• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeef

q4DrBCN.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think that's a card that's decent in limited in combination with Vehicles or Equipment but I don't see Kird Ape being a modern (meaning the era, not the format) powerhouse. It's just outclassed by too many things.

Am I the only one slightly confused on how they seemed to have been "Well, you can have pilots that do things when you crew a vehicle with one" and yet the initial Speedway Fanatic reveal way back at the start is the only instance of this? Am I misremembering things? Was this just an assumption I (and other people?) made given the card was revealed at a point when we were still in the "introduce the mechanics" phase?

Yeef

Am I the only one slightly confused on how they seemed to have been "Well, you can have pilots that do things when you crew a vehicle with one" and yet the initial Speedway Fanatic reveal way back at the start is the only instance of this? Am I misremembering things? Was this just an assumption I (and other people?) made given the card was revealed at a point when we were still in the "introduce the mechanics" phase?
There's only been 3 pilots spoiled so far; two of them do things when you crew with them and one of them comes back from the graveyard when play a vehicle (or any other artifact).

Pilots seem to mostly be a limited thing, so they're likely primarily at common and uncommon. I expect to see most of them for the first time during the spoiler dump on Friday.

Violet_0

Banned
If you already have a list go to magiccardmarket.com. It's basically ebay for magiccards. For recent or commonly played stuff you mostly will get acceptable deals from commercial sellers. For more obscure stuff it can be a bit fiddly to find people who have multiple of those cheap (you want that to cut shipping costs). For large quantities I'd check out those commercial Greek and Spanish sellers. They often are dirt cheap and the high shipping costs get made up for by the sheer amount of money you save. If you want to save even more money, depending on how important it is to you to have the optimally tuned list, you may consider expanding your decklist to 130+ cards (including lands) and just buy the pieces you get a good deal on. The downside of this is that you have to invest a ton of time to get really cheap. Simply using mkm's own "cheapest deal" feature for your list never brought up good results for me.

much obliged, Royal_Flush

OnPoint

that's what i mean

at least there's always niv-mizzet

Oh I see now. We are completely agreeing hahahaha

What the heck are they thinking??

I already have a Niv EDH deck. It's a fun one. But it's more centered around card drawing. This would be a wholly different archetype. I wish Daretti 1.0 was just UR

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think UR is my least favorite color combination.

It tends to do stuff I don't care about.
wtzgU.gif

There's only been 3 pilots spoiled so far; two of them do things when you crew with them and one of them comes back from the graveyard when play a vehicle (or any other artifact).

Pilots seem to mostly be a limited thing, so they're likely primarily at common and uncommon. I expect to see most of them for the first time during the spoiler dump on Friday.

Well yes, I just figured they'd show more than one in the gradual spoilers. And yes, just one. Speedway Fanatic is the only one that actually cares about crewing. Depala's trigger is tapping, so while the effect triggers when she crews it also triggers when she attacks or taps for any other reason.

Firemind

Oh I see now. We are completely agreeing hahahaha

What the heck are they thinking??

I already have a Niv EDH deck. It's a fun one. But it's more centered around card drawing. This would be a wholly different archetype. I wish Daretti 1.0 was just UR
not only daretti but mono red also has iron bosh, feldon, pia and kiran, even slobad isn't half-bad. my friend uses slobad. wizards are trolling :lol :lol :lol

Like win games?
sick burn bro

Yeef

Well yes, I just figured they'd show more than one in the gradual spoilers. And yes, just one. Speedway Fanatic is the only one that actually cares about crewing. Depala's trigger is tapping, so while the effect triggers when she crews it also triggers when she attacks or taps for any other reason.
Depala was the one they spoiled first and that's when they said pilots would care about vehicles, so it seemed pretty clear from the start that they wouldn't all specifically care about crewing.

Depala was the one they spoiled first and that's when they said pilots would care about vehicles, so it seemed pretty clear from the start that they wouldn't all specifically care about crewing.

Ah, I guess Depala was spoiled first. I suppose I didn't really click on that because the "Pilot" typing wasn't implied to have much specific meaning at the time. So fine, two out of three directly care about vehicles and the Daredevil is probably all artifacts as a means of trading flavour for playability. I'll concede this.

Ashodin

I'm eyeballing that inventor for my rw equipment deck.

Fabricate feels like their out for not including equipment in the set...

Maybe to differentiate from Mirrodin?

Santiako

I'm eyeballing that inventor for my rw equipment deck.

Fabricate feels like their out for not including equipment in the set...

Maybe to differentiate from Mirrodin?

Vehicles and equipment share a lot of simliarities, so I'm guessing they ate a lot of design space and actual space from them.

Ashodin

Slayer's Plate is fucking gnarly dude. I have coasted through games I should have lost because the opponent forgot that whoops, they made a 1/1 spirit that can now fly over and win the game

Slayer's Plate is fucking gnarly dude. I have coasted through games I should have lost because the opponent forgot that whoops, they made a 1/1 spirit that can now fly over and win the game
That reminds I should be picking up Kolaghan's Commands sometime soon. Slayer's Plate is way too high a mana investment for equipment.

Sigarda's Aid don't care

The hardened scales conundrum. Is it worth it to run a 1 mana card that is awful in multiples (hardened scales actually stacks), awful if not dropped on one of the first turns which requires it to be a 4-of, does nothing on an empty board and a dead draw late game,...

I love Sigarda's Aid but it's an EDH card.

Ashodin

And standard doesnt care about Sigarda's Aid.

The hardened scales conundrum. Is it worth it to run a 1 mana card that is awful in multiples (hardened scales actually stacks), awful if not dropped on one of the first turns which requires it to be a 4-of, does nothing on an empty board and a dead draw late game,...

I love Sigarda's Aid but it's an EDH card.

You guys can knock it all you want but I still take the deck to games and surprise the hell out of my opponents (and win!)

It's a fringe deck but I like my fringe decks.

I agree that there needs to be an outlet for extra Sigarda's Aid though. That's mainly what Nahiri is doing in the deck - shuffling around dead draws

Animation Module
Artifact
Whenever one or more +1/+1 counters are placed on a permanent you control, you may pay 1. If you do, create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token.

3, T: Choose a counter on target permanent or player. Give that permanent or player another counter of that kind.
Design Leads to progress

This being Proliferate, it's hard not to think about Infect.

Bring on our Phyrexian overlords!

Well, skywhales are a thing.

With Skywhaler's Shot, this is the first time since Magic Origins that we've had a non-blue spell that had scry as a rider, right? I was wondering when they'd do that again.

Aethersquall Ancient has great art, and the effect seems good.

Disappointed that with Chandra's Pyrohelix's flavor text, it seems like her mother is going to die again.

I'm surprised that Ajani would just be revealed like that. I guess that "leaked" art wasn't that big of a deal after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom