you like all the costumes imo.
(Also good price for the game!)

Eolz

Does anyone know if the $40 version on PS4 is a good version?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ound/cid=UP4108-CUSA01627_00-DOA5LR0000000000

Does it have a good amount of content?
I read the first post but couldn't find the information.

Yep! It's on sale right now and has (same with the X1 version) the most content out of any version, as shown on the official website: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/productInfo.html .
You get the full roster (apart from a character released in March), all the game modes, and still a lot of costumes to unlock at first (even if it received a lot more later).
If you want the game, it's the same as the disc version, no content missing apart from all the dlc released since obviously :p

Yep! It's on sale right now and has (same with the X1 version) the most content out of any version, as shown on the official website: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/productInfo.html .
You get the full roster (apart from a character released in March), all the game modes, and still a lot of costumes to unlock at first (even if it received a lot more later).
If you want the game, it's the same as the disc version, no content missing apart from all the dlc released since obviously :p

Looking at that website - are there really 400 costumes in the game?
That is crazy.

Eolz

There's about as many in DLC, they had to stop supporting the PS360 versions because they maxed out the store limit lol.
To be fair, many of those costumes are just recolors or the same on various characters. Still, there's a good variety, even with the free ones thanks to all the content released on the previous versions.

Edit: you can see most of the costumes included here: http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/costumes.html

Azuardo

I want to play with these

ClKVb5gVEAAaT_P.jpg

Just started using Naotora. She looks great, but I dont like her fighting style much at all. It feels too shallow.
No just-frame or tough to execute throws and juggle combos that consist of kkkkkkkkk feel underwhelming. I wish she'd stop apologizing too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Just started using Naotora. She looks great, but I dont like her fighting style much at all. It feels too shallow.
No just-frame or tough to execute throws and juggle combos that consist of kkkkkkkkk feel underwhelming. I wish she'd stop apologizing too.

I say its a loyal conversion from the game series she comes from. /jk

Eolz

DOA Festival will be livestreamed on youtube this year (in about 5 hours).
Also on NicoNico but who would watch it there :p

Hopefully they start teasing DOA6 since it's the 20th anniversary this year...

Azuardo

Ugh, this. I don't like her apologetic attitude. Her turning her face away on her CB pisses me off. I don't get why they make these types of characters to this extent in fighting games. And yeah, I didn't like her mashy style much. Shame really, 'cos I think her style could work great, but it's executed poorly from what I played. But maybe I played too little of her.

I sincerely hope DOA6 is teased, but not holding my breath. I really want to get hyped back into DOA again, and atm, only some DOA6 news/footage will do that. Got too many games to get through in limited time to start DOA5 again right now :/

Hubb

Would they really tease it when they are still making DLC for 5? I guess it is possible and I am no businessman, but I'd be surprised.

It looks like the last 15 minutes of the stream will be about new info for DoA5. I don't think I can stay up that late.

Kuksune

Wow, Mai from King of Fighters is coming to Last Round. She looks fantastic.

My one hope for these collab characters is that they also come to DOA6. Gonna be a real pain for those who get attached to a popular character like Mai or the VF characters, only for them not to be in DOA6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlScIHLhG10

Cm6QFTUUcAARrXZ.jpg

A perfect fit for a guest character. I haven't been hyped on doa5 dlc in a good long while, but this i really look forward too.

Hubb

It would be nice if the collab characters carry over to DoA6, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Naotora is the only character that has a chance if she is popular. She is the only collab character owned by KOEI Tecmo right?

Azuardo

It would be nice if the collab characters carry over to DoA6, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Naotora is the only character that has a chance if she is popular. She is the only collab character owned by KOEI Tecmo right?

Think so, yeah.

With how much they're still supporting DOA5 tho, it would be a huge missed opportunity to not have all these characters and costumes carried over to DOA6. Really hope they get something in place, especially since they'd be on the same platforms (it's not like a generation switch between the games).

Eolz

Mai is a perfect fit yeah. She will likely be pretty interesting in terms of moveset too, due to all the differences...

I don't see Naotara returning in DOA6 tbh, but I could potentially see the VF ones returning, due to the history and similarities. Sega seemed fine for the deal too, since they were controlling which costumes were allowed or not.
Mai seems to be pretty much just to help promoting KOF XIV and a nice homage for now.

Hubb

Maybe I am giving them too much credit, but I think they know they need to be very careful with how they handle DoA6 announcement.

If it isn't a huge visual upgrade and they don't offer tons of costumes at launch, are they going to be ready for the blow back? If they do a pretty big overhaul and due to budgeting limit the amount of characters at launch, are they going to be ready for the blow back? Can they announce DoA6 while still working on DoA5? How long between tease and release? 1 year? 1.5 years?

Apparently DoA5 is still making them enough money to focus on it so they aren't going to want to fuck up any goodwill by screwing up how they tease/announce DoA6. Fighters seem to have a hard time bringing in new people and specially new younger people, so whatever they do they'll have to knock it out of the park. Then again maybe fighters don't lend themselves to streaming. Which is bad, Twitch and the like can be very powerful marketing.

EDIT: Is AoT the last DLC part of season pass 4?

Azuardo

They must be considering different options right now and looking very closely at how SF5 does/has been doing with its free character DLC. There's no question the free version of DOA5 is one of the best in the business, but if they can also incorporate free character DLC into the equation then that would be perfect. They clearly make their money from the great costumes, and must want to stretch that for as long as possible up until DOA6. If they're making money, there's no need to stop now, but it will be difficult what to do closer to DOA6 release.

I personally wouldn't mind if they went all out with a fresh approach on DOA6, even if that meant incompatibility with current costumes. But I guess I can say that because I know my main will be in the game and I've only bought a handful of costumes. Small rosters are the norm in new mainline entries, but if character DLC can be free and they follow the SF5 model of not doing any major new "ultimate" editions in the future, I will be happy with that. Given DOAX3's look, I don't think the visual upgrade will be as huge as people are hoping. The girls in X3 look great, but it's more the soft engine and other little details that are the bigger upgrades. The hair clipping is still a seriously ugly issue that they need to sort out tho.

This feels to me like a sort of "last big yearly update" to DOA5, because the collabs are really solid for the rest of 2016. I could guess a DOA6 announcement later this year with a late 2017 release, perhaps.

As for AOT being the last of SP4...I don't know.

Hubb

I agree that there probably won't be a huge jump in improvement in the models (outside of the people who aren't in X3). The best we can hope for is whatever resolution upgrade Neo brings, but I do hope they do something with the hair. I know hair is tricky, but it is quickly (if it hasn't already) gotten to the point where it is distracting how bad the hair looks compared to the models.

I guess the only compromise on shitty hair I'd be willing to make is if they let us switch the hair styles like X3 and offer a lot of options. Otherwise don't mess with the hair outside of the color and make it look as good.

Edit: It looks like AoT is the last of season 4, and they have already teased new DLC + Halloween DLC. Season 4 may not be the last season...

ShinMaruku

You should expect 6 to have some of the collaberation characters, the VF ones have a high chance, Mai has a high chance because she's a multi format character, the others it depends. Hayahsi got to work with NINTENDO of all people they can get this stuff done.

Azuardo

You should expect 6 to have some of the collaberation characters, the VF ones have a high chance, Mai has a high chance because she's a multi format character, the others it depends. Hayahsi got to work with NINTENDO of all people they can get this stuff done.

That...actually raises the question of whether a Nintendo guest character could appear in DOA some day. With Hyrule Warriors and Nintendo branching out more with its IPs to third parties etc, I'm surprised it's not already been done. But what Nintendo character would fit into DOA? Captain Falcon..? Ehh, on second thought, perhaps they don't have many options. Everyone is too deformed/non-human or uses a sword. Maybe Samus, but you'd be grasping at straws to make her moveset work without her gunarm and pistol.

