• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move releasing September EU/US October JPN

spwolf

Xater said:
Yesterday I raged about the pricing because I thought we would have to pay 100€ for that bundle. Right now the pricing seems to be alright. I want to play Dead Space Extraction and probably Killzone 3 that way so I am going to buy it.

euro pricing is perfect... its 60 Euros with a demo... thats probably whats the difference between it and US pricing (US comes with full game).

Anyway, works for me as i have PSEye not doing anything for a long time...

Xater

spwolf said:
euro pricing is perfect... its 60 Euros with a demo... thats probably whats the difference between it and US pricing (US comes with full game).

Anyway, works for me as i have PSEye not doing anything for a long time...

well you can still get the game and pay the same as the US price. I don't want that game so I am for this kind of bundle.

4703217393_3a43d0ac5f.jpg

Is this a recharge stand?

Looks nifty. I like the gun too.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Pricing is OK-ish, I hope they release a Euro Move-Navi-bundle without the Eye though, I already got me one of those.

Games seem like they've got potential to be more than the regular 13-in-a-dozen, and mad props for Sony for not labeling every game with Move in the title.

RpgN

Since I already have an eyetoy with the eyepet game, it's not going to cost me a lot of money and the second accessory is not necessary since you can use your controller for that which is pretty nice.

Eyepet, Heavy Rain and Re5 are going to support Move among other games that are already out where we don't even have buy new games to test it.

Luckily, I'm very excited about the Move since its controls are so precise and games like Sorcery are the kind of games I was waiting for on the wii.

So I'm definitely going to get that Move (4 days after my birthday, yay!) and paying 40 euros is a resonable price even though it's always nice to have it cheaper :p I hope the launch games will be good as well though.

Man

SolidSnakex said:
Why does the nunchuk cost $30? At most it should be $20.
Unlike other nunchucks this one is wireless with bluetooth and it's own rechargable lithium battery.

Raistlin

outunderthestars said:
$130 to get going, plus $300 for the system.

$430 vs $200 for a Wii.

How is this thing going to be anything other than a complete failure?

Because I doubt Sony is really targeting this at non-owners.

Where is the Move bundle with a Starter-Disc for those who already have the PSEye?

Will the Move Support only be for RE5: Gold Edition or will the Update be for vanilla also?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
berserk_ftw said:
Where is the Move bundle with a Starter-Disc for those who already have the PSEye?

There is no such bundle, sadly. I'd like a Move+Sub one myself.

antiloop

With those prices and confirmed support in major games I predict this will sell a crap load in Europe.

The pic above with the wand and the loading stand looks so sexy. :eek:

Jal

In English monies

Starter Pack: £49.99
Move: £39.99
Sub: £29.99
@play.com

The sub is too much, i'll use DS3 and see how it goes.

berserk_ftw said:

Will the Move Support only be for RE5: Gold Edition or will the Update be for vanilla also?

Yeah I only have vanilla Resi5 as well so im hoping they do an update for both, will have to wait and see I guess...

Ricker

Wait,so we need an eyetoy thing to use Move?? and like in Sorcery,I watch the conference but didn`t notice but how did he simply move forward and all with the Move exactly...i`m asking because i`m not that found of all those motion things but Sorcery really interest me but I just want to buy one Move controller,not the eye thing and all that stuff...

Ricker said:
Wait,so we need an eyetoy thing to use Move?? and like in Sorcery,I watch the conference but didn`t notice but how did he simply move forward and all with the Move exactly...i`m asking because i`m not that found of all those motion things but Sorcery really interest me but I just want to buy one Move controller,not the eye thing and all that stuff...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1268/4703217393_3a43d0ac5f.jpg

He was also holding the navigation controller.

What's lost in a lot of this conversation in terms of pricing and consumer wants, is the fact that the 3DS is going to be more popular than the Wii or anything Sony or MS does with their motion controls, especially if Nintendo can release this during the holiday season.

jorma

is now taking requests
obijkenobi said:
What's lost in a lot of this conversation in terms of pricing and consumer wants, is the fact that the 3DS is going to be more popular than the Wii or anything Sony or MS does with their motion controls, especially if Nintendo can release this during the holiday season.

Probably lost because it isn't really relevant.

I already have the eye so I'll only need the Move and Navigation controller. I really want to play Sorcery, but thats a while away. Until then its Heavy Rain, SOCOM 4, Under Siege and Killzone 3 for me.

obijkenobi said:

apples and oranges.

May be some kind of horrible mis-understanding but according to ape escape twitter, Move controllers are region locked?!
http://twitter.com/apeclub

"Yes. But PAL/NTSC Controllers wont work with a NTSC-J game. A NTSC-J controller will not work with a PAL/NTSC PS3..."
"...So all games are region locked to the controllers. And controllers are locked to the PS3"

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Family Fry said:
May be some kind of horrible mis-understanding but according to ape escape twitter, Move controllers are region locked?!
http://twitter.com/apeclub

"Yes. But PAL/NTSC Controllers wont work with a NTSC-J game. A NTSC-J controller will not work with a PAL/NTSC PS3..."
"...So all games are region locked to the controllers. And controllers are locked to the PS3"

We established some time before E3 that this twitter feed was a fake.

I don't know why someone would pretend to run the official twitter feed for Ape Escape, or whatever, it seems like a very bizaare game to do that with, but there ya go...

Ahh if the account is a known fake then off that goes from the list.
Only noticed it cause I wanted to know if Ape Escape would be at E3, saw that and thought WTF?!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
TTP said:
There is no such bundle, sadly. I'd like a Move+Sub one myself.

You can download the Move demos from the store though according to one of the replies on the blog.

Binabik15

The gun periperal is sooo sexy with its retro look.

Add in the 3-for-1 lightgun game pack and I´m sold. Definitely picking this up someday when it´s cheaper. But they´ll have a hard time selling me anything besides lightgun games.

Pew, pew, pew!

BattleMonkey said:
Do any of the games actually use the subcontroller, seems like everyone demoed so far just uses the move controllers.

Huh? Pretty much all games I saw used the sub-controller. Like Sorcery for instance. But yeah, the amount of games using two wands was disturbing from a price point of view.

Top Bottom