• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Azzawon

Week 6 of the Horizon 3 garage has been released, and it's a good one. This is the last week of cars to be announced.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh3_forzagarage_week_6

1972 Reliant Supervan III
There is not a much better example of British vehicular eccentricity and thrift than the Reliant Supervan III. Nor, frankly, is there a better example of a vehicle more likely to find itself on its side after some aggressive driving. Reliant vehicles, like the Robin, Regal, and utilitarian Supervan, are three-wheeled and built around a motorcycle engine. Drivers only need have a motorcycle license to pilot a Reliant on public roads and even though 29 hp is not much power, it is enough to propel the diminutive ride to highway speeds. With even a spare wheel, seat belts, and a passenger seat as optional, you won’t find much in the way of luxury in the Supervan III. What you will find is a drive like none other.

05033728-2fe8-4187-a95b-f42062c08c9e.jpg

1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
There is a certain nostalgia about a wood-bodied vehicle or “woody.” The Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon is a perfect post-World War II example of the halo vehicles of the time– a time when you didn’t wax your car, you went out and put on a new coat of varnish on it. It’s a work of art and since it’s a station wagon, this woody was a truckster that served families loyally with all of its 90 horsepower and ample storage space. Whether you find yourself travelling the highways and byways in search of the most picturesque spot to photograph this classic or just enjoying the ride along the way, you will find that this is one special wagon.

a1f2e476-c165-48ef-a79a-436d050b029b.jpg

Glad to see the McLaren 650S and 570S in the list too!

MauroNL

Do we have a final soundtrack yet? Really interested in seeing what they come up with this time out.
I'd like to know this too. Really interested in the Bass Arena tracks

EDIT
This is the confirmed list thusfar:
Updated List:
HORIZON BASS ARENA
- Adamski ft. Seal - Killer
- Diplo & Sleepy Tom - Be Right There
- The Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea
- KDA ft. Tinie Tempah & Katy B - Turn The Music Louder [Rumble]
- Nero - Two Minds
- Riton ft. Kah-Lo - Rinse & Repeat
- Skrillex & Diplo ft. AlunaGeorge - To Ü

HORIZON PULSE
- Chk Chk Chk - Freedom 15!
- CHVRCHES - Clearest Blue
- CHVRCHES ft. Hayley Williams - Bury It
- The Knocks ft. Justin Tranter - Tied To You
- RÜFÜS DU SOL - Like An Animal
- Years & Years - Shine

HORIZON BLOCK PARTY
- Courts - Part Of
- Guilty Simpson - R.I.P.
- Outasight - The Wild Life
- Run DMC - It's Tricky
- Tkay Maidza - U-Huh

HOSPITAL RECORDS RADIO
- Camo & Krooked ft. Metrik - Aurora

TRAILER SONGS (Not Official)
- Ursine Vulpine ft. Annaca - Wicked Game
- Weekend Money ft. Heems - Yellow [Naked City]

Max_Po

Banned
Forza 6 has some sort of free days promo ?

Just showed up in my Ready to Download area.

50 gig download to try the game

Daffy Duck

Horizon is completely open world. For example in 2 you could drive from France into Italy. It's 30fps as opposed to 60fps in Forza numbered. I like both franchises, but Forza Horizon is definitely more fun and arcade than sim.

Wow, I might have to pick up Horizon 2 then, I honestly didn't know this until I saw this thread 5 minutes ago.

Thanks!

Note: A small part of Italy and France are actually in the map.

robjn3

PC Ultimate Edition ordered on amazon for a whopping £79.99 :O pretty sure I'll put plenty hours into this though for sure! Is their a GAF Community? As I just got my account verified last week.

Lothars

This is looking good, I won't probably get this for 6 months or so but I find that they have done such a good job with the horizon games that they have vastly surpassed the mainline forza games since forza 5.

Grisby

Played about half of Storm Island over the past couple of months. Staving off finishing because I want to be fresh for this game.

September is rocking. Can't wait for some cars and Horizon Pulse.

I haven't heard of a single thing on that list. Not one. Maybe I'm out of touch but I guess I'll just be muting the music again or using my own on Onedrive.

Horizon and Elite Dangerous are my go-to games for listening to podcasts and audio books. I doubt I'll eve hear any of those tracks listed.

jacobeid

Banned

EDIT

It looks as if Pulse will be the only station I listen to again. Super glad that I'll be playing on PC and just mix the audio once I get bored of that. I really would have loved a jazz station....I need to play this game with Duke Ellington's Afro-Eurasian Eclipse playing along.

