• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way it's shaping out to be on the Beta I already hate standard.

All I'm facing right now is hyper aggressive decks with an unfair deck thrown into the mix every now and then.
I already loathe vehicles, the crewing isn't a cost when you can drop a creature each turn and the copter filters to make that more likely.
Fumigate is too expensive at 5 and not hitting vehicles hamstrings it further.

*Rant courtesy of some frustrating losses in a row

Someone at WotC explain me why this guy
Image.ashx
doesn't come into play tapped from the yard.

Now I have to prioritize exile over GY even more and the removal is just worse in that aspect.

People always start a new format with hyper aggro and broken linear decks. They're the easiest to build and they give you a framework for building midrange.

Tizoc

Just got my first big ass mtg artbook!
Which i blind bought and only realized when i got it that it was innistrad themed which is my least favourite plane :p
Still art is nice but i dont like its dark theme

Ashodin

Finished

w9hyC8M.png

Bonus Oviya Pashiri

2wKw6dF.png

GB thanks for the epic games, you almost beat the shit out of me with Ormendahl but Motorist + Chandra draw too stronk

So these new masterpiece swords, I think I can sort of understand the sword of feast and famine, but I don't see a usable/stable hilt for the other two swords. How are they meant to be wielded? Do they just sort of look pretty and grant their powers to the equipper through mere presence?

Ashodin

So these new masterpiece swords, I think I can sort of understand the sword of feast and famine, but I don't see a usable/stable hilt for the other two swords. How are they meant to be wielded? Do they just sort of look pretty and grant their powers to the equipper through mere presence?

41TJFsKPwuL.jpg

sword of light and shadow

every, single, commander deck

it's going for more than solemn simulacrum, gauntlet of power, scroll rack and chromatic lantern.

EDH aside It's going for more than affinity pieces.

clearly light and shadow is wielded backhand.

41TJFsKPwuL.jpg

sword of light and shadow
That doesn't seem to allow for a good stable grip, particularly with some heavy pointy metal coming out of one end. What if I really want to give the S&L sword a good swing?

(I'm sorry, this is a little weird on my part haha.)

((I also notice no explanation for the F&I sword NYAHAHAHA))

Ashodin

That doesn't seem to allow for a good stable grip, particularly with some heavy pointy metal coming out of one end. What if I really want to give the S&L sword a good swing?

(I'm sorry, this is a little weird on my part haha.)

((I also notice no explanation for the F&I sword NYAHAHAHA))

nah I assume squeeze it and it comes together like an interlocking thing.

also here's fire and ice, took me a minute to figure it out

XgmZdo3.png

Is Spirits dead (lol) for Standard? I wanted to grab Rattlechains when he was 0.80, but totally flubbed. It's back down to 1.80.

Is it time? Is it Modern playable? Should I just keep holding and wait until rotation? I know it's not a lot of money, but the principle... :)

So I just saw this thing

Pretty neat... Weird that the artifact has flying by default and just needs to be creatured.

I was wondering if Kaladesh might have less mechanics to allow for Aether Revolt to have only a couple new ones while using existing ones. Might feel more connected, unlike Investigate which kinda suffered with EDM.

AKA more vehicles coming.

Quick question in regards to the new mechanic "crew":

If you put an artifact-vehicle on to the battlefield this turn and crew it, can you immediately attack with it or does it have summoning sickness? I'm a bit confused by this rule and can't find a clear answer to my question. My guess is that it has summoning sickness because there's this guy:

en_fpBCSo5oJh.png

But does that mean that it loses summoning sickness at the beginning of your next turn or does a vehicle always have it when you crew it? I'm so confused right now ...

El Topo

If a vehicle is crewed the same turn it came into play then it has summoning sickness, else it does not.
Speedway Fanatic allows you to crew and then attack with a vehicle the turn the vehicle came into play as it grants haste.

If you put an artifact-vehicle on to the battlefield this turn and crew it, can you immediately attack with it or does it have summoning sickness? I'm a bit confused by this rule and can't find a clear answer to my question. My guess is that it has summoning sickness because there's this guy:

en_fpBCSo5oJh.png

But does that mean that it loses summoning sickness at the beginning of your next turn or does a vehicle always have it when you crew it? I'm so confused right now ...

I'm 99% sure that vehicles have summoning sickness the turn they come into play, because yeah, the entire point of Speedway Fanatic is to get around that. Summoning Sickness only occurs the turn it's summoned though. Crewing a vehicle doesn't make it leave play and re-enter as an artifact creature. It's the same methodology as nissa's typical "turn a forest into a creature" ability.

Violet_0

Banned
is there a more badass card than Skysovereign in this set? You, like, drop it on the table and your opponent just knows it will fuck their shit up

en_fpBCSo5oJh.png

The way summoning sickness works is that any permanent that is a creature cannot use tap abilities or attack unless you were in control of that permanent at the start of your turn. If a non-creature becomes a creature then it will have summoning sickness if the permanent itself was not in play under your control at the start of the turn. It doesn't care about the fact that it just became a creature. Note that this means that if something comes into play on your turn and then becomes a creature you cannot use any tap abilities it might have. For example, if you play Cultivator's Caravan and then crew it that turn for some bizarre reason then you won't be able to tap it for mana that turn unless it has gotten haste somehow.

And you can crew vehicles at instant speed?

Yes, it can be done at instant speed. You can even crew a vehicle that has already been crewed that turn as long as you pay the full crew price.

I neglected to mention this before. If you're a new player interested in going to a prerelease, you really should register beforehand. So if you plan on going tomorrow, you need to call your local game store and register today! Find one close to you here. You can try to go into the store on the day of, but there likely won't be an open slot.

And LSV's Limited reviews of both black and green are up.

As more high-res pics of the Inventions flow in:

It confirms three things for us:

1. The Inventions use an FTV foiling process or something very similar
  2. The copper bordering is visually textured so it reflects light like a rough surface
  3. They still haven't fixed the right-side border scuffing issue from the expeditions, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom