• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wish they would stop saying Zak Elsik invented Lantern Control because he didn't and he never claimed he did.

kirblar

I feel like there has to be something here:

Gifts Ungiven into

67.jpg
184.jpg
122.jpg
56.jpg

Standard has started. Mardu Vehicles vs. Grixis Control.

By the way, did the guy running that wacky Consul's Authority deck make it to Day 2?

EDIT: You know, I do think it's interested how red has grown to be such a core part of graveyard decks. Traditionally, blue was used to loot and blue or green was used to self mill, but red has filled out the role of discarding several cards from hand without losing card advantage.

EDIT: I keep forgetting that Ceremonious Rejection can counter Kozilek's Return. Also, that unexpected blue splash.

EDIT: Red-White Tokens?!

Ashodin

My deck could have gone RW Tokens, but I didn't have all the stuff I needed for it. The deck folds HARD to Radiant Flames however.

I'm noticing that a lot of these two or three color decks actually splash an additional color that isn't noted. Also, I'm surprised this control deck also runs Dynavolt Tower.

Ashodin

I'm noticing that a lot of these two or three color decks actually splash an additional color that isn't noted. Also, I'm surprised this control deck also runs Dynavolt Tower.

Aether Hub lets you do that.

Here's how Blade of Artifice (RW Equipment) is shaping up so far.

cZwhKgX.gif

Any suggestions for the SB or Maindeck?

I'm thinking I might want to have Declaration in Stone in the main because everyone seems to be playing huge threats quickly (Verdurous Gearhulk, Eldrazi Titans, shit like that).

Also thinking of switching Authority of the Consuls to Thalia.

I won most of my matches today at our LGS's standard setup

Tomorrow's my PPTQ entry and I'm nervous yet confident my deck is good.

Holy shit that Colossus deck!

Ashodin

As usual Dovin Baan is a shit card

at this point it's looking like Torrential Gearhulk might be the most played Gearhulk in the top 8 rofl

the card's almost $20 JEEESUS lol

Aether Hub lets you do that.

Here's how Blade of Artifice (RW Equipment) is shaping up so far.

http://i.imgur.com/cZwhKgX.gif

Any suggestions for the SB or Maindeck?

I'm thinking I might want to have Declaration in Stone in the main because everyone seems to be playing huge threats quickly (Verdurous Gearhulk, Eldrazi Titans, shit like that).

Also thinking of switching Authority of the Consuls to Thalia.

I won most of my matches today at our LGS's standard setup

Tomorrow's my PPTQ entry and I'm nervous yet confident my deck is good.

Holy shit that Colossus deck!
Aether Hub and off colour fast or tango lands for radiant flames for 3? Otherwise run Kozilek's Return over it. Aether Hub in general also for Harnessed Lightning.
Dec in stone doesn't help against Emrakul unless you topdeck it. If you expect Electrostatic Pummeler Blessed Alliance might be a consideration. I would also consider SB Fragmentize

Ashodin

Aether Hub and off colour fast or tango lands for radiant flames for 3? Otherwise run Kozilek's Return over it. Aether Hub in general also for Harnessed Lightning.
Dec in stone doesn't help against Emrakul unless you topdeck it. If you expect Electrostatic Pummeler Blessed Alliance might be a consideration. I would also consider SB Fragmentize

oh shit forgot to add Aether Hub to the main deck on cockatrice, it's in there on Paper. Yeah the card is sum good.

Also I don't own Kozilek's Returns.

Blessed Alliance hmmmm. Main or SB?

Yeah Fragmentize is in the paper SB. I'll work it out.

Here's what it is now:

OJ86jFB.gif

I wasn't impressed with maindeck blessed alliance it's an awkward removal spell in too many cases but that depends on how much of your meta is going to be pummeler. Also beware that the lifegain part is target player, Emrakul healing your opponent for 4 feelsbadman.

Ashodin

That Dynavolt Tower win. And is that the first time we've seen Chandra in play this tournament?

Still in the running for "biggest flop!" on my list.

awww shit foil Smuggler's Copter

rofl they're all foil, of course Smuggler's Copter in his deck are all foil

Here's the SB now

Hj1DfMl.gif

kirblar

Why are people surprised that Torrential Gearhulk is $20? How?

The card's ability is an ETB - Free cast an instant. Ignore the size/stats/cc, that effects so good that the rest isn't really relevant!

Ashodin

The card's ability is an ETB - Free cast an instant. Ignore the size/stats/cc, that effects so good that the rest isn't really relevant!

I think being 5/6 is better than I thought it would be.

I'm actually impressed at Deadlock Trap.

Pierre Dagen's deck has evolved into the rare in standard "Draw-Go" deck.

Just did a long multi-format tournament today at my LGS. Got 15 packs, woohoo

My draft deck was pretty sweet. Went mostly White but had some Green for the Hydra and some other stuff.
Servos for the win.

EDIT: You know, I do think it's interested how red has grown to be such a core part of graveyard decks.

I mean, Frantic Search and Careful Study have always been a big element of graveyard decks in multiple formats, so it only makes sense that red would take that position once it took over that mechanic.

Also, I'm surprised this control deck also runs Dynavolt Tower.

Why? You get energy for casting instants and sorceries and then get repeatable creature kill or a finisher out of it, it's a perfect control card.

Deflated expectations due to Goblin Dark Dwellers?

Ashodin

fuck that bushwhacker deck yooooooooo!!!

I knew RW could go even lower to the ground with tokens.

Neogaf being slow again for anyone else?

Ashodin

fucking insane shit from Yasooka, one card left in the deck, thing in the ice to get in there by countering his own spell sheeeeeeeit

Aetherworks dead draws are LOL

I pulled a Chandra, Torch of Defiance and a Smug Cop. Pretty sweet.

I saw a guy tonight pull an Invention Gearhulk (the green one) and a foil Cataclysmic Gearhulk. The luck.

Good Guy Reid playing with those sweet Ice Age lands

EDIT: between "I am in favor of looting when you have the opportunity" and "time to get Kraken" (which Marshall missed completely) LSV is killing me here.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Before you freak out about control, recall Shota top 8'd Pro Tour Shadows Over Innistrad with Esper Dragons. That wasn't even a tier 2 deck in that standard before or after that PT. It's because he's better than we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom