• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: basics

Do you make sure all your basics have the same art? I always use basics from the same set (so they match), but use all the arts from that set (for variety).

Like I hadn't even considered running just one art until this thread.

it only becomes impactful when playing on a more competitive level and in particular with cards that let people look at your hand.

If there are different arts among your basics you're prone to giving your opponent information on what you have drawn after they had a look at your hand, unless you make sure to only play the lands they saw in your hand.

I don't know what the issue people have with the ZEN basics. Veronique Meignaud's lands look gorgeous. If I was a millionaire all my decks would use the full art Flooded Strands and Polluted Deltas.

expedition fetches are the most pointless thing ever, they sure look pretty under all those cards in the yard... Also my grievance is that the set symbol doesn't line up with nonbasics. Same with set symbols on 4 ability PWs but you don't usually stack them.

Re: basics

Do you make sure all your basics have the same art? I always use basics from the same set (so they match), but use all the arts from that set (for variety).

Like I hadn't even considered running just one art until this thread.

I mean, I do but, as stated, unless you're worried about being super competitive it's not all that important. Also matching art is nice.

Firemind

expedition fetches are the most pointless thing ever, they sure look pretty under all those cards in the yard... Also my grievance is that the set symbol doesn't line up with nonbasics. Same with set symbols on 4 ability PWs but you don't usually stack them.
Why would the set symbol matter?

I mean I think it's annoying when people use Textless Cryptic Commands since not everyone knows what the card does, but full art basics and fetches? Yes please.

bigkrev

10082008bleiweiss3.jpg

This is the only Forest i'll even consider running these days

Why is darksteel plate worth anything? I'd guess commander but that sounds like a trap card. Spending 5 mana that doesn't do shit against exile effects.
Weirdo...

Could be worse. Could put lands on top and non-land permanents on bottom.

Or worse. Upside down mirrored...

I'm left handed that naturally makes me a weirdo....

alternade

Why is darksteel plate worth anything? I'd guess commander but that sounds like a trap card. Spending 5 mana that doesn't do shit against exile effects.

I'm left handed that naturally makes me a weirdo....

I would kill for an equipment with indestructible and hexproof, but that might be pushing it as every deck would run it if it wasn't overcosted. Maybe as a colored artifact though.......

y2dvd

It's incredibly disappointing to be sure. I'd really like someone to go over his on-screen matches and look for instances of this and make a case if the evidence is there. The same would go for any pro.

I'm curious to see this too. I'm a casual player, but even to this day, I still make a lot of bone headed mistakes that can be construed as cheating. I'll give Ross a little further a benefit of a doubt until further proven otherwise.

Firemind

I'm curious to see this too. I'm a casual player, but even to this day, I still make a lot of bone headed mistakes that can be construed as cheating. I'll give Ross a little further a benefit of a doubt until further proven otherwise.
One time, I accidentally drew four cards with Thirst for Knowledge. I called a judge immediately and he gave me a game loss. He probably knew what he did when he played the second land.

bigkrev

He 2 landed a turn 2 times in the last half year on camera.

And the thing with the one this week was how blatent it was. He Plays Ghost Quarter, cracks it to destroy a land, then quickly plays a tapped Razorverge Thicket and passes the turn as his opponent is searching up a basic.

The time between the 2 land plays may have been 10 seconds long.

ultron87

I've done that before where you Waste or Ghost Quarter something and put the card directly from your hand into the GY and then for whatever reason it doesn't set off the "I played a land" signal in your head. It's sloppy and should be watched out for in the future, but eh.

OnPoint

And the thing with the one this week was how blatent it was. He Plays Ghost Quarter, cracks it to destroy a land, then quickly plays a tapped Razorverge Thicket and passes the turn as his opponent is searching up a basic.

The time between the 2 land plays may have been 10 seconds long.
It's easy to get away with it when the authority is on your side, I guess.

bigkrev

Ahhh good old Double Explore!

I'm glad that Mike Flores guy isn't shown anymore.

That's EDGAR Flores, not Mike Flores. He was part of that early wave of SCGGrinders who would end up getting banned (Jared Boettecher and Alex Bertoncini being the others)

Hero

That's EDGAR Flores, not Mike Flores. He was part of that early wave of SCGGrinders who would end up getting banned (Jared Boettecher and Alex Bertoncini being the others)

Oh, whoops, my bad! I just remembered the name Flores. I didn't know Jared and Alex got banned as well. Were they sponsored by SCG at the time?

bigkrev

Oh, whoops, my bad! I just remembered the name Flores. I didn't know Jared and Alex got banned as well. Were they sponsored by SCG at the time?

Alex had just won their Invitational or whatever it used to be called that awarded a set of Power to the winner in addition to the Prize money. They ended up not giving him the prize money but he kept the power.

Jared had just won Rookie of the Year when he ate his ban, which led to him loosing his slot at the Wizards World Championship.

Is Snapcaster alone enough to run volrath's Stronghold? I'm already planning of replacing thoughtvessel with expedition map since if I want the effect I can get reliquary tower with it.

I think Snapcaster isn't a very good EDH card unless you're wizard tribal or run Time Stretch or something equally ridiculous.

Not even when you're running all these?

//Instants
1 Anguished Unmaking
1 Arcane Denial
1 Counterspell
1 Countersquall
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Dig Through Time
1 Dismember
1 Dispel
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Flusterstorm
1 Forbid
1 Mana Leak
1 Muddle the Mixture
1 Murderous Cut
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Negate
1 Pact of Negation
1 Path to Exile
1 Remand
1 Render Silent
1 Snuff Out
1 Summary Dismissal
1 Swan Song
1 Swords to Plowshares

//Sorceries
1 Council's Judgment
1 Fabricate
1 Inquisition of Kozilek
1 Praetor's Grasp
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Terminus
1 Thoughtseize
1 Vindicate

and I'm still planning on adding DT and Vampiric, prob cutting the fabricate.

Oh I also have a Spellskite, might add an academy ruins in addition.

Hero

I think Snapcaster isn't a very good EDH card unless you're wizard tribal or run Time Stretch or something equally ridiculous.

Unless you're running some bomb sorceries I think Torrential Gearhulk is probably better for EDH.

Alex had just won their Invitational or whatever it used to be called that awarded a set of Power to the winner in addition to the Prize money. They ended up not giving him the prize money but he kept the power.

Jared had just won Rookie of the Year when he ate his ban, which led to him loosing his slot at the Wizards World Championship.

Oh yeah, I remember that part about Alex now.

Firemind

Is it for Duel Commander?

The thing is you could play any other permission/removal/card draw spell instead and be generally fine. A 2/1 body is nothing in EDH and it's susceptible to graveyard hate.

Nah it's multiplayer but I don't treat them that separately. Hand disruption is still good in my eyes unless there's 3 other blue players on the table.

Any other of these spells isn't any of them and worst case I can still flash snappy in against hand disruption. When closing out games with Zur 6CMC for Fatcaster is a big commitment that doesn't let me hold up many additional counters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm looking to sell my entire Modern Jund deck, but I'm not certain what the best way of going about it is.

What would you guys think - selling the expensive stuff individually on eBay or trying to sell the entire deck in one go?

I just don't play with it enough to justify owning it and I could probably buy a nice PC with the proceeds even if I were to take a huge bath on what I paid for it.

Hero

I'm looking to sell my entire Modern Jund deck, but I'm not certain what the best way of going about it is.

What would you guys think - selling the expensive stuff individually on eBay or trying to sell the entire deck in one go?

I just don't play with it enough to justify owning it and I could probably buy a nice PC with the proceeds even if I were to take a huge bath on what I paid for it.

I would suggest trying to sell it via a local Facebook group or something if your area has that. Might not get as much as individual pieces but much less of a hassle plus you would save on fees.

bigkrev

Assess the set/condition of each card, and then punch it all into a buylist to get your floor. Then, I would use a local FB group to sell it, and you can use that number you got earlier when you negotiate

Wulfric

Modern Jund is full of super liquid cards. There are always people looking for Goyf and Lili. Like others have said, facebook groups are a good place to start. You can try the "High end Magic" group ($50+ cards) if you don't have local groups. Since you're looking for cash, this is your best bet unless you are comfortable selling the deck piecemeal on ebay.

I used to be a frequent ebay seller and even I don't like using it to sell Magic. It's too risky for such high-profile cards like Tarmgoyf. There's just too many scammers out there.

alternade

So are there any cards in the new commander set that have a chance or will see legacy play? I bought too many decks and and trying to offload them but people in my meta are saying to hold on to them just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom