• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the card's name is actually Planetarium of Ghirapur.

I feel like the benefits are great enough that it might see play in Standard. It might just be the thing madness decks need.

It let's every player draw three cards potentially, doesn't it?
I fail to see how benefiting everyone like that is awesome, but then again, I play Duel Commander.

I fail to see how benefiting everyone like that is awesome, but then again, I play Duel Commander.

for EDH

leovold,%20emissary%20of%20trest.jpg

for standard

that's a draw 3 every turn, combine this with tireless tracker and you got one heck of an engine.

In 1v1, your deck can be built to better take advantage of the shared benefit. Like I mentioned, madness decks that discard their hands often could benefit more than the opponent.

In multiplayer, having something that helps everyone makes you less likely to be a target. It also makes things move more quickly.

Maledict

I am absolutely in love with the new black mana race. After decades of trying they've actually come up with a non insanely evil character type. Flavour wise this set is absolutely knocking it out of the park for me.

Okay, thanks for the clarification on how that card is good.
I've never been one for multiplayer and group benefits,
To me an "all-star" is basically a staple that gets put into every deck.

I play Prossh, eater of everything.

Prossh_det01.jpg

El Topo

At 4 mana and with the restriction that you have to empty your hand, I'm not sure if it will find a place in constructed. Fun card though.

I wonder if SCG is gonna care that they fired one of their best content guys and he went on to be the #1 seed at the hardest tournament of the year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This MTG Jersey trend is fucking AWFUL.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
At 4 mana and with the restriction that you have to empty your hand, I'm not sure if it will find a place in constructed. Fun card though.

Noose Constrictor/Lupine Construct + this thing. You know you want to.

El Topo

Noose Constrictor/Lupine Construct + this thing. You know you want to.

Maybe if either of those creatures had Hexproof or Trample. Even then, you're spending 4 mana, presumably on Turn 4, for an effect that also benefits your opponent.
Fun thing for kitchen table magic though. If it's cheap enough I might get it for that.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";215829736]Everyone was Kevin Smith[/QUOTE]

They'd be fine if they fit. Having jerseys with teams/sponsors and countries on them is an okay idea, handing everyone a XXL the day of isn't.

Art of Kaladesh will have in-progress concept art, instead of just final art.

They are reacting to the feedback about the cards revealing major story events before the online story. It's something they're working on. They aren't going to use later story cards for early promos like Anguished Unmaking.

Question about the change in Nissa's character. They've been struggling with how to write her for a while, but they think they figured it out with Kaladesh. They didn't actually address racist Nissa at all.

kirblar

Art of Kaladesh will have in-progress concept art, instead of just final art.

They are reacting to the feedback about the cards revealing major story events before the online story. It's something they're working on. They aren't going to use later story cards for early promos like Anguished Unmaking.

Question about the change in Nissa's character. They've been struggling with how to write her for a while, but they think they figured it out with Kaladesh. They didn't actually address racist Nissa at all.
"Don't let Kreines write her"?

Confirmed: Ashiok is not an aetherborn.

EDIT: The reason for only male demons feels out of place: it's because you would be more likely to feel OK about killing male demons and just view them as monsters.

EDIT: When a new aetherborn comes into existence, an existing aetherborn takes them in and gives their money to them when they die. That's how they have so much money.

Expect harambe

Dix, Keeper of Harambe 2URG
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman
When Dix enters the battlefield, create a Legendary 4/4 Ape creature token named Harambe. You may have that creature fight target Human.

Whenever a creature named Harambe dies, return Dix to your hand from the battlefield or from the graveyard.

2/2

Man, I really love Valakut. It probably should have been a legendary land though :p

The oddest part for me is that Valakut is the best of that cycle by a country mile. I didn't Play when it was in Standard, but the only other one remotely close to it in terms of power is Emeria. The black one was Mana Ramp for creatures in graveyard, the blue one is super crappy, and the green one is +1/+1 to all green dudes who entered the battlefield that turn.

I'd be fine with Wizards revamping certain "Was supposed to be-legendary but-legendary rules sucked so it's not" lands/artifacts into Legendary.

The oddest part for me is that Valakut is the best of that cycle by a country mile. I didn't Play when it was in Standard, but the only other one remotely close to it in terms of power is Emeria. The black one was Mana Ramp for creatures in graveyard, the blue one is super crappy, and the green one is +1/+1 to all green dudes who entered the battlefield that turn.

I'd be fine with Wizards revamping certain "Was supposed to be-legendary but-legendary rules sucked so it's not" lands/artifacts into Legendary.

I've never gotten Emeria to work. Magosi the Waterveil is a pretty trollish infinite combo with Contagion Engine. Crypt is super powerful in EDH. Oran-Rief isn't that hot, though.

In a few minutes on the stream is a live improv show, but... I'll pass. EDIT: Or in an hour, I guess.

EDIT: Nice, the land cycle that Modern players wanted to be completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom