• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 (PC/XB1, 2016) Confirmed; Set in Australia

Weevilone

I was hoping there would be a deal on the digital purchase. There's often a 30 day window for a $15 kick back via Xbox Live Rewards, but it's a baffling program that requires you to stay on top of when digital releases are first made available to preorder. That window has passed for this game, so the only deals I see now are physical.

VRMN

Has there been any word on specs? Or will they probably be fairly similar to Apex?
I don't see anything official, but I would hope it's optimized better than Apex, seeing as how that was basically a beta for the engine running on PC. I would expect that if you can run Apex you'd be fine, though.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't see anything official, but I would hope it's optimized better than Apex, seeing as how that was basically a beta for the engine running on PC. I would expect that if you can run Apex you'd be fine, though.

Sounds good, thanks! I imagine since we just got the Gears 4 ones, we'll be getting Forza's very soon.

RaZoR No1

Yup, the Deluxe is the game + season pass + VIP + (other stuff?) + September 23rd release versus September 27th.
71c37858-1a57-4966-a17a-038e9d74e8cb.jpg

Pre-order page says only Ultimate gets the game a few days early. Pretty lame pricing structure. Is the VIP thing a big deal? It looks like the only compelling thing.

Pre-order page says only Ultimate gets the game a few days early. Pretty lame pricing structure. Is the VIP thing a big deal? It looks like the only compelling thing.

The VIP membership is a car pack as well, a nice one imho.

Outside of that, the extra wheelspin credits is nice but not necessary, and the special VIP events are probably even less interesting now that we have Forzathon.

Tazo

I can't wait to play, it features a suburb I pretty much grew up in (Surfers Paradise) and I'll get to race in my favourite cars. I already pre-ordered the Ultimate edition so I can get started early :D

Tadie

Played the demo today @ gamescom.

I played the 4K PC demo....but damn it was nearly 30 Fps....

Nonetheless this game is just awesome. It plays and feels just so great!

The VIP membership is a car pack as well, a nice one imho.

Outside of that, the extra wheelspin credits is nice but not necessary, and the special VIP events are probably even less interesting now that we have Forzathon.
I really enjoyed the VIP bonus in Forza Horizon 2. Made it so that I was always able to buy a new car for each series of races and made the whole game feel like I was always 1-2 races away from unlocking something new.

ElNino

I really enjoyed the VIP bonus in Forza Horizon 2. Made it so that I was always able to buy a new car for each series of races and made the whole game feel like I was always 1-2 races away from unlocking something new.
If I recall, the stand alone VIP pass for FH2 ended up by 50% off if you were a previous FM5 VIP, but it was an unannounced promo. I wonder if they will do that again?

I've owned the physical version of every Forza game, but I'm thinking of going digital here since i have two Xbox Ones in the house now (Day One and S) so it would be cool for my son and I to play co-op on the two systems. It would grant me the PC version as well, but I doubt it would run well (at all?) on my Surface Book.

So if you don't have VIP you're going to have to excessively grind to get to new events?
but I doubt it would run well (at all?) on my Surface Book.
We're still waiting on PC specs, I guess you could expect it to be in the same ball park a Forza 6 Apex. We don't even know if Playground, Sumo or someone else is doing this PC port yet.

If I recall, the stand alone VIP pass for FH2 ended up by 50% off if you were a previous FM5 VIP, but it was an unannounced promo. I wonder if they will do that again?

I doubt it since that discount applied to the Deluxe and Ultimate editions of FH2 as well and was available as soon as the pre-order went live.

So if you don't have VIP you're going to have to excessively grind to get to new events?

No. The VIP events are just VIP-exclusive hotlapping. It wasn't that big of deal. Rivals in general didn't seem to go over that big with FH2.

FH3 will have Forzathon, which is weekly and monthly community competitions to chase unicorns, and there are no VIP-exclusive Forzathon events afaik.

Stackboy

Kind of disappointing that all the footage so far that's come out of gamescon is races that were shown at E3.

I was hoping to see the full map too.

Still, there's a few days left.

When I played FH2 I felt being an Xbox One over the PS4 was justified (still loads of great games on Xbox One) tenfold.

I can't wait for this game but so much is out around this time of year, I have a packed September money wise and October has PS VR out.

I will get this game, Its a question of maybe waiting until Christmas time

golem

We've only seen two so far, the 240 and BMW M4, but obviously that won't be all there is. I'd imagine the 458 might get the LB kit but only those two are actually known.

I believe the 240sx is actually a Rocket Bunny kit. I wonder if we will be getting Pandem as well (owned by Rocket Bunny).

Shy

Sorry for the dumb question.

I don't have an X1, how do i (if it's possible yet) pre-order this game for the PC. (i'm in the UK, if that helps)

I believe the 240sx is actually a Rocket Bunny kit. I wonder if we will be getting Pandem as well (owned by Rocket Bunny).

Oh, I know it's RB, but what I meant was the 458 is a "common" car to see in Liberty Walk, so if any kit will be in for the 458 it'd be that.

golem

Oh, I know it's RB, but what I meant was the 458 is a "common" car to see in Liberty Walk, so if any kit will be in for the 458 it'd be that.

I like their new kit for the 430 too. Hope we get a good selection of cars with kits available, although im doubting they can sneak RWB in like a Ruf situation

LowRoller

Sorry for the dumb question.

I don't have an X1, how do i (if it's possible yet) pre-order this game for the PC. (i'm in the UK, if that helps)
I don't think you can pre order games on Windows store. You could pre order the xbox version from the xbox store if you really want to pre order.

Some interesting info was found by r/forza

Game Help

* You can change your horn
* There is a whole separate thing to modify your plate
* You can build up to 4 "Festival Sights"
* Auction House is back
* You can blueprint Championships
* "Skill Song" - Pay attention to the radio DJ, occasionally they will announce the beginning of a Skill Song. During the next song, you’ll earn double Skill Score for all your skills!
* Perks are back
* Horizon Promo is back
* Can join in "convoys" with other drivers/drivatars
* As you progress you’ll be able to unlock more and more radio stations.
* Horizon Edition Cars - If you’re very lucky, you might manage to find yourself with a Horizon Edition Car! These cars always come with a unique designs and special bonuses. The bonuses could a multiplier for certain skills, Credits or XP! As for how to acquire them, you’ll have to figure that out on your own
* Car Meets - You can also take part in a showdown, a drag race to the end of the airstrip. You can enter in any car you like, and the lower the PI of your car, the more of a head start you’ll receive!
* #Forzathons are regular, timed events. Each #Forzathon has several challenges for you and the community to complete. They all follow a theme, and there are unique and special prizes up for grabs.

Top Bottom