• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love if they did a new Bolas in set 1, and had something like the four horsemen as his planeswalker lackies in set 2 (though I could be equating ancient Egyptian setting to Marvel's Apocalypse here, so maybe I'm reaching (also, they wouldn't have no Gatewatch representation, especially with Ajani coming to set this up)).

4 Horsemen isn't Egyptian, but Hour of Destruction will likely involve some form of Aphosis considering his whole angle is literally "Serpent of Destruction." I could see Bolas going "Screw you and this plane" and unleashing it after the Gatewatch tries to beat him.

Granted, you'd ideally want Ra to be in the preceding set considering how the two are linked, and Ra is basically Heliod so it might be an issue.

Son1x

So the reason they chose Gremlins over Goblins is this:
Goblins were an odd fit for the aesthetic of Kaladesh. Goblins artificers aren’t the type to create fine crafted art.

But unless I'm missing something, none of the gremlins so far are artificers either.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So the reason they chose Gremlins over Goblins is this:

But unless I'm missing something, none of the gremlins so far are artificers either.

plus...

maxresdefault.jpg

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
ct1c2so8nglx.jpg

Disappearing Trick - 1UU
Instant - Uncommon
As an additional cost to cast ~, return a permanent you control to it's owner's hand.
Counter target spell.

I guess Cancel is too strong for standard now.

Maybe if it were UU? Bounce Snappy back to your hand for all the values.

At UU it would be too good.

Deprive and Familiar's Ruse are both basically the card you're talking about, although being given the option to choose would make it much stronger.

I suspect the real reason is that they want this card for Limited to support a U/W "enters the battlefield" archetype, and they don't want it to shape the Standars format.

El Topo

Deprive and Familiar's Ruse are much more restrictive though. I think at UU it would have had a lot of potential. Counter a spell and get back Reflector Mage? Don't mind if I do.

You do what ? Well let me respond with my Verschwindetrick - Spontanzauber

German is so great sometimes. A Sorcery is also called Hexerei or Witchery.

Violet_0

Banned
I checked the event dates and it looks like I can go to the Kaladesh pre-release the day before I fly to Turkey, what extra stuff do you get for participating? Also, do I need to register somewhere, aside from the place that I'm playing at?

Son1x

I checked the event dates and it looks like I can go to the Kaladesh pre-release the day before I fly to Turkey, what extra stuff do you get for participating? Also, do I need to register somewhere, aside from the place that I'm playing at?
A prerelease promo (timestamped random rare/mythic from the set), a dice, a rather short manual or something like that and a small case that contains all of the above and the 6 boosters you use to make a deck.

Violet_0

Banned
A prerelease promo (timestamped random rare/mythic from the set), a dice, a rather short manual or something like that and a small case that contains all of the above and the 6 boosters you use to make a deck.

ah thanks, sounds alright
do the promo cards have the same value as the regular ones?

Violet_0

Banned
Ah yea, forgot to mention they're foiled so their price is in range of regular foils, maybe a bit lower over time.

just one more random question, can the promo card be any mythic or rare in the set or is there only a small pool of selected cards?

y2dvd

ct1c2so8nglx.jpg

Disappearing Trick - 1UU
Instant - Uncommon
As an additional cost to cast ~, return a permanent you control to it's owner's hand.
Counter target spell.

Yikes that's a crazy cost to pay.

Santiako

ct1c2so8nglx.jpg

Disappearing Trick - 1UU
Instant - Uncommon
Counter target spell.

There's already cancel variants in standard, this is obviously for decks that want to use the extra cost as an advantage to abuse etb effects.

OnPoint

ct1c2so8nglx.jpg

Disappearing Trick - 1UU
Instant - Uncommon
Counter target spell.

This is awesome, especially with cards that ETB to generate energy.

That cancel is so bad lol

I get it, but the times you cast it when you don't have something you actively want to bounce are gonna suck. The floor on this card is in the basement.

You probably have to be a pretty aggressive deck that relies on etb triggers for this to be good, and it isn't even that good with Spell Queller.

Yeef

V6kNYhCg60k.jpg

Творческая Искра (Creative Spark?) R
Sorcery
Choose target creature. Exile the top card of your library, You may have this deal damage equal to that card's converted mana cost to chosen creature. If you don't you may play exiled card until end of turn.

Couldn't even give us Vulshock Morningstar. Wizards got equipment fans' hopes up for nothing when they printed Stonehaven outfitter and weapons trainer.

Joe Molotov

Kaladesh is supposed to be the Invention plane, but Innistradians are outclassing them with shards of broken glass and meat cleavers.

OnPoint

I'm cool with red getting an interesting mechanic besides "deal X damage to something." since land destruction is nerfed and that's all red has going for it.

Even direct damage is getting a nerf now that it mostly can't go to the face. More and more it feels like they have no idea what to do with red.

Even direct damage is getting a nerf now that it mostly can't go to the face. More and more it feels like they have no idea what to do with red.

I think R&D correctly identified that super Chandra and Dark Dwellers could easily create an oppressive environment if red is just allowed to have its normal tools. Basically those two cards have sucked up all reds goodness from blocks around, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Firemind

I'm cool with red getting an interesting mechanic besides "deal X damage to something." since land destruction is nerfed and that's all red has going for it.
it's super restrictive since you need to pay mana to cast one spell to potentially pay mana to cast another spell or whiff. i'd rather have reverse looting.

OnPoint

I think R&D correctly identified that super Chandra and Dark Dwellers could easily create an oppressive environment if red is just allowed to have its normal tools. Basically those two cards have sucked up all reds goodness from blocks around, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I hope this is the case and the red nerfing is temporary. I don't like when they miss stuff and it creates an oppressive environment (Pack Rat, CoCo... ugh) but I also don't really enjoy watching one color be so clearly weak when compared to the others either.

Yeef

Its a shitty Morningstar or Bonesplitter, which were also limited cards.
Different limited formats have different demands.

Also, those cards are both from the first time they did equipment, when they didn't understand how to cost them or how powerful they were.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sweet to see Prophetic Prism reprinted, one of my favorite mana fixers. Rad card. Nice in this limited format with so many cards that care about artifacts. Perfect Shred Negotiation target.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

I dont think R&D know how to handle red. Sounds like a bullshit excuse with the current state of green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom