• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Holy shit, I found the perfect guy for our Donald Trump deck
Image.ashx

THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A #MAGA CARD

Holy shit, I found the perfect guy for our Donald Trump deck
Image.ashx

THEY ACTUALLY HAVE A #MAGA CARD

So it's not Hillary who's the Alien-Lizard-Demon thing? I mean, the card says "Traitor to Mortals"

It's a really good fit though.

Also, if he's the commander then we've got Sign in Blood, Go for the Throat, etc as cards that he'd use. Totally works

Ashodin

heh, I was wondering how edhrec would be doing their partners page. It's a total rewrite I bet of their commander pages that will have to allow you to pick two commanders and build a deck from there.

Latest News
Commander 2016 is coming out on 11/11/2016!

We hope to have a partners page complete by then, but we're going to have to make some pretty big changes to our algorithms and our codebase to accomodate the new mechanic.

Schryver

Hey guys, I put together the deck below for Standard. Looking for some suggestions if you have any. Haven't been able to test it too much but it was beating my friends and their mediocre kitchen table decks lol. The main things I am considering are adding a 4th Gearhulk and changing a few lands (switching 2-3 Plains to Prairie Streams?) so I can use Essence Flux rather than the expensive Acrobatic Maneuver for flickering. I was also contemplating a couple of Corrupted Grafstone as they could give me Chandra/Refurbish/Gearhulk a turn earlier.

4 Insolent Neonate
2 Eldrazi Displacer
2 Goblin Dark-Dwellers
3 Combustible Gearhulk

2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
1 Declaration in Stone
3 Skywhaler's Shot
1 Stasis Snare
3 Tormenting Voice
2 Lightning Axe
4 Fiery Temper
3 Acrobatic Maneuver
3 Long Road Home
3 Refurbish

4 Aether Hub
4 Inspiring Vantage
8 Mountain
2 Needle Spires
6 Plains

Sideboard Ideas:
2 Fragmentize
2 Blessed Alliance
1 Cataclysmic Gearhulk
? Incendiary Flow
? Pia Nalaar

Wulfric

Hmm, anyone have experience with Grand Prix trials? I just called a LGS hosting one tomorrow and they expected about 12 people. The format is sealed Kaladesh. I wanted to go for the hell of it. It's too bad GP Milwaukee is limited, I would have loved to use the byes for a modern GP.

Wulfric

GPTs are basically FNM level. I'm surprised they still offer them.

Well, guess I know where I'll be tomorrow. :D

I honestly thought it was PPTQ until yesterday. I think locking the byes to a certain GP is kind of lame. I'm not entirely sure I want to play in the main GP event. But I can use the practice, so I'll be going anyways.

So I'm updating my Zur EDH deck again after making some trades, how much discard should I run in multiplayer? I just traded for a thoughtseize and I opened an inquisition. Also pithing needle and praetor's grasp?

I was thinking about adding a lab maniac but I'm not running enter the infinite or doomsday so it'd be an extreme case.

bigkrev

My LGS was charging different prices for the different Commander decks. One was 44.99, 2 were 34.99, 1 was 29.99, and one was 24.99. I thought we were past this bullshit now that these decks don't have tournament cards!

MoxManiac

My LGS was charging different prices for the different Commander decks. One was 44.99, 2 were 34.99, 1 was 29.99, and one was 24.99. I thought we were past this bullshit now that these decks don't have tournament cards!

They have a couple. And certain decks are still more desirable then others. I agree it's dumb, though. Especially when a LGS does it.

Meren wasn't higher than the others due to tournament cards, IIRC

I was chatting with a guy from my LGS today and we were talking about the EMA reprint. For them it's either hold drafts at barely a margin of profit or crack the packs themselves with the way it's right now.

After much deliberation I'm thinking of cutting

• Mystic Confluence
  • Oath of Liliana
  • Liliana Vess
  • Venser Shaper Savant
  • Grasp of Fate
  • Disdainful Stroke
  • Clever Impersonator
  • Brainstorm
For
  • Merchant Scroll
  • Pact of Negation
  • Spellskite
  • Vindicate
  • Thoughtseize
  • Inquisition of Kozilek
  • Pithing Needle
  • Slaughter pack
In my Zur EDH deck. I also have a praetor's grasp I was considering adding. I might also add a counterbalance and put back the brainstorm if I do.

I'm wondering if 9 direct removal spells not counting fetchable enchantments is too much.
With these changes I'd be running 2 free removal spells in Snuff Out and Slaughter Pact; 4 1 mana removal spells in Path to Exile, Swords to Plowshares, Murderous Cut and Dismember; 3 permanent removals in Vindicate, Anguished Unmaking and Council's Judgment.

Firemind

Because getting byes makes going to a GP much better. Sleep-in specials are the real deal.
They changed it from three byes to two. It's not like the tiebreakers are gonna matter unless you're at the end of day 2 playing for top 8. The extra sleep is nice, unless you have travelling buddies who don't have byes. :p

The duel commander committee is such a mess. Instead of going back on the starting at 20 life that most people seemed to dislike, they are introducing a new variant called "Leviathan Commander" which is the same but with 30 life and will have a separate ban list :/

Way to dilute an already barely played format

http://www.duelcommander.com

The whole thing is utterly confusing but I'm not even sure that Leviathan is associated in any way or form with the french DV committee, it just seems that italians players created this format (in which Marath is unbanned, surprisingly) and advertised it with their permission. I don't think it's endorsed by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom