• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

I don't care about VW cars. I just hope that there wont be another Porsche pass.

each month had the monthly dlc cars, Porsche and NASCAR were additional but didn't postpone other DLC. So what is the problem? If you don't like Porsches, just don't buy the DLC.
(please don't read "passive aggressive" into this, not meant that way!)

VRMN

I don't care about VW cars. I just hope that there wont be another Porsche pass.
To be fair, the Porsche thing in Horizon 2 and FM6 has a lot to do with EA owning the license. EA will sublicense to Microsoft, but only as DLC and they get a cut, so it's always paid DLC separate from a season/car pass.

xrnzaaas

each month had the monthly dlc cars, Porsche and NASCAR were additional but didn't postpone other DLC. So what is the problem? If you don't like Porsches, just don't buy the DLC.
(please don't read "passive aggressive" into this, not meant that way!)

The urge was too strong. Playing a racing game without driving a Porsche is just not right. ;p And I what I meant is that I hope for the Porsche cars to be included in the game from day1 since EA doesn't have the exclusivity deal anymore.

HiiiLife

Is there a page anybody can link me to regarding the co op? I saw the trailer at e3 but I'm still wondering....so is it to just random side missions you can do together? Not a campaign?

m23

Is there a page anybody can link me to regarding the co op? I saw the trailer at e3 but I'm still wondering....so is it to just random side missions you can do together? Not a campaign?

Yeah I'd also like some more info on the coop stuff.

Don't have a link handy, but the campaign supports co-op, up to four players, I think.

LoveCake

There was talk in the Forza Motorsport 6 thread and a Gaf member put in a link about the license to EA that Porsche has, now I cannot remember exactly but I'm sure that it said something about the deal says that EA have a say on if Porsches can be released on launch or have to be released later on, with Forza Motorsport 6 it was handled well because you had special races in the pack, but this wouldn't work with Horizon, If a pack comes out then I will probably get it, but it depends on how much I have completed, as long as RUF are in there I make do with them, there are a few tuners that basically change enough on a Porsche that the car is not really a Porsche anymore, I would love RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF (RWB) cars to be in either Motorsport or Horizon.

q70Iqac.jpg

Dalto11

So if I order the Physical version of the Ultimate edition for Xbox One, do I get the PC version as well since it comes with a digital code?

Lima

So if I order the Physical version of the Ultimate edition for Xbox One, do I get the PC version as well since it comes with a digital code?

Buy the digital version from the Hong Kong marketplace with PayPal. Play even earlier and save a lot of money.

#fuckphysical

If volkswagon is out will it's subsidiary companies also be out? VW owns Audi, Bently, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Porsche. Would really really suck if those weren't in either.

Hawk269

How is this game looking so good and running on Xbox One?

The devs just becoming better with the hardware. You have to remember this is the teams full on second game on the system, plus there is the things they share with Turn 10 which also have 2 games on the system under their belt as well. Kind of like how we went from Forza 2 to Forza 3 and then even moreso Forza 4 on the 360. The advancements they made was pretty big. Playground are just very talented and being able to develop a second game on the Xbox One with the experience from the FH2 and Turn 10 this is what you can get.

murgo

If volkswagon is out will it's subsidiary companies also be out? VW owns Audi, Bently, Bugatti, Lamborghini, and Porsche. Would really really suck if those weren't in either.

Lamborghinis and Audis are in (you can see the current R8 in promo material)

That just straight up sucks.

It does, it seems like it's a thing on VW's end to me. The Forza post (which of course is likely biased to their own side but still) mentioned something about the wants of the licensors not always lining up with their wants and the customers. Something has definitely changed considering VW seemed perfectly fine with every past game and all of their sub companies are still present.

Dalto11

Buy the digital version from the Hong Kong marketplace with PayPal. Play even earlier and save a lot of money.

#fuckphysical

Meh, I like physical for my collection. I figured the "Physical" edition was just a steelbook and download case like a lot do. I'm surprised it includes a disc, but given my shitty 3 megabit per second internet I'm happier not having to wait literally days for it to download, even if it means giving up the free PC version haha. Also with Prime my order came out to the same cost, about $80 USD.

Noobcraft

It does, it seems like it's a thing on VW's end to me. The Forza post (which of course is likely biased to their own side but still) mentioned something about the wants of the licensors not always lining up with their wants and the customers. Something has definitely changed considering VW seemed perfectly fine with every past game and all of their sub companies are still present.
Having not looked into it at all, it wouldn't surprise me if VW wanted more money for the license to try to offset (very slightly) the $1.2B or so they're set to lose in their TDi car settlement in the states.

xrnzaaas

It's not a problem with VAG, just with the Volkswagen brand. Otherwise this would've been a huge huge problem. It's hard to guess the reason... maybe they wanted some kind of special treatment like Ford is getting, dunno.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is their any downside to doing this?

Only problem can happen if you want a refund and they question it. If it's your first time it shouldn't be a problem. I got questioned when they saw I had multiple purchases from several countries within a 3 week period.

Upside is cheaper and the preload unlocks nearly a day earlier. DLC will also work regardless of region.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

#fuckphysical

What limitations are there with play anywhere? I want to play on my PC too - would I need to switch my region on my PC or will it be transparent?

xrnzaaas

Still not sure which version to get. Is the VIP membership worth it? And the season pass?

VIP Pass imo was never worth it. You can manage without a few extra cars and having a lot of credits wasn't a problem in FH1 and FH2.

As for car (season) pass... hard to say without knowing the list of cars. I've bought one for FH2, but not at full price and I enjoyed most of the new cars.

Still not sure which version to get. Is the VIP membership worth it? And the season pass?

You can play the base game and be more then fine, unless you have a NEED to buy every car. And you can always buy individual cars as they come out. The main reason to get the deluxe version is to play it early.

terrible

Banned

Given the amount of cars already available in the base game it's probably not really worth it. There's guaranteed to be enough cars you'll like in the game already. Then again if you're like me and you need every car for some unknown reason then yeah, get it.

edit: damn it, beaten

Lego Boss

How is this game looking so good and running on Xbox One?

Last gen it was the first party games that made the PS3 sing, this gen it looks like the same applies, but to BONE instead.

I'm trying to avoid any media around this, but l saw the Dodge trailer on Forza Hub yesterday and the lighting is just amazing. Playground are amazing and that's why l'm buying the Ultimate Edition as talented developers deserve that support.

This game is gonna be my life for at least four weeks after release. So hyped and not ashamed to say it!

Adry9

VIP Pass imo was never worth it. You can manage without a few extra cars and having a lot of credits wasn't a problem in FH1 and FH2.

As for car (season) pass... hard to say without knowing the list of cars. I've bought one for FH2, but not at full price and I enjoyed most of the new cars.

You can play the base game and be more then fine, unless you have a NEED to buy every car. And you can always buy individual cars as they come out. The main reason to get the deluxe version is to play it early.

Given the amount of cars already available in the base game it's probably not really worth it. There's guaranteed to be enough cars you'll like in the game already. Then again if you're like me and you need every car for some unknown reason then yeah, get it.

edit: damn it, beaten

Thanks! Was afraid of missing out on a lot of things because of not having the VIP membership. Don't care much for playing it 3 days earlier and I can always get the season pass later so I think I'll stick with the standard version.

Top Bottom