• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Come on LSV that's not even the best Lorwyn plains.

Image.ashx

And where's the love for urza's basics?

Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

traveler

Not Wario
I love the art on some of those older lands, but, man, I just cannot stand old frames mixed with new ones. (Or old frames in general) WTB ranking list of best modern frame lands.

Such a shame all the full art frames have been wasted on Zendikar. The first set was fine, but I didn't need another full set of them while other planes get no option for full art. Kaladesh lands look far better than BFZ.

Ashodin

Finally got my Treva invasion commander instead of the new border for my Otaria deck. now I can rock 99-00' magic in style!

280.jpg

Also picked up this bad boy for Niv-Mizzet coinflips:

236.jpg

Santiako

I'm using these basics for my modern deck:

JWoQCqY.png

I'm also not a fan of the BFZ lands, they just look out of place with the nonbasics.

It took a bit for me to follow. This is based on the idea that creating the copies will make the legend rule take effect, and you have to sacrifice them. They only get exiled at end of combat, so the death triggers will trigger for all of them.

yeah they enter the battlefield with 3 counters, 3 reyhans see 2 reyhans dying from the legend rule resulting in 6 triggers and 18 counters total. 18 plus the 3 counters on the original Reyhan combine for 21 damage which would be lethal if she is your commander.

LSV has published a power ranking of basic lands

I'm sure that some people will be upset by his pick for the worst possible choice of lands

Unglued lands deserve to be higher than 5th. When I'm a millionaire all my decks will be nothing but Unglued lands. (Not Guru lands, I didn't say billionaire.)

I agree with him that they don't beat any of the choices he listed, but they (especially the forests and plains) are pretty high up there.

Some of my other underappreciated land choices:

Plains: Mirage, Tempest, Magic 2014

Islands: Ice Age, Fate Reforged, Magic 2012

Swamps: Lorwyn, Shards of Alara (Esper), Onslaught

Mountains: Ice Age, Kamigawa, Portal Second Age

Forests: Mirage, Dragons of Tarkir, Portal Second Age

Wulfric

Ahem, we are forgetting to include the best Mountain for us mere mortals.

I'm still looking the best Plains for Death and Taxes. I need about 12, the beta ones are kinda ugly.

X8oqSx8.jpg

lupin23rd

I use matched Japanese black bordered 4th lands.

Ahem, we are forgetting to include the best Mountain for us mere mortals.

I'm still looking the best Plains for Death and Taxes. I need about 12, the beta ones are kinda ugly.

X8oqSx8.jpg

Best Mountain is still the Arabian Nights Mountain my friend.

As a someone playing since Khans, I really, really like the lands that highlight something. Stuff like KTK's 252 Plains art:
en_3zq1u8dqyy.png

Or DTKs Plains/Forest for the Dromoka Clan:
en_QKXfpAusio.png

en_bZG2rtrZwh.png

An-Det

Come on LSV that's not even the best Lorwyn plains.

Image.ashx

Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx
Image.ashx

Hell yes, Urza's Saga basics! These were my main swamps way long ago, starting when I first started playing Suicide Black. Love em. And I love any basic island that shows a thunderstorm.

18525_200w.jpg
18524_200w.jpg
18523_200w.jpg
7059_200w.jpg

OnPoint

So Tom Ross is just gonna get away with two lands on camera? I like him as a player and I know people make mistakes, but that's not a good look if it actually happened and they ignore it.

Wichu

I played a friendly game against Lantern Control after I finished a round early at the last prerelease. I was on a mono-white enchantment prison deck.

I have no idea how we managed to get in an entire match before the next prerelease round started.

lupin23rd

Are sleeves recyclable?

Moved over to HyperMats and have a stack of both UltraPro sleeves (with the card back on them) and some penny sleeves. Not sure if I should just trash them.

Wulfric

Meh, the GPT went terrible. My only notable rares was Rashmi and Depala, and I didn't realize I had two Impeccable Timings and Skywhaler's Shot in my pool. Regrettable, I went 0-3 and dropped after that.

Lol @ both Tom Ross and Matt Ayers deciding to mull. Ross already has two tron lands out. I want a beard like CVM tho

dHh0NIh.png

Alright MTG bros, I'm looking for a bit of advice. My friends and I each picked up one of the new commander decks (except for Saskia) and jammed with them Friday night. We put in a pretty decent pool of cards for the overall winner and decided do play the first to 2 wins over the next few weeks. We all agreed that we are allowed 10 alterations to the deck for next week.

Here lies the problem. I ended up snagging Kynaios and Tiros and I have no idea how to group hug like a champ. The deck was surprisingly fun,though. Any suggestions on cards to add would be greatly appreciated! I've toyed around with going full pillow fort or switching into a more aggressive deck too!

Btw, proxies are totally legit and encouraged because which of us really has a Moat laying around?

Santiako

Alright MTG bros, I'm looking for a bit of advice. My friends and I each picked up one of the new commander decks (except for Saskia) and jammed with them Friday night. We put in a pretty decent pool of cards for the overall winner and decided do play the first to 2 wins over the next few weeks. We all agreed that we are allowed 10 alterations to the deck for next week.

Here lies the problem. I ended up snagging Kynaios and Tiros and I have no idea how to group hug like a champ. The deck was surprisingly fun,though. Any suggestions on cards to add would be greatly appreciated! I've toyed around with going full pillow fort or switching into a more aggressive deck too!

Btw, proxies are totally legit and encouraged because which of us really has a Moat laying around?

This is a good start.

The article is focused of budget adds, but at the end you have a legit good expensive list.

Hero

If only these two could stop fellating Tom Ross.

It's pretty annoying and I hate how much they promote their own dudes. Like I get it, but maybe root for other people sometimes?

There was a match where Todd Anderson had the perfect draws of disruption, Goyf, Confidant, Lili, Bolt and Boswell calls Todd Anderson the Jund Master. Give me a break.

Xis

Re: basics

Do you make sure all your basics have the same art? I always use basics from the same set (so they match), but use all the arts from that set (for variety).

Like I hadn't even considered running just one art until this thread.

OnPoint

Tom Ross cheats? That's disappointing if true. :/

It's incredibly disappointing to be sure. I'd really like someone to go over his on-screen matches and look for instances of this and make a case if the evidence is there. The same would go for any pro.

Firemind

I don't know what the issue people have with the ZEN basics. Veronique Meignaud's lands look gorgeous. If I was a millionaire all my decks would use the full art Flooded Strands and Polluted Deltas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom