• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COO of Sega EU: “We Have Some IPs Releasing [On PC] 2017" (2016 some of them)

celsowmbr

Banned
RPS: You have a lot of IPs, of course, some of which we haven’t seen for a long time.

Post: We have different initiatives around the older Sega IPs. The Megadrive Collection is one of those, for the people who want to play retro games. But then we have games like Shenmue, which was pretty much at the top of every list of titles that people wanted to see revived. We have more though and we’re constantly looking at them.
We have some great IPs coming out next year and we’ll have announcements toward the end of this year about some of those. New versions of old games.

source

full interview

hqdefault.jpg

Release me on PC if is old

z1ggy

Vanquish 4k/+60 fps would be beyond amazing. I would even update my PC for it, even if it's for 4 hours lol.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Got to say they have some great IPs but the wait for ports is taking seemingly forever and the buss kinda died after they took a whole year after valkyria to port a mediocre sonic game.

Though I'm really looking forward to the inevitable vanquish port!

DJIzana

Oh god what I wouldn't give for a remake of PSO Episode 1 and 2 using like UE4 or something. I don't even want PSO2 any more. It's... not bad by any means but it's no PSO Ep 1 and 2.

Heck, even a new Phantasy Star single player game would be amazing.

Would also love to see Skies of Arcadia or Spike Out return too. :D

I know you're a mainly PC focused studio sega, and I don't want to be the one to port beg, so I'll just leave my wallet by my consoles and hope the message reaches you somehow.

Lime

Why can't they just announce them now? I need to adjust my expectations properly as to not get my heart broken

The only two questions that need to be answered is what games and when, everything else is just hot air.

It's time for Sega to put-up or shut-up, because all this blue-balling is incredibly annoying.

KR_remix

The question right before the one in the OP is also relevant.

RPS: There’s a trend of big publishers having a smaller indie branch – things like the Square Enix Collective, EA Originals – is that something you’re interested in?

Post: Yes. We have an initiative internally called Sega Searchlight. It’s another one of our pillars. The name tells you what it is – it’s a way of searching for the best products, and a good example is Playsport. Motorsport Manager is, we believe, a fantastic game, which can definitely work on PC. We can make it bigger than it is at the moment and it can grow into a pillar over time.

We’ll have more announcements from the Searchlight team. It could be supporting smaller studios and startups, it could be PC ports. We’re looking at all of the content from the Sega catalogue and asking, “can we bring it back?” and how would we do that? Not just simple ports, but focusing on quality.

Maybe we will also see some more series make a retro come back like Sonic Mania.

We have some great IPs coming out next year and we’ll have announcements toward the end of this year about some of those. New versions of old games.

Would stuff like Bayonetta and Vanquish be called old games in this context?

Seems more likely sixth-generation stuff like Shenmue.

mrmickfran

The only two questions that need to be answered is what games and when, everything else is just hot air.

It's time for Sega to put-up or shut-up, because all this blue-balling is incredibly annoying.

Hehe, blue-balling

It's funny cuz of Sonic... hehe

kevin1025

Banned
Can't wait to hear what this all could be!

As others before me have said, Skies of Arcadia would be incredible, if that ever made a comeback to consoles and PC. I never got to experience that one.

Sega Searchlight sounds pretty neat, too. Hopefully before the end of the year we get to hear what some of that could be.

celsowmbr

Banned
wheres the

In the title coming from? Doesnt sound like there's anything releasing this year? Annoucements yes, releases, no?

here:

And yes, "announcements"

Look I just need Platinum's collection on Steam... But if they continue, then give me Virtua Fighter and all that good stuff too.

The teasing sucks when the ports are a year apart and Capcom pumps out multiple remasters at a time.

celsowmbr

Banned
Yeah, only announcements, the way the title is worded is "We have some IPs releasing 2017...2016 some of them" sounds to me like he's saying there are games coming this year, which isn't quite right

You are right !

I would like to use the tile COO of Sega of Europe: “We Have Some IPs Releasing [On PC] 2017, We’ll Have Announcements At End Of 2016 About Some Of Them” but it was very big :(

jonno394

You are right !

I would like to use the tile COO of Sega of Europe: “We Have Some IPs Releasing [On PC] 2017, We’ll Have Announcements At End Of 2016 About Some Of Them” but it was very big :(

LOL, sorry bud, I just wanted clarification as I thought I was missing something.

I still have hope we'll get some November releases like we have done the last few years!

Zia

Keep in mind that their last big PC port was Valkyria Chronicles in November 2014.

So, yeah yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

Spaghetti

Vanquish is all but confirmed, but it doesn't seem like SEGA is going to be one and done for 2016. That's exciting. VF5 pls.

when is shenmue 3 coming? I just assume they will time 1+2 hd with that.
December 2017 if it doesn't get delayed, but every game this generation has at least one release date push back. I'd say 2017 is safe for Shenmue remasters though, SEGA have to smell money.

Top Bottom