• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move releasing September EU/US October JPN

mckmas8808 said:
Hmmmm..........I wonder what the difference is to Sony.

MM has already said that LBP2 won't be fully compatible with Move at launch although it'll still support it but they'll patch it later with more functions. KZ3 will have full compatibility.

Man

mckmas8808 said:
Hmmmm..........I wonder what the difference is to Sony.
It means Killzone 3 is 100% Move compatible from menus to every aspect of the game. With LBP2 it's for certain features.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Man said:
It means Killzone 3 is 100% Move compatible from menus to every aspect of the game. With LBP2 it's for certain features.

Ahhh. Thanks guys. Makes sense. Glad Sony is putting that easy to read and understand bar on the front of every box art.

Man

spats said:
GG haven't finalized the implementation so I guess they're still uncertain on what level of Move integration it will have.

http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2010-killzone-3-interview/17-2823/

They're still very much dodging all Move-related questions.

Well, they're not uncertain that it will be 100% implemented across the board. I believe they said in another interview at this E3 that the Socom guys gave them their Move code not long ago. Guerrilla also said on stage that KZ3 will have full Move support in time for launch (so obviously it's very much in tuning/implementation stage right now).

Man

KZ2 released in Feb like KZ3 will. The Beta was from end of November into December so we should definitely have Moves on our hands if it's around the same timespace.

mckmas8808

Man said:
KZ2 released in Feb like KZ3 will. The Beta was from end of November into December so we should definitely have Moves on our hands if it's around the same timespace.

I would hope so. Move support for aiming needs to be in the Beta, just to give GG more of an idea of how it plays out.

wind_steaker said:
the LBP2 cover is great..... or would be without the blue dot. K3 is no worse than K2s cover.

Yeah Sony should stick to the covers with MOVE support to look like KZ3's and not LBP2 with that dumb blue dot.

noah111

Still Alive
Man said:
The European LBP2 cover reconfirms Move support:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41pSAilQsqL._SS400_.jpg[IMG]
October 29th date on Amazon.co.uk.

Also, another shot of the charger:

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CjPecuDCL._SS400_.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XLGelrPZL._SS400_.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Here's some hi-res versions of the 'Charging Station' ($29);

[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/s3ntry93/4727166462/sizes/o/"][IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1363/4727166462_7625421a93_z.jpg
[/URL]

Oh some shots of the $20 'Shooting Attachment' (love how they don't want to use 'gun');

Uploaded all the accessory shots here btw.

I think I may get a 3rd party charging dock instead though, if the quality is good enough. It's 30 bucks from Nyko, so same price as the official one but double the dockage.. we'll see.

Although i'm not all that fond of the extra banner thing for Move, it's nice they have clear distinctions with 'Move Required/Compatible/Features' rather than arbitrary.

Hopefully they show on the back with little icons what is required, i.e. two moves for that fighting game, or a nav/DS3 for those games. Anyway, I think I plan on getting a Nav and three Moves, as if I want to play 4 players it'll probably be with someone who has a PS3 thus Move.

mckmas8808

4727091632_9dfa650963_z.jpg

Glad to see that you can actually use the 4 face buttons while the MOVE is in the gun attachment.

Norml

Dedication Through Light said:
I think I will be getting my Move once Sorcery comes out, hopefully the starter bundle is around then

I downloaded the 720p E3 video off PSN and they show some direct feed and not just filming the big screen.The game is pretty good in graphics and looks similar to GOW3 kinda.:D

mckmas8808

Norml said:
I downloaded the 720p E3 video off PSN and they show some direct feed and not just filming the big screen.The game is pretty good in graphics and looks similar to GOW3 kinda.:D

You mean God of War 3? I need to see this video then. Is it on the American PSN? I didn't see it.

Norml

mckmas8808 said:
You mean God of War 3? I need to see this video then. Is it on the American PSN? I didn't see it.

yes. Well, obviously not as good, but the lighting and art gives me a God War feeling seeing in better IQ.

American PSN -Part 2

cakefoo

It's just speculation, as the DS version has you drawing symbols to cast spells.

http://kotaku.com/5570373/studio-ghiblis-ds-game-moves-to-playstation-3
What's more, there's the game's key mechanic to consider: the DS version had the player drawing symbols on the touch-screen to cast spells, which were learned from an actual book included with the game. Could this PS3 version include support for motion controller PlayStation Move?

There's also that old Richard Marks demo showing this mechanic.

MrPliskin

Banned
highluxury said:
Move features will probably be for editing and creating in LBP2.
I doubt it will be that. We'll see some Move specific levels, and the ability to use Move in the Controllinator, but I doubt it'll be to create.

gcubed

cakefoo said:
Good job Beast. Was the girl trying to give you tips and you were just ignoring her so you could do the test? :D

But yeah, according to the game's producer, trajectory assists will be toned down at higher difficulties:

yeah i thought they mentioned a hardcore mode where there is no assist

noah111

Still Alive
MrPliskin said:
I doubt it will be that. We'll see some Move specific levels, and the ability to use Move in the Controllinator, but I doubt it'll be to create.
Why not? If so, major disappointment here.. drawing shapes and so on with the Move, if implemented right, would make creating so much more intuitive and speedy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
SEGAmaniaco said:
All 54 Playstation Move Games HERE till end of this fiscal year!

Child of Eden now supports Move?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

ULTROS!

Stumpokapow said:
If you go through the effort of relinking the Youtube stuff, I'll be happy to edit your post into the OT because I think it's very useful.

Sure!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Concept17 said:
Motorstorm? How does that work? I mean there is steering like before...but you could do that with sixaxis.

I don't think they've confirmed any Move support.

I'm also not sure what Grand Slam Tennis is doing there. There was a PS3 version but it was delayed and we've heard nothing since. It may well have been cancelled.

ULTROS!

Edited it Stump. No links for 31-36. Will look for them tomorrow.

Brofist

I posted this in the 3D gaming impression topic and since it's relevant I'll report here.

Yesterday I had a chance to play a bit with Move at a Playstation concept store (check link)

http://www.jp.playstation.com/conceptshop/

Move and Sports Champions game were there to test, but only the Table Tennis and Disc Golf games were playable.

Table Tennis was a fun game, of course the type of game which is a fit for Move. The movements were registered accurately, with different types of swing and spin being registered. The characters animation didn't seem to match my movement 100% though, which threw me off a bit.

The Disc Golf game was interesting, although I sucked at it. It was hard to gauge how hard I was throwing the frisbee, and I kept missing short shots (the girl was laughing at my suckiness heh).

Overall the controller seemed comfortable, the shape makes it a little nicer to hold than the Wiimote.

Lyonaz

Damn that Sorcery game looks AWESOME!

So yeah definitely will be getting the Move bundle. Time Crisis:Razing Storm (with 2 extra games) and Sorcery will be totally worth it! :D

Now the only thing left is for Lucas Arts to make me a Star Wars lightsabre game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SEGAmaniaco said:
All 54 Playstation Move Games HERE till end of this fiscal year!

Added some of those games to my list.

Some games listed there aren't supporting Move as far as I know. But perhaps I've missed the memo?

Here are the games I'm currently omitting from that list:

Child of Eden
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
Little League World Series 2010
Grand Slam Tennis
EA Sports ACTIVE 2.0
PlayStation Home

Please let me know if PlayStation Move support was actually announced for those games. I need an official source tho.

@Sentry

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1060979p1.html (no game announced yet apparently, just the partnership with Warner Bros to release games supporting Move and Kinect)

Edit - What is Sing and Draw anyway?

Top Bottom