• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move releasing September EU/US October JPN

Just for the hell of it, I held a Dual Shock 3 in one hand just to see how comfortable it is. Honestly it's not bad at all, but you could always just lay it on your lap and avoid tiring your hand from holding it for long sessions. Anyways I'm interested in getting one with either Time Crisis or Socom 4. I just hope I can snag a cheap used PS Eye(around $20). But I get the feeling prices will start going up for those if they haven't already with the Move coming out this Fall.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Rice-Eater said:
Just for the hell of it, I held a Dual Shock 3 in one hand just to see how comfortable it is. Honestly it's not bad at all, but you could always just lay it on your lap and avoid tiring your hand from holding it for long sessions. Anyways I'm interested in getting one with either Time Crisis or Socom 4. I just hope I can snag a cheap used PS Eye(around $20). But I get the feeling prices will start going up for those if they haven't already with the Move coming out this Fall.
Eye of Judgment bundles are 20 NEW here. Cam, cloth map, cards and all.

hxa155

already pre-ordered the starter-bundle

looking forward to LittleBigPlanet 2, Heavy Rain, Socom 4, Sorcery, The Shoot and Dead Space Extraction

I usually don't be there day 1 for new consoles or peripherals but I hope it's supported well

noah111

Still Alive
beast786 said:
Hopefully this will help in figuring out the lag/response
Quite pointless as it relies on the developer and implementation, baseline lag is supposedly 22ms but with everything going on in the game it may increase a bit. Notice for example how fast flicking of the wand in Sorcery was versus the swinging of the club in tiger woods golf. As for the vid though, still a bit noticeable but don't think it will serve an actual problem while playing. Here's to hoping GG with all their experience with lag on the DS3 can get it at least that responsive for KZ3. :D

supermackem said:
electric food water
cool is that at walmart?

beast786

shagg_187 said:
Yep. Minimalistic lag is there. Hopefully it's not too significant when online gaming comes to play,

Its very easy to pick up because there is no dead zone. Now I asked the guy about that very little lag, He said that will be optimized when the game you are playing has a better FPS.

And I do agree. Because when I was using move with games with Solid FPS. The move just seemed much more responsive.

Either way, I have another video showing Table Tennis and the racket movement. Plus, you can actually put spins on the balls. It was awesome.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Skiesofwonder said:

There are great games without Move already.

If you were so obsessed with enjoying all facets of gaming, you'd enjoy the fruits on all consoles like most self proclaimed "hardcore" gamers. I'm sure you'd have found a way to enjoy what the PS3 has to offer without picking the most expensive bundle, then complaining about the price.

beast786

Sentry said:
Quite pointless as it relies on the developer and implementation, baseline lag is supposedly 22ms but with everything going on in the game it may increase a bit. Notice for example how fast flicking of the wand in Sorcery was versus the swinging of the club in tiger woods golf. As for the vid though, still a bit noticeable but don't think it will serve an actual problem while playing. Here's to hoping GG with all their experience with lag on the DS3 can get it at least that responsive for KZ3. :D

Yeah man.

I know what you mean. But was just trying to show where SOCOM is right now. I really had a good time. Its amazing how move is supported all the way. Almost every game looked like had a move support.

Tiger EA was a perfect example. You control the open/close of the club, swing angle and strength. Hence , making the game more realistic and harder.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
beast786 said:
Its very easy to pick up because there is no dead zone. Now I asked the guy about that very little lag, He said that will be optimized when the game you are playing has a better FPS.

And I do agree. Because when I was using move with games with Solid FPS. The move just seemed much more responsive.

Either way, I have another video showing Table Tennis and the racket movement. Plus, you can actually put spins on the balls. It was awesome.

Post the Table Tennis video ASAP!!!!!!!!!! And what do you mean the MOVE is great with a solid FPS? What game are you talking about?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
beast786 said:
Yeah man.

I know what you mean. But was just trying to show where SOCOM is right now. I really had a good time. Its amazing how move is supported all the way. Almost every game looked like had a move support.

Tiger EA was a perfect example. You control the open/close of the club, swing angle and strength. Hence , making the game more realistic and harder.

Did you get a video of you playing Tiger EA game with the MOVE?

beast786

mckmas8808 said:
Did you get a video of you playing Tiger EA game with the MOVE?

I had a great time with move. Got to meet Dr.Marks took a pic :D (Great Guy) also with Jack Trentton :lol

I hate being on camera, So both with Table tennis and PGA Tiger I took video racquet movement prior to serve/hitting. I will load them up on youtube.

2morrow I will take some video while playing. As per TT, i tried all the spin, top, down, left and right. They all worked. BTW l love TT.

noah111

Still Alive
beast786 said:
I had a great time with move. Got to meet Dr.Marks took a pic :D (Great Guy) also with Jack Trentton :lol

I hate being on camera, So both with Table tennis and PGA Tiger I took video racquet movement prior to serve/hitting. I will load them up on youtube.

2morrow I will take some video while playing. As per TT, i tried all the spin, top, down, left and right. They all worked. BTW l love TT.
Awesome, looking forward to it bro. BTW did you play any titles on Move + 3D?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
belvedere said:
There are great games without Move already.

If you were so obsessed with enjoying all facets of gaming, you'd enjoy the fruits on all consoles like most self proclaimed "hardcore" gamers. I'm sure you'd have found a way to enjoy what the PS3 has to offer without picking the most expensive bundle, then complaining about the price.

Most expensive bundle? How is that when I want a PS3 for Move above everything else? $400 is the cheapest way to get that. Yeah I want to enjoy all facets of gaming but I have a tough time finding the time and money to do that successfully with my Wii and 360. Does that not make me a "hardcore" gamer? No. I'm just trying to spend my money as wisely as possible and making sure every product I buy is of quality. I greatly want a PS3 with Move, but I find that hard to justify for $400 when that equals potentially seven great games I could buy on my other consoles.

But according to you close to half of Neogaf is not a "hardcore" gamere just because he or she don't own every console and every handheld available? Right?

expy

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
Yeah I want to enjoy all facets of gaming but I have a tough time finding the time and money to do that successfully with my Wii and 360. Does that not make me a "hardcore" gamer? No. I'm just trying to spend my money as wisely as possible and making sure every product I buy is of quality.
Ummm... =\

beast786

JWong said:
The guy destroyed his arm...

Lol.

Sorry. Yep, I had it rotated 360 degrees. Was trying to show that it can move and as much as you want to. I intially rotated it 180 and repostion my hand and did another 180

expy

Banned
beast786 said:
Lol.

Sorry. Yep, I had it rotated 360 degrees. Was trying to show that it can move and as much as you want to. I intially rotated it 180 and repostion my hand and did another 180

True 1:1. Would've been weird if you kept moving back and it jsut stopped... But it's still weird this way too... however, they can call it 1:1. :lol

JWong

Banned
beast786 said:
Lol.

Oh, it was you. LOL

Should just call it beyond 1:1 because it's something we can't do.

cakefoo

OldJadedGamer said:
Right, 2 players will run you $150 bucks. With sub controllers that would be actually $210 for two people. Two people using two wands each like the Archery game would be $250.
The games don't have to be played with two Moves. All that matters is if single Move gameplay is good enough for the masses.

I think 2 will be the magic number, because then you have both for yourself when you're alone, but enough for multiplayer.

Big B

So I'm looking at the Eye thing on Amazon and I noticed that both Kinect and Move wands and bundles are in the top 25. who's buying these things? Talk about a disposable income!

Big B said:
So I'm looking at the Eye thing on Amazon and I noticed that both Kinect and Move wands and bundles are in the top 25. who's buying these things? Talk about a disposable income!

GAF only wants to know which is higher :p

Nice movements there with the racket. Nice flooring they have too ;)

I ordered the Wand+Camera bundle on Amazon UK because its £50 which seems realistic. Also I'm guaranteed the best price Amazon puts up for it in the next 3 months. OH and I can cancel it if I don't fancy any of the launch titles.

Brad at Giant Bomb says to get the navi controller:

But having spent some time with the Move and its navigation controller, I can say that this alternate method of control is a bad idea. There's a reason the navigation controller is so small, light, and contoured; and it has something to do with how ridiculous it would be to use a standard controller with just one hand.

