• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

Never understood why lost legacy was supposed to be bad. If you want discard there are other option lost legacy is to destroy combo / control decks with limited win conditions.
The issue is that it reads bad to people that don't understand the tradeoff upside (3cc vs 4cc is a big deal) you get for not being able to get card advantage off it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lIUSRps.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shoulda gone for that green, but I can see why he'd get cut pack 3.

MoxManiac

Hey guys, what's the best way to share a decklist on here? Just drafting what i think is a decent RW build but trying to decide on 23rd card.

bigkrev

I thought that were done with special invites, but they have a Hearthstone steamer/commentator/pro playing in the feature match area

Angry Grimace

I thought that were done with special invites, but they have a Hearthstone steamer/commentator/pro playing in the feature match area

Hall of Fame is a for-life invite to all PTs.

fuck yeah skysovereign

This is the bomb-y bullshit Angry Grimace was talking about in draft

It's basically 5 mana colorless Inferno Titan.

Angry Grimace

Kibler making a Prerelease level punt on camera
KuGsj.gif

(he tried to shoot an Ovalchase Dragster with a Skysovereign)

Those nights of drafting you never want to draft again.
Constantly having to mull, losing the dice against hyper aggro every time, getting screwed and flooded.
Went 1-2 with a deck that could easily have gone 3-0 and should have gone 2-1 at least. Removal no awkward curve, fliers only thing it lacked was a bit on the trick side.

MoxManiac

Draft League pool:

BexYeua.jpg

I want to keep Scrapheap Scrounger, as I'm low on 2 drops. I was thinking of throwing in 1 swamp for it since everything in the deck is single colored cost aside from Aerial Responder. I also have a 2nd Sky Skiff in the board but don't think I need it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Santiako

Draft League pool:

BexYeua.jpg

I want to keep Scrapheap Scrounger, as I'm low on 2 drops. I was thinking of throwing in 1 swamp for it since everything in the deck is single colored cost aside from Aerial Responder. I also have a 2nd Sky Skiff in the board but don't think I need it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I would personally remove the Inventor's Apprentice and the scrapheap scrounger for the second sky skiff and another salivating gremlins.

If you want to keep the scrounger, add a swamp, and I would still swap the apprentice for the skiff.

Angry Grimace

I mean, I know Kibler primarily makes a living now by streaming Hearthstone (and Duelyst/Eternal) nowadays, and doesn't play in as many Magic tournaments as he used to. Is that the joke?

The joke is that the original post about Kibler was sarcasm.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
The joke is that the original post about Kibler was sarcasm.

Ahh, right, sarcasm on the Internet.

Anyway, glad to see Kibler won his last draft round. I'm always happy to root for him. His deck seems like a lot of fun, but on camera there didn't seem to be a lot of payoff for all the energy he was banking.

More importantly, having LSV on as a full-time commentator has increased my enjoyment immensely.

bigkrev

So walk the planes is dead, and they are doing a multipart series like Emter the Battlefield in its place. They are airing the first episode, based on BBD right now

bigkrev

This whole video is making SCG look like garbage for dumping BBD. Wow

I'm sure he has his reasons, but I have no idea why BBD still lives in Roanoke after he got fired from SCG. That video basically made it clear that the only reason you would move there would be to work for SCG

f0rk

I'm sure he has his reasons, but I have no idea why BBD still lives in Roanoke after he got fired from SCG. That video basically made it clear that the only reason you would move there would be to work for SCG

He signed a fixed term lease right before they dropped him

bigkrev

Torrential Gearhulk has been bought out from most online stores, and is going for $18 on TCGPlayer

Shoota on Grixis Control
Martin Muller on Temur Colossus

bigkrev

For the love of education the plural of colossus is colossi.
Also what the fuck is wrong with people bringing colossi to the PT, that card sucks.

Yeah, i'm confused as well. This isn't a PTQ winner or a HOFer who doesn't really test/pay attention anymore, this is a guy who is #9 on the leaderboard and part of a major testing team. He must have a reason for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom