• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Move releasing September EU/US October JPN

Hydrargyrus said:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010...aystation-move-available-15th-september-2010/

Euro prices:

- Ps Eye + Move controller + Starter disc: 60€
- Move controller: 40€
- PS Eye: 30€
- Subcontroller: 30€

So... from my point of view... I'd buy EyePet and get the PS Eye, that's 40€. Plus Move controller, another 40€. Plus Sub controller, 30€

110€ = Complete Move set + Eyepet
or
60€ + 30€ = 90€ = Complete Move set + Demo disc...

Yeah...

No freaking way.

-viper-

Banned
The pricing is FUCKING AWFUL. The sub controller should be included with every move wand.

I'll buy at a discounted price, should there be any discounts when its released.

spats said:
I'm glad that PS Eye I bought ages ago will get some use. Buying move mainly for Killzone 3, but seems there's some other appealing stuff aswell.
Same here I already got the PSEYE and got it for free long ago. I'm getting the Move for potential FPS games. Since Killzone 3 is the first to be announced to support it, I'll get move sometime around the launch of Killzone 3.

bluehat9

$130 is way too much for me, and if sony thinks people without ps3s are going to pony up $400 for this, then I think they've miscalculated again.

It's like Sony and MS think wii was successful simply because it had motion controls and party games, not because it was a lot cheaper too.

Man

bluehat9 said:
$130 is way too much for me, and if sony thinks people without ps3s are going to pony up $400 for this, then I think they've miscalculated again.

It's like Sony and MS think wii was successful simply because it had motion controls and party games, not because it was a lot cheaper too.
Yet people pay up $300 for a PS3 without motion gaming :O

I may buy this just for the hell of it. I can't help it, I'm a gadget guy, plus the gun thingy looks kind of sexy. Will bu using it mainly for FPS so hopefully COD Black Ops or MW2 gets patched to use this.

Stillmatic

New Zealand Pricing:

Move: NZ$79.99 (Price)
Playstation 3 Eye Camera: NZ$69.99 (Price)
Sub Controller: NZ$59.99 (Price)

Total:
For one set: NZ$209.97
Just the Move & Sub controller: NZ$139.98

Yeah after seeing it work perfectly in the conference and knowing it'll be used in a mix of games from KZ3 to Sorcery, i'm definitely interested in grabbing one, but that is too expensive.

If they really want this thing to take off here it needs to be around NZ$150 mark.

edit: If i had a camera already i wouldn't mind the price, but it's buying the camera that tips it over the edge for me.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Why people don't understand that the DS3 actually replaces the sub-controller, such as you don't need to buy one? If you're too cheap to buy one you don't have to. It seems that the message doesn't get through. Jeez.

Is there a list of games that use *only* the Wand? The vast majority of the games I saw today had a subcontroller being used it with.

Man said:
Yet people pay up $300 for a PS3 without motion gaming :O

Blu-ray player

JeFfRey said:
Why people don't understand that the DS3 actually replaces the sub-controller, such as you don't need to buy one? If you're too cheap to buy one you don't have to. It seems that the message doesn't get through. Jeez.

Because we have yet to see anyone from Sony use a DS3 while playing a Move game?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Nice launch-line up. Shame about the price.

I think i'll definitely be getting "move" in the far future though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tormentoso said:
I can see sony using Kinetic cost almost 4 times as much money as the PS3 eye camera card..:lol

Nah, they will go with the living room size argument.

Other then casual games I don't think there will be much 4 player Move games. Hell there is hardly any splitscreen gaming these days.

TTP said:
Nah, they will go with the living room size argument.

Probably...:lol

Either way i think MS will not dare to cross that line,and talk about actual value,we all know that road would take them trough a really bumpy road.:D

iceatcs

OldJadedGamer said:
Oh, I know they "say" you can but I want to see someone playing a game doing it.
There was the video of Resident Evil demo on last TGS.
I suppose you need is just a little patience for anyone use on E3, maybe not. I'm sure after when Move got handing to the media HQ.

jiggle

this is gonna tank ssooooooooo fucking hard in Japan
don't see anything on that list that would appeal to the ppl there
and even if all the RE ppl gets it, that's only 200k or so

doubt they're saving stuffs for TGS since that's just 1 month before the release(i think)
hardly enough time

OldJadedGamer said:
Oh, I know they "say" you can but I want to see someone playing a game doing it.

Easy to imagination this...hold a dualshock with just one hand. In fact, I just tried it. It felt great and I was able to easily access the d-pad, analog stick, and left trigger buttons.

witness

Completely dicking you over with the pricing on the sub controller, this will keep me from buying it this year.

Guardian Bob said:
Price is a bit disceving (because you'll need multiples)

I wish they would just sell the controller and sub-controller together.
If you already have a PS Eye, it's actually cheaper than Wii remote + motion plus + nunchuck (that's $85 USD, compared to $80 USD). However, without a doubt, motion controls aren't cheap.
jiggle said:
this is gonna tank ssooooooooo fucking hard in Japan
don't see anything on that list that would appeal to the ppl there
and even if all the RE ppl gets it, that's only 200k or so

doubt they're saving stuffs for TGS since that's just 1 month before the release(i think)
hardly enough time
SCEA doesn't tend to say anything about games from Japan during their conferences. I think we'll see games which are Japanese oriented, but probably at some private showing in Japan (or during TGS).

gcubed

shagg_187 said:
I have the camera and find it weird that buying the $99 bundle would be cheaper than buying them separately without the camera.

kinda in the same boat here. Have had an eye for a while and it is of no benefit

Carl

Thinking of diving in on this. Already have Eyetoy (Burnout Paradise made me get it :( ) so wouldn't be too expensive

And some of the games look awesome (sorcerer/sorcery/whatever in particular)

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Sony's price structure for PS3 and PSP make me want to shake the shit out of them! They better never pull this shit again!

klee123

Will get one thanks to Kung Fu rider, Time Crisis, dead space and RE5 gold edition. Still waiting for Ape escape though.

Sykra

Entry price for me is fine considering i have an eye camera and ill use ds3 as the navigation controller atleast in the start to see how it works. Games look good, kz3 obviously and sorcery is suprisingly interesting despite sounding like shovelware :p

I think there will be some good Christmas deals or bundles. This initial price is just for the people who buy everything brand new full price day one.

Afrikan

how some are going out of their way to lie and bash this optional interface...

like others, I already have a PSEye and a "sub" controller (DS3)....I just need to spend $50 for the Move.

noah111

Still Alive
The price isn't that bad at all, basically what I predicted. Would've be nice to see Move at $39 and the Nav at $20, with the bundle at $70-80. Still, it's not too bad, and I expect it to go down.

Most will probably end up paying $150-180, as another Move for MP and dual SP, as well as a single Nav. Definitely should have had a Move + Nav bundle for $60-70, but oh well.

Afrikan

also are people just forgetting the tech that are in these devices? which might drive up the price alittle. :/

PSEye can do more things than a censer bar.

PSMove has more tech than a WiiMote.

Subcontroller is wireless..............but doesn't have any motion censers (I believe) so I understand this needing to be cheaper......although again, you can just use your DS3 instead.

have the camera from eye of judgement

so i'll snag a controller and check it out. I mainly want to try out the games that offer both options. For me that's not a bad barrier of entry

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
24pggzn.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
You guys that keep saying, wiimote + nunchuck + console is priced better. You're forgetting this is more accurate than the wii, with the camera it can do more gameplay wise, and the wii doesnt do HD or 3D.

Vhalyar

Bad_Boy said:
You guys that keep saying, wiimote + nunchuck + console is priced better. You're forgetting this is more accurate than the wii, with the camera it can do more gameplay wise, and the wii doesnt do HD or 3D.
Not exactly mass-market arguments though :/

Top Bottom