Sigh. $130 is too high of an entry price for me, especially for one player. Going to have to skip launch and wait for a price drop or extreme deal. I'll definitely get Move at some point, though.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Move is a bit over priced. I don't believe Eyetoy would cost much at all considering the tech is so old and the Move controller wouldn't be more than a Wiimote

Sony should work out some sort of cheaper entry point for two sets of controllers at like $150 (max)

aristotle

Loudninja said:
Where are people getting these prices from? :/

Perhaps making stuff up? Or maybe they think every single person doesn't have some of the components already. That's the only thing that makes sense. I'm hopping in for under $80 bucks.

Yoboman said:
Move is a bit over priced. I don't believe Eyetoy would cost much at all considering the tech is so old and the Move controller wouldn't be more than a Wiimote

Sony should work out some sort of cheaper entry point for two sets of controllers at like $150 (max)

You mean wiimote + nunchuck. It's on par price wise. Not to mention you need the motion+ to get the same kind of registered movement. So in reality, to buy the wiimote + nunchuck + motion+ it's 5 bucks more.

I got the Eyetoy for 10 bucks with Eye of Judgement. So my entry is less already. Plus I got a game with it. This also doesn't take into account that Eyepet will come package with a camera as well like the Euro version did. Jus' sayin'.

aristotle said:
Perhaps making stuff up? Or maybe they think every single person doesn't have some of the components already. That's the only thing that makes sense. I'm hopping in for under $80 bucks.

I don't have a Playstation Eye. I'd suspect most PS3 owners do not.

$99.99 for the Move+Eye+Game bundle plus $29.99 for the navchuck = $130 price of entry for one player. Waggling a Dual Shock around with one hand is not a realistic option that anybody is going to stick with over time.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Beer Monkey said:

$99.99 for the Move+Eye+Game bundle plus $29.99 for the navchuck = $130 price of entry for one player. Waggling a Dual Shock around with one hand is not a realistic option that anybody is going to stick with over time.
You don't waggle the navigation controller, therefore there is no need to waggle the DS3.

aristotle

Beer Monkey said:

What part did they ever state that you NEED a subcontroller to play any Move game? I have a feeling the early titles will have a bunch of pack-ins to help make the games and peripherals take off.

If you buy an Eyetoy at full price, that's your fault. You get them cheap everywhere right now.

Hey, I found a PS Eye for about $29 with free shipping at THIS place, but can I trust it. Can somebody give me some assurance or should I just take the plunge anyways and hope everything turns out well?

spwolf

Beer Monkey said:
Brad at Giant Bomb says to get the navi controller:

Sigh. $130 is too high of an entry price for me, especially for one player. Going to have to skip launch and wait for a price drop or extreme deal. I'll definitely get Move at some point, though.

honestly, if you really wanted move, you can get it individually by getting cheaper Eye... and play with DS3 until you have money for navi.

You are basically saying you dont want new hd tv because you want 60" Plasma and 40" wont suffice.

DMeisterJ said:
You don't waggle the navigation controller, therefore there is no need to waggle the DS3.

The point is ergonomics, just like Brad at Giant Bomb is saying. Holding a two-handed controller with one hand for hours is ghetto and is not going to be as comfortable as holding a nunchuck.

And LOOK at the navigation controller. Are you really telling me that you can easily use the dpad + an analog thumbstick + two triggers plus the X and O buttons on a DS3 at the same time with one hand?

spwolf said:
You are basically saying you dont want new hd tv because you want 60" Plasma and 40" wont suffice.

Actually in that scenario I would indeed keep saving my money until I could buy the 60".

The full 'Move' product is $130 MSRP for a single player. That's a fact.

aristotle

Rice-Eater said:
Hey, I found a PS Eye for about $29 with free shipping at THIS place, but can I trust it. Can somebody give me some assurance or should I just take the plunge anyways and hope everything turns out well?

Call their free number. If they sound wonky, hang up. I still think that's too much. Why don't you go to ebay? They're about 20 on there. Cheaper if you win the bid most likely ;)

Top Bottom