Can't wait. Was VIP worth it for FH 2? Are the extra spins worth it? What else does it add? I'm thinking about ponying up the cash and just getting the Ultimate Edition because I know how much I'll be playing this.

PaulLFC

Surprised there's still no mention of FH3 on the Windows store considering it's Play Anywhere - I'd have thought they'd want to encourage preorders.

jond76

Banned
I'm actually quite excited that this is a play anywhere game. I think my laptop can handle it. So I'll have Forza everywhere!!

killroy87

The idea of this game at 60fps with max setting on my PC excites me SO much.

This might actually be my most anticipated fall game. This or Steep (I choose to believe Steep will be good)

novabolt

Surprised there's still no mention of FH3 on the Windows store considering it's Play Anywhere - I'd have thought they'd want to encourage preorders.

I find it weird how MS want to push PAW on Windows but haven't even implement basic features like "Pre-Load" or "Pre-Order". Sad really, they want the sales of the Xbox versions without do nothing.

killroy87

I find it weird how MS want to push PAW on Windows but haven't even implement basic features like "Pre-Load" or "Pre-Order". Sad really, they want the sales of the Xbox versions without do nothing.

I'm buying this digitally because of the play anywhere feature (PC will be my main, but I want an Xbone copy in case the PC port is shit), but I'm not pre ordering shit until I know they actually implement PAW correctly. I wish they'd release some sort of YouTube marketing video that explains exactly how the feature will work. It should be incredibly self-explanatory, but I don't trust them lol.

RawNuts

EDIT
Gave a listen to the tracks there, and I get the feeling Rob da Bank isn't curating the music on this one, is he? It seems more like the tracks were chosen by mimicking his selections from the previous games rather than featuring his more unique choices. The music is still good though.

psychotron

Gave a listen to the tracks there, and I get the feeling Rob da Bank isn't curating the music on this one, is he? It seems more like the tracks were chosen by mimicking his selections from the previous games rather than featuring his more unique choices. The music is still good though.

I just want to see some rock/metal represented. FH2 was a letdown in that area, while I still enjoyed a good deal of what was there.

PaulLFC

Yeah exactly. I was hoping for at least some visual confirmation before launch day that it's registered the PC version to my account after I pre-ordered on xbox.com, but nothing yet.

Stackboy

Forza 6 has some sort of free days promo ?

Just showed up in my Ready to Download area.

50 gig download to try the game

Will definitely play this over the weekend.

There's going to be an Epitaph Records radio station, plenty of hardcore, metal and rock!

desu

I just want to see some rock/metal represented. FH2 was a letdown in that area, while I still enjoyed a good deal of what was there.

We need a dedicated heavy metal station.
or background music

There will be a Epitaph station this time according to the last video.

They have some pretty big metalcore acts under their belt: http://epitaph.com/artists (hoping for an Architects song in the selection!).

How good of a deal does the 6 month car pass thing usually end up being? Haven't really got into a Forza game before, but jumping on this because PC.

Kind of want that $99 version.

deadstar72

Neo Member
(I choose to believe Steep will be good)
Glad to see I'm not the only one holding out hope for that game!
Anyone else planning on playing horizon 1 while waiting for 3 now that it's going to be bc? Racing is pretty much my go to genre so not too worried about burnout

desu

How good of a deal does the 6 month car pass thing usually end up being? Haven't really got into a Forza game before, but jumping on this because PC.

Kind of want that $99 version.

To be honest, it is kind of expensive. And its kind of pointless if you dont play games for longer than a few weeks after release. If you love that kind of game and keep coming back (also for the possible expansions) it might just be worth it for you.

Buy it digitally to make sure to get it for less than $99: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=722968&page=39 (the last pages had discussions about buying it cheaper).

The idea of this game at 60fps with max setting on my PC excites me SO much.

This might actually be my most anticipated fall game. This or Steep (I choose to believe Steep will be good)
I want it to be good, if not to just encourage EA to start up SSX again.

Also, first PC snowboarding game since SSX Tricky I think, ignoring that one bad Early Access title.

Phinor

Ctrl+F
Wheel support

*leaves thread*

Indeed. Even Apex doesn't have wheel support yet and they haven't communicated in months regarding.. well anything about Apex. Different team obviously, but this zero communication deal isn't doing them any favours with the PC community.

Are you referring to PC? Because it will have wheel support.

At this point don't count on it (at least on release) just because they've said so. We really need a solid confirmation on that now. Plus if wheel support actually is in, we should have some details like which wheels are actually supported, are there limitations etc.

Top Bottom