Azuardo

Ah yeah, of course. What am I thinking? A Nintendo character wouldn't appear on the other versions, even if there was a Nintendo one lol

btw, when I first glanced at a pic of Mai in DOA this morning, I actually thought it was a costume for Momiji. Look so similar.

ShinMaruku

Ah yeah, of course. What am I thinking? A Nintendo character wouldn't appear on the other versions, even if there was a Nintendo one lol

btw, when I first glanced at a pic of Mai in DOA this morning, I actually thought it was a costume for Momiji. Look so similar.

Momiji's design is kinda similar to Mai's there are a few ladies who theses characters are based on.

Eolz

I sadly can see them go for a season pass 6 if 5 ends on Halloween costumes.

Until DOA sells well on a Nintendo console, it's doubtful.

Not really. It's like Hyrule Warriors or other spinoffs strategies in the past. If it helps to sell, it's a good thing. Doubt there'd be a Nintendo character mainly because it wouldn't fit, more likely to have Nintendo costumes like Tekken Tag 2 had. DOAD also didn't sell too badly.

I sadly can see them go for a season pass 6 if 5 ends on Halloween costumes.
Most seasons have 5 packs, so if it starts in August, it should end in December, which is the last announced pack. (Besides the currently missing November.)

I think this will probably be the last season. The game is 5 years old by now, and ending it close to the 20th Anniversary of the series seems fitting. (Hopefully with an accompanying DoA6 announcement.)

Mesharey

That...actually raises the question of whether a Nintendo guest character could appear in DOA some day. With Hyrule Warriors and Nintendo branching out more with its IPs to third parties etc, I'm surprised it's not already been done. But what Nintendo character would fit into DOA? Captain Falcon..? Ehh, on second thought, perhaps they don't have many options. Everyone is too deformed/non-human or uses a sword. Maybe Samus, but you'd be grasping at straws to make her moveset work without her gunarm and pistol.
I also read that Nintendo is the one that asked Team Ninja to add Ayane in Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water.

They added a Metroid Prime stage before in DoA: D so it's possible.

Probably zero suit samus.

Btw. Is there a sale for the game in the UK store?

Eolz

Yep, the game is on sale for 22£ until the 13th. Possible it is about the same price physical nowadays too.

Eolz

I mean Samus got official relatively skimpy outfits, and a physique similar to Sarah.
Like Sega did, pretty sure crossover characters owners can limit which outfits are allowed or not. Only one I'm surprised Sega allowed was the Valentine Day's one.

I don't think the backlash would be that big for a crossover tbh. The problem is getting bad/mediocre main games and I'm pretty sure they're working on something else for Samus as well.

Anyway, yeah, Shopto is legit, get a physical copy unless you prefer digital, still a good price there.

Azuardo

I hope they will do an NX version of DOA5, or put DOA6 on there. Would be good to have a mainline entry on a Nintendo console.

Eolz

I hope they will do an NX version of DOA5, or put DOA6 on there. Would be good to have a mainline entry on a Nintendo console.

Signs point to doubtful on 6 but 5 could happen but that depends on what Nintendo's goals are.

I don't think that's a question of Nintendo's goals, but more of what KT is willing to put there. They'll support NX for sure, but hopefully with more than just the usual Musou port.
I'm sure we'll see another DOA on the next handheld for example (like they tried with Dimensions, 5+, and since Vita is dead...), a console port of 5 would be easy to do unless there's some really weird/complicated stuff happening backstage.

ShinMaruku

I say Nintendo's goals in that it can give Koei a good idea where the market is to put the game. If DOA6 is going to be more close to current gen the nx could be a bit of a miss depending on their hardware, also the size of the userbase. If it does wii u numbers DOA might not move to it. Also depends on how their online is, if they can get a robust online story then DOA can be profitable.

As to Handheld there is a good opportunity.

Top Bottom